Rexam Employee Reviews

great work place
Machine Operator/Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJuly 7, 2017
i didnt work here for long but the time that i was there was ok. their facilities are very clean and they definitely emphasize on product quality. the only con was the work schedule
Fast Paced
MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse, OHMarch 26, 2017
Fun place to work. Fast paced and always moving. Management is easy to work with. Manufacturing facility so there is always drama. Some good people, some not so good.
A fun work place to work
Motech (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARFebruary 9, 2017
It was a good experience for me lot to learn can grow in the company quick. The management was fun learned a lots from them. Benefits was excellent.
Pros
As much overtime you wants
Great Place and People Plenty of OT
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85043January 28, 2017
One of the best places I have ever worked, great benefits and plenty of OT. We work a four on four off 12 hour work schedule and I have to admit its very nice having four off in a row every week. The Schedule makes planning vacation very easy.
Pros
Pay, People, and Beneifits
Cons
Management and communiction
Good people there
Production Planner Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookville, PA 15825December 9, 2016
Liked the early shift. Good ppl to work with
Just wouldn't hire me full time
Not a lot of ppl cared about safety there. They had clocks working there.
a place to speak openly
Front End Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSOctober 31, 2016
busy schedule full of challenges. new ways to complete mechanical processes. very helpful learning . work together. scheduling. self accomplishment for success
Pros
freedom to work autonomously.
Cons
long hours in the heat
Great place to work.
Lead person (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 13, 2016
I liked working there. Because I made a lot of friends. There are some that I still talk to. We do reunions twice a year to catch up with each other.
Pros
Sunday Dinners
Cons
They closed
good
well rounded (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 9, 2016
nice place to work good enviroment learning oppourtunities
now part of ardaugh group we will continue to provide great prodcuts
great place to work
Depal (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJune 19, 2016
Great people. fast pace job.lots of free lunch .team work plays a big part of the job.4 days on 4 day off is a good work schedule,
Pros
free lunch safety
Cons
heathcare
clean but stressfull
T2A (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJune 12, 2016
Get down load from previous shift . learned how to set up IBM molds. Difference of opinion on management style co-workers were great after they learned from me the best way to do there jobs hardest part of my job was the miles I had to walk. Best part was the workers I had the pleasure to teach and work with as a team not just individuals
Pros
bonuses
Cons
needs better management training
Ok if you are not looking for upward mobility.
Back End Line Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2016
Not a good company for upward mobility. They hire from outside rather than promote skilled employees.

The work is steady. The hours are long and overtime is abundant.
Pros
Money is fairly good.
Cons
Tend to overwork key employees rather then hire more skilled employees.
Unclear Future
MACHINIST AND TOOLING GRINDER (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHFebruary 17, 2016
It is unclear if many of the plant locations will remain open due to a recent purchase by Ball. Many plants will have to be sold.
good place to work
Machine operator, quality control, forklift (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHJanuary 27, 2016
it is a good place to work. the pay is nice and you only work about 15 days a month 12 hour days shifts are 630 to 630 with 3 breaks. some days are fast paced and other are smooth sailing.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long shifts i guess
Take over time
operator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Hold on, Ball Corp. has bought Rexam. Which plants will be sold? I'd seriously consider this before accepting a job with them.
Pros
Maybe okay.
Cons
Sold to Ball.
A very productive environment focused on time management and communication.
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CADecember 12, 2015
A typical day begins with basic inventory counts of dunnage and art plates used for printing logos onto cans. I then go on to process the information through the SAP system as well as process any shuttles from the day prior that have not been processed. I then reconcile accounts for Arizona, Coca Cola, and Anheiser Busch to find any potential shortages. Throughout the day I am consistently updating our inventory and checking for loads deemed as "scrap" and HFI (hold for inspection) in order to avoid potential faulty cans from being sent to customers. I then proceed to updating the shuttling schedule through the SAP system to ensure that the correct quantity of cans are being sent to the correct location at the correct date and time. The SAP system allows Rexam plants all over the United States to communicate and delegate cans to/from specific warehouses.

The hardest part of the job is finding ways to become more fluent within the SAP system. It gets very busy at the plant and often times results in a lack of time to dive into potential new skills. It is a very thorough job criterion and every task needs to be completed with utmost diligence. This is the hardest part of the job.

The part of the job I enjoy the most is the amount of personal growth I have experience. I have learned new skills that make me overall a more through and detail-oriented person.
Was great while it lasted.
Injection Blow Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Rossville, GASeptember 29, 2015
Great place to work for but it did end up getting bought out and shut down. Steady schedule but low pay. Leaned something new everyday I was there.
Pros
Great people all around and never had as issue with my hours
Cons
Pay was a little low for the amount of work
Productive and serious workforce.
Summer Helper (Former Employee) –  Bishopville, SCAugust 13, 2015
Rexam is a manufacturing job it gave me a lot of machine operating experience. The only bad thing about it is, it's hard to find another job because I don't qualify or don't have enough experience.
Assembly and Packer type of work.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 3, 2015
Basically you pack plastic bottles into boxes and observe other machines throughout the shift. You are required to wear ear plugs. Good environment with associating with other coworkers as long as your paying attention to your station.
In charge of all in house welding
Maintenance Mechanic, Millwright (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 7, 2015
Was in charge of all in house welding. Welding of different parts and material. Excellent work and plenty of over time if you wanted it.
Productive and great company atmosphere
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHMarch 5, 2015
A typical day was working on a machine making pallets for cans. I learned to maintain focus and efficiency of production flow performing repetitive functions. Learned how to quickly learn a new position on a moment’s notice. Learned teamwork and cooperation to perform successfully in a work environment. Management was very cooperative with school schedule and co-workers were very friendly and made working fun. Hardest part of the job was standing up for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the co-workers.
Pros
Golf outings, free lunches every so often for completing goals
Cons
Standing long periods of time.