RGIS Inventory Specialists

RGIS Inventory Specialists Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,536 reviews matching the search
Is only good part-time students and managers
Auditor (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TX 78504March 30, 2016
My time at RGIS was not very enjoyable. There were just not enough hours available. It is a nice job if you are a student looking for a part-time job. The company did not reimburse for the travel to the various cities throughout the Rio Grande Valley. I.E. Sometimes I would spend $20 on gas to drive to and 40 min to and from a location for just 2 hours of work.
Fast Paced environment
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 23, 2016
A typical day is very fast paced on the go. Must be able to communicate & work well with different types of personalities. Hardest part is the fluctuating hours & early mornings/late nights sometimes.
greatest benefit is the travel. I have experienced places in my home state that I never would have seen had it not been for RGIS.
Pros
travel, good co-workers
Cons
short lunch, odd hours
Terrible supervisors, and ultimately the least professional workplace experience I have had.
inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort collins coloradoJanuary 22, 2016
They lied to me about how many hours I would be getting, they lost my shoes I ordered through them, I had the worst training possible, and when I finally quit they did not reimburse me for the shoes, or my last paycheck. They are hands down the worst company I have worked for and I would not recommend them to anybody. I would give zero stars if I could, absolutely awful expience.
Pros
None.
Cons
Worst training, incompetent coworkers, little to no hours a week, short breaks, alot of personal vehicle use
Bad management
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Pasadena, CAApril 23, 2016
I worked for RGIS only for a couple of months. We had to take inventory of literally every item in the store. Some days it was walmart and some days it was victoria secret. We mostly worked with retail stores. Anyway, the mangement was horrible, but only with the supervisors who I worked with. I still enjoyed the experience because i was making money.
Management was not considerate
Inventory Taker (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCMarch 19, 2016
I only worked there for a couple of months and I done my job great most of the time. The manager did not like me and said "I don't think your a good fit for this job". Some of the employees were nice and understanding. I enjoyed it for the most part.
Pros
Travel benefits, socialable employees, easy work, and ongoing training
Cons
Inconsiderate management
Well paying job with ridiculous hours.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  MaineJanuary 16, 2016
There are days when you'd have to wake up at 3:00AM, drive 120 miles in a cramped van with your coworkers to do inventory of three stores, then drive back, arrive home at 10:00PM, and be expected to be at work at 6:00AM the next day. Other days might be a more relaxed 5:00AM start at a local store that only takes three or four hours.

The pay is great for the work– literally just either scanning the bar codes of items or keying in the price and quantity.

Management is very supportive and accommodating to employee needs.

The hours are the difficult part– the work isn't hard.
Pros
Very easy work, good pay.
Cons
Some very long days, uncomfortable travel.
not worth it
inventory auditor (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 25, 2016
After months of no work I received an e mail of work, when I told them that my wife and i are delivering our first child on that date the hr department invited me to quit. Then I could reapply if I wanted to work again. Amazing a company like this exists. Maybe other districts are more professional than 80 and could be a good experience but if you are offered a position with 80 in Lombard run away as fast as you can.
Travel
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 6, 2016
I was told that there would be a van to take us back and forth. Never happened with me. The job is easy. You will be working in different stores so If you can not be at a certain store let them know a head of time that way they can switch you with someone else. Overall job was OK. Anyone can get on but you need to have a steady rude or you will miss out on a lot of money.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Drive
Enjoyable solo job duties
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJanuary 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at RGIS because I was able to just do my job until the work was completed. The only real twists came when the scanners acted up, but that wasn't too much of a hassle: get a new battery or reload the data.

Management pushed for speed increase, which is reasonable but sometimes it takes people a while to figure out a way that works best for them.

