Rexam

Rexam Employee Reviews

It was an overall nice enjoyable place to work.
Sales Coordinator, Administrative Asst (Former Employee), Hot Springs National Park, ARAugust 28, 2013
Pros: good overall job
Cons: some management
I was employed there for some time so everyone there was like family. We had a several company functions throughout the year. We had fun, but we worked as well.

Came to work of a morning, got your coffee, – more... got your messages, started answering your emails and returning phone calls. You put in sales orders, talk to customers, helped them with their questions, concerns, and ordering. You did what you had to do to get the order to make the company money within reason. I loved my job, I loved dealing with my customers - even though some days that was the hardest part of the job. Because just like you they have their bad days. Some days are great and some days are not, but you still make the best of it. – less
Productive and great workplace
Damaged Can picker (Current Employee), Olive Branch, MSAugust 7, 2013
Pros: friendly staff and flexibility
Cons: temporary, seasonal
This a great fortune 5k company. Many people retire and hardly ever resign from here. The job placement process is very competitive. I learned how to operate and run all the machines in this warehouse. The staff was great and helpful, management is very friendly.
Management is terrible. Your job is threatened on a daily basis. Benefit suck. Forced to work extra days with no compensation. Do not work here!!!!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), White House, ohJune 22, 2013
I have worked many places in my 25 year career of managing people. This by far was the worse job I ever had. 8 supervisors hired in the past year and all 8 are looking for new jobs or have left already. Beware of this company!!!
Growth in Jobs
Purchaser/ Supply Clerk / Lead (Former Employee), Hot Springs, ARMay 17, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: can not think of any other then they switched my hours back to 12 hr. shifts hard on the body
When I started I worked a year at a Lining Machine. Checking for the placement on each lid, emptying and filling the hopper. Writing down what I did in the shift. Working closely with Quality Control. – more...

Once I was hired for Lining Lead, my duties moved to motivator and verifying that all 12 lines were writing down there numbers and checking for flaws. Also working with scheduling on which lids were next in line, and preparing all labels and paperwork for these jobs.

Once I became Molding Lead, Motivator and keeping machines running thru breaks, & shifts, I lead a team of 20 to 30 machines and people at a time. In the very beginning of my shift, I checked to see I had employees for shift. Also my supervisors gave me priorities to run with. check all documentation on machines for maintence, kept up with quality checks every hour and worked with my employess making boxes, getting anything they needed.

Supply Clerk, I learned how to control the inventory, in and out thru documentation which I entered daily. Ran a report of MP2 daily to see what was need to order, went ahead and ordered. Worked with The supply cordinator and Purchasing manager when we needed to limit spending.

The hardest part of the job, being thrown in with no training and sink or swim mentality.

The most enjoyable, was schedule days monday thru friday. Hours. And if you were to see someone they had a smile on there face (they needed something) :) – less
Close to home. Good pay
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Excelsior Springs, MOMay 12, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: missing breaks and lunchs.
I did inventory of products. Load and unload trucks. Wrap products. Receive products. Greet truckdrivers. To be patient. My co-workers were interesting. Getting my fork truck unstuck. Loading a truck.
crelocated to arkansas
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Constantine, MIApril 23, 2013
Pros: goodment money and work envior
Cons: 24-7 operation alway short staffed
maintain and operated machines, trouble shooting, making qaulity repairs, good job ,good people, mostly in house training,
Very Produtive and well Knowledged
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Rossville, GAApril 11, 2013
Love working there. All personnal was very helpful in what ever problem you may have.
Productive and a fun place to work
Palletizer (Former Employee), Kent WaApril 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good pay and bonuses
Worked 4 days on and 4 days off nothing to complain about. It was a good work environment and I enjoyed working with the people that was on my crew.
Production very great place to work at
Packer/Machine Operator (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILMarch 31, 2013
Pros: great core values
This company makes medical supplies that help people. The fact that I work for a company that make medical that helps people no other words then I love. But looking for something in the field in with I have require an license. Which is CNA
Its very interesting and its a company that i would love too retire at.
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Gold Rock, NCMarch 29, 2013
Pros: nice environment
Cons: short breaks
I enjoy working with my co-workers they are very respectful and outgpoing, and easy to work with and talk to. The hardest part of the job is writing stuff down on the papers.
Normal enviroment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Excelsior Springs, MOFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: breaks are good
Cons: not enough work hrs
Overall a good work place, alot of making Boxes ,on your feet ,able to lift 50 lbs
no work life balance
Healthcare (Former Employee), Franklin, INJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: people i worked with
Cons: management at all levels
people were great
management and company overall very disorganized
don't live mission or core values
a safe and stable work enviroment
Machine operator (Former Employee), Excelsior Springs, MoJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: close to home, good money
Cons: boring, coworkers were lazy.
working at rexam was alright i started on 8hr days, switched to 12hr days, and ended on 8hr nights. It was pretty easy work basically as a machine operator I was responsible for packaging finished product and making sure parts were up to standard as they came off the line.
Fair
Shift Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 11, 2013
Over all this company is not to bad, however there is not alot of job security. The management staff is mostly onorganized and lacks the ability to accurately plan many projects.
Great work environment with organized team
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Pompano Beach,FLJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: co workers, benefit package
Cons: location
Great place to work.very fast paced,but organized. great management team and co workers. Loved coming to work to learn from supervisor
sold
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 21, 2012
the company has been sold so any review that may have been given is no long relevant.
Inspector (Former Employee), Hot Springs ARDecember 15, 2012
Pros: good benefits, great pay and long hours
Very productive business, inspectors check jars for flaws, pack teh perfect ones, and ship to quality control before they are sent to labeing.
a good place to learn how pop cans are made
quality control/ final inspector (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 10, 2012
Pros: relaxed and friendly atmosphere
Cons: scheduled overtime and having to work holidays
12 hr shift where you become a family of working together to get the job done theres always room to learn new ideas and machines management is helpful so are the people who work around you the hardes part of the job would have to be the hrs the best part of the job is if things are running good the atmosphere is relaxed
Productive wok place
Quality Control (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 1, 2012
I have learned a lot at rexam on quality control the management is ok
BAD managment
Warehouse (Current Employee), Thomaston, CTJuly 26, 2012
Pros: overtime* but only due to lack of management
Cons: again.... poor performing indiviuals in higher level positions
This company is in the business for the business. All of the managers are very uneducated and inexperienced. Hopefully the sale of the business will promote good changes. But from my experience dealing with these managers will force you into making "career decisions" sooner than later

About Rexam

Can you think of a better way to preserve, protect, and promote beverages? Rexam Beverage Can! Rexam Beverage Can is one of the biggest – Read more

Rexam Salaries