Rewards Network

Rewards Network Employee Reviews

Stay Away From this Organization
Operations Department (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2015
Cons: Unstable working environment, management is always under stress
The turnover rate is extremely high and management/leadership team is horrible. For the company to have been around for 30+ years, you would thing they would have everything together and in order, but they don't.

They do not care about how they treat their employees, they've gone through 2 CEO's within 2 years, and they are quick to through their employees under the bus.

People out of their Hollywood, FL office as well as the Chicago, IL office are always either voluntarily leaving or they are firing someone for no apparent reason.

You will not find Rewards Network on any "top companies to work for" list because they treat their employees like trash.

I would not recommend this company to anyone in my professional/personal network.
Fun work enviornment, high turnover.
Contract Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Fun enviornment, ping pong tournaments, group outings
Cons: Unpredictable layoffs and hiring freezes
With a high turnover rate and recent layoffs the employees are somewhat stressed. Management is constantly changing procedures which makes it hard to keep track of whats going on. No strong leadership with the new CEO.

On a positive note the level teamwork is strong, we keep each other afloat in a sea of confusion.
Hard core sales, pounding the pavement, setting appointments and conducting presentations.
Account Executive (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2015
A great team of individuals to work with. Non-stop drive to keep up numbers needed. Never ending cycle... Can burn out quickly but fun to be in the field meeting restaurant owners.
Very unstable
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Do not continue your career here. It's extremely unstable and they do frequent layoffs. They've had 3 CEOs in the past 2 years. High turnover at the leadership level and at all other levels.
Overall a good company
HR Business Partner (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2014
A lot of change - have to be ready for lots of change.

The health benefits were good, and the cost were not that bad.

Because of all of the change - there are a lot of opportunities to learn many things.

