Rewards Network Employee Reviews

Strong Sales ethich
Member Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 4, 2016
RewardsNetwork rewards their employees financially for their sales efforts. A typical day consists of a performance review from the previous day, discussing the sales strategy and lead allocation. Shortly there after the sales team aggressively begins calling to meet their daily/weekly goal.
Pros
structured sales environment
Cons
poor lead generation system
Is it possible to give them a zero?
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLSeptember 10, 2016
Terrible company with no ethics or true values. Rewards Network is a waste of time, don't even bother!
They abuse their restaurants with false programs that cheat business owners. Rotten business!
Pros
Nothing other than a paycheck
Cons
Too many to mention, look at Glassdoor for detailed information.
Great work/life balance but horrible pay
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2016
great work/life balance, but pay is horrid compare to similar organization. Company culture has changed dramatically for the worst reflecting the kind of companies you run away from. the new changes seems to aim to get rid of tenure rep....I would advise them to go back to what make tenured employees love the companies
Pros
making your own schedule
Cons
poor commission structure
Job description drastically changed from rewards programs to factoring
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2016
The company during my tenure was changing their business from the administration of airline rewards programs to advance factoring i.e. selling money based on future accounts receivable.
The plan was not thought out and entry into the market was initially not successful.
Fun work enviornment, high turnover.
Contract Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2015
With a high turnover rate and recent layoffs the employees are somewhat stressed. Management is constantly changing procedures which makes it hard to keep track of whats going on. No strong leadership with the new CEO.

On a positive note the level teamwork is strong, we keep each other afloat in a sea of confusion.
Pros
Fun enviornment, ping pong tournaments, group outings
Cons
Unpredictable layoffs and hiring freezes
Stay Away From this Organization
Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2015
The turnover rate is extremely high and management/leadership team is horrible. For the company to have been around for 30+ years, you would thing they would have everything together and in order, but they don't.

They do not care about how they treat their employees, they've gone through 2 CEO's within 2 years, and they are quick to through their employees under the bus.

People out of their Hollywood, FL office as well as the Chicago, IL office are always either voluntarily leaving or they are firing someone for no apparent reason.

You will not find Rewards Network on any "top companies to work for" list because they treat their employees like trash.

I would not recommend this company to anyone in my professional/personal network.
Cons
Unstable working environment, management is always under stress
Overall I enjoy coming into the office everyday and I come with a smile.
CONTRACT OPERATIONS SPECIALIST / SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago IllinoisJuly 14, 2014
A typical work day consists of reading off emails, putting them in order by which is of importance. I learn something new everyday, because when your into sales it's always something new to learn. Management is very helpful when ever I have questions or concerns. My co-workers are excellent, we get along well and we help each other if need be. The hardest part of my job is when I'm not busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is keeping busy, making sure my work is complete and correct.
Pros
We have lunch and learns once a month.
Cons
wish our PTO days was separate from our sick days
Excellent Company!
Credit Analyst Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2013
Enjoyed supporting the sales force to market and provide financial assistance to new and exisitng restaurants. Reviewed contracts for marketing and credit. Learned a lot of business bnudgeting and forecasting, as well as executing business strategies. Hardest part of the job was balancing the workload with meetings. Quite a few meetings to attend. Most enjoyable part was building relationships and networking wiht customers.
Pros
Competitve salary, benfits and feeling of worth
Cons
Commuting downtown and unreliability of volume
Extremely Unprofessional!!!!!
Customer care (Former Employee) –  HollywoodNovember 17, 2013
A typical day at work was spent on the phone for hours trying to sell a sinking ship. I learned never to sell myself short and not to put up with the unprofessional condescending and self serving managers. Manager's who's only agenda was to keep a job at any costs, never considering their work force and not realizing that attititude never works in the long run. It's too bad that they are not doing well as there are a few great employees left (the only good part about this place). But as they say you cannot continue hiding your try colors as they will eventually shine through. I suspect the true colors will explode really soon.
Pros
Points
Cons
Extremely unprofessional management
Very political, not a good enviorment for a non corporate minded person.
Marketing and Advertising Sales (Former Employee) –  USJune 5, 2012
While I very much enjoyed the freedoms of VO, you are micro managed by Sales force. Many account decisions are made politically instead of by the rules or what is fair. Management is very unprofessional and did not support me in any of my sales or presentation requests. There is an extremely high turn over here and that is due to lack of proper communication and training from management.
I worked there over 3 years and made very good money but was not happy for the majority of that time. There should be fun involved in your work and enjoyment; that is not found at Rewards Network.

