Rex Healthcare

Rex Healthcare Employer Reviews

Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Lab Assistant/Microbiology (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 18, 2014
Productive and enjoyable workplace. I looked forward to seeing my co-workers and learning new things daily. I learned how to work on a team made up of many different personalities. Management could use more training in the area of communication and management skills.
Very busy and productive
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 3, 2014
Pros: stabile
Cons: pay not enough for type of work
Hospital environment that is very busy all the time. Nice place to work at but pay is not enough for the amount of work that is done everyday
Great Company
Practice Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 16, 2014
Large company, but very family friendly! Couldn't ask for better!
Everyday is an adventure
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Raleigh, North CarolinaFebruary 16, 2014
Everyday walking into work is a new adventure considering the patient population varies so much. My co-workers are hardworking and team players and are always there when you need them. The hardest part of the job is some of the realizing not everyone is going to go home, the most enjoyable part about the job is helping people.
The best hospital to work in the triad
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2013
Pros: yearly bonus; good salary; good health benefits
I am so impressed with the level of customer service here at Rex. The nurses truly care about their patient's and you will receive excellent service. There really is an atmosphere of caring and compassion. I work with some of the best technician's I have ever seen. (I've been in the field for 20 years and worked at 4 other pharmacies) I would definitely – more... recommend Rex to anyone looking for a good place to work. – less
Excellent place to work. Love flexibility of my job hours. i usually work very early in the a.m.
Medical Language Specialist/Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 6, 2013
Pros: yearly bonuses based on previous year's revenue.
Cons: job availability becoming limited due to epic implementation
I have worked here for 6+ years. My job as transcriptionist will be no longer needed when EPIC is implemented in early 2014. Great place with great benefits and a place that cares about its employees. This hospital has won many rewards mostly driven by employee and patient satisfaction.
Excellent place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 20, 2013
Pros: food discount
Must be on time and be ready to provide excellent patient care!
employee (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great pay
Rex was a great hospital for employees and for patients. Management cared about the employees and benefits were great considering the current economic situation. Hardest part of job was the commute in Raleigh traffic which really has nothing to do with the actual job.
Self-scheduling with no shift rotation.Excellent benefits.
Staff RN (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2013
Pros: self-scheduling, modified full-time position, weekend differential is excellent.
Cons: required on calls
Very family-centered unit.Close relationship with physicians,manager,educators.Unit is relatively small and has advanced level of care recently to Level 4 NICU.
All RN.staff are cross-trained to a secondary area that provides similar care for patients.
Overall it is a great environment and also people friendly,
Perinatal Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 6, 2013
Pros: a big happy family is how they treat you. they really care about their workers.
Cons: i would have to say the twelve hours overnight was a con.
I love Rex as a company. I worked 7pm- 7am. I would have loved to work day shift, but with shift differential you noticed a big difference in your check. All my patients loved me and at this very point I am eligible for rehire. A typical day at work requires you being there for all your patient needs. The most enjoyable part was putting a smile on my – more... patient's face. I think the hardest thing was seeing some of my patient's trying to recover from surgery and a few that crossed over to meet our Creator. – less
Productive. Enjoyed the people
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Raliegh, NCJuly 23, 2013
Pros: being invovled with surgery
Cons: no cons
Dealing with doctors one on one. Learned something new every day. Management was great and new how to listen to employees. Co-workers were great. Loved everything about it
Good working environment, helpful co-workers, free classes
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2013
Pros: free classes
Cons: i liked it all
Typical day was making bed, tending to patient needs, setting up IV bags for nurses to administer, apply heart monitors, urine cauterization patients, patient aftercare from heart cauterization, updated patient charts and charted heart monitors.
I learned how do more than just make beds and take temperatures.
Co-workers were mixed personalities; some – more... good to work with others were difficult to work with but I chocked it up to the work we did.
The hardest part was lifting patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job what learning and the free extra classes. – less
good company to work for
CNA (Former Employee), Raleigh,NCMay 3, 2013
had a great time working here the benefits were great wish I could go back to Rex
NICE PLACE TO WORK.
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), RALEIGH, NCApril 20, 2013
VERY REPUTABLE HOSPITAL. WAS PROUD TO SAY I WORKED THERE. TOO MANY CHANGES IN MANAGEMENT SINCE BEING THERE.
nice place t work
Medical Record Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 17, 2013
Great benefits and coworkers are great people, enjoyed working with patients.
Best Place to work!!
Non-clinical position (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 11, 2013
Pros: the people, the pay, the benefits.
Rex is such a fantastic place to work for many reasons. The senior leaders really care so much about co-worker satisfaction and it shows. They get that it is directly related to the quality of work and care that we give. I've worked at lots of different places in lots of other cities as well - never before I have worked somewhere where the co-workers – more... were as happy, satisfied and invested in what they are doing every day. Certainly there are things that everybody can complain about from time to time - there's no perfect work environment 100% of the time. But for the most part, it is a fantastic place to work with fantastic people. – less
Great co-workers; managment lacking
Support Staff (Former Employee), Raleigh-main campusFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: great patients and co-workers
Cons: management lack direction
Inconsistent adherance of HR policies; management plays favorites; scheduling of staff chaotic.
Midlevel managers use fear based tactics/intimidation to achieve goals, withhold positive feedback/praise; very punitive environment; department clinical staff lack motivation and career ladder/plan for professional growth.
Negitive vibe
Respiratory interveiw (Former Employee), RespiratoryOctober 26, 2012
Pros: its in raleigh
Cons: the whole atmosphere
I interviewed at this place and the 1st thing that struck out at me was the negative energy the place gave off. Then as I looked at the staff, most didn't seem too pleased to work there, but this is my perception. the lady who interviewed me looked over worked, under appreciated, and tired...I m glad I was able to dodge that bullet. THANKS REX!!
Productive and fun workplace
EVS Tech (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: days off
Cons: short lunch breaks
It's the best job i've ever had what i miss is the People they made you feel like you belong There.
productive and fun place to work
Surgical Tech (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 27, 2012
Love and enjoy everything about being a scrub tech. It is a very fast paced and team oriented work place.

About Rex Healthcare

Rex is a king of health care in Raleigh. Part of the  UNC HealthCare System, Rex Healthcare is a not-for-profit health care provider – Read more