RGIS Inventory Specialists Employee Reviews

Found 1,732 reviews matching the search
I love the variety
AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 25, 2016
We aim to give the customer the best inventory and accuracy always. Work can be slow though and it does not always pay my bills. I need more work elsewhere to supplement my income especially during the down time. With the economy and more competition our jobs are not secure. Some weeks we go without any work at all. It is a very flexible job however and I like that the most besides getting to always meet new people. Co workers come and go with many different personalities but fortunately in our job we don't always have to deal with the same people at each job. I have learned to let what people say and how they treat people go to the mgmt. After all, it is a job to me and I don't have to take it home.
Pros
FLEXIBILITY
Cons
TRAVEL
Fast paced company
Inventory Auditor/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 10, 2016
Audit stores of all sizes using 10-key and scanners. A lot of travel and some very long hours. Good pay. Part of the year you can work 10 or 20 hours in a week and part of the year you can work 80 or 90 hours in a week. Work all different hours any time of the day or night and weekends.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Good place for the new worker
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  5440 N CumberlandJune 21, 2016
Part time job. Can be full time if you show commitment and ask for more work. Very easy to advance.
A typical day at work is on average 4 hours
You learn a lot on how to count fast and accurate
Management is lenient and laid back but tough
co workers are down to earth
hardest part of the job is dealing with the repeating the same thing over and over again
Most enjoyable part is the time goes by fast and you're on your way home before you know it
Pros
Experience in the work place.
Cons
Part time
Changed
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 10, 2016
This company was once wonderful but now a new crew of people work there and are lower management and the company has become ghetto. People with class will not fit in and will have to deal with getting poor count areas always which causes loss of score ratio and also rude comments to incite arguements and if you don't retaliate to verbal bullying than you will be gossiped about. The first time O worked for this company it was an amazing experience but this time was very stressful and unpleasant.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Staff
whinny
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New London, CTSeptember 21, 2016
most co-workers no called no showed, lots of complaining due to under staffing, or inventory going too long. Flexible hours. Management played favorites so some people didn't get many hours.
Pros
bonuses in some stores, flexable hours
Cons
short breaks
Necessary Jobs to have
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 4, 2016
Traveling to different stores/warehouses to count company inventory. I learned my 10 key game got excellent. We used a dinosaur for equipment. There should be a better way to count inventory. Management was okay, I feel as a manager I could have been trained better. It was definitely hard work to get up in we hours of the morning to travel sometimes 3 hours away from home to inventory. Good part you did get a little incentives to use your own vehicle car pool, but not enough to compensate if something went wrong with your car. Enjoyable park is I got to know a lot of the other employee personally.
Pros
Good job for first timers
Cons
Not enough money
Never again
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2016
Our head supervisor from San Antonio was sexists and had a personal vendetta against our whole team from Houston. Mrs Asia had a personal vendetta against us because her team wasn't as good and she would put all the blame on member from our team after telling her lead from the San Antonio team which just happened to be the father of her child she was carrying.that's what happens when you talk to loud everyone hears your business. On top of all this her being sexists, playing favorites and having a personal vendetta she couldn't even do her job right. She was always late sending our schedules and sometimes wouldn't even email some of us our schedules so she could fire us. Eventually she got what she wanted because our team ended up quitting with in the next year. Now they're slow and way more worse off then we were. Not worth the time or the money they offer.
Pros
Had a great team
Cons
Everything you can picture wrong in a workplace. Work here and youll find out.
Hard Work
Auditor/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 4, 2016
Getting up at 3:00 am to be at an event at 5:00am. I learned new job information daily.
I do not feel it appropriate to go into management issues.
I had some great co-workers and some, not so much.
The hardest part of the job for me was getting up a ladder and then down on my knees every 4 ft. in most inventory situations.
I enjoyed many parts of the job but mostly the supervisors that made it possible to run a smooth, accurate and quick finish event.
Pros
Travel, some great team members
Cons
Short or no breaks and no lunches, management
Seasonal employment providing inventory reports for area businesses.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJune 23, 2016
Usually worked evenings and nights, travelling up to 100 miles one way. We were often asked to report to work with little or no advanced notice. The job itself was physically demanding having to stand, bend or squat for 6 or more hours with no offer of a break.
Pros
The job provided a paycheck at a time it was greatly needed.
Cons
It was very obvious that management cared little for its employees' welfare.
Think twice before doing it
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 1, 2016
Simply put if had to do it all over again I wouldn't, there's no communication from manager to workers. Management is a joke. The hours are ridiculous, people cry about everything like little girls it's just like high school all over again. If you thinking about doing this job, I hope you dont have a life because you would hardly ever see your friends or family.
