Reynolds School District Employee Reviews

Not enough hours
Spanish Simultaneous Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Fairview and TroutdaleSeptember 13, 2017
I love working for Reynolds School district but the problem is that they only hired on call interpreters. I was never hired as a full time interpreter. I would get call sometimes every week and sometimes no calls for several weeks.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
Not full time
Reynolds Cares More about Cash than Children
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 16, 2017
Year after year, necessary staff are cut while admin continue to give themselves raises. This leaves staff stressed and overworked while trying to focus on students.
Different schools allows for different environments and cultures- however, no matter where you are in the district there are frustrations, lack of communication and job security is held hostage in order to cut corners.
Pros
Working with children and sometimes wonderful peers.
Cons
Unstable positions, low compensation, poor management with high-turnover
Disappointing
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORMay 29, 2017
I found my experience in Reynolds to be extremely challenging, both because of the intense needs of the student bodies, but also because of the demands of administration, which too often seemed out of touch with the realities of classroom dynamics.
Pros
Great colleagues, good pay
Cons
Too many indifferent students, teachers held to varying standards
If you love kids it's a great job
Bus Driver. (Current Employee) –  Troutdale, ORMarch 29, 2017
A good place to work . I've learned to deal with all types of people. Split shifts. Atypical day am and pm routes. Extra work if one is willing. Top pay is good
Pros
Insurance for 4 hr employees
Cons
Micro management
A great place to work and grow professionally
ELD Teacher, Elementary (Current Employee) –  Troutdale, ORMay 22, 2016
I have worked for the last 3 years as a tutor, teacher and art instructor with the after school SUN program. I found that in all areas and levels of instruction, there is a high degree of professionalism, level of commitment to student success, and perserverence for the best needs of the children attending.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping children make connections with art as a medium of self-expression, creativity, and enhanced learning success. The hardest part of the job is currently having enough time to meet and collaborate with colleagues, due to working with 12 teachers on 2 sites on any given day.
Pros
Professional colleagiality
Cons
Time factor for collaboration
Love my job- wish to serve just one school
Art Teacher K-5 (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORApril 17, 2016
Excellent to serve the community I work in. Just wish I could work for one school instead of 4, and have my own classroom! I am happy to teach Art to kids and enjoy camaraderie with peers, but long to have more established relationships and feel that I belong to a community.
Great School District
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 1, 2016
This is a great district to work for. Our Special Education Team at Reynolds is excellent and a pleasure to work for. It is pleasure to work with the great staff.
Poorly managed
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 23, 2015
My experience in RSD included admins who avoided acknowledging problems and/or bullied teachers, incredibly challenging students, and a strike
Excellent work environment, Terrible/Corrupt Administration
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Portland, OregonNovember 4, 2014
Like any other school district, Reynolds puts you into the fray of teachers and students alike. the work environment if what you make out of it. That being said, expect the administration to try and get away with paying you as little as possible, even if that means interpreting your contract their own way.
Pros
mostly friendly staff, breaks, sometimes free lunch
Cons
demanding staff, corrupt admin, low pay
Fun people to work with
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Fairview, ORJuly 24, 2014
I drive special needs children to and from school and various outings. Children are under my constant supervision and entrusted in my care.
Great palce to learn and teach kids.
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairview, ORDecember 18, 2012
A normal day would start out with morning duties, such as bus drop off area. The day continues with greeting children in the class and begining the day. I would euthier work one on one with teachers students or test.End of the day would end with afternoon duities such as walking kids to their buses.
Pros
taking oride in teaching
Cons
pay was once a month