Reynolds Consumer Products Employee Reviews

Stressful
PLC Technician (Current Employee) –  Tamaqua, PADecember 25, 2017
Not a lot of fun and plenty of finger pointing. Management has to many ego issues, coupled with a lack of superiority issues. Quick to punish, slow to praise.
was a positive experence
Steel Worker (Former Employee) –  Transfer, PADecember 10, 2017
i enjoyed working here the management was very helpful. the work was steady and reliable the equipment was well kept so you could do your job without incident.
Pros
Christmas bonus, multiple breaks
Productive place to work
Line Tender (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 29, 2017
A Typical day at Reynolds as a line tender is to make sure u are keeping your line movong and making sure u are within reasonable numbers for the company's growth. Fast pace environment
Fun place to work.
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYNovember 28, 2017
Very laid back and fun. Until 4th qtr when it gets super busy. Overall fun and friendly. Very flexible and understanding when things are going on in your personal life. Very team oriented. Everyone is willing to help out whenever needed.
Pros
Laid back.. flexible hours.
December 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review. We are happy to hear that you are having a positive experience working at Reynolds Consumer Products.

Very hot temperatures, Fast paced and stressful
Packer (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILNovember 24, 2017
Working at Reynolds was the worst job ever. The team leads were very mean and racist towards black employees. They showed no interest in getting to know their employee's especially the ones that come in and do their jobs everyday. The team leads would also try to get you fired on purpose for any small reason.
Pros
Cons
The team leads were mean, company put all the black employees on night shift, Pay is low, and the job is too far.
Management needs sorted out.
Hourly Employee (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 19, 2017
Horrible management at the new plant located in Jacksonville Illinois, to many chiefs and not enough Indians. The way management treats and talks to the employees is awful. I know that I would be down right ashamed to have this management representing my company and my employee's. Absolutely zero respect for the people who chose Ryenolds to work and try and build a career. It is obvious the management is the main reason for the high turn over rate. Who would want to work for someone who has not one ounce of respect for you as an employee. Very unprofessional and poorly selected management.
Pros
Make it the best you can under more then horrible management.
Cons
Has the potential to be a solid place of employment.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 13, 2017
its a great place to work and learn new stuff working with different machine and different product. goof work place environment working with different people
Pros
free giveaways
Cons
Not a good place to work expecially if you have no other options could be a good job if we had a good union in place...
Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, IllinoisNovember 10, 2017
The pay is good starting out but after being there a few years you get stuck in the middle and you dont really see much growth anymore. We only get one 45 cent raise a year for cost of living, so its not even close to keeping up with inflation. The benifits are not to bad but they get pretty expensive in the long run.
We work 12 hr swing shifts with an ungodly turnover rate so the amount of mandatory overtime is insane. In the long run, there is no need trying to plan any time with family and or friends.
There is a lot of team leaders that do not respect or value the other employees. In some cases, they go as far as harassment of all types with no repercussions for there actions. Our human resource representative is no help to the employees. We can never get ahold of them for help or concerns, even after countless calls and voicemails. Overall, managment could use a compleate makeover!

To sum everything up, my coworkers on the floor are great and friendly. The work is not bad after you learn the job but of course you still have the normal ups and downs of any job but definitely not a good place to work if you have other options!
Pros
You get paid every two weeks
Cons
Not enough breaks, bad benefits, terrible management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAOctober 26, 2017
Long shifts... mostly 12+ hours. Two days on, two days off, three days on..etc. Equally every other weekend off. The job is face paced, and cut-throat. Management is helpful, but, mostly work independently.
Pros
always had a break
Poor Leadership sums it up
Manager (Former Employee) –  ProductionOctober 10, 2017
I worked there briefly because I was lucky enough to get another job offer and get out of there. People in leadership roles were vindictive and dishonest. Need to get rid of long term managers that affect the lives of the workforce. I was a manager and refused to work for people without integrity.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
poor management
October 20, 2017

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. One main focus of ours is that we pride ourself in integrity. Integrity guides every action and decision that we make. I would encourage you to reach out to the Sr. HR Director at Lake Forest so we can talk to you further about this matter.

