RGIS Inventory Specialists
1,326 reviews

RGIS Inventory Specialists Employee Reviews

(Pros) good prt time job, friendly and helpful people, stay active. (Cons) consistent traveling and unpredictable wrk hrs
Inventory associate (Former Employee), 4000 Executive Park driveJune 30, 2015
Pros: nice people, stay busy, good for extra income
Cons: unreliable work hours, consistent traveling
Rgis is a good company to work for if looking for a part time job for extra income. The employees and friendly and helpful; the first day i started the people made me feel comfortable and helped me when i did not know what to do. You always stay busy which makes the time fly. The job can be fun if you look at it like playing a video game. I enjoyed my time at rgis the only downfall was the consistent traveling to different locations; some could be far and ithers not. Also the work hours were always unpredictable. One week yu can work 25 hrs the next 10. But overall i liked visiting the different stores, checking out new inventory, and observing how other employees from the retail companies worked. The only advice i would give someone is have a car and have a flexible schedule is a must.
Simple work
Inventory specialist (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Freedom of schedule, simplicity of job
Cons: Low compensation for travel
Clock in start counting clock out once everthing has been counted very simple. Learned to move quick and with a sense of urgency. Good management for the most part as well as the co workers. Hardest part is they expect you to travel for little to no pay for travel time. Most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom of scheduling and the simplicity of the job
Average Job
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Okay job
Cons: Odd hours and bending
At this time this was just an ordinary job. We travelled a lot and worked crazy hours. Some retailers were a nightmare to audit.
Liked visiting other areas
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 25, 2015
Prepared orders for daily work. Learned about different parts of the county I lived in and other counties. Liked the people that I worked with,
its an ok job if you are willing to give up everything else
inventory taker and Area Manager (Current Employee), SC and Fla and LaJune 23, 2015
Pros: very flexalbe work schedules
Cons: limited time and seasonal slow times
the job can be fun and rewarding but you have no support. you can make it a career but it will take lots of time that you will never get back.
bad hours.....pay ok
Auditor (Former Employee), Springfield, PAJune 21, 2015
Pros: got paid well
Cons: getting up early....no benifits
getting up early then count products for several hours
counting is very hard especially when they are the same one
never got to know them.....it was all business
counting in the early morning
finishing counting
fun job, required me to travel a lot, random schedule
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Milford, CTJune 19, 2015
Pros: Always work
Cons: Random schedule, not really stable
Traveled to stores around CT (Retail stores, supermarkets, etc.) and assisted in completing a complete inventory for the company. Operating the required equipment going isle to isle or rack to rack, counting and organizing product.
Productive calm day
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: Traveling
Cons: Hours
A typical day at work is using a hand held computer to take inventory in the scheduled events. Inventories usually last 4-6 hours, with minimal supervision.
Not as fulfilling as it could be
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 19, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: terrible pay, bad hours, periods with no breaks at all, management issues
So far, working with RGIS has been a roller coaster. The actual work is somewhat easy, most people could do the work. My biggest issue with RGIS is the management, the hours, and the pay. I feel that the work we do, we do not get paid enough for. And the fact that we don't always get breaks is really bad. We've been denied lunch breaks for work periods lasting over 6 hours, which is illegal.... I have reported the supervisor who was running the store that day, but it happens with many different people in charge.
accuratcy
RGIS Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Cutler Bay, FLJune 19, 2015
Precise, detail-oriented leader recognized fro maintaining multiple tasks in deadline-driven enviroment. Be very accurate in your count.
Fasted pased
Inventory Auditor-Expert (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work is using a hand held computer to take inventory in the scheduled events. I enjoyed traveling but I started to see I was spending more money traveling than I was able to save.
Stressful job atmosphere
Auditor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: No breaks, early morning meets, aches and pains
The job requires that employees arrive to locations early in the morning, sometimes 3am or 4am. They do not care where employees are coming from in the city. It takes me a bout two and a half hours to get to any meet site they send me to. They never schedule employees for days off, the only way to get one is to call out or just not show up. Rarely do we get breaks while on the job and when we do it's only 10 minutes so you could be working six and a half hours, on your feet, stretching and hurting your back, and be given a 10 minute break and most of the time you have to complain to even get that. Sometimes at an early morning meet the drivers are late. People will be standing out there for god knows how long and the drivers show up when they feel like it then speed down the high way with little concern for the lives of the passengers, just to get to the site on time when they could have arrived at the designated time like everyone else. Schedules come out on Thursdays so if you're not scheduled to work that following Saturday you might just be scheduled to out of nowhere even if it's your only day off that week. RGIS does not care about their employees.
Hard working and under paid job.
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee), Conover, NCJune 17, 2015
Pros: You can be on a team and have work available when it is slow for others.
Cons: Not consistent work, drug users and broken equipment
I enjoyed working for RGIS. The bad part was that you had to keep your numbers up and when the equipment would not work correctly it affected your numbers. The hours were very different and not consistent. I think that the management should be stronger and the company all round should make sure the equipment works so the job can be done well. The best thing about working for RGIS was the busy times when you could work overtime.
my experience
Inventory Taker (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJune 16, 2015
the job was ok, went to stores to do inventory. the pay was ok, just didnt get enough hours. The manger was a cool person, I had some very nice coworkers, the hardest part of the job was standing scanning the socks and underwear.
Enjoyable work but unprofessional employees
Auditor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 16, 2015
A company that promises accuracy and fulfills that promise to the fullest. I enjoyed the work and learned to use 10 key while I was there. My coworkers were not the most professional in behavior and some where only there for the paycheck and had no concern for accuracy.
High Demands, Low Respect
Auditor (Former Employee), Turnersville, NJJune 16, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Far Commuting Distance, Fewer Reimbursements
Co-Workers varied from experienced, to first time workers and what appeared to be anyone that was interested in the position. Fast paced and accurate counting of inventory resulted in fast work days. Using the inventory computers has taught me some On-hand computer literacy. The hardest aspect of the job was using a personal car to travel to distant work cites. Reimbursements were issued if work site was outside of 30 miles, round trip. Most sites were scheduled between 23-29. Because of a small schedule, there was not enough currency to support traveling expenses.
Fun place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 15, 2015
Pros: Travel and you set your own schedule
Cons: not enough pay
Working for this company vamped up my math skills. Traveling form state to state gave me the opportunity to interact with different people.
Overworked and Overwhelming
Pharmacy Supervisor (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsJune 15, 2015
Typical day starts at 5 am and last about 10 to 12 hours. I learned patience working with multiple different types of people and associates that you could collide with. Management lacked a lot of support and favoritism was apparent with some co workders. Hardest part of the job would be the driving between the different inventory locations. Most enjoyable part of the job would consist of the quality time spent with co workers.
Terrible Company Terrible Work Ethics
Area Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 15, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Working conditions
Employees are not given timely schedules and even given a schedule are expected to work when called on days off. If you get a day off. People work 2 to 3 weeks straight without time off. Company expects unrealistic work hours from managers. Working 45+hrs straight at any given time. 24hr on call.
Fast paced
Inventory Specialist/Team Leader (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Bad hours
You would work a lot. The hours varied by store and through out the day. May have worked at a store at 3 am out of town get home in the afternoon and have to work early that evening.

1 2 3 4 5

$9.00 per hour
Inventory Specialist
$18,000 per year

RGIS Inventory Specialists Photos

enjoying a great work day
RGIS at Work