Different projects had different shift leaders and most I worked with were very reasonable and accommodating.
Pros
Easy, repetitive task. Did not have to deal with other people.
Cons
Some shift leaders were not very professional. Did not get paid for full travel time, coworkers smoked in van during travel.
Sometimes fun.
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 7, 2016
No one has a future with this company unless you are willing to follow it's one and only career path through district management. It is a company owned by an investment group who have no desire to do right by their employees or customers but want only to cut expenses until the company is profitable. I may have learned a lot here but it wasn't all stuff they probably wanted me to learn.
horrible place to work at
Inventory Clerk/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 22, 2015
I worked here for 3 months before just quiting.
The hours are sporadic. Hours are not guaranteed. You are taking inventory counts at various stores. You never work with the same people. I always had a different supervisor. They claim you can work your way through the company easily, however, after speaking with multiple people that isn't the case. They start at minimum wage and for the amount of work that goes into it, it just isn't worth it.

The ONLY positive thing I could say about this place is if you have to work odd hours or need filer work hours, this could be a good job for you.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
going to different locations, sporadic hours, different co-workers, different supervisor
i dislike this job.
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE RGIS (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 23, 2016
a typical day at work very boring, nobody wants to work at a fast pace, they dont give you good hours,work hard but dont get paid well. i learned how to scan products. the hardest part of the job is being the only one working hard while everyone else is being lazy. the most enjoyable part is when i get to go home!
Pros
paid traveling time.
Cons
short breaks if at all.
Very long work hours or very short no inbetween
Expert (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 4, 2016
Either a high abundance of work hours or hardly any. Promotion is easy and fast if you have hand eye coordination and attention to details. You must be able to lift bend squat crawl and still move at a fast pace. Not a lot of room for advancement past the fastest keying entry level positions.
Pros
Get to travel every where
Cons
Never get to see your family and or dont get paid
Boring Job, Work was a heavy load
Inventory Taker -Expert (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90503March 27, 2016
If you just want to work, this might work for you. Go to different stores each day and inventory on their merchandise using a machine. Sometimes you can be at the store 30min to more than 10 hours. Hardly see the manager, see new people each time, they will work you and not care about you.
Cons
Horrible
Great Second Job
Inventory Expert (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 19, 2015
The job is great for students and those looking for a second job. It is a physical demanding job. You go to a store and count inventory. You stretch, bend, twist, kneel, and more. The management is okay. The old district manager could have been better, but we shall see about the new one. Co-worker are a mix from every lifestyle. You have caucasians and african americans. Young and old. You learn how to work as a team. The hardest part is the physical part. It can tire you out and make you sore if you have a long store or a hard one. The most enjoyable part are the co-workers when you start talking and joking around.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Physical
Always worked at a new location
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 15, 2015
Everyday was a new work assignment in a new location which has its pros and cons. we could either carpool in the company van or drive ourselves. The travel time was not worth the wear and tear it ha don my car.they did not offer benefits and the management was very friendly or understanding. I feel like the company did not do a great job with training new hires with caused a lot of problems down the line.
Pros
a new work place every day
Cons
a new work place everyday
New adventure everyday
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 15, 2015
There is no typical work day. A new day a new location. I got to visit may different locations from toy stores to supermarkets. I go to work with a team that worked well together, had the same goals and mad the work day more fun. I loved working with the same people and new places everyday. The thing I would say was the hardest was the time schedule varied a great big deal but I made sure I adjusted my life to make sure I got a good nights rest and be well energized for the next day at work.
Pros
New adventures everyday
Cons
Various work hours
Experience of being an Auditor
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 1, 2016
I have learn a lot of things of to become a Auditor. Many difference experiences. Like getting involve into a group member, to become a good working person, Communicate and greet people nicely, show my respect to my co-workers, and especially be on time and don't be late.
Pros
Helping each other on unfinish workings
Cons
Low paychecks.
Accuracy and safety is our primary concern but being able to get along and work as a team
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 11, 2015
Being at the job site on time , being able to communicate to other co-workers , work as a team , getting the job done with limited amount of mistakes , and giving the desired customer accurate account if the merchandise in the store .hardest put of the job is kneeling and bending in curtain stores but being able to complete the work task and then being told you and your co-workers done an excellent job !
RGIS sucks
Level 3 Inventory Expert (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMarch 13, 2016
if you want to run your car into the ground, have little to no supervision or help from management, never be promoted past a 2 dollar raise, maxing out at 11.50/hr, and be awake at the craziest hours, hours away from home, and have your schedule change on a daily basis.... then this is the job for you!
Pros
Cons
all of it