RF Technologies Employee Reviews

Recent Management Changes
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Like the industry and overall like the product. Started 2017 with a significant change in the compensation program. Reasonable work-life balance; significant issues in getting quotes to customers which may impede reaching quote unless it is permanently fixed
Relaxed Environment With Good People
Technical Support Intern (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 7, 2016
A typical day at work is sitting at a computer answering calls about RFT products where something needs to be fixed, customers need help with our computer software or fill out tickets to have a service tech physically go out to the customer's site or send in products that are still under warranty but are not working properly.
Pros
Pot lucks at least once a month, Good people, Fun place to work.
Cons
Not sure how to move up in the business from Tech Support, every day is basically the same, a lot of down time.
It had a place where you could walk and work out
SHIPPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed what I did at RF Technologies, and my immediate coworkers were great. We all worked as a team to satisfy our customers. It was a fast paced job, but you had to be accurate at pulling parts. the hardest part of the job was getting last minute orders.
Pros
extra two ten minute breaks
Cons
like any other job, lay offs
RFT journey
Field Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 1, 2016
I had been with RF for a year and a half. I learned a lot in that time. I started as the IT intern. Then moved to technical Support where I used my skills leaned in networking and continued customer service in a call center environment. Lastly I moved to an Application Field Technician where is specialized in WiFi coverage, server configuration, and database creation/ maintenance/ manipulation. I really enjoyed the time I spent there.
Fantastic team spirit
NATIONAL SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 21, 2015
Long tenured, experienced and extremely friendly support group at corporate office. A typical week consisted of a day of corporate reviews/meetings usually via conference calls, travel with Regional Sales Managers to visit customers, provide coaching and support to close deals (3+ days), wrap up the week with individual and team calls with RSM's and internal sales support team covering project developments and forecast updates. The most challenging part of the role was coordinating all departments involved in the post sales process [order processing/financial checks/production/shipping/install] in a timely manner to achieve customers delivery and install expectations. Travelling throughout the US with colleagues and meeting a very wide array of customers was thoroughly enjoyable but meeting and exceeding sales goals on a monthly and quarterly basis was my lifeblood. Being exposed to various market segments [Healthcare/Security/Hospitality/Education] was a great learning opportunity for me personally enabling me to be more versatile throughout the rest of my career.
Pros
Experienced support team
Cons
Post sales processes
Manage the day-to-day operations of the field service business unit.
National Service Director (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 15, 2015
Strong technologies and a fun place to work.

Software and hardware to protect newborns in hospitals and long term residents from envelopment and nurse call systems.
Very specified job details
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  BROOKFIELD,WI 53005July 29, 2014
I enjoyed working there, a very casual and flexible atmosphere.
Pros
got to go to lunch with my friend
Cons
No customer service contact face to face
High Turnover
Account Executive Long Term Care (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 14, 2013
I worked here 3 years and the turnover was terrible of the 120 - 150 employees that were there 50 were gone for various reasons during my tenure

Ownership seemed to hire new executive staff yearly and clean ho
Pros
local company
Cons
salary changes and commission payments
A technical challenge on a regular basis
Field Service Technician, Educator (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 5, 2013
With my current employer, my days are hardly typical. I am generally traveling throughout my region and occasionally the nation to work on multiple technologies through multiple platforms has been both challenging and rewarding. I have taken my acquired experience and have applied it to a role as an educator in the Product Support Department in addition to my Field Service responsibilities.

The hardest part of my job is the travel. It is for a true road warrior. And being in the field makes career advancement extremely difficult.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with great people, both customers and coworkers. My counterparts in the field and at the home office are both knowledgeable and very skilled. I also enjoy the new technology my company regularly rolls out. The Engineering Department is very skilled.
Pros
Consistantly improving technology, colleagues, fair compensation.
Cons
Too much travel, little opportunity for advancement.