Rexam Employee Reviews

Organinized and dedicated
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Updated internal specification,
Prepared and distributed the Certificate of Compliance.
Prepared and issued Temporary Deviation.
Issued and distributed Quality Alert.
Crated Lot Record Packaging and print label for production.

Specialist with extensive experience in the manufacturing environment.
Proficient in MS Word and Excel with strong attention to detail.

Work well under pressure and is able to meet tight deadlines.
Always striving to achieve a level of excellence and bring value to an organization.
We had an outstanding team in Buffalo Grove with a proven track record of operating a world -class facility .
Rexam closures business - BG plant was left significantly under-utilized (open Kube Tech then closed).
Productive and great workplace
Damaged Can picker (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 7, 2013
This a great fortune 5k company. Many people retire and hardly ever resign from here. The job placement process is very competitive. I learned how to operate and run all the machines in this warehouse. The staff was great and helpful, management is very friendly.
Pros
friendly staff and flexibility
Cons
temporary, seasonal
a good place to learn how pop cans are made
quality control/ final inspector (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 10, 2012
12 hr shift where you become a family of working together to get the job done theres always room to learn new ideas and machines management is helpful so are the people who work around you the hardes part of the job would have to be the hrs the best part of the job is if things are running good the atmosphere is relaxed
Pros
relaxed and friendly atmosphere
Cons
scheduled overtime and having to work holidays
good
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 20, 2015
some time i was getting only two hour work,three lunch area, good management,co-worker ok.
Fair
Shift Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 11, 2013
Over all this company is not to bad, however there is not alot of job security. The management staff is mostly onorganized and lacks the ability to accurately plan many projects.
good company but not really stable work if a temp
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 23, 2015
very precise with their product requirements,really laid back people that work here. the job is really easy to do and doesn't require heavy lifting. management is really professional and pretty easy to talk to.
Working in a manufacturing environment
Front End Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 23, 2014
During my time at Rexam I have had the opportunity to train in on four different areas. Management is not the easiest to understand. Each manager expects something different which makes the job that much harder. Thus, my co-workers seem to be never happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we do actually work a 3-4 schedule. But, that is hardly the case when you have forced overtime.
Management is terrible. Your job is threatened on a daily basis. Benefit suck. Forced to work extra days with no compensation. Do not work here!!!!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  White House, ohJune 22, 2013
I have worked many places in my 25 year career of managing people. This by far was the worse job I ever had. 8 supervisors hired in the past year and all 8 are looking for new jobs or have left already. Beware of this company!!!
There were opportunities for advancement, and people were recognized for a job well done.
Senior Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 13, 2014
I would start my day by reviewing the previous day’s production with both night and day supervisors, taking any unresolved issues to the morning production meeting to develop a plan with the appropriate department making sure appropriate personnel were assigned to resolve issues.
I learned a lot about production planning, organizing upcoming projects, and developing teams that were very capable of working, and problem solving with little if any supervision.
I enjoy working with different managers in an effort to achieve a common goal, and develop employees under me so the desire to achieve that goal as well.
I really like seeing people grow, learn new skills, and advance in a company achieving personal success. I feel discipline is a tool that should be used to help people grow and understand what is expected of them, not as punishment. The hardest part for me is when an employee needs to be dismissed, if it has come to that point then it has to happen, but it will never be something I take lightly.
Pros
strong team environment.
Cons
long commute to work.
Poor Management / Poor Working Conditions
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 9, 2014
Under paid, under staffed, and poor management. Management would often pull workers off of projects without consent to supervisors, and would require you to do work even though you were required to be in meetings
Pros
paid for company uniforms
Cons
poor management / poor working conditions
A good place to work.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INSeptember 19, 2014
In the past 14 years i was given great advice and training on set ups and trouble shooting from some of the best people in the industry. The best thing about the jobs was that you had to seriously think about the task at hand every day. Never a daul moment. Its a place that really make you want to care about your qaulity, performance, and custormer satisfaction. And always knowing that safety comes first.
work culture
Global BI Analyst (Former Employee) –  chicago,ilSeptember 5, 2014
Low Perks. Flexible work life balance. good team work. less opportunities for non travel team mates.
In charge of all in house welding
Maintenance Mechanic, Millwright (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 7, 2015
Was in charge of all in house welding. Welding of different parts and material. Excellent work and plenty of over time if you wanted it.
Long and grueling
Machinest (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJuly 25, 2012
You got paid very well here, but you could not understand most of your co workers with the language barrier that there was. The management was never around, or answered calls. I left because I moved back to Joliet.
Pros
great pay
Cons
horrible hours and management
Great work environment with organized team
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach,FLJanuary 6, 2013
Great place to work.very fast paced,but organized. great management team and co workers. Loved coming to work to learn from supervisor
Pros
co workers, benefit package
Cons
location
Productive and a fun place to work
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Kent WaApril 5, 2013
Worked 4 days on and 4 days off nothing to complain about. It was a good work environment and I enjoyed working with the people that was on my crew.
Pros
free lunches, good pay and bonuses
Growth in Jobs
Purchaser/ Supply Clerk / Lead (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMay 17, 2013
When I started I worked a year at a Lining Machine. Checking for the placement on each lid, emptying and filling the hopper. Writing down what I did in the shift. Working closely with Quality Control.

Once I was hired for Lining Lead, my duties moved to motivator and verifying that all 12 lines were writing down there numbers and checking for flaws. Also working with scheduling on which lids were next in line, and preparing all labels and paperwork for these jobs.

Once I became Molding Lead, Motivator and keeping machines running thru breaks, & shifts, I lead a team of 20 to 30 machines and people at a time. In the very beginning of my shift, I checked to see I had employees for shift. Also my supervisors gave me priorities to run with. check all documentation on machines for maintence, kept up with quality checks every hour and worked with my employess making boxes, getting anything they needed.

Supply Clerk, I learned how to control the inventory, in and out thru documentation which I entered daily. Ran a report of MP2 daily to see what was need to order, went ahead and ordered. Worked with The supply cordinator and Purchasing manager when we needed to limit spending.

The hardest part of the job, being thrown in with no training and sink or swim mentality.

The most enjoyable, was schedule days monday thru friday. Hours. And if you were to see someone they had a smile on there face (they needed something) :)
Pros
job security
Cons
can not think of any other then they switched my hours back to 12 hr. shifts hard on the body
You never know when your job will end
Worker bee (Current Employee) –  A US FacilityApril 4, 2012
Management can/will eliminate you without warning.
Very disruptive to your life.
Pros
it was a steady paycheck until it ended.
Cons
managment's callusness
a safe and stable work enviroment
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MoJanuary 24, 2013
working at rexam was alright i started on 8hr days, switched to 12hr days, and ended on 8hr nights. It was pretty easy work basically as a machine operator I was responsible for packaging finished product and making sure parts were up to standard as they came off the line.
Pros
close to home, good money
Cons
boring, coworkers were lazy.
no work life balance
Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJanuary 25, 2013
people were great
management and company overall very disorganized
don't live mission or core values
Pros
people i worked with
Cons
management at all levels