Rewards Network

Rewards Network Employer Reviews

Overall I enjoy coming into the office everyday and I come with a smile.
CONTRACT OPERATIONS SPECIALIST / SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Chicago IllinoisJuly 14, 2014
Pros: we have lunch and learns once a month.
Cons: wish our pto days was separate from our sick days
A typical work day consists of reading off emails, putting them in order by which is of importance. I learn something new everyday, because when your into sales it's always something new to learn. Management is very helpful when ever I have questions or concerns. My co-workers are excellent, we get along well and we help each other if need be. The hardest – more... part of my job is when I'm not busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is keeping busy, making sure my work is complete and correct. – less
Great Atmosphere
Brand Assistant (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 11, 2014
Beginning with the company the people are great and everyday you learn something new. Either it financial, accounting or legal wise its something that you can take to your next career jump.
Terrible Experience. Proceed with caution.
Anonymous Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: everything except for the money
I worked for varying competitors over the years and never heard anything good about Rewards Network.... That said, I ended up talking to a Recruiter and needed to make a change. I am not going to lie, the compensation and job descrition were a step-up so I thought I would give it a shot. The interviews were all positive--- I was impressed with the individuals – more... that were interviewing me and since it required at least 4-5 interviews I got the feeling that the organization really went above and beyond to find the right fit. I really thought it was going to be the right move. I made a mistake.... I was impressionable and blinded by the job description and the pay. Long story short, as soon as I started---- even on Day 1, there was issues. People would tip-toe around the office, and if you wanted to challenge the status quo you had to do it in "whispers" I could tell people were scared to lose their jobs and the CEO even stated in the training classroom that they pride themselves for lack of better words cleaning house to reduce costs--- it's part of their on-going business practice. Lay-offs were a routine practice... I wasn't worried about lay-offs, however, because the company was promising growth. Anwyays, the trainer was a complete backstabber--- so worried about her job that she was quick to try and throw others under the bus...And, I mean-- if you didn't break a rule, she would share perceptions/judgements about people and it would get back to the leadership team. The VP of Marketing, terrible ego, and made multiple comments about "Men vs Woman" at the workplace. She actually got some of her people to say that I said things on a confernce call.... And I was never even on that conference call. It was like she had it out for me, from the beggining. Mind you--- I have never had a problem at the workplace and I am not a drama guy---- AT ALL. I show up, I do my job very well.....And what you see is what you get with me. Anyways, 3 weeks into my career my hiring manager left the company and all of sudden I became a target. To this day, I have no idea why these gals had it out for me.... At the end of the day, I chalk it up as the worst career decision I ever made---- however, I did learn a lot from that. I am very-very-very mindful of workplace culture. In fact, I took a role today that pays far less but the culture is a perfect fit. I would just caution you about this company....Lot's of turnover, workplace drama, scared employees, better and more sophistacted competitors, leadership team is two-faced. – less
was a great place, now a horrible place
account executive (Former Employee), new york, NYDecember 17, 2013
Pros: work from home, set own schedule, can work part time in order to produce the minimum required results
Cons: mediocrity is the new ceo club winner. save your money, no one any good wants to go anyway!
Investor taking the company private ruined what was once a great place. Their only goal is to pay of the loans, get their money back and get out, and that's ok. Employees realize that ownership and senior management do not care about their workforce and we dont care about them, the opposite of what than it used to be. the goal now for sales is to do – more... the absolute minimum in order to keep your manager from harassing you. But that gets old after a while which is why so many long time employees keep quitting or give up and get fired. There is no plan to make the company more competitive, and there is no fight left in it's workforce. – less
Awful, just awful
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2013
Cons: unproven service, bad management
Bad company, bad management, bad experience. They will kill your resume as well because of their horrible reputation in the restaurant industry.
Excellent Company!
Credit Analyst Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2013
Pros: competitve salary, benfits and feeling of worth
Cons: commuting downtown and unreliability of volume
