RGIS Inventory Specialists
1,249 reviews

RGIS Inventory Specialists United States Employee Reviews

Great for flexible scheduling needs
Part time Inventory Auditor - Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule. casual uniform. show up, do a good job, leave.
Cons: hard on the body (standing, lifting, bending). gas & time to drive to inventories all over town.
My experience with this company has been very positive. However, I have heard that the quality of management can vary from district to district. The management in my district runs a tight ship. Advancement within the company is encouraged and supported in my district. However, this is a great opportunity for someone looking for a well paying job that allows them to simply show up, do their work well and leave.

As an auditor I am expected to be early to all scheduled inventories, represent the company in a professional manor and do my job with precision.
efficiently run inventory company
Inventory specialist (Former Employee), Bettendorf, IAFebruary 25, 2015
Management was prepared for stores and employees showed up and knew what to do. Lots of weird hours. You often work when stores are closed or business is slow.
Auditor (Current Employee), Portales, NMFebruary 24, 2015
This job is wonderful. The only thing that sucks are the hours that you work. Since it is outside of business hours there are many early days and late nights. January is bad due to the amount of work. If you have a family don't expect to see them at all that month.
It was a fun job but the hours were not set.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Endicott, NYFebruary 24, 2015
We would travel and i got to learn new technology. Hours was the worst. Never had a set schedule and with no transportation is hard.
HONEST AND HELPFUL WORKING COMPANY
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Cons: healthcare
ON A AVERAGE DAY I WILL WORK A 8 HOUR DAY BUT THIS JOB IS SO MUCH FUN AND THE PEOPLE THAT WORK WITH RGIS IS A GREAT EMPLOYER TO WORK FOR IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FAMILY OR KIDS
DATA ENTRY
Proficient in Data Entry and Ten (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 18, 2015
VERY LARGE COMPANY TO WORK FOR. IF YOU GET IN TO A GREAT DISTRICT THE JOB IS VERY FUN. THE HOURS CAN BE LONG AT TIMES. THEY DONT LIKE TO PAY WHEN YOU HAVE TO MEET FOR A STORE THAT IS MORE THAN AN HOURS COMMUTE. OTHER THAN THAT ITS A DESCENT COMPANY TO WORK FOR.
FUN JOB
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), FT. LAUDERDALE, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: the job is never boring
Cons: crazy hours
I ALWAYS KNOW WHAT TIME I START MY DAY BUT NEVER KNOW WHAT TIME I WILL FINISH. I LEARNED HOW TO DEAL WITH LARGE INVENTORIES AND MANAGE A TEAM OF 30 EMPLOYEES. I ALSO LEARNED HOW TO GET ACCURATE INVENTORIES. MANAGEMENT AND MY CO WORKERS WAS FUN TO WORK WITH AND ALWAYS GOT THE JOB DONE. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS SQUEEZING INTO TIGHT PLACES. THE PART I ENJOYED THE MOST IS WORKING WITH MY CO WORKERS AND PLEASING THE CLIENTS
hours are terrible you never know what you will work from week to week
Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Cons: no healthcare no paid holidays vacations or sick days
I get up very early drive at least 30 miles to and from work i deal with my management and the store management. I have learned alot about the inventory process..Management with this company is very inept the try to do the right thing but at the end of the day you are left with alot of unanswered questions..I have had 3 district mgrs in the 14 months i have been there. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the constant under staffing..Most enjoyable is the fellow team mates i enjoy interacting with.
work in a retail stores
Auditor (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: meeting new people and learning about the sales and products
Cons: the 24 hour on call and the mileage
prep for the days inventory and check the epuipment. you have to be able to fuunction as fast and acurate as possible. roport you nubers to the management in a timely fashion. work with the newr empolyees to complete an area. the travel is sometime long and reimburstment is not fitting with current gas prices. You get to meet new people and are not in the same place every day.
Productive and vocal enviroment
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: traveling, paid hotel expenses
Cons: short breaks, early a.m. satrts
Constant Counting on a daily basis and i learned better keystroke technique.

Working in the harsh weathers probably the most difficult thing about the job.

The management is laid back but is also strict.
Fun people to work with and different locations daily
Inventory Auditor/Supervisor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: good pay, wonderful atmosphere
Cons: no job security and never knew how many hours any job would take
Typical work day included setting up machines to accurately inventory our clients store. I learned how to supervise up to 30 people. Co-workers were great I loved going to work. Hardest part of the day was the constant squatting and standing. Most enjoyable part of the day was seeing my co-workers.
I haven't worked their in seven years, I did,t like the way they treated you.
Area Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: not enough personal time
work from anywhere 4-18 hours a day. How to treat your employees. how to manage your employees. My co workers some was great other was hard to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was when it was over with.
Decent workplace with potential advancements.
Auditor (Current Employee), Merrillville, INFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: flexible, simple, advancement
Cons: hours, availability
The job itself is interesting given the different stores you attend for inventory but, the hours are lacking and getting available shifts may become a hassle.
worked at different stores whick made the job not so boring.
inventory specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2015
not enough jobs to do. spent more in gas than what i made. it was a good company to work for in the busy season. the floor supervisors were friendly and helpful to all employees.
Great as second job especially for college students
Inventory Taker (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 11, 2015
counting inventory at local stores anywhere from myrtle beach to florence to charleston and only working for couple hours at a time.
Poor communication, discimination or favoratism
Specialist (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie/ West Palm Bech FL District 124February 11, 2015
Pros: could be a good job if this district wasn't so poorly run.
Cons: poor communication, discimination or favoratism
The work itself isn’t particularly hard, but as usual the new people get all the “lousy” jobs, which isn’t really a surprise, and its not really a big deal, every employer does this, the problem is; at RGIS, the amount of work they schedule you for is directly tied to your productivity. If you can get them to talk to you at all about this, they will tell you that your schedule depends on your availability, this is a load of manure, I’m available 24-7 and still get less than 10 hours a week. It doesn’t matter who you try to talk to in management; they absolutely positively will NOT tell you anything about what's going on with the scheduling. Nobody will tell you everything, but if you talk to enough employees that have been around awhile, you’ll start to piece it all together and there is no way for somebody new to really get a reasonable chance to have decent productivity, and they make sure of it.

