Rexnord Employee Reviews

Revolving door that doesn’t care about employees
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIJanuary 16, 2018
I worked there for a few years and in only that short time I saw the company take so many horrible turns which made it a barely tolerable place to be. There is little room if any for advancement there. If you enjoy barely having a life outside of work then this is the place for you. They will make you work mandatory 10 hour days m-f and you can plan on working 8 hours every Saturday. The people on the shop floor are required to work all those hours which is decided by people in the office who you will never see out there helping on the weekends. They used to care about their employees and would show it with incentives like drawings for prizes, rewards for going above and beyond your requirements, company apparel, cookouts for meeting target goals, those sorts of things but those days are long gone. The quality of employee has gone way down due to the changes that have been made at Rexnord. Almost all of the good employees have fled(including high up managers) since the company has started going down hill. New people that are brought in rarely stay longer than a week or are let go within the first month or two. The company has become a revolving door that brings in whatever they can scrape from the bottom of the barrel because they have no more options. Long story short, if you want to get treated like garbage, used and abused for whatever they need and then tossed to the curb then Rexnord is the place for you. If you want to work in an enjoyable, friendly and employee appreciative environment then I would advise looking past Rexnord.
Pros
They’ll hire anyone, plenty of overtime
Cons
They’ll hire anyone, plenty of mandatory overtime, lack of advancement, treat employees like garbage
Out Of Business
Millwright/ Welder/ Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2018
Unfotunatly I have nothing good to say about Rexnord now that I no longer am employed for the fact they closed the plant and moved operations to Mexico.
Was supposed to be my career
SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Warren, PA 16365January 9, 2018
This company was supposed to be my career company, but that didn't work out. I was laid off when I was 52 when they decided to move the company to another state. That was a poor decision on management's part. Over the next 8 years they were calling me back continually. I kept going because the job market locally is so bad and they paid me so well.Anyway, their management is in total disarray and they don't know how to fix what the last guy screwed up. But I had a great time working there doing things I loved to do and made a lot of great relationships there. Too bad to see a great American company going down the tubes due to poor management, much of it brought in from overseas.
Pros
I learned a great skill set.
Cons
The managment is tearing the place apart.
Quick paced but fun atmosphere
Operator Roller Bearing Grinding (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2018
No ill feelings for Rexnord, disappointed in the decision to close my plant and move to Mexico, they did not owe me anything. Was an absolute American dream kind of job. Was glad I had an opportunity to work for them while it was available.
Engaging and challenging
Director, Global Vertical Markets (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 2, 2018
Great place to work where there are fast pace and challenging assignments. The environment thrives on cross-collaboration between individuals, departments and divisions. Key to success is strong personal drive.
Decent place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 1, 2018
Plant closed when operations relocated to Mexico. However, it was a decent place to work. I would have stayed until retirement had the plant not closed down.
Benefits
Zero job security; Short-sighted decisions by management
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 27, 2017
Rapidly varying and changing decisions. What is good one minute, is bad the next. Lacking solid vision. Hire and layoff at the drop of a dime without regard to performance.
Have worked in much better
Operator (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIDecember 22, 2017
Was not particularly enjoyable. Very fasted paced and no room for error. I was always doing 2-3 man jobs not because I was fast but because they refused to give me help. But there was unbelievable amounts of overtime.
Industrial Leader
Computer drafting Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 13, 2017
Good company to work for. Fast paced environment. Pays well. Much room for advancement. Industry leader in it,s field.The employees work well together.
Apredisaje
Q. A. Inspector (Former Employee) –  Coamo Municipio, PRNovember 14, 2017
Me sirvio de desarroyo y aprendisaje para mi futuro laboral como quality.
Pros
Buenos beneficios
Cons
Poca oportunidad para el desarollo
Great Company with huge history
Global Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53214October 29, 2017
Rexnord is a great corporation that is growing by leaps and bounds. You have many opportunities for promotion and travel. Rexnord offers their own medical clinic to keep costs down. Over 125 years of history in the greater Milwaukee area.
Independent work environment
Human Resource Professional/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 27, 2017
daily time card for hourly and salary employees. Managed all vacation and leaves. conducted orientations and interviewed new employees. Was the lead person on implementing ADP our new automated time card system. Worked closely with all department within the corporation. Assisted with accounts payable, quality control and the Directors of the factory. Managed the staff of 350 employees on a 3 shift schedule.
Pros
Very friendly environment
Well known Company
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2017
Rexnord was a great company when I started with them, 5 years later it seemed every couple months we had new initiatives to achieve. Would go from one market segment to the next even 6 months.
Pros
Well known company
Cons
Too many changes
Enjoyed my job
Cycle Counter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2017
Would still be employed there if they didn't close & move to Mexico enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. Was planning on retiring from this company, but now I can't
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Closed down
was a great job until they said they where moving out of state
Centerless Grinder (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2017
was a great place to work I thought, when I got hired worked 2 years and they made the announcement they where moving our jobs to monterrey mexico I worked a total of 2 years 3 months my last day was aug 29,2017
Pros
great pay
Cons
moving to mexico
Great Company to work for
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 20, 2017
Very good company to work for. I enjoyed my time there and would work there again if I had a chance to work there. My time there was very enjoyable and I learned a lot at the place.
shipping lead
Shipping Lead (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 7, 2017
Work over 10 hrs a day with alternate weekend, support shipping personal and provide solutions CSR of shipping inquires, trouble shoot shipping per system and release order for shipping.
Pros
Well paying company
un reliable
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 7, 2017
they moved to mexico not really much else to say work was fast paced on mostly older machines I was in grinding after being reduced out of machining which is what most of my experience is in not much time on grinders
Mix feelings
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 19, 2017
ZGood co workwers mangament just used us for what they needed and let us go. No chance to get in the comapny as a fulltime person. Got lots of forklift experencie
Good paying job
Assembly personnel (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 16, 2017
It was all good till they announced they were moving to other country.We had good paying job, environment was safe and supervisors made sure everybody knows what they are doing. They left and affected 300 families.
Pros
money was good
Cons
some people didn't know what they were doing or didn't have focus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexnord. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9