Enjoyed supporting the sales force to market and provide financial assistance to new and exisitng restaurants. Reviewed contracts for marketing and credit. Learned a lot of business bnudgeting and forecasting, as well as executing business strategies. Hardest part of the job was balancing the workload with meetings. Quite a few meetings to attend. Most – more... enjoyable part was building relationships and networking wiht customers. – less
Sinking Ship
Manager of Program Development (Former Employee), chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2013
The concept is great, but the execution is horrible. Very volatile and unstable environment.
Fun Place if you take care of business
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJuly 19, 2013
Great Company to work for, but I believe the company is not doing so good.
Great place to start a career
Support Center Analyst Tier 1 (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 6, 2013
Pros: working with others from different departments
Cons: not much room for advancement and also compensation is on the low side
Learned how to use and manage McAfee end point encryption when imaging a machine for deployment.
Good Place to Work!
Regional Consultant (Current Employee), Texas, LAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: flexible, great industry
Cons: commission is low
Overall I have had a good experience working for Rewards Network, there just isn't much growth opportunity.
Hard product to sell to mom & pop business in bad economy
Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2013
The dining rewards program was not a huge success in the Dayton market. However I was aimed with plenty of product knowledge & did very well in the Cincinnati market. Our typical day started with leaving from your home office & having 3-5 appointments a day with new prospects while also stopping in on existing clients to see how they liked the product – more... & show them the benefits they were receiving from our program.
The hardest part of the job was getting new clients to buy into the concept that we could actually send them dinners into their restaurant who normally wouldn't dine there.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to show the restaurant owner how much money they had actually made by advertising with IDine & how many more customers we brought them. – less
Very fun envirronment
Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: they provide free lunches.
My job is the same everyday. I just call different processors and verify the customers are using their credit card machines. I also verify customer banking. I love the people I work around. It's never a dull moment at my job.
Great culture with superb open door policy
Marketing (Current Employee), ChicagoDecember 6, 2012
Pros: free lunches and dining perks. great health benefits.
Cons: compensation doesn't seem to be very competitive.
The culture is laid back, yet corporate at the same time. They have a true open door policy and transparency throughout the company. There was a real effort to cross departmental collaborations and grow pride in the brand. I would definitely recommed anyone working here for an entry level or sales position.
Good Company
Collector (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2012
Pros: many
Cons: 45 min in and out every day
This is a good company in downtown Chicago. I would work for them again.
This is a brand new month
Account Executive (Current Employee), Indianapolis INOctober 2, 2012
Pros: hospitality is a fun field. most of the people you meet are happy.
Cons: the sales process is a bit of smoke and mirrors.
Sales quotes seem to be different for everyone and different from day to day. You are golden "a bright spot" one month and on a PIP the next. There is no consistency.
Great company to work .
Account Executive (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 2, 2012
I really enjoyed working for Rewards Network, great company to work for.
Very political, not a good enviorment for a non corporate minded person.
Marketing and Advertising Sales (Former Employee), USJune 5, 2012
While I very much enjoyed the freedoms of VO, you are micro managed by Sales force. Many account decisions are made politically instead of by the rules or what is fair. Management is very unprofessional and did not support me in any of my sales or presentation requests. There is an extremely high turn over here and that is due to lack of proper communication – more... and training from management.
I worked there over 3 years and made very good money but was not happy for the majority of that time. There should be fun involved in your work and enjoyment; that is not found at Rewards Network.

** Note- salary includes commission – less
Great company going through tremendous transition as they are taken private
Region Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2012
Successful team builder and motivator. Driven to succeed.
used to be a great place to work
Houston (Former Employee), Account ExecutiveNovember 8, 2011
Pros: free food
Cons: no more free food
They used to have monies that were given to the reps to dine out. The money you made was up to you and how good of a salesperson you were. Overall it was a fun place to work.

About Rewards Network

Meet Rewards Network® Headquartered in Chicago, Rewards Network® is a company with an appetite for big ideas. We power – Read more

Rewards Network Photos