What typically happens is, you go into a store to count merchandise, and initially everything seems like its going to be fair, but here’s what happens. You arrive at the store with several other people, they pass out the equipment used to count the merchandise, a hand held computer, and a laser scanner, except that some people already have equipment, so essentially the new guys are getting the left overs, again no surprise. This equipment almost never works properly, they have to have close to a 100% failure rate, when it comes to the equipment working properly from the start,(or at least it hasn’t happened yet for me). Typically it can take anywhere from about 20 minutes to over – more... an hour to correct the issues, during this time you’re on the clock and have zero productivity, this is NOT taken into consideration when your overall productivity is calculated, in fact, it’s held against you as if somehow it was your fault. When they finally get the equipment working, being the new guy, you’ll be one of the last people to start counting the store’s inventory. While you and whoever’s supposed to be in charge jacks around with the equipment, other people are already counting inventory and are moving through the store from area to area. When they finally resolve the issues with the equipment you’re sent out to start counting, you can see the areas that have already been counted, so you start heading to the location where the others are currently in, when you arrive a supervisor or flow leader sends you back to areas that were supposed have already been counted, usually tables of folded clothes, messy clearance racks, accessories, and other areas that other people “forgot”, this doesn’t seem like a big deal until it keeps happening over and over and over. Instead of sending the people that “forgot” these areas back to count them, they pawn it off on the new guys. (Either the supervisors and flow leaders are incredibly stupid, or they’re complete cowards). These areas were NOT forgotten, they were deliberately skipped because these areas are much harder to count and will hurt their production. If you mention this they will tell “it shouldn’t matter, you shouldn’t have any trouble getting your numbers” or “ you’re new, they won’t hold it against you” both are flat out lies. When you see people skipping certain areas, its for a reason, and memory loss isn’t it. If they send you on a break they won’t let you “log out” so your production keeps dropping while you’re not counting. They set up a local wireless network within the store and the hand held computer you’re using relies on this network to transmit data to a central computer, usually a laptop; they can’t make this work properly for anything and again this hurts your production. As a result of all this you’re production will be very low, so they start taking you off the schedule to help you improve your productivity (what? This will help how?). If you get assigned to a grocery store, being new, you will likely be sent to the frozen food to count bags of frozen vegetables, or some other area where it will be difficult if not impossible to get the numbers you need, being new you won’t get a chance at working in any area where you could possibly hit the numbers they want to see. They know what they’re doing and they’ll do what ever it take to keep the productivity of certain people high and the productivity of certain other people low. This is probably why everybody has either been working there for at least a few years or not more than several weeks, nothing in between

RGIS itself doesn’t sound like a bad company as a whole, but locally in West Palm Beach Florida, district 124, it seems to have some very serious issues. The communication with the employees is very poor. If you call them they won’t answer, if you leave a message, they won’t return your calls, if you email, they won’t respond, but for some reason they get upset if the tables are turned. I hate to say this in this day and time, but there is almost certainly some type of discrimination or favoritism going on. Don’t get me wrong, they have plenty of good people working for them, but there is something seriously wrong with the way this district in West Palm Beach is being managed. – less
productive
Inventory Counter (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day would be counting inventory. I learned how to count fast and how to make sure everything is accurate. Management is very friendly and respectful. Co worker were great and team players. The hardest part of the job is keeping your count while a bunch of nosie going on around you.To me the most enjoyable part is seeing all the clothes and different fashions. Also being able to see how the company run their store and keep it organized.
Part-Time became Full-Time
Team Lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 10, 2015
This is a great job for people with little outside associations or family, if not it can strain you. You are always allowed to change your availability and take off; I would frequently take off a week or weekend for vacation without any punishment in a smaller schedule.

In this job you will work with a lot of different people, from the lowest of the low trash to some people you'd be proud to call your friends. There is no "set" schedule, every week is different and you can be called in to a store last minute or even be canceled out of an event last minute.

There is opportunity to travel, but in this you do not actually get to sight see unless it is on the way to the store, or you drove yourself. In 303, anything outside of a 30-mile radius from the office there was a company van for you to ride.

This job there is room for advancement and raises. Some stores I could make $15/hr. Some weeks, especially in January you can work a full-time job and then some. I worked 168 hours in a two week period, with 70-80 hours a week not out of the norm.
hard work limited hours
auditor (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAFebruary 10, 2015
we go into clients store to count the products they carried and gave them the information odd hours worked distant travel to stores mangement was okay
Fast paced work environment
Auditor (Former Employee), Garden City, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Working with RGIS I learned to work at a fast pace and to keep record of inventory. The management was really nice. My co-workers were really good team mates. The hardest part of my job was making sure the count of the merchandise was correct. The most enjoyable part of the day was when everyone would come together and discuss the job for the next day.

RGIS Inventory Specialists Salaries

$15,000 per year
Team Leader
$11.00 per hour

RGIS Inventory Specialists Photos

enjoying a great work day
RGIS at Work