Rexam Employee Reviews

good company but not really stable work if a temp
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 23, 2015
very precise with their product requirements,really laid back people that work here. the job is really easy to do and doesn't require heavy lifting. management is really professional and pretty easy to talk to.
good
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 20, 2015
some time i was getting only two hour work,three lunch area, good management,co-worker ok.
company has changed owner or group of owners 3 times in the last 2 years
Shift Supervisor- 12 Hour Night B Shift (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCDecember 18, 2014
with constant change in management and style of management, everything was as if in a constant state of flux. staying flexable without any clear vision of the future and how to get there made for a very chaotic and frustrating enviroment to work in. definite social caste system in place which only empowered the confusion and increased the gap of clear communication as to where solutions to the issues facing us would appear.
Wonderful Place to work
Maintenance Storeroom Clerk/Production (Former Employee) –  Millersburg, OHOctober 27, 2014
This facility was a wonderful place to work. The management team and co-workers were wonderful people to work with. Everyone was like one big family. Worked a lot of overtime and weekends but management treated us all good for all the extra time and work we all put in.
Pros
Great management team, good benefits, nice co-workers
Cons
short breaks, alot of overtime and long shifts
A good place to work.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INSeptember 19, 2014
In the past 14 years i was given great advice and training on set ups and trouble shooting from some of the best people in the industry. The best thing about the jobs was that you had to seriously think about the task at hand every day. Never a daul moment. Its a place that really make you want to care about your qaulity, performance, and custormer satisfaction. And always knowing that safety comes first.
work culture
Global BI Analyst (Former Employee) –  chicago,ilSeptember 5, 2014
Low Perks. Flexible work life balance. good team work. less opportunities for non travel team mates.
ok
Press Machine Operator and Packaging (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 30, 2014
it was ok working there company struggled ,people were cool to work with
Little communication with long work days/nights
Lining Operator (Former Employee) –  Constantine, MIJune 2, 2014
12 hour shifts,7 days a week! Good money-no time to spend it! Clean work environment, and excellent medical benefits.
Pros
Good Money$$$
Cons
No time to spend that $$$$
interesting
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 29, 2014
very good work environment. management was everything and more.
Working in a manufacturing environment
Front End Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 23, 2014
During my time at Rexam I have had the opportunity to train in on four different areas. Management is not the easiest to understand. Each manager expects something different which makes the job that much harder. Thus, my co-workers seem to be never happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we do actually work a 3-4 schedule. But, that is hardly the case when you have forced overtime.

Want to know more about Rexam?

Ask a question
There were opportunities for advancement, and people were recognized for a job well done.
Senior Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 13, 2014
I would start my day by reviewing the previous day’s production with both night and day supervisors, taking any unresolved issues to the morning production meeting to develop a plan with the appropriate department making sure appropriate personnel were assigned to resolve issues.
I learned a lot about production planning, organizing upcoming projects, and developing teams that were very capable of working, and problem solving with little if any supervision.
I enjoy working with different managers in an effort to achieve a common goal, and develop employees under me so the desire to achieve that goal as well.
I really like seeing people grow, learn new skills, and advance in a company achieving personal success. I feel discipline is a tool that should be used to help people grow and understand what is expected of them, not as punishment. The hardest part for me is when an employee needs to be dismissed, if it has come to that point then it has to happen, but it will never be something I take lightly.
Pros
Strong team environment.
Cons
Long commute to work.
A good place to work.
Mechanic/Operator (Former Employee) –  Goldrock NCFebruary 20, 2014
Kept 2 ebm running handle all trouble shooting on both machines ,electrical and mechanical from 480 3-phase motor to prox and limit switches. Pneumatics and hydraulic. Checked bottles to make sure they where in tolerance.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
alot of area to cover
Organinized and dedicated
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Updated internal specification,
Prepared and distributed the Certificate of Compliance.
Prepared and issued Temporary Deviation.
Issued and distributed Quality Alert.
Crated Lot Record Packaging and print label for production.

Specialist with extensive experience in the manufacturing environment.
Proficient in MS Word and Excel with strong attention to detail.

Work well under pressure and is able to meet tight deadlines.
Always striving to achieve a level of excellence and bring value to an organization.
We had an outstanding team in Buffalo Grove with a proven track record of operating a world -class facility .
Rexam closures business - BG plant was left significantly under-utilized (open Kube Tech then closed).
Poor Management / Poor Working Conditions
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 9, 2014
Under paid, under staffed, and poor management. Management would often pull workers off of projects without consent to supervisors, and would require you to do work even though you were required to be in meetings
Pros
Paid for company uniforms
Cons
Poor Management / Poor Working Conditions
Good company, benefits, customer base
Regional Manager - Texas (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 25, 2013
Enjoyed time here. Covered seven state region managing retail pharmacy, retail pharmacy chains, acute care, mail order pharmacy, VA Hospitals, DOD facilities and IDN's
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 7, 2013
I liked my work therand my co-workers were nice people. I enjoy everything from there.
Pros
E
factory work
sevice worker/press operator/quality assurance (Current Employee) –  Brookville, PAOctober 1, 2013
I work 7pm to 7am. I have training in DuPont safety 5S, operating presses,doing service work such as supplying presses with materials,driving forklift tansporting product.Most co-workers are cool.Hardest part of job is staying awake.Most enjoyable part of job is being able to move about the plant not having to stay in one place all the time.
Pros
medical benefits, paid vacations, overtime, safety awards
Cons
plant drama, no sick days
It was an overall nice enjoyable place to work.
Sales Coordinator, Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARAugust 28, 2013
I was employed there for some time so everyone there was like family. We had a several company functions throughout the year. We had fun, but we worked as well.

Came to work of a morning, got your coffee, got your messages, started answering your emails and returning phone calls. You put in sales orders, talk to customers, helped them with their questions, concerns, and ordering. You did what you had to do to get the order to make the company money within reason. I loved my job, I loved dealing with my customers - even though some days that was the hardest part of the job. Because just like you they have their bad days. Some days are great and some days are not, but you still make the best of it.
Pros
Good Overall Job
Cons
Some Management
Productive and great workplace
Damaged Can picker (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 7, 2013
This a great fortune 5k company. Many people retire and hardly ever resign from here. The job placement process is very competitive. I learned how to operate and run all the machines in this warehouse. The staff was great and helpful, management is very friendly.
Pros
Friendly staff and flexibility
Cons
temporary, seasonal
Management is terrible. Your job is threatened on a daily basis. Benefit suck. Forced to work extra days with no compensation. Do not work here!!!!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  White House, ohJune 22, 2013
I have worked many places in my 25 year career of managing people. This by far was the worse job I ever had. 8 supervisors hired in the past year and all 8 are looking for new jobs or have left already. Beware of this company!!!