Rewards Network Employee Reviews

Good place to work but...
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 20, 2017
A well received marketing product, but there is a lot of competition for the one part that makes you the sales rep a lot of money. Best not to be placed in mid size markets. Best in Large Metropolitan areas. Culture of the company is good and open. They listen to any idea you might have.
Pros
decent benefits.
Cons
Some items you sell are not competitive at all.
Nice place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2017
Overall I had a good experience working here. Nice people, good managers overall, a CEO who really cares about staff members and the business. I had a good manager and a good team. Corporate office in downtown Chicago is really nice and a good location. They get a lot of negative reviews on Glassdoor and I could not figure out why. I only left because I moved to another city.
Pros
Good people, decent time off
Cons
Pay was on the lower side for many positionos
would love to come back and work there again
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Your supervisors are extremely supportive. they are always encouraging. a typical day would be making calls around the country and setting appointments for Account Executives with a daily goal set in order to make the monthly quota. supervisors are always there to make sure you succeed and exceed expectations that you set yourself and those that have been set for you.
Management is deaf to remote employees
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 8, 2017
management in home office are unwilling to support remote employees. The sales manager was horrible. Unprofessional, racist, and unskilled at actual sales. This behavior was reported to management by several employees in the territory and they did nothing; hence the ridiculous amount of turnover.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Disconnected and ineffectual management. Poor expense reimbursement
Shady Management
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2017
Constant changes from C-Level down
Management inappropriate in terms of harassment
Lots of backstabbing at the C-Level
Pros
day to day job duties were fun and flexible
Cons
Management and C-Level, Compensation
Good compensation and coworkers/bad management
Contract Operations SPECIALIST/Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
The company itself is nice. The work is rewarding, my cowokers were excellent and the compensation was good. The management was atrocious.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Nightmare mangement
Is it possible to give them a zero?
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLSeptember 10, 2016
Terrible company with no ethics or true values. Rewards Network is a waste of time, don't even bother!
They abuse their restaurants with false programs that cheat business owners. Rotten business!
Pros
Nothing other than a paycheck
Cons
Too many to mention, look at Glassdoor for detailed information.
Strong Sales ethich
Member Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 4, 2016
RewardsNetwork rewards their employees financially for their sales efforts. A typical day consists of a performance review from the previous day, discussing the sales strategy and lead allocation. Shortly there after the sales team aggressively begins calling to meet their daily/weekly goal.
Pros
structured sales environment
Cons
poor lead generation system
Job description drastically changed from rewards programs to factoring
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2016
The company during my tenure was changing their business from the administration of airline rewards programs to advance factoring i.e. selling money based on future accounts receivable.
The plan was not thought out and entry into the market was initially not successful.
Great work/life balance but horrible pay
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2016
great work/life balance, but pay is horrid compare to similar organization. Company culture has changed dramatically for the worst reflecting the kind of companies you run away from. the new changes seems to aim to get rid of tenure rep....I would advise them to go back to what make tenured employees love the companies
Pros
making your own schedule
Cons
poor commission structure
Stay Away From this Organization
Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2015
The turnover rate is extremely high and management/leadership team is horrible. For the company to have been around for 30+ years, you would thing they would have everything together and in order, but they don't.

They do not care about how they treat their employees, they've gone through 2 CEO's within 2 years, and they are quick to through their employees under the bus.

People out of their Hollywood, FL office as well as the Chicago, IL office are always either voluntarily leaving or they are firing someone for no apparent reason.

You will not find Rewards Network on any "top companies to work for" list because they treat their employees like trash.

I would not recommend this company to anyone in my professional/personal network.
Cons
Unstable working environment, management is always under stress
Fun work enviornment, high turnover.
Contract Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2015
With a high turnover rate and recent layoffs the employees are somewhat stressed. Management is constantly changing procedures which makes it hard to keep track of whats going on. No strong leadership with the new CEO.

On a positive note the level teamwork is strong, we keep each other afloat in a sea of confusion.
Pros
Fun enviornment, ping pong tournaments, group outings
Cons
Unpredictable layoffs and hiring freezes
Hard core sales, pounding the pavement, setting appointments and conducting presentations.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2015
A great team of individuals to work with. Non-stop drive to keep up numbers needed. Never ending cycle... Can burn out quickly but fun to be in the field meeting restaurant owners.
Very unstable
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Do not continue your career here. It's extremely unstable and they do frequent layoffs. They've had 3 CEOs in the past 2 years. High turnover at the leadership level and at all other levels.
Overall a good company
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2014
A lot of change - have to be ready for lots of change.

