RGIS Inventory Specialists

RGIS Inventory Specialists Employee Reviews

Found 1,303 reviews matching the search
A lot of traveling
Retail Counter (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 12, 2016
too much traveling for my blood. you are constantly getting phone calls at 3.00 in the morning saying you HAVE TO GO TO THE SITE! They expect way to much
Pros
huge payout
Cons
a lot of travel
looking for a 2nd job
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 10, 2016
when the work is available this a great job. It is very inconsistent. The work was easy but some days you can only work 4 hours.
A job well done
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 9, 2016
I met a lot of people from all over because we had to travel to different towns. A group of us would arrive at certain locations and proceed to count the whole store in less than 3 hours depending on the size. It was so much fun counting with your eyes because at first I thought that I couldn't do it but I got better. I guess my manager liked my work so that he offered me a lead position. The hardest thing about my job was being part time with little pay but I wouldn't trade it because every job I have had since had some type of cycle counting or inventory requirements.
Pros
Working with all kinds of people
Cons
Low pay
I wouldnt recommend it
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 8, 2016
You have to wake up at horrible hours to be around people who seem not to care about who you are or what to do. In order to receive better pay you had to count items faster than any other worker. When I was first starting the job, I would have basic beginner questions and most of the workers were very reluctant to help me because, as they said, they would get into trouble. The manager was very condescending at times.
Pros
if you want to work very early and have time during the day this is okay
Cons
terrible hours for terrible pay from terrible managers
A challenging and fun workplace
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2016
My typical day at RGIS would be me waking up early around 5:00 in the morning. I get ready for the day and then head to the RGIS office. I wait for my other co-workers and then among us we decide who will be the designated driver. After, that we head to the stores for the day. Once, we get there our floor leader will tell us in detail what we should and should not do as far as what to enter in our computers. He/she then assigned us our floor spots then we begin our inventory. Throughout my experience there I learned to be better at multitasking, and I learned to work better with a lot of people. I think the management could have been better when I was there because it seemed like the new employees were treated different. I loved my co-workers they were very friendly, easy to work with, and when I asked for advice they always helped me whenever they could. I think the hardest part for me was getting adjusted to the different times periods I had to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things everyday when I worked there.
Pros
Paid travel, Long breaks, health benefits, Hours vary
Cons
Short breaks, Hours vary
nice place
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAFebruary 4, 2016
i was a scale master so i would come and make sure my scale was working before customers came with the calibrations. I then proceed to take customers with their dump loads, we would charge different prices for covered and non covered loads as well as refrigerators and other specific items that would need to be separated at some point. the hardest part about this job was the smell. the best part was the customers.
Pros
great people
Cons
smelly place to work
counting inventory for stores
Inventory Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2016
going to different stores to do a complete inventory count of the store. not overly difficult work, just long and tedious at times
Experience of being an Auditor
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 1, 2016
I have learn a lot of things of to become a Auditor. Many difference experiences. Like getting involve into a group member, to become a good working person, Communicate and greet people nicely, show my respect to my co-workers, and especially be on time and don't be late.
Pros
Helping each other on unfinish workings
Cons
Low paychecks.
Will hire anyone
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 1, 2016
RGIS has its pluses and minuses, they will hire just about anyone with a pulse so if you need some form of work its the place to go. However the management style is somewhat of a bully mentality. You often got to work and don't know if you will be there two hours or twelve, which can be a problem if you have a life. And when you say you HAVE to leave despite the number of hours you have put in you are belittled or threatened. A great deal of favoritism is blatantly noticeable, if you are friendly with the managers/Team leaders you have a great deal better chance of getting work assignments than not. Training is left to the individual on every level, counters, team leaders ad managers. if you figure it out on your own good for you, if not so long. I wouldn't recommend this company to ANYONE that is considering a position that you can have any long term success with. The only thing this job is good for is to rack up hours between the months of January to March when every office far more work than workers so you can get a nice little paycheck other than that, don't waste your time.
Pros
January to March good chance to make a little money
Cons
no work if your not a kiss up
Fast paced enviroment great supplemental income
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 31, 2016
You are provided the oppurtunity and challenge yourself for better pay rates and titles.Ability to work several jobs while working here
Pros
advancement and pay rate
Cons
daily travel
fun
inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAJanuary 31, 2016
long hours, work mostly nights and would have to travel pretty often. Schedule is not to flexible, hard to adjust, but great work environment.
Its an easy job to do
RGIS Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJanuary 28, 2016
RGIS is really easy and can be fun at most time, mostly independent but can be a team work if everyone works together counting.
Pros
free flying, go by your schedule, easy
Cons
hours are crazy sometimes, cant trust people
long boring work standing
Auditor specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 28, 2016
daily I would have to stand for long periods of time in one spot scanning 1 piece of merchandise at a time. Often long drives, but worked with great people.
great part time job
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 27, 2016
Most enjoyable == Co workers , different store locations ,
Hardest part operating key board for the inventory with out looking at keys . but eventually you get it .
Fast pace and fun.
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJanuary 26, 2016
Work was very fast pace. We stayed very busy and time went fast. I learned how to scan items in a timely manner. All my co workers were kind and helpful. Best part of the day is the end.
not worth it
inventory auditor (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 25, 2016
After months of no work I received an e mail of work, when I told them that my wife and i are delivering our first child on that date the hr department invited me to quit. Then I could reapply if I wanted to work again. Amazing a company like this exists. Maybe other districts are more professional than 80 and could be a good experience but if you are offered a position with 80 in Lombard run away as fast as you can.
i dislike this job.
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE RGIS (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 23, 2016
a typical day at work very boring, nobody wants to work at a fast pace, they dont give you good hours,work hard but dont get paid well. i learned how to scan products. the hardest part of the job is being the only one working hard while everyone else is being lazy. the most enjoyable part is when i get to go home!
Pros
paid traveling time.
Cons
short breaks if at all.
Poor management, very unorganized and unprofessional.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 23, 2016
Never received proper training on how to use the counting machines, everything seemed to be broken and abused. Whole staff complained about the job and everyone was just so negative all the time, even upper management and supervisors. Everyone smoked cigarettes before long trips to jobs and all piled into one van, kind of a hard smell to deal with for a none smoker beings the smell gives me migraines. I am a full time student and my boss couldn't grasp the fact that I didn't want to work a job that went until 4am in the morning when I have a class at 8am in the morning. I know this job doesn't have traditional hours but one of their so called "benefits" was that it can fit around your personal life. Anyways after 5 weeks of no work because of the holidays I received a letter in the mail saying that I had been terminated from the company, and no reason was stated in the letter. Too bad cause this job had some potential.
Pros
Easy job once you learn what you are doing.
Cons
High expectations for lower level employees with little effort put in from upper management
Every day was a different and new experance.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ and Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2016
Very flexible schedule.
Working with a different store and store personal every day.
Very challenging staffing and scheduling of different stores.
Cold call selling of a unique service!
Different experience every day
Part Time Inventory Taker (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAJanuary 22, 2016
Inventory everything from mom and pop store to big department stores.
I enjoy the people I work with.
It is nice going to a different location every day.

Sometimes the driving is not good when you travel two hours or more to get to an inventory that only lasts a few hours.