RGP Employee Reviews in United States

RPG Is temp work at best
Consultant - Strategic Sourcing Vertical (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 25, 2016
I was engaged on behalf of RPG for several clients. The primary engagement was for strategic sourcing for an aerospace holding company, which was having trouble with billed receivables. With a cashflow crunch, it became clear a couple of weeks into the project that RPG was not going to be paid timely, if at all (client payables were 120+ days out). While this should have raised a flag with RPG, the account manager (who'd landed the engagement) was too busy to follow up.

I succeeded with deliverables and handed off work over two weeks before leaving. While I'd been paid, I found RPG was not well-positioned to collect fees or successfully target client verticals (an observation I attribute to how client engagements are managed with account management). Still, I had a great time on the engagements and wish RPG well.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Engagement model needs improvement
Great company to work for, focused on the consultants and the clients
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2016
Great company to work for. Focuses on the consultant and on
the client. Interesting and flexible engagements. Ample educational opportunities. Growing business.
RGP is a great place for the culture and location
SME Regulatory Reporting - Organizational D&D (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2016
RGP Provided a great platform for me to enter the clients site as a verifiable solution to the issue and need. The pay was very adequate and the personal touch was an amazing plus.
Pros
Great Pay and staff interaction
Cons
Short assignments (90days)
Nice company to work for
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 15, 2016
The are a very good company to work for.

They give consultants holiday pay and paid time off.

They do what they can to keep you in the field working.
Pros
paid for m parking in Downtown Dallas
Great ability to use your knowledge
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2016
RGP is an excellent company in providing value and talent to their clients. When you are on assignment, the company provides you with the support required and you work directly with the client. The only major issue with the position is that which is with most consulting firms is the issue of downtime, not on assignment. Unfortunately the company must staff to their highest need level, which means that there can be periods of no work, which can last a very short time or can last for long periods. Travel can be very heavy so if not a road warrior, this is not the company for you.
Pros
Pay and working with clients
Cons
Travel and downtime
A contracting/recruiting agency that conducts itself with the a high degree of professionalism
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2016
RGP is a contracting/recruiting agency that is professional in every area, offers FTE benefits and many opportunities for professional growth
Great place to work particularly for a Temporary agency
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 16, 2015
Probably one of the best Temporary agencies around, in terms of compensation, benefits, management and professionalism.
Pros
Management involved and easy to work with
Cons
No reimbursement for assignments greater than 55 miles - one way
Good environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2015
All colleagues are very knowledgeable and helpful.
Good work environment and culture.
Senior management is very approachable.
It's a temporary agency
consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2015
It's all about RGP's bottom line just like any other temporary agency. You are a "temp" at the client's site and when your project ends, you will be waiting for your next assignment.
Pros
If your project is more than 30 miles away from home, you are reimbursed for mileage.
Cons
temporary assignments, there is no "career" track, low wages
Collaborative work environments with senior-level clients
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2015
RGP management excels at balancing their Fortune 500-client expectations with their consultants need for better life-control. Worked on various RGP client projects during a three year period and always a rewarding and career-enhancing experience.
Overall great place to work
MANAGER / INVOICING SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 16, 2015
Overall great place to work. Culture has changed over time as with any company. They offered a great work/life balance.
Accounting Consultant
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2015
I am a lead consultant directing the consulting job of other consultants. The job may be project oriented for example converting to new software, consolidating the accounting activities to a central location etc. The management that I work directly with are the client service directors who find the projects we work on. They generally don't get involved other than to bring on new consultants if needed. My co-workers are generally CPA's who have many years experience either on a consulting basis or managers or controllers from a variety of corporations. The hardest part of the job is convincing people where I am doing the consulting that I am there to help and not to take over their job. The most enjoyable part of the job is not getting involved in the politics.
Pros
I consult on many different projects giving me well rounded experiences
Cons
Fewer holidays, salary doesn't grow fast.
Great company with great perks
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
Great company to work for. They don't just care about your careers, they care about you as an individual. Great work life balance.
Excellent company to work in
Financial Control Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleJuly 31, 2015
Excellent company to work in. During my time of employment I was exposed to various projects that provided me with the great professional background.
Great people to work with.
Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2015
Very proactive company. Need a bigger base in Oklahoma City. RGP contacts are always available if you need help, or a problem comes up.
Pros
Lots of quality customers.
Cons
Time off between jobs.
Productive workplace
Mailroom Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 10, 2015
i loved my job there. It was a temp position but i loved it. The management was amazing. My co workers were amazing. I learned that i did my job well
Good Work Life Balance
Consultant (Current Employee) –  PittsburghJune 5, 2015
Pro's: Getting Paid for every hour you work.

Con's: Can't get a raise because the client will only pay a market rate for your talent. The company always does what's best for the client and not what's best for their consultant's. Long commute's at times. Worst part is they can't keep their consultant's utilized year long so, if you are "benched" you are not paid. This is a good company if you are looking for only some fun money with no career progression. And socially you get called "a temp" at the client's site :-(
Family type environment in working with all of the co-workers
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2015
I find out details of my tasks. I learned how to spear-head so many projects in assisting the consultants. The co-workers are just the best team to work for.

Management is very helpful in assisting with you completing projects in timely manners.

The hardest part of the job is when each project ends and you've had so much collaborating putting it all together.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that by it being a family-type workplace environment you make long lasting relationships for each one's future.
Pros
The event lunches are so good you forget you are at work.
Cons
Just when you learn a project you have the next one to do.
Engaging enviorment
Management Consultant Present (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 13, 2015
The work is constant and many challenging opportunities. The culture is good and there are plenty of opportunities one can participate in.
hit or miss
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2015
unpaid downtime between projects are very unpredictable, sometime lasting more than a month. Sometimes you may work in a team of other consultants, most of them are very good, but like in any team, some aren't very good.
Pros
great people
Cons
downtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RGP. Our community is ready to answer.