RGIS Inventory Specialists Employee Reviews

It's ok but inconsistent hours for full time
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 25, 2017
Management definitely has politics great for someone seeking part time employment, it's fast paced and fun most of the time, lots of great people....also some not so great
The People Make the Job
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJNovember 24, 2017
To be honest, if it hadn't been for the people I was working with, I would have quit within the first week. Everything had to be perfect, obviously, because we had to accurately count and recount the inventory for whatever store we had that day.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Short breaks, long working hours, low pay
ok place to work
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 23, 2017
RGIS is a ok place to work, if your in high school, or just needing esters income. But it's not all that great. Work hours vary from job to job. You'll either getting up all hours of the night to leave for a store out of town or you will be coming in all hours of the day or night.
Pros
travel pay
Cons
lousy hours
Work you while pressured to meet a quota per hour
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 23, 2017
$500 per week? What a joke. There are no hours to be had. You go to a job site, 10 people show up to do a 3 people inventory and your out in 2 hours or less. Or you show up along with 10 others when 20 people should be there. It's a no win. They give you scanners that don't work half the time but want you to meet quota.
You travel for hours super early in the morning to a job sight only to work 2 to 3 hours only to go back home.
This is a job for people bored with nothing to do that want to work to kill time. There's no money in it
Pros
Cons
Few to no breaks, stressful trying to meet quota.
quick paced environment
Inventory/Flow Leader (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 22, 2017
Where I was placed was to count the entire inventory inside and out of The Home Depot, with a quick pace and a fast sense of urgency. sometimes it was stressful but we had to finish our job by 3:00p.m. Hardest part of that job was leaving town for upto five nights a week and work with little to no sleep.Most enjoyable part was working with my friends.
Pros
Worked with Friends and went out of town
side part-time job
inentory specialist (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCNovember 21, 2017
this job Is for someone looking for part-time position and willing to travel around to different stores in different locations outside of the Fayetteville area if wanting hours.
down sized let go
Inventoery specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 21, 2017
Tons of travel. Great people to work with and travel with. Hard on family life having kids. Got to see different cities in upper and lower MI. Meet other team from other areas of MI.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
Being away from home for long periods of time
Not enough hours per week.
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 20, 2017
The hours were 2 hours per night, every night. No days off and only 14 hours per week. Had it been full time it would have been a very good job. The manager was a very nice person.
Pros
Pay was ok.
Cons
Not enough hours.
great place if you like to travel
District Manager (Former Employee) –  TNNovember 20, 2017
Enjoyed experience working at RGIS! nice place to work if you want to travel and meet new people employee turnover is high long work hours most weeks
Great Job
RGIS Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2017
A good job that offers flexible hours and good pay for a first job. Supervisors are friendly and work is easy enough to learn on the fly. You also great tips on stores in and around your home. The work experience you gather is also insightful and there are plenty of ways to earn extra money. The job may require some tricky and sometimes infuriating machines, but those are easily fixed.
Part-time based job, variety of work hours and schedule
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 20, 2017
This part-time based job is open to a wide variety of applicants.
Non-complicated assignments, and most supervisors and leads are friendly and competent. Management is supportive and helpful. State-wide travel to job sites and irregular work schedule can be hard to adjust to.
Pros
entry level job for all ages, part-time work
Cons
not full-time job, very irregular work hours, much travel some times
not many hours
Inventory Team Leader (Current Employee) –  OregonNovember 19, 2017
most weeks you only get 15 to 20 hours, many times you get less. horrible to get a regular sleep schedule unless you severely limit your availability. favoritism and many other employees with a poor work ethic. nil advancement. burns you out.
Best job ive ever had
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 18, 2017
If you are a hard working person who likes being acknowledge for your abilities RGIS is perfect for you. How much money you make is all based on you. The management is amazing and it is just overall a great job!
Horrible company over all
Inventory Expert (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 17, 2017
I would never recommend this company to anyone ! The management is very poor at unprofessional! I was there for almost 8 months and I.T was just too much of a commute from one country to another (figure of speech)
An Ok side-job
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  DelawareNovember 17, 2017
How it works when you go in for an interview is you provide days and hours you can work and the amount. This is as flexible as you can get for a part-time job. They send you a schedule for times and you are supposed to drive to the store. A CAR is pretty much a requirement here. They do not pay for mileage unless the drive is over an hour or they organize a van of employees.

my experience:
I had my pay deducted after a year of working there because I didn't improve from my base APH which is the unit of items scanned per hour. Most of the time the counting machines they had acted up and screwed my aph because i had to stand there and try to fix it and other times the pieces didn't have a barcode, so you are forced to stand there call for a skew check and watch your aph drop. Other times i got assigned areas from "gray-shirts" that were that had items dropped from their shelves and all over the place because the store didn't organize. Your hours at a store depend on the people that show up. a twenty person store and only 8 people arrive makes it more stressful.

The communication between the higher-ups and the associates like me are non-existent. There were times I drove 25 minutes to a store that they cancelled but no one contacted me about.multiple times. The grey-shirts get paid more than the average redshirt(which is what you start at) but the redshirts do most of the work. and most of the time the grey-shirts are on smoke breaks like every 25 minutes.

3 months in and I was the only one left, out of 9 employees who got hired with me,

if you can put up with
  more... that, then its okay for money.  less
Pros
flexible work schedule.
Cons
15 minute break after 5 hours. No communication between associates, go faster or no advancment.
Rgis
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 17, 2017
They are a good company with sone great management team i like the environment very well. I had some good days and some bad days with the company but all and all i really got along with the managers
Not a bad place if you like long night or early mornings
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sagamore Beach, MA 02562November 16, 2017
It’s not a bad company some management isn’t up to par but the workers and superviosirs are amazing they help out and if you need help never hesitate to ask.
Some tips when working here make sure you ask questions if you don’t understand something, pay attention to what work needs to be done.
If you can’t stand for more than 8+ hours then this isn’t the job for you it’s minless work but it isn’t long nights and very early mornings just keep that in mind.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor mangament
Fun interactive workplace
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 16, 2017
I would recommend RGIS to any motivated self relient person. They offer upward mobility and advancement as well as a flexible schedule. Days or nights or weekends.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of benefits
Good job
Supervisor/Flow Leader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2017
This is a good equal opportunity job. Good entry level or for those looking to get back into the workforce. Competitive but easy to advance if you put the work in.
High Stress for No Pay
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 15, 2017
Job has very high turnover rate so constantly having to train new employees. Hours are very inconsistent and have to you your personal vehicle a lot if a supervisor. Pay is low and Benefits are almost non existent. Hourly check-in required through pictures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RGIS Inventory Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8