RGP Employee Reviews

A contracting/recruiting agency that conducts itself with the a high degree of professionalism
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2016
RGP is a contracting/recruiting agency that is professional in every area, offers FTE benefits and many opportunities for professional growth
Great place to work particularly for a Temporary agency
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 16, 2015
Probably one of the best Temporary agencies around, in terms of compensation, benefits, management and professionalism.
Pros
Management involved and easy to work with
Cons
No reimbursement for assignments greater than 55 miles - one way
Good environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2015
All colleagues are very knowledgeable and helpful.
Good work environment and culture.
Senior management is very approachable.
It's a temporary agency
consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2015
It's all about RGP's bottom line just like any other temporary agency. You are a "temp" at the client's site and when your project ends, you will be waiting for your next assignment.
Pros
If your project is more than 30 miles away from home, you are reimbursed for mileage.
Cons
temporary assignments, there is no "career" track, low wages
Collaborative work environments with senior-level clients
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2015
RGP management excels at balancing their Fortune 500-client expectations with their consultants need for better life-control. Worked on various RGP client projects during a three year period and always a rewarding and career-enhancing experience.
Overall great place to work
MANAGER / INVOICING SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 16, 2015
Overall great place to work. Culture has changed over time as with any company. They offered a great work/life balance.
Accounting Consultant
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2015
I am a lead consultant directing the consulting job of other consultants. The job may be project oriented for example converting to new software, consolidating the accounting activities to a central location etc. The management that I work directly with are the client service directors who find the projects we work on. They generally don't get involved other than to bring on new consultants if needed. My co-workers are generally CPA's who have many years experience either on a consulting basis or managers or controllers from a variety of corporations. The hardest part of the job is convincing people where I am doing the consulting that I am there to help and not to take over their job. The most enjoyable part of the job is not getting involved in the politics.
Pros
I consult on many different projects giving me well rounded experiences
Cons
Fewer holidays, salary doesn't grow fast.
Great company with great perks
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
Great company to work for. They don't just care about your careers, they care about you as an individual. Great work life balance.
Excellent company to work in
Financial Control Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleJuly 31, 2015
Excellent company to work in. During my time of employment I was exposed to various projects that provided me with the great professional background.
Great people to work with.
Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2015
Very proactive company. Need a bigger base in Oklahoma City. RGP contacts are always available if you need help, or a problem comes up.
Pros
Lots of quality customers.
Cons
Time off between jobs.
Productive workplace
Mailroom Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 10, 2015
i loved my job there. It was a temp position but i loved it. The management was amazing. My co workers were amazing. I learned that i did my job well
Good Work Life Balance
Consultant (Current Employee) –  PittsburghJune 5, 2015
Pro's: Getting Paid for every hour you work.

Con's: Can't get a raise because the client will only pay a market rate for your talent. The company always does what's best for the client and not what's best for their consultant's. Long commute's at times. Worst part is they can't keep their consultant's utilized year long so, if you are "benched" you are not paid. This is a good company if you are looking for only some fun money with no career progression. And socially you get called "a temp" at the client's site :-(
Family type environment in working with all of the co-workers
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2015
I find out details of my tasks. I learned how to spear-head so many projects in assisting the consultants. The co-workers are just the best team to work for.

Management is very helpful in assisting with you completing projects in timely manners.

The hardest part of the job is when each project ends and you've had so much collaborating putting it all together.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that by it being a family-type workplace environment you make long lasting relationships for each one's future.
Pros
The event lunches are so good you forget you are at work.
Cons
Just when you learn a project you have the next one to do.
hit or miss
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2015
unpaid downtime between projects are very unpredictable, sometime lasting more than a month. Sometimes you may work in a team of other consultants, most of them are very good, but like in any team, some aren't very good.
Pros
great people
Cons
downtime
Flexible schedules and great Business Model
Consultant - Corporate Controller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2015
Allows me to be a flexible Management Consultant to drive change solving client's business problems.

As a Project Consultant - exposure to many business issues and interim solutions. I have gained much more respect for problems encountered in the business environment and understand the needs of clients.
Consulting Company
IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2015
Work on location with the company I was assigned to manage their IT projects. Support from Corporate is strong depending on your Manager. Challenging company to work for unless you want a purely consulting type of role.
Excellent work experience.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2015
I truly enjoyed working in a flexible environment and meeting new clients. RGP management truly look out for their people.
When you get an assignment they seem to be very supportive.
Sr. Consultant Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Good group of people. They are trying to develop a market, which is highly competitive and not much manufacturing in our area.
Pros
short term assignments
Cons
not good capture rate on projects compared to other consulting groups.
A great firm to work for if you like contract work.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2015
I loved working for RGP. They gave me many interesting projects to work on. I was able to work in several industries and gain experience that increased my value to the company.
Not great for a steady paycheck
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2015
I spent the better part of 10+ years at RGP. In the early years this was a fun place to work. You went from project to project with almost no down time. Project assignments got better as the years went by. I think things started to go downhill during the recession. They now have competition and have to contend with Vendor Management systems or have a inside contact.

This is not a place to make solid plans for yourself unless your spouse is working and can support the family if you are on the bench.

No leadership and no communication with the consultants. The CSD's were better in the early days. Everyone is controlled by HQ and looks to keep margins up. No creative thinking or taking of risk. That is a dirty word.

Co-workers were the best of the best. Delivered real value to client. Most were self-starters.

Last piece of advice: Do not complain.
Pros
consultants are world class
Cons
can be placed in a poor assignment and if if does not work out more than normal bench time, i cannot remember the last time that i was reviewed, i do not know how they are going to review consultants when and if we get a raise, no raises in 7 years, what is the incentive, cookies after lunch.

4.2