Terrible place to work.
Operator B (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILSeptember 30, 2017
Management is awful. They don't care about anything but bodies. HR is clueless to rules and regulations. They will run good workers in the ground without hesitation. Would never recommend to work here. Stay far away from this place
Pros
Pays bills
Cons
Everything else
Cut-throat
Packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILSeptember 26, 2017
People at Reynold's will not say you are a hard worker and will blame you for their shortcomings. They will tell you and make you feel that you are worthless and replaceable.
October 20, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. RCP employees are critical to the success of our organization and we apologize that you did not feel this way.

stressfull work environment poor health coverage
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILAugust 22, 2017
not recommend stressful work environment long 12 hr days rotating shifts 30 days days 30 days nights every other weekend off poor management air conditioning only works in certain areas
August 28, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at Reynolds Consumer Products. A lot of our roles at our plants are fast paced and we agree that twelve hour shifts can be physically demanding. Reynolds Consumer Products offers comprehensive benefits packaging including standard medical benefits, 401K match, paid vacation and holidays, and life insurance.

Fast paced
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILAugust 17, 2017
It's Long hours but the money and benifits make it worth it.good benifits and my supervisor was awesome. 12 hour swing shifts are no fun or all the mandates.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
12 hour swing shifts
August 21, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. We are pleased to know you had an overall pleasant experience at Reynolds Consumer Products. A lot of our roles at our plants are fast paced and we agree that twelve hour shifts can be physically demanding.

Customer Account Rep
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 9, 2017
Today is my last day as an RCP Customer Account Rep. I have seen some amazing changes in the culture here. I am leaving behind my second family. There are some really amazing people that I worked with and I have built dozens of great professional relationships. There is a ton of talent and I am truly going to miss the people and job. Over the last year Management has become more transparent and has encouraged us to build a stronger team and to have fun. I decided to leave to pursue a life long dream but if it does not work out I would love to come back. My manager has been amazing. She has a ton of potential and she is the type of leader I would follow into "battle" any day. The job is not without its frustrations but its the same where ever you go. I would highly recommend working here as the company is growing and the leadership team has outstanding visions for the future.
Pros
great team, great management, Fun, frequent food days
Cons
the positives far out weigh any cons
August 14, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. We are pleased to know that you had a positive experience working with Reynolds Consumer Products. We wish you all the best for you future endeavors.

Surprisingly disappointing company
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 20, 2017
For such a large company with various locations they have a terrible training system in the office for new employees. They give you bare minimum for training and then you better be ready to know what you're doing. They have no real trainers or training program. They are not really interested in making sure you understand the job you will be doing. They don't have an adequate number of staff to handle the job, so the ones that are there are stretched thin. It's great that they are busy but without having a proper trainer the rest of the staff has barely anytime to help/train a new individual. You are left to train yourself somewhat on things. The management staff is far too disconnected from the work the actual employees do out on the floor.
The environment is like a morgue. They don't do a good job on making the workplace inviting or fun. No team camaraderie.
It's too bad they don't improve in these areas because if one really could understand the job it seems like an interesting industry that one could excel in. They do have some great staff but they seem overworked and some seem miserable.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Poor training, workplace is not inviting
July 25, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. We have recently rolled out a comprehensive on boarding plan with milestones to ensure that our new hires get the training and resources needed to be successful at Reynolds Consumer Products. We appreciate your feedback and will work with our Appleton location to ensure they are preparing and working through effective on boarding plans with our new hires.

interesting
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJuly 3, 2017
working in the lab at reynolds was really fun and interesting. i enjoyed seeing how things are made and being part of a structured environment that in turn provides to something much bigger than lab tests.
Pros
great people, great co workers
Cons
trapped in a small room all day
July 10, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. We are pleased to know that you have had a positive experience working at Reynolds Consumer Products.

You get used to it..
Floor Support (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJuly 3, 2017
Fast paced work field. On your feet for 12 hours on work days. Extremely Noisy. Wouldn't recommend for the weak. I, myself, kind of enjoyed working there, but school had got in my way and I wouldn't be able to pull those shifts and go to school.
Pros
Frequent Breaks
Cons
12 hours on your feet, hot, noisy
July 10, 2017

Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate you leaving a response and wish you well in school. A lot of our roles at our plants are fast paced and we agree that twelve hours can be physically demanding.

find a portable bed because your going to live in that place.
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 17, 2017
play is good but the work/life balance isn't. it seems that most of the time the management and employees are on two different pages. and the union is complete joke.
Pros
pay wage
Cons
everything else
Ignorant lazy work place
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 14, 2017
The management is absolutely the worst kind of leadership. Toxic doesn't begin to describe the atmosphere. It is a true us vs. them mentality from the floor to the plant manager. Human resources is truly the tale waging the dog takes on a whole different meaning at Reynolds. If one doesn't appease the head of human resources, you can bet that they'll find a way to end your career. Without any remorse, that's for sure.
Pros
Good teamates
Cons
HR and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reynolds Consumer Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7