The health benefits were good, and the cost were not that bad.

Because of all of the change - there are a lot of opportunities to learn many things.

If you like a lot of change this is the place for you.
Marketing company is fun but too many changes
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2014
In about 12 months they have gone through 3 different CIO's.
Support staff have come and gone as well. There are a number of immature people acting as managers and their HR department is nothing more than a pawn of the managers.
Pros
work and home life is well balanced
Cons
some managers are very immature and abusive
Overall I enjoy coming into the office everyday and I come with a smile.
CONTRACT OPERATIONS SPECIALIST / SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago IllinoisJuly 14, 2014
A typical work day consists of reading off emails, putting them in order by which is of importance. I learn something new everyday, because when your into sales it's always something new to learn. Management is very helpful when ever I have questions or concerns. My co-workers are excellent, we get along well and we help each other if need be. The hardest part of my job is when I'm not busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is keeping busy, making sure my work is complete and correct.
Pros
We have lunch and learns once a month.
Cons
wish our PTO days was separate from our sick days
Great Atmosphere
Brand Assistant (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMarch 11, 2014
Beginning with the company the people are great and everyday you learn something new. Either it financial, accounting or legal wise its something that you can take to your next career jump.
Terrible Experience. Proceed with caution.
Anonymous Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2013
I worked for varying competitors over the years and never heard anything good about Rewards Network.... That said, I ended up talking to a Recruiter and needed to make a change. I am not going to lie, the compensation and job descrition were a step-up so I thought I would give it a shot. The interviews were all positive--- I was impressed with the individuals that were interviewing me and since it required at least 4-5 interviews I got the feeling that the organization really went above and beyond to find the right fit. I really thought it was going to be the right move. I made a mistake.... I was impressionable and blinded by the job description and the pay. Long story short, as soon as I started---- even on Day 1, there was issues. People would tip-toe around the office, and if you wanted to challenge the status quo you had to do it in "whispers" I could tell people were scared to lose their jobs and the CEO even stated in the training classroom that they pride themselves for lack of better words cleaning house to reduce costs--- it's part of their on-going business practice. Lay-offs were a routine practice... I wasn't worried about lay-offs, however, because the company was promising growth. Anwyays, the trainer was a complete backstabber--- so worried about her job that she was quick to try and throw others under the bus...And, I mean-- if you didn't break a rule, she would share perceptions/judgements about people and it would get back to the leadership team. The VP of Marketing, terrible ego, and made multiple comments about "Men vs Woman" at the workplace. She actually  more... got some of her people to say that I said things on a confernce call.... And I was never even on that conference call. It was like she had it out for me, from the beggining. Mind you--- I have never had a problem at the workplace and I am not a drama guy---- AT ALL. I show up, I do my job very well.....And what you see is what you get with me. Anyways, 3 weeks into my career my hiring manager left the company and all of sudden I became a target. To this day, I have no idea why these gals had it out for me.... At the end of the day, I chalk it up as the worst career decision I ever made---- however, I did learn a lot from that. I am very-very-very mindful of workplace culture. In fact, I took a role today that pays far less but the culture is a perfect fit. I would just caution you about this company....Lot's of turnover, workplace drama, scared employees, better and more sophistacted competitors, leadership team is two-faced.  less
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything except for the money
was a great place, now a horrible place
account executive (Former Employee) –  new york, NYDecember 17, 2013
Investor taking the company private ruined what was once a great place. Their only goal is to pay of the loans, get their money back and get out, and that's ok. Employees realize that ownership and senior management do not care about their workforce and we dont care about them, the opposite of what than it used to be. the goal now for sales is to do the absolute minimum in order to keep your manager from harassing you. But that gets old after a while which is why so many long time employees keep quitting or give up and get fired. There is no plan to make the company more competitive, and there is no fight left in it's workforce.
Pros
work from home, set own schedule, can work part time in order to produce the minimum required results
Cons
mediocrity is the new CEO Club winner. Save your money, no one any good wants to go anyway!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rewards Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8