Rewards Network Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 12, 2017
typical day:
- work from my desk,
- prepare for the day in the field,
-pull customer trend reports and analytics,
-visit current clients
-review the accounts, update Salesforce with daily activity,
-keep my budget and monthly goals in mind when setting appointments
-make sure I am hitting all company metrics they want an AM to hit.

I have learned about the restaurant industry from the inside out. Different sales techniques and most importantly retention techniques. I have also added valuable customer service practices.

workplace culture: absolutely adore my direct coworkers and the AE's I work with. Overall moral is high and it is a wonderful experience working with people who have been in this industry for years.

hardest part of the job: I would say the hardest part has been with keeping retention high. Mostly because the economy in California is in a weird place and i have restaurant closures on a weekly basis now. It is hard to see a merchant close their doors.

most enjoyable part of the job: I love meeting with merchants that understand the vast marketing we provide on a pay by performance program and value what RN does for them and brings to the table. I truly love helping the merchants.
Pros
flexible scheduling, positive encouragement, learning modules
Cons
extreme amount of driving, food stipend taken away, compensation restructure
Okay
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60606July 3, 2017
Pay attention, they will not do right by you if you do not do what they say. I have a friend who wanted to be done right by them and was not and now left in the wind.
poor organization
Sales / Client Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 2, 2017
Poor training , poor organization, products offered not conducive for success. This is a company that is not designed for long term field personnel . Cannot recommend.
Pros
worked away from coporate
Cons
poor organization
Good place to work but...
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 20, 2017
A well received marketing product, but there is a lot of competition for the one part that makes you the sales rep a lot of money. Best not to be placed in mid size markets. Best in Large Metropolitan areas. Culture of the company is good and open. They listen to any idea you might have.
Pros
decent benefits.
Cons
Some items you sell are not competitive at all.
Nice place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2017
Overall I had a good experience working here. Nice people, good managers overall, a CEO who really cares about staff members and the business. I had a good manager and a good team. Corporate office in downtown Chicago is really nice and a good location. They get a lot of negative reviews on Glassdoor and I could not figure out why. I only left because I moved to another city.
Pros
Good people, decent time off
Cons
Pay was on the lower side for many positionos
would love to come back and work there again
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Your supervisors are extremely supportive. they are always encouraging. a typical day would be making calls around the country and setting appointments for Account Executives with a daily goal set in order to make the monthly quota. supervisors are always there to make sure you succeed and exceed expectations that you set yourself and those that have been set for you.
Management is deaf to remote employees
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 8, 2017
management in home office are unwilling to support remote employees. The sales manager was horrible. Unprofessional, racist, and unskilled at actual sales. This behavior was reported to management by several employees in the territory and they did nothing; hence the ridiculous amount of turnover.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Disconnected and ineffectual management. Poor expense reimbursement
Shady Management
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2017
Constant changes from C-Level down
Management inappropriate in terms of harassment
Lots of backstabbing at the C-Level
Pros
day to day job duties were fun and flexible
Cons
Management and C-Level, Compensation
Good compensation and coworkers/bad management
Contract Operations SPECIALIST/Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
The company itself is nice. The work is rewarding, my cowokers were excellent and the compensation was good. The management was atrocious.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Nightmare mangement
Is it possible to give them a zero?
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLSeptember 10, 2016
Terrible company with no ethics or true values. Rewards Network is a waste of time, don't even bother!
They abuse their restaurants with false programs that cheat business owners. Rotten business!
Pros
Nothing other than a paycheck
Cons
Too many to mention, look at Glassdoor for detailed information.
Strong Sales ethich
Member Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 4, 2016
RewardsNetwork rewards their employees financially for their sales efforts. A typical day consists of a performance review from the previous day, discussing the sales strategy and lead allocation. Shortly there after the sales team aggressively begins calling to meet their daily/weekly goal.
Pros
structured sales environment
Cons
poor lead generation system
Job description drastically changed from rewards programs to factoring
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2016
The company during my tenure was changing their business from the administration of airline rewards programs to advance factoring i.e. selling money based on future accounts receivable.
The plan was not thought out and entry into the market was initially not successful.
Great work/life balance but horrible pay
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2016
great work/life balance, but pay is horrid compare to similar organization. Company culture has changed dramatically for the worst reflecting the kind of companies you run away from. the new changes seems to aim to get rid of tenure rep....I would advise them to go back to what make tenured employees love the companies
Pros
making your own schedule
Cons
poor commission structure
Stay Away From this Organization
Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2015
The turnover rate is extremely high and management/leadership team is horrible. For the company to have been around for 30+ years, you would thing they would have everything together and in order, but they don't.

They do not care about how they treat their employees, they've gone through 2 CEO's within 2 years, and they are quick to through their employees under the bus.

People out of their Hollywood, FL office as well as the Chicago, IL office are always either voluntarily leaving or they are firing someone for no apparent reason.

You will not find Rewards Network on any "top companies to work for" list because they treat their employees like trash.

I would not recommend this company to anyone in my professional/personal network.
Cons
Unstable working environment, management is always under stress
Fun work enviornment, high turnover.
Contract Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2015
With a high turnover rate and recent layoffs the employees are somewhat stressed. Management is constantly changing procedures which makes it hard to keep track of whats going on. No strong leadership with the new CEO.

On a positive note the level teamwork is strong, we keep each other afloat in a sea of confusion.
Pros
Fun enviornment, ping pong tournaments, group outings
Cons
Unpredictable layoffs and hiring freezes
Hard core sales, pounding the pavement, setting appointments and conducting presentations.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2015
A great team of individuals to work with. Non-stop drive to keep up numbers needed. Never ending cycle... Can burn out quickly but fun to be in the field meeting restaurant owners.
Very unstable
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Do not continue your career here. It's extremely unstable and they do frequent layoffs. They've had 3 CEOs in the past 2 years. High turnover at the leadership level and at all other levels.
Overall a good company
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2014
A lot of change - have to be ready for lots of change.

The health benefits were good, and the cost were not that bad.

Because of all of the change - there are a lot of opportunities to learn many things.

If you like a lot of change this is the place for you.
Marketing company is fun but too many changes
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2014
In about 12 months they have gone through 3 different CIO's.
Support staff have come and gone as well. There are a number of immature people acting as managers and their HR department is nothing more than a pawn of the managers.
Pros
work and home life is well balanced
Cons
some managers are very immature and abusive
Overall I enjoy coming into the office everyday and I come with a smile.
CONTRACT OPERATIONS SPECIALIST / SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago IllinoisJuly 14, 2014
A typical work day consists of reading off emails, putting them in order by which is of importance. I learn something new everyday, because when your into sales it's always something new to learn. Management is very helpful when ever I have questions or concerns. My co-workers are excellent, we get along well and we help each other if need be. The hardest part of my job is when I'm not busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is keeping busy, making sure my work is complete and correct.
Pros
We have lunch and learns once a month.
Cons
wish our PTO days was separate from our sick days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rewards Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9