Rex Healthcare Employee Reviews

Cardiac Step Down Unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2015
Great teamwork, managers are always available.
Very busy floor with great patient interaction and care providers who are easy to reach
Very engaging. Requires the ability to think critically and a charismatic nature. There is never a dull moment!
Program Development, Heart & Vascular (Current Employee), Raleigh NCAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for creativity and autonomy
Cons: Lean administration
On a daily basis I interact with various facilities and departments across the UNC network. I encounter a variety of personalities from sickly patients to esteemed physicians. My daily activities afford me the opportunity to work collaboratively with highly competent healthcare professionals, support staff and administration.
Very nice place to work..
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 25, 2015
This is an excellent place to work with great pay and pretty good benefits. The people are great to work with and they take care of their people..
Poor Management and HR
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), RaleighMay 28, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Poor Management, Poor HR Reps
Would not recommend anyone to work here. Benefits are horrible. No advancement. Does not support employees that have issues that are serious.
Interesting workplace with dedicated employees taking care of mostly senior patients in an office setting
Rex Senior Health Center Office RN (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, caring Doctor, free lunch once a week most times
Cons: Unable to have office closed for employee to enjoy lunchtime.
A typical day at work includes preparing rooms for the patients with appointments; reviewing the schedule for the day to get a feel of the workflow, Triaging patients as they arrive and preparing them for the Doctor to see; answering phone calls and returning phone calls;; completing paperwork such as for diabetic supplies, FL2 forms, medication refills,and DMV forms. I have learned how to draw blood from patients and to carry out any type of referrals. My coworkers are awesome. We get along very well. We actually complement each other. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with all the duties expected in a day while taking care of the patients. Also having interruptions with walk in patients as the facility is not a walk in clinic. The most enjoyable part of my job is delighting the patients and see that the patients are pleased with what I do for them. Immediate management is very helpful to the employees and step in when there is a need to assist.
Rex: An Excellent Place to Work!
Palliative Care Counselor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 14, 2015
Pros: I was able to work part time.
Cons: I did not get benefits working part time.
I worked at Rex Healthcare for 4 years. I found the environment to be an excellent place to work, found wonderful staff and found the culture and environment to be a positive place to work.

The best thing was working in a multi-disciplinary environment, working with patients, the Dr's and the nurses.
Wonderful place to work with mangement who believes in you and wants you to succeed.
Surgical Scheduler (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 8, 2015
I interacted with patients, families and physicians on a daily basis. Making sure the schedule stays on time. I enjoyed working here because I learned so much about the operating room procedures and standards. Co-workers and management are very supportive and work very well together to reach the common goal of providing outstanding patient care.
Understaffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 24, 2015
A typical work day is usually busy, and staff is very knowledgeable. I have learned a great deal and see something different everyday. However, more often than not you work understaffed and the nurses are disinterested, equipment is lacking and worker requests and suggestions go unheard.
Great Place to Work
Coding Resource/Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Cary, NCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: advancement opportunities are slim for administrative roles
Rex is a great organization with a caring, professional atmosphere. Working in the express cares offer 3 day shifts, a relaxed working environment and an EMR that's user friendly.
Nurse Assistant I (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 3, 2014
Cons: compensation
Love the hours. Friendly and supportive staff. Getting to make your own schedule was definately a plus.
The best place to work in Raleigh!
Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 28, 2014
An excellent place to work with an amazing team of professionals who always provide the utmost compassion and care.
Second shift was the best shift
Document Imaging Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: second shift people, knowing what the goals were and achieving them
Cons: not always having a team lead and having too many interruptions
I would come in knowing what my job duties were. I would get the charts to prepare for prepping, scanning and indexing. As the time wore on, all of second shift would talk and work. This was the best time because we were able to work as a team, solve problems and support each other whether professionally or personally. It also helped that it was a comedic relief to a long evening/night.
Ok place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 1, 2014
Rex is nothing special, it's probably your average community hospital. It was an acceptable job for me because it was close to home and made childcare/family life easier, but not someplace to stay if you have degrees and are looking for a forward moving career. UNC is taking over more high level decisions, which is probably a good thing. UNC and Duke are better choices for career minded healthcare professionals looking to work in a hospital setting, especially for non-clinical positions.
Stay away from the Cancer Center, it's a disorganized mess with inexperienced, non-functional management. You're not going to find the best and the brightest here. I would probably also avoid it as a patient.
Nursing staff has us dues with back stabbing
RN (Former Employee), Maternal Child UnitJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria open for night shift...nice facility
Cons: under staffed. .nurse patient ratios to high
Facility very nice most of nursing staff on mat/child very nice however, to many patients assigned to one nurse with very high expectations of providing excellent pt care..unrealistic at times..staff also had bad habit of undermining coworkers by constantly running to Manager s over every little concern versus handling situation s themselves. .very juvenile.!...Did not even come close to following AWHONN..guidelines for nurse patient ratios.
A great place to work that values employees opinions and gives opportunity for advancement.
Staff RN (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2014
Cons: constantly busy so much so that lunch and breaks are not guarenteed, caring for hospital patients can be very stressful, night shift is difficult and interferes with family life
Rex is a positive place to work. Teamwork is a standard that is expected and done. Managment values the opinions of employees and there is a large drive from management and staff to make Rex a better hospital. Benefits are competitive to other major hospitals. As in any nursing job helping patients is a joy and made easier at Rex due to the positive and progessive envionment.
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Lab Assistant/Microbiology (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 18, 2014
Productive and enjoyable workplace. I looked forward to seeing my co-workers and learning new things daily. I learned how to work on a team made up of many different personalities. Management could use more training in the area of communication and management skills.
Very busy and productive
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 3, 2014
Pros: stabile
Cons: pay not enough for type of work
Hospital environment that is very busy all the time. Nice place to work at but pay is not enough for the amount of work that is done everyday
Great Company
Practice Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 16, 2014
Large company, but very family friendly! Couldn't ask for better!
Everyday is an adventure
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Raleigh, North CarolinaFebruary 16, 2014
Everyday walking into work is a new adventure considering the patient population varies so much. My co-workers are hardworking and team players and are always there when you need them. The hardest part of the job is some of the realizing not everyone is going to go home, the most enjoyable part about the job is helping people.
The best hospital to work in the triad
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2013
Pros: yearly bonus; good salary; good health benefits
I am so impressed with the level of customer service here at Rex. The nurses truly care about their patient's and you will receive excellent service. There really is an atmosphere of caring and compassion. I work with some of the best technician's I have ever seen. (I've been in the field for 20 years and worked at 4 other pharmacies) I would definitely recommend Rex to anyone looking for a good place to work.