Rexel Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Rexel
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, OrApril 6, 2015
I have been with Rexel for over 10 years and it has been great! This has been a great experience for me, and lot of room to advance.
Pros
Fun envionrment
Cons
Long drive from Portland
Great team to be one
Shipping and Receiving lead (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Generally took care of picking and packing after receiving incoming products from the morning. Taking care of the cleaning and safety throughout the shift. It was a great place to work and awesome close family style company to work for. I learned about shipping and receving with different things including Fedex and ups.
Pros
free lunch on friday's
A company on the downhill slide.................................
Quotations (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticNovember 22, 2014
Its all about top management, and not you, most upper management could not manage a used car lot, little lone an electrical wholesale house, its better than no job, but worked their 3 years, and cannot in my heart suggest you work there, in any state. keep looking elsewhere
Pros
its 8 to 5, and go home
Cons
bad management, pay is not that good
enjoy the fellow employees
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 28, 2014
Great place to work. Get along great with all employees as well as the management. About the only hard part about my job is that I really do not enjoy working as a full manager; I enjoy being more of a supportive role to the manager.

**I am not exactly looking for my current salary either, please keep that in mind**
Pros
easy going, laid back workplace and employees
Cons
company not allowing me to resign my position to move back to another position in the warehouse.
its okay
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  upper Marlboro, mdFebruary 16, 2014
Not a bad place to work not a whole lot of room to grow but its a job and I have learned a lot from this company if you are willing to learn they will teach you. But they don't start out with the greatest pay. But over all I would tell anyone if you need a job they are a good place to start at.
Pros
its a job, great place to learn new things
Cons
low pay, little room to grow
Good place to work.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Checking systems to correct discrepancies, correct and solve issues on sales orders, returns, or any transaction.
Process vendor returns, cuatomer returns.
Rexel, formerly known as Ryall Electric,a data and electrical supplier in the state of Colorado
Mountain Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2014
I drove a 26 ft straight truck with a lift gate and delivered product to job sites and warehouses in the middle of the night in the Colorado mountains. I worked 10-12 hours per shift.

I had to be resourceful every night, to accomplish my deliveries in all kinds of weather and conditions. I drove accident free for my entire term with the company.

Rexel bought out Ryall and that's when many changes began. Going from a family owned business to a corporation, resulted in some management issues.

I was pretty much on my own as the Denver based mountain driver working at night and did not have a whole lot of interaction with the city drivers who worked during the day.

My route ran from Sun-Thu, starting between 2300 and midnight. Working at night requires a dramatic change in lifestyle and sleeping habits.

I loved the challenge presented to me on a "nightly" basis. I took great pride in my work and the fact that the customers and the company could count on me to get the job done.
Pros
benefits and great pay, a good working environment.
Cons
changes made when family business bought out by the corporation.
A good place to work that provided me with good experience for my next job
Sales associate/warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TexasOctober 18, 2013
Typically, I spent part of the day organizing the warehouse, checking in materials, and setting up deliveries. I would also spend a good portion of the day answering phones and taking customer orders. The end of my day consisted of taking deliveries to the customers in the northern parts of the panhandle. I learned a lot about computers at this job because I had little experience with them previously. For the most part, I enjoyed working with the management and my co-workers. The best part of the job for me was making the deliveries and getting to see my customers face to face to check that all was well.
Pros
good insurance at a lower cost than most, company truck to help with gas
Cons
drive out of town when local store went out of business
Busy competitive work environment rewarded hard work
Counter/Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDOctober 11, 2013
- Talking to multiple clients either in person or on phone/email about thousands of products and services selling retrieving and delivering orders as well as managing inventory
- Learned how to generate business maintain and increase customer accounts extensive knowledge in electrical supplies and installations how to up sell increase profit margin and obtain a flawless relationship with all of my accounts as well as all new clients
- Management was good full of knowledge thorough and very helpful in my training i had a never ending thirst for knowledge and they were always willing to teach me something new everyday
- Co-workers were tight almost like a family always had a highly competitive atmosphere for clients and orders but at the end of the day we all worked together for the best interest of the customer
- Slow days by far the hardest part of the job i want to be busy helping clients and generating business
- Happy customers after a long day of good business
Pros
good benefits close to home good management
Company clearly on the decline
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MdSeptember 6, 2013
This used to be a wonderful place to work but several mergers have made Rexel a distant corperation that lacks the family values that made Branch Electric special. Most employees have had to take pay cuts recently and others have just left.

Of course a job is better than no job but I would make sure that Rexel is the place you want to be.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
way too much turnover
Productive and fun place to work
Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 20, 2013
Rexel was a great place to work, every company has it's issues and Rexel was working to make the culture and business better. Overall the employees were great to work with. Some managers didnt communicate well and that's where I had my issues. I would recommend working for Rexel at any location in California. Overall the manageres and Automation managers did a pretty good job.
Pros
wages, benifits, culture.
Cons
management communication.
good people to work with.
Branch Manager \ Inside - Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAApril 21, 2013
It use to be a very good place to work, always a challange,and always learning about business and people but being the worlds largest electrical supplier you get to be just a employee number instead of a person. your input use to be valued and considers ,not anymore. You get orders from someone thats half way across the country thats never been to your location or dont even know where the town is?.(cut workers,enventory, customer service everything that puts you in business) Things have changed alot in the past 3 years.( a big numbers game to look good for investors) its a shame.
Pros
worlds largest electrical supplier
Cons
no job security
awesome job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJanuary 23, 2013
shipping and receiving , stocking with stand up forklift and was responsible for routing deliveries and ups,fed ex also recieved stock broke it down received it labeled it and stocked it, also did cycle counts ,inventory,order pulling
Pros
great benefits
Good solid company.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2012
Good company, leader in its industry.
Good management.
Great group of employees.
Rexel, Inc - 37 states - Approx 8K employees - fast passed enviroment
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas TXJuly 22, 2012
Rexel, Inc is a French owned company operating with 10 FIN nubers in 37 states. We are a multi-state payroll consisting of approx 8K employees. Payroll supervior position is currenlty responsible for the Ceridian to ADP conversion that includes all ares of the payroll process including all supporting systems. The payroll system we are currrently running is fully automated with audit processes in place.
Productive and fast pace.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Solon OhioOctober 10, 2011
Good place to work offers a challenge by multitasking. Take lots of notes.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very political