RGP

RGP Employee Reviews

Accounting Consultant
Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2015
Pros: I consult on many different projects giving me well rounded experiences
Cons: Fewer holidays, salary doesn't grow fast.
I am a lead consultant directing the consulting job of other consultants. The job may be project oriented for example converting to new software, consolidating the accounting activities to a central location – more... etc. The management that I work directly with are the client service directors who find the projects we work on. They generally don't get involved other than to bring on new consultants if needed. My co-workers are generally CPA's who have many years experience either on a consulting basis or managers or controllers from a variety of corporations. The hardest part of the job is convincing people where I am doing the consulting that I am there to help and not to take over their job. The most enjoyable part of the job is not getting involved in the politics. – less
Great company with great perks
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
Great company to work for. They don't just care about your careers, they care about you as an individual. Great work life balance.
Excellent company to work in
Financial Control Compliance Consultant (Current Employee), Fort LauderdaleJuly 31, 2015
Excellent company to work in. During my time of employment I was exposed to various projects that provided me with the great professional background.
Great people to work with.
Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Lots of quality customers.
Cons: Time off between jobs.
Very proactive company. Need a bigger base in Oklahoma City. RGP contacts are always available if you need help, or a problem comes up.
Productive workplace
Mailroom Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 10, 2015
i loved my job there. It was a temp position but i loved it. The management was amazing. My co workers were amazing. I learned that i did my job well
Good Work Life Balance
Consultant (Current Employee), PittsburghJune 5, 2015
Pro's: Getting Paid for every hour you work.

Con's: Can't get a raise because the client will only pay a market rate for your talent. The company always does what's best for the client and not what's – more... best for their consultant's. Long commute's at times. Worst part is they can't keep their consultant's utilized year long so, if you are "benched" you are not paid. This is a good company if you are looking for only some fun money with no career progression. And socially you get called "a temp" at the client's site :-( – less
Family type environment in working with all of the co-workers
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 15, 2015
Pros: The event lunches are so good you forget you are at work.
Cons: Just when you learn a project you have the next one to do.
I find out details of my tasks. I learned how to spear-head so many projects in assisting the consultants. The co-workers are just the best team to work for.

Management is very helpful in assisting – more... with you completing projects in timely manners.

The hardest part of the job is when each project ends and you've had so much collaborating putting it all together.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that by it being a family-type workplace environment you make long lasting relationships for each one's future. – less
hit or miss
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 9, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: downtime
unpaid downtime between projects are very unpredictable, sometime lasting more than a month. Sometimes you may work in a team of other consultants, most of them are very good, but like in any team, some aren't very good.
Flexible schedules and great Business Model
Consultant - Corporate Controller (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 15, 2015
Allows me to be a flexible Management Consultant to drive change solving client's business problems.

As a Project Consultant - exposure to many business issues and interim solutions. I have gained much more respect for problems encountered in the business environment and understand the needs of clients.
Consulting Company
IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2015
Work on location with the company I was assigned to manage their IT projects. Support from Corporate is strong depending on your Manager. Challenging company to work for unless you want a purely consulting type of role.
Excellent work experience.
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2015
I truly enjoyed working in a flexible environment and meeting new clients. RGP management truly look out for their people.
When you get an assignment they seem to be very supportive.
Sr. Consultant Supply Chain Management (Current Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: short term assignments
Cons: not good capture rate on projects compared to other consulting groups.
Good group of people. They are trying to develop a market, which is highly competitive and not much manufacturing in our area.
A great firm to work for if you like contract work.
Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2015
I loved working for RGP. They gave me many interesting projects to work on. I was able to work in several industries and gain experience that increased my value to the company.
Not great for a steady paycheck
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: consultants are world class
Cons: can be placed in a poor assignment and if if does not work out more than normal bench time, i cannot remember the last time that i was reviewed, i do not know how they are going to review consultants when and if we get a raise, no raises in 7 years, what is the incentive, cookies after lunch.
I spent the better part of 10+ years at RGP. In the early years this was a fun place to work. You went from project to project with almost no down time. Project assignments got better as the years went – more... by. I think things started to go downhill during the recession. They now have competition and have to contend with Vendor Management systems or have a inside contact.

This is not a place to make solid plans for yourself unless your spouse is working and can support the family if you are on the bench.

No leadership and no communication with the consultants. The CSD's were better in the early days. Everyone is controlled by HQ and looks to keep margins up. No creative thinking or taking of risk. That is a dirty word.

Co-workers were the best of the best. Delivered real value to client. Most were self-starters.

Last piece of advice: Do not complain. – less
Typical
Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2015
This is a typical consulting company. The have good compensation and benefits (albeit their health insurance is not the best), but no bench. If you do not bill a minimum of 30-hours in each two-week period you are usually out at the end of the month.
Traveling was a great part of the position
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJOctober 29, 2014
As the Operations Manager/Mentor I had the opportunity to manage 3 offices and travel the country opening new offices and training new personnel on the data base system, The management was very supportive in promoting and giving everyone the opportunity to learn. Meeting new employees around the country gave me a large circle of new information.
Great company and position is you like working with people to find creative solutions to business problems in a variety of industries.
Consultant (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: ability to creatively solve business problems, meeting new people and learning new organizations.
Cons: uncertainty regarding next engagement due to dynamic business model.
Working at RGP is a great challenge because each client is unique. If you love working with a variety of people in different companies/industries this will be a great job for you. I have the opportunity – more... to meet new people and help companies to solve their business problems on a daily basis. One of the hardest parts of the job and at the same time one of the most enjoyable parts is having to walk into new organizations and learn the business model, both formal and informal, in a very short period of time.

One of the challenges can be not knowing where your next engagement will be. Management genuinely cares about the consultants and that makes a big difference. – less
You are as good as your last assignment, even then you still feel used.
Associat (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
Cons: poor communication.
Was an associate for ten years, always extended on assignments, but when my last assignment ended I was told I longer had skills that were in demand. I was told to look elsewhere. Got the same feedback from other associates. Would never get a call back.
A well managed organization with good people.
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee), Addison, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: management and account managers that are always working for you.
Cons: benchtime
RGP is a great place to work if you don't mind having some bench time. They do work hard to keep you on projects but sometimes being on the bench is inevitable. Management is great and they listen to their employees. I would recommend RGP to candidates who seek variety in their work life. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to utilize my skillsets but I am also always learning new things!!
RGP
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 4, 2014
Pros: the pay was great; management was always there to answer questions
Cons: we never knew when the current contract would end.
RGP was a great place to work. We were given a project to complete and once completed you could help out your fellow employee until all were done; once completed management would provide additional work – more... each day. We started out with a small crew, but then grew to compensate for the work provided. I keep in contact with my recruiter to assure if there are other projects that requires my skills to place me with that company. – less
Headquarters