RGIS Inventory Specialists
1,362 reviews

RGIS Inventory Specialists Employee Reviews

Fun Fast Work Environment
INVENTORY AUDITOR (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 29, 2015
Its a fun fast paced job. I learn the 10 key system and the management and co-workers were very pleasant. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the pace. The most enjoyable part of the are the friendly co-workers.
fun energetic work environment
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 29, 2015
caring positive loving company the company offers many employment advancements. They are flexible and works around your schedule
Not a very good place
Area Manager (Former Employee), ShreveportJuly 27, 2015
The employees weren't very professional. You work long hours and then management gets mad when you want to take off. It's ok if you are just an inventory taker but being in management was not an enjoyable experience.
This is the worst company I have ever worked for.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Pretty decent coworkers
Cons: The worst company ever
Dist. 478 (Myrtle Beach) management is incompetent, dishonest, they have no idea what the actual inventory takers or team leaders have to do. Being a team leader, I am constantly understaffed due to scheduling. A bad manager can ruin a company and that's what the DM is doing to this district. Find a different job. Horrible management, dishonest team leaders and higher management. They rob the company by way of 908's and travel logs. Favoritism is rampant. You do not get rewarded for hard work, you are rewarded when you are a favorite of the management.
Nice Atmosphere, Travel Compensation
Specialist (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly Environment
Cons: Limited Hours
Overall RGIS Inventory Specialist was a great place to work and the staff are very professional and fun. Limited people to train you ,its kind of a learn by seeing environment. 3 to 4 hours per shift so it is very flexible. I would definitely work their again if I needed a second job.
it isn't a very family friendly place to work.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJuly 23, 2015
I don't feel they care about their employees. One plus side about this job is their are lots of hours if you want them. The hardest part is just keeping up with the pace.
great part time job
Office Manger (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2015
I started as a part time inventory taker after my youngest child was born. They really worked with me and the night shifts worked for my life. I became a team leader after a few months and then moved up to Associate Area Manager, Area Manager and now office Manager
Good hours
Auditor (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXJuly 23, 2015
This job can help you as far as paying your bills, you work different hours but you will also go to different stores that you never been to. I worked here for 5 years and I counted some stores that were expensive. If you need a job were you can work and make a lot of money go to this job.
great challenging job, miss it.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Long hours
Cons: they went out of business
Was a floral manger and traveled t many stores to assist in new store openings and did purchasing of product . liked meeting people.
Good place to meet knew people
Inventory Taker (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Meet new people, go different places
Cons: They take your availability for granted
It is a good side job, but personal life or anything else other than the job is not taken into consideration. I enjoyed the people i worked with from different districts and within, and I was able to learn a new skill.
Fun times and hard work
Expert Level Counter (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Free Hotels, Meal Pay, Bonuses
Cons: Traveling, Stay On The Road, Early Starts
All hand eye coordination. Counting and dealing with numbers. What can you see and count without touching or what you can type on the machines without looking. You also had to have people skills and some sense of customer service.
counting, recounting making sure the store was balanced.
Inventory Specialist/Team Lead (Former Employee), Bettendorf, IAJuly 20, 2015
Busy day consist of counting my department. double checking my helpers. once all is balance in the front of the store. then had to go to the back and count the stores merchandise there. check the balance of what you had and the store had. make sure everything is balanced. I guess I like this job most because i was working with numbers to reach a common goal at the end of the day.
Good exp. and got to see new places
auditor (Former Employee), FresnoJuly 20, 2015
Fast pace counting, with a great team to work with. Enjoyable environment, summer and heat killed, but manageable. Leaders did well in taking charge.
Part Time Only
Team Leader (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Working in different stores
Cons: Part time, no benefits, hard to advance to full time (assistant manager)
This job is part time only pays almost minimum wage but can get raises base of counting skills and scanning. No benefits and long periods of times on your knees which will get to you over time.
Fast paced but no guaranteed work
Inventory Team Leader (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJuly 14, 2015
I enjoyed the work I did and my customers. The job had hours that were all over the place. One week you would work 60 hours and the next week you may not work at all. And the pay rate was never steady. You made so much if you were doing one thing, less if you were doing another, more if you ran an inventory.
Good company
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
Good company with stability and flexibility the management is also very easy to get along with. Also the pay is good and can sometimes be a fun environment to work in.
Productive place with some benefits
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 13, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not very good healthcare, short hours
It was a very flexible job, but did not have enough hours for me. I don't like working once maybe twice a week. It just seems like you are waiting to work sometimes.
If you need extra money, cool. Do not apply if you need a career.
District Manager (Former Employee), Annandale, VAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: 30 minute breaks for long inventories
Cons: Constant travelling, no real set schedule
Overall, RGIS is the world leader in inventory services. Wal-Mart, Sears, Macy's, Home Depot, Target, etc.... Almost all the major chains are inventoried by RGIS. Now, the one thing I will say about RGIS, the will promote anyone who is willing to work hard, even if you can not count. Now you may say, 'Hey, they promoted you. What's the deal?' Yeah, I was a District Manager. I ran 'Big Box' store inventories, but the constant banging of finish on time, use less counters, and do more inventories in a week, that was too much sometimes. The normal shelf-life of a District Manager was about 6-7 years. Now, there were some who had been with the company for decades, but most of them were 'lifers.' If you go for this company, be prepared to work extremely odd hours and travel all across the state where you live.
Have to be at the top
Auditor (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VirginiaJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedual
Cons: no benifits, favortism
I got the auditor job at RGIS last May as a summer job. The best thing about it was how quickly you could learn how to do it. One of the worst parts of the job is the team relationship. I had a team leader accidentally delete my data and it hurt my score. As far as management goes, when I tried to get back onto the schedule after I finished a semester of schooling I got the run around.
Good job to have if you want part-time work
Team Leader/Trainer (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 9, 2015
Typical day at work is going into a store and counting. What I learned is how to do interviews and training. My co-workers are good people. The hardest part about this job are the hours. You either work very early in the morning or you get home very late at night.

1 2 3 4 5

$9.01 per hour
Inventory Specialist
$20,000 per year

RGIS Inventory Specialists Photos

enjoying a great work day
RGIS at Work