Rexel Holdings USA Employee Reviews

Positive in all areas
IT Lead (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 17, 2017
Technical adviser to executive group.
I learned leadership skills.
The most enjoyable part of this job was in helping the company productivity grow with the use of technology.
Positive
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2017
Company implements go to market changes only to reverse the changes in a short period of time. International company with US operations that feels the pain during global recessions (easy to lay off in the US). Good benefits package.
Fun
Electrical appliance distributor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 1, 2017
Cool good vibes hard work good teamwork good benefits good pay for hard workers good management good employees you work alone you have to learn how to use the machines
great place
Warehouse Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2017
this job has alot to offer great pay and the work enviornment is great the people here are nice everyone looks out for the next person the wire room is the best department in the building..
Avoid if possible
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2017
High turnover, especially in IT. No raises or fair compensation. Policies are expected to be followed unless you are in a leadership position. A lot of double standards. Poor morale due to constant hiring and layoffs which occur approximately every 2 years (for last 8 years). Do not expect to last long, even if you are a high performer.
Pros
May be a good stepping stone but not a career.
Cons
No advancement. No raises
Insurance and benefits are great
Information Technology Leader (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSNovember 11, 2016
Rexel Holdings USA being such a large company allows them to offer great medical, dental, and eye insurance at a very good price for employees
Repressive environment. Micro-management at its best.
Area Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 6, 2016
One of the highest turnover rates in Dallas. Mid-level management are robots that suck up to upper-management and treat direct reports like garbage. Unfair treatment of employees. Very negative atmosphere. Left after less than a year and never looked back. Credit Managers are expected to put in excessive hours. Long term employees become highly negative and jealous of newcomers. Not recommended, especially in a competitive market.
Pros
Cons
Repressive atmosphere. Management uses you and spits you out.
Stressful work environment with little hope of improvement
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2016
You're never made to feel like you matter as a person. The company only cares about the bottom line, and they wonder why the company has such high turnover.
Recent High School Graduate
Warehouse Associate/Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDOctober 10, 2016
Ok company! Management Ok, You don't get compensated for work done. No pay increases and I was there almost two years. Rarely overtime is provided. Love the work hours and weekends off!
Pros
45 min lunch
Cons
Not pay increases.
Dont waste your time here
IT System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2016
They are the sink or swim model company. They give you a really generic training manual for there entire enterprise system and tell you to figure it out... and go test it in a train environment. upper management is confused, there is no such thing as lower or middle management. Just a bunch of people who try to be "leaders" but have no idea how to lead. I wouldnt waste my time if I were you.
Pros
Fair pay, ok benefits, (they never got mine correct)
Cons
Toxic enviornment...too cut throat
Good job if you want to work in the electrical field
Facilities Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 10, 2016
A typical day for my position of the facilities operations manager would be to get there at 6:45 and then have the first delivery truck ready to go by 7am. Then throughout the day I will be receiving shipments, picking orders for the next 3 delivery trucks and then shipping material out to other branches and locations. I have learned quite a bit about the electrical business, parts and business aspect of the company. you co-workers all depend on where your at just like anywhere you work, but you learn to adapt and work as a team. the job it self isn't to hard, the hardest part of the day would be when you get shipments of deliveries back to back with other orders going on.
Pros
Decent pay, free range to do what you want
Rexel
Distribution Center Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2016
Rexel is a good place to work. MUST be politically correct. Need to be able to speak spanish. Local management and employee turnover highest I have ever seen in my 32 years in this industry. Long hiring process.
New Management every year, and no raises
Route Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAJune 9, 2016
Your start time is 2 am when you load your own truck, no compensation for going in that early
Your work load continually increases, and expectations are ridiculously high
Health insurance lacks coverage for its employees and their families
If the management doesn't like you, they make your life miserable until you quite
I worked there for over 9 years and never regretted leaving, I wasn't even asked why I was leaving, or giving and exit interview
Under no circumstances would I ever recommend anyone working at the Mansfield site
Pros
a bad employye discount better off buying at home depot
Cons
micro managing, no raises, favortism
Ok company to work for
IT Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2016
Leadership is lacking, great people in various businesses. Need to work to build up moral across the various teams. Competitive compensation.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
work life balance is very challenging
lacking
Credit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Little to no growth opportunity for employees. Overall poor morale. consistent miscommunication from management to employee.
high turnover, overworked, high stress, company direction is questionable
Area Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2015
LOW Morale- employees overworked. VERY high turnover. Company direction everchanging. Adequate benefits. Many recent layoffs have led to a very stressful situation
Pros
pay adequate
Cons
overworked
QA Inspector/Checker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2015
Inspect outgoing shipments and forklift operator, load and unload trucks, housekeeping. Picked merchandise it there was an error while QC.
Positive management and helpful co-workers
Driver/Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 15, 2015
The company ran like a well oiled machine. Every worker and every product had a reason to be there and everything became routine. A typical day included receiving incoming stock and making sure everything was what we ordered and if it was all there. After receiving stock, I would multitask between picking orders and putting away the received stock. By noon, I would gather all the picked tickets and organize them in the order of which I would deliver them, I would then create a manifest and deliver the products to their respected businesses. If I needed help with anything, every co-worker would help me without hesitation. Management was very relaxed and I was always comfortable informing management of all news, good or bad and would be dealt with in a calm manner
Pros
Positive people, Free lunch once a month, Fun customers
Great Internal Audit Director with support from Senior Management
Seasoned Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2015
Great team enviroment. M-F flextime hours. up to 45% travel required for audits. Great experience with the best Internal Audit Manager known to the profession. Some resistance from auditees at times, but Director was in full effect when needed. Great opportunity to see multiple sides of the business and to learn the business as well as more about the audit profession from a great leader. Dedicated team members that were helpful at all times.
Pros
Great Internal Audit leadership and team support environment.
Cons
Very unstable company that experienced Senior leaders (CEO, Cfo, VP Finance) that resigned all within a period of 6 months, due to parent company's (Rexel Paris) demands and unrealistic goals.
very call center atmosphere
Area Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2015
Rexel is a very fast paced and stressful place to work. My co-workers are very good to work with. There is no advancement at Rexel. Management plays favorites and enlists people to spy on other co-workers. Management does not encourage learning or advancement.