Rewards Network

Rewards Network United States Employee Reviews

Very unstable
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Do not continue your career here. It's extremely unstable and they do frequent layoffs. They've had 3 CEOs in the past 2 years. High turnover at the leadership level and at all other levels.
Overall a good company
HR Business Partner (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2014
A lot of change - have to be ready for lots of change.

The health benefits were good, and the cost were not that bad.

Because of all of the change - there are a lot of opportunities to learn many things.

If you like a lot of change this is the place for you.
Marketing company is fun but too many changes
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2014
Pros: work and home life is well balanced
Cons: some managers are very immature and abusive
In about 12 months they have gone through 3 different CIO's.
Support staff have come and gone as well. There are a number of immature people acting as managers and their HR department is nothing more than a pawn of the managers.
Overall I enjoy coming into the office everyday and I come with a smile.
CONTRACT OPERATIONS SPECIALIST / SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Chicago IllinoisJuly 14, 2014
Pros: we have lunch and learns once a month.
Cons: wish our pto days was separate from our sick days
A typical work day consists of reading off emails, putting them in order by which is of importance. I learn something new everyday, because when your into sales it's always something new to learn. Management is very helpful when ever I have questions or concerns. My co-workers are excellent, we get along well and we help each other if need be. The hardest part of my job is when I'm not busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is keeping busy, making sure my work is complete and correct.
Great Atmosphere
Brand Assistant (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 11, 2014
Beginning with the company the people are great and everyday you learn something new. Either it financial, accounting or legal wise its something that you can take to your next career jump.
was a great place, now a horrible place
account executive (Former Employee), new york, NYDecember 17, 2013
Pros: work from home, set own schedule, can work part time in order to produce the minimum required results
Cons: mediocrity is the new ceo club winner. save your money, no one any good wants to go anyway!
Investor taking the company private ruined what was once a great place. Their only goal is to pay of the loans, get their money back and get out, and that's ok. Employees realize that ownership and senior management do not care about their workforce and we dont care about them, the opposite of what than it used to be. the goal now for sales is to do the absolute minimum in order to keep your manager from harassing you. But that gets old after a while which is why so many long time employees keep quitting or give up and get fired. There is no plan to make the company more competitive, and there is no fight left in it's workforce.
Extremely Unprofessional!!!!!
Customer care (Former Employee), HollywoodNovember 17, 2013
Pros: points
Cons: extremely unprofessional management
A typical day at work was spent on the phone for hours trying to sell a sinking ship. I learned never to sell myself short and not to put up with the unprofessional condescending and self serving managers. Manager's who's only agenda was to keep a job at any costs, never considering their work force and not realizing that attititude never works in the long run. It's too bad that they are not doing well as there are a few great employees left (the only good part about this place). But as they say you cannot continue hiding your try colors as they will eventually shine through. I suspect the true colors will explode really soon.
Awful, just awful
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2013
Cons: unproven service, bad management
Bad company, bad management, bad experience. They will kill your resume as well because of their horrible reputation in the restaurant industry.
Excellent Company!
Credit Analyst Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2013
Pros: competitve salary, benfits and feeling of worth
Cons: commuting downtown and unreliability of volume
Enjoyed supporting the sales force to market and provide financial assistance to new and exisitng restaurants. Reviewed contracts for marketing and credit. Learned a lot of business bnudgeting and forecasting, as well as executing business strategies. Hardest part of the job was balancing the workload with meetings. Quite a few meetings to attend. Most enjoyable part was building relationships and networking wiht customers.
Sinking Ship
Manager of Program Development (Former Employee), chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2013
The concept is great, but the execution is horrible. Very volatile and unstable environment.
Fun Place if you take care of business
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJuly 19, 2013
Great Company to work for, but I believe the company is not doing so good.
Great place to start a career
Support Center Analyst Tier 1 (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 6, 2013
Pros: working with others from different departments
Cons: not much room for advancement and also compensation is on the low side
Learned how to use and manage McAfee end point encryption when imaging a machine for deployment.
Good Place to Work!
Regional Consultant (Current Employee), Texas, LAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: flexible, great industry
Cons: commission is low
Overall I have had a good experience working for Rewards Network, there just isn't much growth opportunity.
Hard product to sell to mom & pop business in bad economy
Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2013
The dining rewards program was not a huge success in the Dayton market. However I was aimed with plenty of product knowledge & did very well in the Cincinnati market. Our typical day started with leaving from your home office & having 3-5 appointments a day with new prospects while also stopping in on existing clients to see how they liked the product & show them the benefits they were receiving from our program.
The hardest part of the job was getting new clients to buy into the concept that we could actually send them dinners into their restaurant who normally wouldn't dine there.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to show the restaurant owner how much money they had actually made by advertising with IDine & how many more customers we brought them.
Very fun envirronment
Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: they provide free lunches.
My job is the same everyday. I just call different processors and verify the customers are using their credit card machines. I also verify customer banking. I love the people I work around. It's never a dull moment at my job.
Great culture with superb open door policy
Marketing (Current Employee), ChicagoDecember 6, 2012
Pros: free lunches and dining perks. great health benefits.
Cons: compensation doesn't seem to be very competitive.
The culture is laid back, yet corporate at the same time. They have a true open door policy and transparency throughout the company. There was a real effort to cross departmental collaborations and grow pride in the brand. I would definitely recommed anyone working here for an entry level or sales position.
Good Company
Collector (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2012
Pros: many
Cons: 45 min in and out every day
This is a good company in downtown Chicago. I would work for them again.
This is a brand new month
Account Executive (Current Employee), Indianapolis INOctober 2, 2012
Pros: hospitality is a fun field. most of the people you meet are happy.
Cons: the sales process is a bit of smoke and mirrors.
Sales quotes seem to be different for everyone and different from day to day. You are golden "a bright spot" one month and on a PIP the next. There is no consistency.
Great company to work .
Account Executive (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 2, 2012
I really enjoyed working for Rewards Network, great company to work for.
Very political, not a good enviorment for a non corporate minded person.
Marketing and Advertising Sales (Former Employee), USJune 5, 2012
While I very much enjoyed the freedoms of VO, you are micro managed by Sales force. Many account decisions are made politically instead of by the rules or what is fair. Management is very unprofessional and did not support me in any of my sales or presentation requests. There is an extremely high turn over here and that is due to lack of proper communication and training from management.
I worked there over 3 years and made very good money but was not happy for the majority of that time. There should be fun involved in your work and enjoyment; that is not found at Rewards Network.

** Note- salary includes commission

About Rewards Network

For over 30 years, Rewards Network has helped restaurants increase their revenue, traffic, and customer engagement through our – Read more

Rewards Network Salaries