** Note- salary includes commission
Great culture with superb open door policy
Marketing (Current Employee) –  ChicagoDecember 6, 2012
The culture is laid back, yet corporate at the same time. They have a true open door policy and transparency throughout the company. There was a real effort to cross departmental collaborations and grow pride in the brand. I would definitely recommed anyone working here for an entry level or sales position.
Pros
free lunches and dining perks. great health benefits.
Cons
compensation doesn't seem to be very competitive.
Marketing company is fun but too many changes
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2014
In about 12 months they have gone through 3 different CIO's.
Support staff have come and gone as well. There are a number of immature people acting as managers and their HR department is nothing more than a pawn of the managers.
Pros
work and home life is well balanced
Cons
some managers are very immature and abusive
Hard product to sell to mom & pop business in bad economy
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2013
The dining rewards program was not a huge success in the Dayton market. However I was aimed with plenty of product knowledge & did very well in the Cincinnati market. Our typical day started with leaving from your home office & having 3-5 appointments a day with new prospects while also stopping in on existing clients to see how they liked the product & show them the benefits they were receiving from our program.
The hardest part of the job was getting new clients to buy into the concept that we could actually send them dinners into their restaurant who normally wouldn't dine there.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to show the restaurant owner how much money they had actually made by advertising with IDine & how many more customers we brought them.
was a great place, now a horrible place
account executive (Former Employee) –  new york, NYDecember 17, 2013
Investor taking the company private ruined what was once a great place. Their only goal is to pay of the loans, get their money back and get out, and that's ok. Employees realize that ownership and senior management do not care about their workforce and we dont care about them, the opposite of what than it used to be. the goal now for sales is to do the absolute minimum in order to keep your manager from harassing you. But that gets old after a while which is why so many long time employees keep quitting or give up and get fired. There is no plan to make the company more competitive, and there is no fight left in it's workforce.
Pros
work from home, set own schedule, can work part time in order to produce the minimum required results
Cons
mediocrity is the new CEO Club winner. Save your money, no one any good wants to go anyway!
Hard core sales, pounding the pavement, setting appointments and conducting presentations.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2015
A great team of individuals to work with. Non-stop drive to keep up numbers needed. Never ending cycle... Can burn out quickly but fun to be in the field meeting restaurant owners.
Overall a good company
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2014
A lot of change - have to be ready for lots of change.

The health benefits were good, and the cost were not that bad.

Because of all of the change - there are a lot of opportunities to learn many things.

If you like a lot of change this is the place for you.
This is a brand new month
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis INOctober 2, 2012
Sales quotes seem to be different for everyone and different from day to day. You are golden "a bright spot" one month and on a PIP the next. There is no consistency.
Pros
hospitality is a fun field. most of the people you meet are happy.
Cons
the sales process is a bit of smoke and mirrors.
Very fun envirronment
Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2013
My job is the same everyday. I just call different processors and verify the customers are using their credit card machines. I also verify customer banking. I love the people I work around. It's never a dull moment at my job.
Pros
they provide free lunches.
Great place to start a career
Support Center Analyst Tier 1 (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 6, 2013
Learned how to use and manage McAfee end point encryption when imaging a machine for deployment.
Pros
Working with others from different departments
Cons
Not much room for advancement and also compensation is on the low side
Very unstable
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Do not continue your career here. It's extremely unstable and they do frequent layoffs. They've had 3 CEOs in the past 2 years. High turnover at the leadership level and at all other levels.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rewards Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8