Never again
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 20, 2016
Though I did like traveling to various places and the few nice people who stayed it's best to keep away. First off you get encouraged to work faster and are given the idea they you would stay. Instead they send you home early, all the time. The supervisors don't listen. When you notify that you'd be going out of town weeks ahead, it doesn't matter if you call, e-mail, or text, they still act if you're in town. The text I received while out of town was also very unprofessional. If you get harassed at work by a fellow employ they do nothing about it. In fact they have you work with your harasser.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
Poor supervisors, pay
Fun job
INVENTORY TAKER (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 25, 2016
The job was very fun and very easy. You never experience the same day, twice. Also, there is always an opportunity for advancement. You control your pay raises.
A challenging and fun workplace
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2016
My typical day at RGIS would be me waking up early around 5:00 in the morning. I get ready for the day and then head to the RGIS office. I wait for my other co-workers and then among us we decide who will be the designated driver. After, that we head to the stores for the day. Once, we get there our floor leader will tell us in detail what we should and should not do as far as what to enter in our computers. He/she then assigned us our floor spots then we begin our inventory. Throughout my experience there I learned to be better at multitasking, and I learned to work better with a lot of people. I think the management could have been better when I was there because it seemed like the new employees were treated different. I loved my co-workers they were very friendly, easy to work with, and when I asked for advice they always helped me whenever they could. I think the hardest part for me was getting adjusted to the different times periods I had to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things everyday when I worked there.
Pros
Paid travel, Long breaks, health benefits, Hours vary
Cons
Short breaks, Hours vary
Stressful & very unprofessional
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Lack proper leadership...thought job was going to be I could see myself doing for a long while...but hours were stressful but& the management always kept gossip going around the work place.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
sporadic employment schedules
Comptroller (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2016
must be adaptable to schedules and travel. management is kinda scattered and sometimes you have to ask a tons of questions to find something out about work or training. not a regular day job, odd hours and must be quick to meet goals.
Pros
open schedules
Cons
not enough work hours
Productive and family oriented, taught me to be more responsible
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 23, 2016
RIGS accepted me with little work experience and taught me the ropes of auditing and working with computers and 9-key machines. they provided me with advancement opportunities.
Pros
Traveling
not for everyone
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 28, 2015
a typical day was showing up at the office before the sun comes up, hop in one of the 3 15 passenger vans along with everyone and their bags and drive to the store location sometimes overnight and out of town. we would prepare the store for inventory, conduct the inventory before the store opened and provided the reports to the store inventory representative. I learned to become independent and focus on the task at hand despite any outside distractions. not everyone got along, making it difficult to work with people who are always at each others throats. there was alot of tension in the team and the district manager was to focused on trying to be everyone's friend rather than their boss. the most enjoyable part was traveling to different states and trying new food.
Pros
travel in many different areas
Cons
riding cramped for long hours, no benefits, not many hours
beware
Area Manager, Smart Space Division Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 6, 2016
as a 13 year employee who started at the bottom and worked my was to management I must say I am shocked at this companies willingness to dismiss long term employees at the drop of a hat.
Pros
lfexible schedule
Cons
everything else
Poor management, very unorganized and unprofessional.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 23, 2016
Never received proper training on how to use the counting machines, everything seemed to be broken and abused. Whole staff complained about the job and everyone was just so negative all the time, even upper management and supervisors. Everyone smoked cigarettes before long trips to jobs and all piled into one van, kind of a hard smell to deal with for a none smoker beings the smell gives me migraines. I am a full time student and my boss couldn't grasp the fact that I didn't want to work a job that went until 4am in the morning when I have a class at 8am in the morning. I know this job doesn't have traditional hours but one of their so called "benefits" was that it can fit around your personal life. Anyways after 5 weeks of no work because of the holidays I received a letter in the mail saying that I had been terminated from the company, and no reason was stated in the letter. Too bad cause this job had some potential.
Pros
Easy job once you learn what you are doing.
Cons
High expectations for lower level employees with little effort put in from upper management
Some just cheat their wat to the top.
retail store auditor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 5, 2016
During training and initial jobs, being accurate and fast was emphasized. After a few weeks, people including management were sometimes encouraging taking shortcuts to speed things up and would turn a blind eye to those who were caught being accurate but that was just my district. who know.
Pros
meet some decent people
Cons
job hours, Competative environment, Drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RGIS Inventory Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8