Reynoldsburg City Schools Employee Reviews

The pay is not adequate
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 23, 2018
Administration is an obstacle to doing your job. Students are great. There are a lot of challenges working in a public school but the administration made it unnecessarily difficult.
Stressful
Assistant Principal (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHAugust 4, 2017
In Reynoldsburg, the climate and culture were two faced and was not an environment that promoted professional growth. The staff and worked and hard and the students were a challenge. However, not having Principal support made this a difficult place to be successful.
Productive, ever changing, multi tasking all the time, rewarding
Project Coordinator to Innovation Director (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHDecember 18, 2015
I work in the office of Innovation at Reynoldsburg City Schools working with the STEM Schools and the Director of STEM and the Office of Innovation. I am the Project Coordinator/Program Coordinator. My position involves taking care of her schedule and scheduling for her, Processing requisitions and purchases orders, Doing all the ordering for anything we have going on. Setting up meetings/workshops/events for the office. Coordinating Grants purchases. Making sure Grant contracts are in compliance. Working with Partners in the district on meetings and grants programs. Working with teachers, principals on ongoing projects. Taking care of school tours for the district with outside districts who want to see how Reynoldsburg teaches STEM Classes and implements STEM in the classroom. It is always something new everyday, very fast paced, one project after another, lots of hats to juggle all the time but very rewarding when you get to see it all come to play in the eyes of the students when the programs all come together.
Pros
Great Boss, work on my own, flexible hours
Cons
Not full time, contract help, no benefits, never knowing if you are going to be there next year
Nice place to work and live.
Director of Transportation (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHMay 1, 2015
Spent 7 years fighting for successful school levy campaigns. When failures occurred my staff was cut and my hour increased. And my pay decreased. I decided to leave for better quality of life.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
12-16 hours per day work routine
The staff and students are amazing.
Media Specialist/School Librarian (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHApril 11, 2015
I have enjoyed working with students and teachers in Reynoldsburg but the tension in the district (after the recent strike) is sometimes overwhelming. Your position and FT status can be changed at any time (even mid-school year) which provides a lot of uncertainty in your personal life. The culture needs to be improved for employees to be their best. Moral is affected by the current culture.
Pros
Staff is supportive of one another. Students are interested in learning.
Cons
Job Insecurity, low wages with no increases, hours of work expected with no compensation given.
Positive attitude, forward thinking
Replacement/Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Renoldsburg OHNovember 19, 2014
.Good work environment, strong technology base, open management
Established healthy director-student relationships
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Oversaw all aspects of pre-tripping the bus before student pick up.
Ensured students arrive to and from school in a safe and timely manner.
Communicated with students, parents and administrators.
Maintained control of student behavior and enforce safety regulations
Arrived at extra-curricular activities on time, ensure chaperones were assigned, and have appropriate directions to desired destination
Completed Mechanical Reports
Completed Student Misconduct Reports
Completed Weekly Time Sheets
Checked Daily Field Trip Requests
Good fun place envirnment
Desktop Technician (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHDecember 1, 2013
Starting every day with working on trouble tickets for staff and faculty.
Working with co-workers on small and large projects for school districts. The fun part of job is when I get a issues resolved there is fulfilling feeling that I get from faculty on how happy they are their issues has been resolved.
Pros
great benefits and fun environment to work
Cons
My commute to work its long
Productive and supportive workplace.
Paraprofessional Aide (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHSeptember 22, 2013
I love my job at Reynoldsburg, but my position is being cut due to low student numbers (withdrawals in past few weeks).
Pros
Productive, close-knit staff. Management is supportive in all situations.
What I learned
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHSeptember 21, 2013
Working for this district allowed me to gain a wealth of knowledge in the education world.