RF Micro Devices Employee Reviews in United States

Very relaxed dress code and culture
Automated Testing Support Technition (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 17, 2014
Great place to work under a lot of change right now however. I have learned a lot about RF technology which we often take for granted but is in all of our phones and computing devices. The co-workers are for the most part introverts so you do not have to worry about a lot of outside conversation usually. the problems that you will encounter are for the most part untraveled area that you are pioneering for your company which means there are limited resources to solve the problems if you are new to the terms and way things work.
Pros
donuts and treats from time to time
Cons
job security
very clean
Wafer Fab Operator Expert (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 12, 2013
Good clean place but doesn.t allow advancement for growth. And is not a secure job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no job security
Great
Bay Lead/RF-Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 5, 2012
Typical day, going to the job early to see what went on that day, learned a lot about dyes management Great not holding back andy information needed, Co-workers Great the hardest part of the job people not listening while training , Meeting my friends and doing a job of an 150%
Pros
money
Cons
to many gases
Very Fair supervision team. Job was better at the start of the company, and has become far less personable as the company has grown
Sr. Specialist Expert (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 1, 2015
Company has gone from a "we work together" attitude to a "you work for me" attitude among the higher ups. There have been 3 layoffs, and though the workforce has dwindled the managers won't hire replacements, causing a high stress work environment..
Pros
ease of getting time off and overtime as needed.
Cons
workforce has dwindled but managers will not hire replacement workers to fill open spaces, causeing high stress.
Besides the 12hr shifts one of the better companies that I have been employed with, Would return if possiable, a great upper managment staff,
Wafer Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 25, 2012
A typical day:?? Was to be flexible and multitaskable..

What I learned:?? The ability to be utilize to learn different application in multiple departments, To operate various expensive sophisticated top of the art tools..

Management:?? The ability to utilize all tools for maximum production out-put..

My co-workers:?? Where some of the most respectful, concerning, knowledgeable/helpful. Individual that I have ever worked with. I was privileged to work with multi-ethnics of people..

The hardest part of the job:?? I would say ("challenged" than hard) That the operation ran 24/7 the consistent change in application work instructions.That the process tolls are constantly being used. Inconsistency of quality and productivity out-put. That the "product" was so thin an very fragile. That it was very unforgiving when mishandle..

The most enjoyable part of the job:?? To be apart of a successful product of quality. Being achieved in the United States from start to finished. And used around the world.Giving a honestly day of work to a company. And going to a peaceful home...
Pros
ould
Cons
employees that respect companies property, healty empolyess, empolyess that will go above and beyond the call of duty..
Great place to work.
RF Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 13, 2014
Excellent work enviroment, great benefits.

Started as a temporary employee and was offered a job working in the Preventive Maintenance Department.

Applied to a internal job as a Engineering Technician a couple years later.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Energenic workplace. Everyone is willing to lend a hand to win.
Sr. Sales Manager - Partner Accounts (Current Employee) –  San Jose CAAugust 27, 2012
Management likes to be a part of every decision no matter how small. This can be a positive or a negative.
Pros
flexible workplace
Cons
lack of stock options
Great place to work.
Senior Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 23, 2014
I worked the rotating 12 hour shift at the wafer fab. I grew as maintenance technician and worked with many great people. I enjoyed my time there. I was laid off in 2013.
Pros
good pay, great benefits, great enviroment.
Cons
layoffs
productive fun workplace
Wafer Fab Operator/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 26, 2014
fun workplace and positions are easy to learn, job security is unstable
Pros
clean environment
Cons
no accommodations for bad weather
Great place to learn.
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 30, 2013
One of the best aspects about work at RF Micro is that one is surrounded by a lot of brilliant people. I was fortunate to work with people in multiple departments and learned a lot about that business. The hard part was getting project time with very busy people. Both my manager and his manager also went through a reduction in force, so it hard to say what current environment is like.

I would like to work there again.
Pros
being surrounded by many sharp people.
Cons
the economic swings means periodic downturns
Manufacturing Position
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 25, 2014
Busy at times, not a bad place to work at though. Great benefits and vacation.
Very productive and great leadership
Wafer Fab Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2014
Product and a good learning environment. I make the panel inside cell phone and other electronics. The hardest part of the job is waiting on the panel to come down to me so that I can finish the step I need to do. My co-workers makes it easy when everyone works together.
Good experience working with an industry leader in RF/Microwave.
SR. MGR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 23, 2014
Working at RFMD has been a very good experience. Turnover has been pretty high though due to frequent reorganizations. I have really enjoyed my co-workers and the opportunity to work with the leading aerospace & defense companies in around the world.
Enough room for advancement.
Wafer Fab Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 22, 2014
I work a twelve hour night shift where I test electronic chips before they are installed into cell phones. My co-workers make my job fun and interesting while still being able to have a productive night. The hardest part of my job is having to stand in one place for hours at the time.
SENIOR MASK DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 14, 2013
(Designed Micro-Switches and Chips for the cell phone Industry)
Major Accomplishment: Reduced the final preproduction process time of R&D wafers from 2 weeks to 2 days by compiling data then reorganizing into a more efficient use of space, streamlining the methodology.
wonderful place to work, most amazing coworkers !
senior assembler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 2, 2012
Rf Micro Devices is a great place to work, treat their employees very good, the coworkers are very helpful and friendly, great work inviroment
Pros
great work inviroment
Upper management Rule
Engineering Technician Prototype / Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, Co.April 30, 2013
I did not have a good experience at RF Micro Devices. Did not recognize my talents nor wanted to use them to there benefit
Pros
time off
people are great but management is stuck
Senior Manager Corporate Strategic Marketing (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2012
lots of turnover, competition is taking marketshare, leadership change required to compete
Productive workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 7, 2014
A lot to learn.
Resource overload does not leave a lot of time to interact with co-worker. The risk is that quality can be impacted
great place to work.
Tape and Reel Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 6, 2014
I enjoyed working at this company, there was nothing hard about the job.
Pros
great place to work

4.2