Rex Healthcare Employee Reviews

Giving back
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 31, 2016
I worked out in the community at different venues and events to give medical attention to patrons attending. Depending on the type of event we were working and the location would decide if we were using BLS or ACLS protocols. I had a great team of Paramedics and firefighters that I worked with and the camaraderie was the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job was moving patients in a coliseum up a flight of stairs on a backboard. My manager was great and did his best to assure that all events were staffed.
demanding quota, clean work environment
medical records quality assurance (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2016
Comprised mainly of females, no social interaction among co-workers, low pay, costly benefits. Close to home is it's only advantage.
Pros
close to home
Cons
see above
greate place to work
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 18, 2016
Rex is a great place to work. I earn 6 weeks per year vacation.
good benefits and close to my home.
however, I would love to live closer to my family, they live in Warrenton VA.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
nothing
Working with special needs children is an enjoyment within itself
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2016
I was a Teacher's Assistant for most of the school year with Severe and Profound Handicap children. that was my first experience with special needs children and I learned a lot and was glad that I was able to be a part of it.
Pros
Being able to assist them in their daily work.
Cons
Not knowing if the work we did was going to have a lasting impact.
Excellent place to work. Family atmosphere. Community centered.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 21, 2016
Team focused with an emphasis on learning and growth. Great people who always put the patient first in care and safety. Managers and staff do go the extra mile to ensure the patient gets an exceptional quality of care.
Pros
Great learning environment, great nurses and techs
Cons
None, honestly none. If I were to move back to NC I would reapply there. Loved working there.
times are changing
RN (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 2, 2015
Rex was a great place to work, but over time, things always change. The care and caregivers seems to lack more of the personal touch that it had in the past. This might be to so many new rules and changes in the system and constant changes in the staff. The physicians are excellent. I think in time it will get back to the high caliber care it used to have when some of the changes have been implemented and given more time to adapt.
Very engaging. Requires the ability to think critically and a charismatic nature. There is never a dull moment!
Program Development, Heart & Vascular (Current Employee) –  Raleigh NCAugust 6, 2015
On a daily basis I interact with various facilities and departments across the UNC network. I encounter a variety of personalities from sickly patients to esteemed physicians. My daily activities afford me the opportunity to work collaboratively with highly competent healthcare professionals, support staff and administration.
Pros
Opportunity for creativity and autonomy
Cons
Lean administration
Need new manager
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  KnightdaleOctober 1, 2015
Rex Express Care Is not a good place to work. The manager is very unprofessional and doesn't have good management skills. A lot of favoritism is shown and alot of back stabbing. They doctors are very nice. The management is horrible and depends a lot if staff to get things done.
Pros
Pay
Cons
excellent place to work, however, no room for advancement
ER Tech / Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 26, 2015
On a typical day would be multiple EMS patients and lobby full of patients. Working for several ER physicians and we must be Team-players; a very stressful job and must work well under pressure as well as multi-tasking.
Wonderful place to work with mangement who believes in you and wants you to succeed.
Surgical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 8, 2015
I interacted with patients, families and physicians on a daily basis. Making sure the schedule stays on time. I enjoyed working here because I learned so much about the operating room procedures and standards. Co-workers and management are very supportive and work very well together to reach the common goal of providing outstanding patient care.
Rex: An Excellent Place to Work!
Palliative Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 14, 2015
I worked at Rex Healthcare for 4 years. I found the environment to be an excellent place to work, found wonderful staff and found the culture and environment to be a positive place to work.

The best thing was working in a multi-disciplinary environment, working with patients, the Dr's and the nurses.
Pros
I was able to work part time.
Cons
I did not get benefits working part time.
Second shift was the best shift
Document Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 2, 2014
I would come in knowing what my job duties were. I would get the charts to prepare for prepping, scanning and indexing. As the time wore on, all of second shift would talk and work. This was the best time because we were able to work as a team, solve problems and support each other whether professionally or personally. It also helped that it was a comedic relief to a long evening/night.
