RGP

RGP Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Mailroom Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 10, 2015
i loved my job there. It was a temp position but i loved it. The management was amazing. My co workers were amazing. I learned that i did my job well
Good Work Life Balance
Consultant (Current Employee), PittsburghJune 5, 2015
Pro's: Getting Paid for every hour you work.

Con's: Can't get a raise because the client will only pay a market rate for your talent. The company always does what's best for the client and not what's best for their consultant's. Long commute's at times. Worst part is they can't keep their consultant's utilized year long so, if you are "benched" you are not paid. This is a good company if you are looking for only some fun money with no career progression. And socially you get called "a temp" at the client's site :-(
Family type environment in working with all of the co-workers
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 15, 2015
Pros: The event lunches are so good you forget you are at work.
Cons: Just when you learn a project you have the next one to do.
I find out details of my tasks. I learned how to spear-head so many projects in assisting the consultants. The co-workers are just the best team to work for.

Management is very helpful in assisting with you completing projects in timely manners.

The hardest part of the job is when each project ends and you've had so much collaborating putting it all together.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that by it being a family-type workplace environment you make long lasting relationships for each one's future.
hit or miss
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 9, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: downtime
unpaid downtime between projects are very unpredictable, sometime lasting more than a month. Sometimes you may work in a team of other consultants, most of them are very good, but like in any team, some aren't very good.
Flexible schedules and great Business Model
Consultant - Corporate Controller (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 15, 2015
Allows me to be a flexible Management Consultant to drive change solving client's business problems.

As a Project Consultant - exposure to many business issues and interim solutions. I have gained much more respect for problems encountered in the business environment and understand the needs of clients.
Consulting Company
IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2015
Work on location with the company I was assigned to manage their IT projects. Support from Corporate is strong depending on your Manager. Challenging company to work for unless you want a purely consulting type of role.
Excellent work experience.
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2015
I truly enjoyed working in a flexible environment and meeting new clients. RGP management truly look out for their people.
When you get an assignment they seem to be very supportive.
Sr. Consultant Supply Chain Management (Current Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: short term assignments
Cons: not good capture rate on projects compared to other consulting groups.
Good group of people. They are trying to develop a market, which is highly competitive and not much manufacturing in our area.
A great firm to work for if you like contract work.
Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2015
I loved working for RGP. They gave me many interesting projects to work on. I was able to work in several industries and gain experience that increased my value to the company.
Not great for a steady paycheck
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: consultants are world class
Cons: can be placed in a poor assignment and if if does not work out more than normal bench time, i cannot remember the last time that i was reviewed, i do not know how they are going to review consultants when and if we get a raise, no raises in 7 years, what is the incentive, cookies after lunch.
I spent the better part of 10+ years at RGP. In the early years this was a fun place to work. You went from project to project with almost no down time. Project assignments got better as the years went by. I think things started to go downhill during the recession. They now have competition and have to contend with Vendor Management systems or have a inside contact.

This is not a place to make solid plans for yourself unless your spouse is working and can support the family if you are on the bench.

No leadership and no communication with the consultants. The CSD's were better in the early days. Everyone is controlled by HQ and looks to keep margins up. No creative thinking or taking of risk. That is a dirty word.

Co-workers were the best of the best. Delivered real value to client. Most were self-starters.

Last piece of advice: Do not complain.
Typical
Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2015
This is a typical consulting company. The have good compensation and benefits (albeit their health insurance is not the best), but no bench. If you do not bill a minimum of 30-hours in each two-week period you are usually out at the end of the month.
Traveling was a great part of the position
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJOctober 29, 2014
As the Operations Manager/Mentor I had the opportunity to manage 3 offices and travel the country opening new offices and training new personnel on the data base system, The management was very supportive in promoting and giving everyone the opportunity to learn. Meeting new employees around the country gave me a large circle of new information.
Great company and position is you like working with people to find creative solutions to business problems in a variety of industries.
Consultant (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: ability to creatively solve business problems, meeting new people and learning new organizations.
Cons: uncertainty regarding next engagement due to dynamic business model.
Working at RGP is a great challenge because each client is unique. If you love working with a variety of people in different companies/industries this will be a great job for you. I have the opportunity to meet new people and help companies to solve their business problems on a daily basis. One of the hardest parts of the job and at the same time one of the most enjoyable parts is having to walk into new organizations and learn the business model, both formal and informal, in a very short period of time.

One of the challenges can be not knowing where your next engagement will be. Management genuinely cares about the consultants and that makes a big difference.
You are as good as your last assignment, even then you still feel used.
Associat (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
Cons: poor communication.
Was an associate for ten years, always extended on assignments, but when my last assignment ended I was told I longer had skills that were in demand. I was told to look elsewhere. Got the same feedback from other associates. Would never get a call back.
A well managed organization with good people.
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee), Addison, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: management and account managers that are always working for you.
Cons: benchtime
RGP is a great place to work if you don't mind having some bench time. They do work hard to keep you on projects but sometimes being on the bench is inevitable. Management is great and they listen to their employees. I would recommend RGP to candidates who seek variety in their work life. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to utilize my skillsets but I am also always learning new things!!
RGP
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 4, 2014
Pros: the pay was great; management was always there to answer questions
Cons: we never knew when the current contract would end.
RGP was a great place to work. We were given a project to complete and once completed you could help out your fellow employee until all were done; once completed management would provide additional work each day. We started out with a small crew, but then grew to compensate for the work provided. I keep in contact with my recruiter to assure if there are other projects that requires my skills to place me with that company.
Work at client sites of Tier-1 financial services firms
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Cons: no bonuses, no opportunity for advancement
Helped CFOs and Controllers navigate Dodd-Frank regulations and maintain regulatory reporting compliance.
Great place with wonderful professionals to work with.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: in-between job down time may be unpredictable
I enjoy RGP for the approach they take in taking care of their consultants which allows them to pick and choose the career paths best suited for their skills and which make sure their lives outside the work are taken care of as well.
Consultant for Payroll, Time & Labor, PeopleSoft, & ADP
Consultant Company (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 11, 2014
On a typical day, I researched and provided assistance with HR and Payroll issues.
Very nice place to work. Management and offices are great.
Consultant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2014
Pros: great working atmosphere
Cons: not a consistant flow of work opportunities for me
Management of the company find jobs for the consultants to work. Almost all jobs are on the clients site. Very nice job but when the economy struggles it is hard to find work.
The hardest part of the job is finding the work. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing the work.

1 2 3

About RGP

RGP is an international consulting firm that works inside business to build capabilities; craft strategies and tactics; plan and – Read more

RGP Salaries