If you like a lot of change this is the place for you.
Marketing company is fun but too many changes
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2014
Pros: work and home life is well balanced
Cons: some managers are very immature and abusive
In about 12 months they have gone through 3 different CIO's.
Support staff have come and gone as well. There are a number of immature people acting as managers and their HR department is nothing more than a pawn of the managers.
Overall I enjoy coming into the office everyday and I come with a smile.
CONTRACT OPERATIONS SPECIALIST / SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Chicago IllinoisJuly 14, 2014
Pros: we have lunch and learns once a month.
Cons: wish our pto days was separate from our sick days
A typical work day consists of reading off emails, putting them in order by which is of importance. I learn something new everyday, because when your into sales it's always something new to learn. Management is very helpful when ever I have questions or concerns. My co-workers are excellent, we get along well and we help each other if need be. The hardest part of my job is when I'm not busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is keeping busy, making sure my work is complete and correct.
Great Atmosphere
Brand Assistant (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 11, 2014
Beginning with the company the people are great and everyday you learn something new. Either it financial, accounting or legal wise its something that you can take to your next career jump.
Terrible Experience. Proceed with caution.
Anonymous Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: everything except for the money
I worked for varying competitors over the years and never heard anything good about Rewards Network.... That said, I ended up talking to a Recruiter and needed to make a change. I am not going to lie, the compensation and job descrition were a step-up so I thought I would give it a shot. The interviews were all positive--- I was impressed with the individuals that were interviewing me and since it required at least 4-5 interviews I got the feeling that the organization really went above and beyond to find the right fit. I really thought it was going to be the right move. I made a mistake.... I was impressionable and blinded by the job description and the pay. Long story short, as soon as I started---- even on Day 1, there was issues. People would tip-toe around the office, and if you wanted to challenge the status quo you had to do it in "whispers" I could tell people were scared to lose their jobs and the CEO even stated in the training classroom that they pride themselves for lack of better words cleaning house to reduce costs--- it's part of their on-going business practice. Lay-offs were a routine practice... I wasn't worried about lay-offs, however, because the company was promising growth. Anwyays, the trainer was a complete backstabber--- so worried about her job that she was quick to try and throw others under the bus...And, I mean-- if you didn't break a rule, she would share perceptions/judgements about people and it would get back to the leadership team. The VP of Marketing, terrible ego, and made multiple comments about "Men vs Woman" at the workplace. She actually – more... got some of her people to say that I said things on a confernce call.... And I was never even on that conference call. It was like she had it out for me, from the beggining. Mind you--- I have never had a problem at the workplace and I am not a drama guy---- AT ALL. I show up, I do my job very well.....And what you see is what you get with me. Anyways, 3 weeks into my career my hiring manager left the company and all of sudden I became a target. To this day, I have no idea why these gals had it out for me.... At the end of the day, I chalk it up as the worst career decision I ever made---- however, I did learn a lot from that. I am very-very-very mindful of workplace culture. In fact, I took a role today that pays far less but the culture is a perfect fit. I would just caution you about this company....Lot's of turnover, workplace drama, scared employees, better and more sophistacted competitors, leadership team is two-faced. – less
Extremely Unprofessional!!!!!
Customer care (Former Employee), HollywoodNovember 17, 2013
Pros: points
Cons: extremely unprofessional management
A typical day at work was spent on the phone for hours trying to sell a sinking ship. I learned never to sell myself short and not to put up with the unprofessional condescending and self serving managers. Manager's who's only agenda was to keep a job at any costs, never considering their work force and not realizing that attititude never works in the long run. It's too bad that they are not doing well as there are a few great employees left (the only good part about this place). But as they say you cannot continue hiding your try colors as they will eventually shine through. I suspect the true colors will explode really soon.
Awful, just awful
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2013
Cons: unproven service, bad management
Bad company, bad management, bad experience. They will kill your resume as well because of their horrible reputation in the restaurant industry.
Excellent Company!
Credit Analyst Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2013
Pros: competitve salary, benfits and feeling of worth
Cons: commuting downtown and unreliability of volume
Enjoyed supporting the sales force to market and provide financial assistance to new and exisitng restaurants. Reviewed contracts for marketing and credit. Learned a lot of business bnudgeting and forecasting, as well as executing business strategies. Hardest part of the job was balancing the workload with meetings. Quite a few meetings to attend. Most enjoyable part was building relationships and networking wiht customers.
Sinking Ship
Manager of Program Development (Former Employee), chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2013
The concept is great, but the execution is horrible. Very volatile and unstable environment.
Fun Place if you take care of business
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJuly 19, 2013
Great Company to work for, but I believe the company is not doing so good.
Great place to start a career
Support Center Analyst Tier 1 (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 6, 2013
Pros: working with others from different departments
Cons: not much room for advancement and also compensation is on the low side
Learned how to use and manage McAfee end point encryption when imaging a machine for deployment.
Good Place to Work!
Regional Consultant (Current Employee), Texas, LAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: flexible, great industry
Cons: commission is low
Overall I have had a good experience working for Rewards Network, there just isn't much growth opportunity.
Hard product to sell to mom & pop business in bad economy
Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2013
The dining rewards program was not a huge success in the Dayton market. However I was aimed with plenty of product knowledge & did very well in the Cincinnati market. Our typical day started with leaving from your home office & having 3-5 appointments a day with new prospects while also stopping in on existing clients to see how they liked the product & show them the benefits they were receiving from our program.
The hardest part of the job was getting new clients to buy into the concept that we could actually send them dinners into their restaurant who normally wouldn't dine there.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to show the restaurant owner how much money they had actually made by advertising with IDine & how many more customers we brought them.
Very fun envirronment
Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: they provide free lunches.
My job is the same everyday. I just call different processors and verify the customers are using their credit card machines. I also verify customer banking. I love the people I work around. It's never a dull moment at my job.
Great culture with superb open door policy
Marketing (Current Employee), ChicagoDecember 6, 2012
Pros: free lunches and dining perks. great health benefits.
Cons: compensation doesn't seem to be very competitive.
The culture is laid back, yet corporate at the same time. They have a true open door policy and transparency throughout the company. There was a real effort to cross departmental collaborations and grow pride in the brand. I would definitely recommed anyone working here for an entry level or sales position.
Good Company
Collector (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2012
Pros: many
Cons: 45 min in and out every day
This is a good company in downtown Chicago. I would work for them again.
Headquarters