REYNOLDS AND REYNOLDS

REYNOLDS AND REYNOLDS Employer Reviews

Micromanaging Managers who don't understand the markets the manage
Integrated Document Solutions Consultant (Former Employee), PittsburghApril 3, 2014
A horrible place to work. I would only recommend this company to anyone that was in great need for employment. The training curriculum is top notch, though you have to travel to company headquarters in Dayton OH.
Great Environment
Recruiting Intern (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 22, 2014
I have enjoyed my internship with Reynolds and Reynolds greatly. I have been most impressed with the positive work environment and the people who work there--all are friendly, helpful and professional.
Went from a career to just a job
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: i had the same sales team for12 years so we worked well together
Cons: all new culture, commepletely diferent to what it was
When I first started with this company it was the greatest place to work. It was more of a family than a job. Everyone helped everyone else out and there was little jealousy about who got a promotion. It was bought out and the culture was so different, most people couldn't handle it and left. It became a job not a career or a family oriented place.
I – more... managed a virtual sales team in the NY/ NJ metro area and also had a team of telemarketing personnel as well. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all of the rule changes and dealing with customers who didn't like the new ownership. – less
Great company and people to work for
Factory Worker (Former Employee), celina, OhioFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: job security, and income
Cons: na
packaged/shipped finished products, ran a hot stamp press where we made license plates for car dealerships. I also helped catch for a rotary press. My co-workers were always helpful and positive. The managers answered all of our questions to the best of their ability
Good people and culture, poor management and advancement.
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good social atmosphere.
Cons: salary, management, advancement.
No chance of moving up in certain departments. Low salaries. Antiquated policies.
Enjoyed position company bought out and sent job to Texas
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: many.
Cons: not really any enjoyed my employment.
I enjoyed working for Reynolds & Reynolds worked for the company 23 years. I would still be with them if company had not been bought out and moved my position to Texas. I was not able to move due to upcoming marriage at the time with new wife and step son could not leave Ohio due to shared custody.
Great place to build your career
Field Engineer Technical Trainer (Current Employee), College Station, TXDecember 17, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere and steady
Cons: can be stressful at times
Entry level positions with teams ready and available to help lead you to success.
Corporate environment with a large customer base, great products and a focus on wellness.
Supervisor / Technical Writer / Hardware Analyst (Former Employee), Kettering, OHAugust 5, 2013
Pros: great cafeteria, onsite workout facility, excellent campus, great work environment
Cons: benefits, pay scale
As a supervisor, responsible for maintaining service level, creating reports, managing special projects, new hire training and employee development. My co-workers are the best and are typically willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. The hardest part about the job is not being in control of how others receive and adapt to change. The best – more... part about the job is helping others achieve their best. – less
Productive but a waste
Lead Consumer Marketing Database Analyst (Current Employee), Houston,TxJuly 11, 2013
Its good if all you want i s entry level job, management does care about anything other than the profit they can make off of you. you are a under valued number
Pretty much how I envision Azkaban
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 10, 2013
Pros: nice coworkers, onsite nursing and gym, nice campus
Cons: pay is on the low end, hyper right wing management, dementors
Company executives know your name and your coworkers are likely very nice. There are many after work activities including tennis, volleyball, and softball. The company is fully vested in your 401k after 2 years.

The company, in recent years, has put a large emphasis on marketing and sales at the expense of product development and support. In short, – more... they lie to customers to sell a product that does not function as advertised while not providing the technical support team with enough manpower or documentation to adequately assist the customer. Middle management seems hampered to fix any real problem in the system while executives refuse to acknowledge that they are not working in Shangri La.

A typical day would start by showing up ten minutes early so that you can be logged in to your system by your normal start time. Phone calls would occur as soon as you become available due to the under-staffing of the team. The phone would continue to ring until lunch, then the process would repeat until your shift was over.

It is highly likely that you will learn empathy for frustrated customers and the ability to not be phased by anger.

The management are decent people that understand what their underlings are going through, but understand that there is no way to fix anything.

Your co-workers will likely be fresh out of college and looking for better jobs. There is a high turnover rate.

The hardest part of the job is seeing a multitude of ways that things could be fixed, but knowing that they will remain as is. – less
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Kettering, OHJune 12, 2013
This job i went into as a temporary position, not wanting to make housekeeping my career, it was nice while taking classes at Sinclair, they worked around scheduling. I was hoping to move around in the company but that didnt develope
Look some where else.
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Kettering, OHJune 11, 2013
Pros: none come to mind.
Cons: everything ...
The Reynolds and Reynolds Company was a fantastic place to work. However, the current environment is oppressive. The owner expects long hours for minimal compensation.

Salaries were cut, experienced employees were let go. There just not enough experience left to be a strong company.
Inapropriate and disrespectful
Laser Team Technician (Former Employee), College Station, TXMay 18, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: the company and its values
my coworkers described it as a black hole. A monkey could work there.
Good job to gain sales experience and skills
Integrated Document Solutions Sales Rep (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 16, 2013
Pros: company car, cell phone, laptop
Cons: no set schedule or set duties everyday
A typical day at work is getting in the car and driving to multiple car dealerships in an assigned territory to speak to different department heads, take inventory of the products they use, and try to sell other products.
I learned how to interact with a wide array of personalities.
The hardest part of the job is going into places not knowing if your – more... going to see the contact and not knowing if you will get business from them.
The most enjoyable part is being able to make your own schedule and having the luxury of planning your days accordingly. – less
Employees Are Expendable Assets
Part Time Employee (Current Employee), College Station, TXMay 9, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: bad managment, low pay, poor benefits, restrictive rules, etc. etc. etc.
This company is all about exploiting employees to the best of their ability. Their entire employment model is designed around this premise from hiring inexperienced workers at low wages, to promotions without pay increases, to tracking benefit payouts to reduce costs, to not providing any references. They have an entrenched "good ol' boy" management – more... class that limits career advancement. Overall, this is horrible place to have career. – less
Always learning new products.
Technical Support Analyst Tier I and II (Current Employee), DaytonMarch 13, 2013
Phone computer support thru remoite Connection. Enjoy interaction with customer base.
Very Restrictive
Member of the Technical Assistance Center (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 14, 2012
Pros: employment in a time when it is sometimes hard to come by
Cons: no pay raises for anyone since 2006. work taken away to others.
The company was purchased by a competitor in 2006.
Results and status quo were maintained by fead and intimidation.
People are seen as an ends to a means and everyone is made aware that each day could easily be your last day.
great enviroment fun coworkers
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Macon, GAOctober 10, 2012
great support and boss very educational learned all aspects of shipping and recieving
Unethical
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 29, 2012
Terrible place to work. They lie to their clients by twisting facts, omitting information and telling half truths. Very deceitful. No room for advancement other than managing, low pay. People to them are a dime a dozen. Extremely high employee turnover.
Administrator (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 21, 2012
Pros: short breaks, exercise facilities
Cons: healthcare
Really enjoyed working with my co-workers, we each had our own jobs but also worked together on different projects. Depending on whether we had projects. Provided customer service for internal and external sales force requests. I created deal jackets for the Sales staff within a limited time frame. I would critiqued contracts and leases for accuracy, – more... copied approved contracts and leases. I would research the file system for orders and leases and maintained document filing system. Management were excellent people to work with, I didn't find any part of the job hard, to me it was fun to do. I enjoyed all parts of my job because it was multi-tasking – less

About REYNOLDS AND REYNOLDS

Auto dealers might want to test drive enterprise software from The Reynolds and Reynolds Company. Reynolds provides software and – Read more