Rexam

Rexam Employer Reviews

ok
Press Machine Operator and Packaging (Former Employee), Newark, DEJuly 30, 2014
it was ok working there company struggled ,people were cool to work with
Little communication with long work days/nights
Lining Operator (Former Employee), Constantine, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: good money$$$
Cons: no time to spend that $$$$
12 hour shifts,7 days a week! Good money-no time to spend it! Clean work environment, and excellent medical benefits.
interesting
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 29, 2014
very good work environment. management was everything and more.
Working in a manufacturing environment
Front End Operator (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 23, 2014
During my time at Rexam I have had the opportunity to train in on four different areas. Management is not the easiest to understand. Each manager expects something different which makes the job that much harder. Thus, my co-workers seem to be never happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we do actually work a 3-4 schedule. But, that is hardly – more... the case when you have forced overtime. – less
There were opportunities for advancement, and people were recognized for a job well done.
Senior Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Newark, DEApril 13, 2014
Pros: strong team environment.
Cons: long commute to work.
I would start my day by reviewing the previous day’s production with both night and day supervisors, taking any unresolved issues to the morning production meeting to develop a plan with the appropriate department making sure appropriate personnel were assigned to resolve issues.
I learned a lot about production planning, organizing upcoming projects, – more... and developing teams that were very capable of working, and problem solving with little if any supervision.
I enjoy working with different managers in an effort to achieve a common goal, and develop employees under me so the desire to achieve that goal as well.
I really like seeing people grow, learn new skills, and advance in a company achieving personal success. I feel discipline is a tool that should be used to help people grow and understand what is expected of them, not as punishment. The hardest part for me is when an employee needs to be dismissed, if it has come to that point then it has to happen, but it will never be something I take lightly. – less
A good place to work.
Mechanic/Operator (Former Employee), Goldrock NCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: alot of area to cover
Kept 2 ebm running handle all trouble shooting on both machines ,electrical and mechanical from 480 3-phase motor to prox and limit switches. Pneumatics and hydraulic. Checked bottles to make sure they where in tolerance.
Organinized and dedicated
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Updated internal specification,
Prepared and distributed the Certificate of Compliance.
Prepared and issued Temporary Deviation.
Issued and distributed Quality Alert.
Crated Lot Record Packaging and print label for production.

Specialist with extensive experience in the manufacturing environment.
Proficient in MS Word and Excel with strong attention – more... to detail.

Work well under pressure and is able to meet tight deadlines.
Always striving to achieve a level of excellence and bring value to an organization.
We had an outstanding team in Buffalo Grove with a proven track record of operating a world -class facility .
Rexam closures business - BG plant was left significantly under-utilized (open Kube Tech then closed). – less
Poor Management / Poor Working Conditions
Quality Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: paid for company uniforms
Cons: poor management / poor working conditions
Under paid, under staffed, and poor management. Management would often pull workers off of projects without consent to supervisors, and would require you to do work even though you were required to be in meetings
Good company, benefits, customer base
Regional Manager - Texas (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 25, 2013
Enjoyed time here. Covered seven state region managing retail pharmacy, retail pharmacy chains, acute care, mail order pharmacy, VA Hospitals, DOD facilities and IDN's
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 7, 2013
Pros: e
I liked my work therand my co-workers were nice people. I enjoy everything from there.
factory work
sevice worker/press operator/quality assurance (Current Employee), Brookville, PAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: medical benefits, paid vacations, overtime, safety awards
Cons: plant drama, no sick days
I work 7pm to 7am. I have training in DuPont safety 5S, operating presses,doing service work such as supplying presses with materials,driving forklift tansporting product.Most co-workers are cool.Hardest part of job is staying awake.Most enjoyable part of job is being able to move about the plant not having to stay in one place all the time.
It was an overall nice enjoyable place to work.
Sales Coordinator, Administrative Asst (Former Employee), Hot Springs National Park, ARAugust 28, 2013
Pros: good overall job
Cons: some management
I was employed there for some time so everyone there was like family. We had a several company functions throughout the year. We had fun, but we worked as well.