Pros
Second shift people, knowing what the goals were and achieving them
Cons
Not always having a team lead and having too many interruptions
Ok place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 1, 2014
Rex is nothing special, it's probably your average community hospital. It was an acceptable job for me because it was close to home and made childcare/family life easier, but not someplace to stay if you have degrees and are looking for a forward moving career. UNC is taking over more high level decisions, which is probably a good thing. UNC and Duke are better choices for career minded healthcare professionals looking to work in a hospital setting, especially for non-clinical positions.
Stay away from the Cancer Center, it's a disorganized mess with inexperienced, non-functional management. You're not going to find the best and the brightest here. I would probably also avoid it as a patient.
Nursing staff has us dues with back stabbing
RN (Former Employee) –  Maternal Child UnitJuly 17, 2014
Facility very nice most of nursing staff on mat/child very nice however, to many patients assigned to one nurse with very high expectations of providing excellent pt care..unrealistic at times..staff also had bad habit of undermining coworkers by constantly running to Manager s over every little concern versus handling situation s themselves. .very juvenile.!...Did not even come close to following AWHONN..guidelines for nurse patient ratios.
Pros
Great cafeteria open for night shift...Nice facility
Cons
Under staffed. .nurse patient ratios to high
A great place to work that values employees opinions and gives opportunity for advancement.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2014
Rex is a positive place to work. Teamwork is a standard that is expected and done. Managment values the opinions of employees and there is a large drive from management and staff to make Rex a better hospital. Benefits are competitive to other major hospitals. As in any nursing job helping patients is a joy and made easier at Rex due to the positive and progessive envionment.
Cons
Constantly busy so much so that lunch and breaks are not guarenteed, caring for hospital patients can be very stressful, Night shift is difficult and interferes with family life
Best Place to work!!
Non-clinical position (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 11, 2013
Rex is such a fantastic place to work for many reasons. The senior leaders really care so much about co-worker satisfaction and it shows. They get that it is directly related to the quality of work and care that we give. I've worked at lots of different places in lots of other cities as well - never before I have worked somewhere where the co-workers were as happy, satisfied and invested in what they are doing every day. Certainly there are things that everybody can complain about from time to time - there's no perfect work environment 100% of the time. But for the most part, it is a fantastic place to work with fantastic people.
Pros
the people, the pay, the benefits.
Good working environment, helpful co-workers, free classes
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2013
Typical day was making bed, tending to patient needs, setting up IV bags for nurses to administer, apply heart monitors, urine cauterization patients, patient aftercare from heart cauterization, updated patient charts and charted heart monitors.
I learned how do more than just make beds and take temperatures.
Co-workers were mixed personalities; some good to work with others were difficult to work with but I chocked it up to the work we did.
The hardest part was lifting patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job what learning and the free extra classes.
Pros
free classes
Cons
I liked it all
Overall it is a great environment and also people friendly,
Perinatal Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 6, 2013
I love Rex as a company. I worked 7pm- 7am. I would have loved to work day shift, but with shift differential you noticed a big difference in your check. All my patients loved me and at this very point I am eligible for rehire. A typical day at work requires you being there for all your patient needs. The most enjoyable part was putting a smile on my patient's face. I think the hardest thing was seeing some of my patient's trying to recover from surgery and a few that crossed over to meet our Creator.
Pros
A big happy family is how they treat you. They really care about their workers.
Cons
I would have to say the twelve hours overnight was a con.
The best hospital to work in the triad
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2013
I am so impressed with the level of customer service here at Rex. The nurses truly care about their patient's and you will receive excellent service. There really is an atmosphere of caring and compassion. I work with some of the best technician's I have ever seen. (I've been in the field for 20 years and worked at 4 other pharmacies) I would definitely recommend Rex to anyone looking for a good place to work.
Pros
Yearly bonus; good salary; good health benefits
Cons
Excellent place to work. Love flexibility of my job hours. i usually work very early in the a.m.
Medical Language Specialist/Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 6, 2013
I have worked here for 6+ years. My job as transcriptionist will be no longer needed when EPIC is implemented in early 2014. Great place with great benefits and a place that cares about its employees. This hospital has won many rewards mostly driven by employee and patient satisfaction.
Pros
Yearly bonuses based on previous year's revenue.
Cons
Job availability becoming limited due to EPIC implementation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rex Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Rex Healthcare Reviews by Location