RF Micro Devices

RF Micro Devices Employee Reviews

Very Fair supervision team. Job was better at the start of the company, and has become far less personable as the company has grown
Sr. Specialist Expert (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: ease of getting time off and overtime as needed.
Cons: workforce has dwindled but managers will not hire replacement workers to fill open spaces, causeing high stress.
Company has gone from a "we work together" attitude to a "you work for me" attitude among the higher ups. There have been 3 layoffs, and though the workforce has dwindled the managers won't hire replacements, causing a high stress work environment..
Very productive and great leadership
Wafer Fab Operator (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2014
Product and a good learning environment. I make the panel inside cell phone and other electronics. The hardest part of the job is waiting on the panel to come down to me so that I can finish the step I need to do. My co-workers makes it easy when everyone works together.
Very relaxed dress code and culture
Automated Testing Support Technition (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: donuts and treats from time to time
Cons: job security
Great place to work under a lot of change right now however. I have learned a lot about RF technology which we often take for granted but is in all of our phones and computing devices. The co-workers are for the most part introverts so you do not have to worry about a lot of outside conversation usually. the problems that you will encounter are for the most part untraveled area that you are pioneering for your company which means there are limited resources to solve the problems if you are new to the terms and way things work.
productive fun workplace
Wafer Fab Operator/Inspector (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 26, 2014
Pros: clean environment
Cons: no accommodations for bad weather
fun workplace and positions are easy to learn, job security is unstable
Good experience working with an industry leader in RF/Microwave.
SR. MGR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee), Broomfield, COAugust 23, 2014
Working at RFMD has been a very good experience. Turnover has been pretty high though due to frequent reorganizations. I have really enjoyed my co-workers and the opportunity to work with the leading aerospace & defense companies in around the world.
Enough room for advancement.
Wafer Fab Operator (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 22, 2014
I work a twelve hour night shift where I test electronic chips before they are installed into cell phones. My co-workers make my job fun and interesting while still being able to have a productive night. The hardest part of my job is having to stand in one place for hours at the time.
Manufacturing Position
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 25, 2014
Busy at times, not a bad place to work at though. Great benefits and vacation.
Textiles, Production
Lead Fab Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 24, 2014
I really miss working here. A great group of people, smaller company, fast paced production.
Hardworking and Productive person
Sr. Material Handler (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 24, 2014
Start with the prototype and see which ones need to be de-issued and send the parts to the correct location.
Start getting the production rejects together and separated for the warehouse drivers to pick up. Long term hold and 2 week hold
Check the production cart in location 0001 and look at TCS for any orders. If any orders are in the system, go ahead and start filling the orders and sending them to the test floor or over to Fab1.
Assisting Sandra Walker with any issues that she may bring to my attention from the test floor.
Sometime between 0830 & 0930, unloading DHL, FedEx and UPS. Scanning each package and getting track of it to turn into Tony Judd at the end of the month for box count.
Start separating the Plant 1000 & 1005 parts. Arrange by part number and by lot numbers if per lots.
Once separated, I will start receiving in the part into SAP, using ZGRU or ZGRA.
If there are any orders out there as I am receiving parts in I will fill the order and get them to the correct location.
Receive in all miscellaneous packages into MIGO.
Answering the bell whenever it rings and signing for other packages that may come in throughout the day.
Deliver all the Prototype parts and miscellaneous packages to the correct planners or individuals.
Assist Jeanette Pickard whenever she may have an issue concerning Prototype.
Transfer production parts from location 0002, 0003 to 0001
Transfer prototype parts from whatever location they may have them in to the location needed to issue parts out.
Keeping the area clean and safe.
Breaking down all the boxes that come in and taking them to the – more... recycle dumpsters outside.
Transferring prototype parts to MS01 location when needed so that driver can pick up and deliver.
Usually take lunch between 1400 and return at 1500.
Look for missing parts that test floor may not be able to find throughout the day.
Keeping the loading dock as clean and passable as possible.
Making inventory labels for parts that may come in from the vendor that does not have labels on them. – less
Productive workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 7, 2014
A lot to learn.
Resource overload does not leave a lot of time to interact with co-worker. The risk is that quality can be impacted
Great place to work.
RF Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Excellent work enviroment, great benefits.

Started as a temporary employee and was offered a job working in the Preventive Maintenance Department.

Applied to a internal job as a Engineering Technician a couple years later.
great place to work.
Tape and Reel Senior Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great place to work
I enjoyed working at this company, there was nothing hard about the job.
Great place to work.
Senior Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good pay, great benefits, great enviroment.
Cons: layoffs
I worked the rotating 12 hour shift at the wafer fab. I grew as maintenance technician and worked with many great people. I enjoyed my time there. I was laid off in 2013.
very clean
Wafer Fab Operator Expert (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no job security
Good clean place but doesn.t allow advancement for growth. And is not a secure job.
Great place to learn.
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 30, 2013
Pros: being surrounded by many sharp people.
Cons: the economic swings means periodic downturns
One of the best aspects about work at RF Micro is that one is surrounded by a lot of brilliant people. I was fortunate to work with people in multiple departments and learned a lot about that business. The hard part was getting project time with very busy people. Both my manager and his manager also went through a reduction in force, so it hard to say what current environment is like.

I would like to work there again.
Great Experience
Repair and Maintenance - Intern (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 1, 2013
Work with my school schedule. Increased my responsibility as I was taught new PM and repairs.
Upper management Rule
Engineering Technician Prototype / Manufacturing (Former Employee), Broomfield, Co.April 30, 2013
Pros: time off
I did not have a good experience at RF Micro Devices. Did not recognize my talents nor wanted to use them to there benefit
SENIOR MASK DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 14, 2013
(Designed Micro-Switches and Chips for the cell phone Industry)
Major Accomplishment: Reduced the final preproduction process time of R&D wafers from 2 weeks to 2 days by compiling data then reorganizing into a more efficient use of space, streamlining the methodology.
Energenic workplace. Everyone is willing to lend a hand to win.
Sr. Sales Manager - Partner Accounts (Current Employee), San Jose CAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: flexible workplace
Cons: lack of stock options
Management likes to be a part of every decision no matter how small. This can be a positive or a negative.
Besides the 12hr shifts one of the better companies that I have been employed with, Would return if possiable, a great upper managment staff,
Wafer Fab Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 25, 2012
Pros: ould
Cons: employees that respect companies property, healty empolyess, empolyess that will go above and beyond the call of duty..
A typical day:?? Was to be flexible and multitaskable..

What I learned:?? The ability to be utilize to learn different application in multiple departments, To operate various expensive sophisticated top of the art tools..

Management:?? The ability to utilize all tools for maximum production out-put..

My co-workers:?? Where some of the most respectful, concerning, knowledgeable/helpful. Individual that I have ever worked with. I was privileged to work with multi-ethnics of people..

The hardest part of the job:?? I would say ("challenged" than hard) That the operation ran 24/7 the consistent change in application work instructions.That the process tolls are constantly being used. Inconsistency of quality and productivity out-put. That the "product" was so thin an very fragile. That it was very unforgiving when mishandle..

The most enjoyable part of the job:?? To be apart of a successful product of quality. Being achieved in the United States from start to finished. And used around the world.Giving a honestly day of work to a company. And going to a peaceful home...

About RF Micro Devices

RF Micro Devices was raised on radio -- high-performance radio-frequency (RF) components, that is. RFMD makes a variety of RF – Read more