Came to work of a morning, got your coffee, got your messages, started answering your emails and returning phone calls. You put in sales orders, talk to customers, helped them with their questions, – more... concerns, and ordering. You did what you had to do to get the order to make the company money within reason. I loved my job, I loved dealing with my customers - even though some days that was the hardest part of the job. Because just like you they have their bad days. Some days are great and some days are not, but you still make the best of it. – less
Productive and great workplace
Damaged Can picker (Current Employee), Olive Branch, MSAugust 7, 2013
Pros: friendly staff and flexibility
Cons: temporary, seasonal
This a great fortune 5k company. Many people retire and hardly ever resign from here. The job placement process is very competitive. I learned how to operate and run all the machines in this warehouse. The staff was great and helpful, management is very friendly.
Management is terrible. Your job is threatened on a daily basis. Benefit suck. Forced to work extra days with no compensation. Do not work here!!!!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), White House, ohJune 22, 2013
I have worked many places in my 25 year career of managing people. This by far was the worse job I ever had. 8 supervisors hired in the past year and all 8 are looking for new jobs or have left already. Beware of this company!!!
Growth in Jobs
Purchaser/ Supply Clerk / Lead (Former Employee), Hot Springs, ARMay 17, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: can not think of any other then they switched my hours back to 12 hr. shifts hard on the body
When I started I worked a year at a Lining Machine. Checking for the placement on each lid, emptying and filling the hopper. Writing down what I did in the shift. Working closely with Quality Control.

Once I was hired for Lining Lead, my duties moved to motivator and verifying that all 12 lines were writing down there numbers and checking for flaws. – more... Also working with scheduling on which lids were next in line, and preparing all labels and paperwork for these jobs.

Once I became Molding Lead, Motivator and keeping machines running thru breaks, & shifts, I lead a team of 20 to 30 machines and people at a time. In the very beginning of my shift, I checked to see I had employees for shift. Also my supervisors gave me priorities to run with. check all documentation on machines for maintence, kept up with quality checks every hour and worked with my employess making boxes, getting anything they needed.

Supply Clerk, I learned how to control the inventory, in and out thru documentation which I entered daily. Ran a report of MP2 daily to see what was need to order, went ahead and ordered. Worked with The supply cordinator and Purchasing manager when we needed to limit spending.

The hardest part of the job, being thrown in with no training and sink or swim mentality.

The most enjoyable, was schedule days monday thru friday. Hours. And if you were to see someone they had a smile on there face (they needed something) :) – less
Close to home. Good pay
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Excelsior Springs, MOMay 12, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: missing breaks and lunchs.
I did inventory of products. Load and unload trucks. Wrap products. Receive products. Greet truckdrivers. To be patient. My co-workers were interesting. Getting my fork truck unstuck. Loading a truck.
crelocated to arkansas
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Constantine, MIApril 23, 2013
Pros: goodment money and work envior
Cons: 24-7 operation alway short staffed
maintain and operated machines, trouble shooting, making qaulity repairs, good job ,good people, mostly in house training,
Very Produtive and well Knowledged
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Rossville, GAApril 11, 2013
Love working there. All personnal was very helpful in what ever problem you may have.
Productive and a fun place to work
Palletizer (Former Employee), Kent WaApril 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good pay and bonuses
Worked 4 days on and 4 days off nothing to complain about. It was a good work environment and I enjoyed working with the people that was on my crew.
Production very great place to work at
Packer/Machine Operator (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILMarch 31, 2013
Pros: great core values
This company makes medical supplies that help people. The fact that I work for a company that make medical that helps people no other words then I love. But looking for something in the field in with I have require an license. Which is CNA

1 2 3 4

About Rexam

Can you think of a better way to preserve, protect, and promote beverages? Rexam Beverage Can! Rexam Beverage Can is one of the biggest – Read more