RGP Employee Reviews

RPG Is temp work at best
Consultant - Strategic Sourcing Vertical (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 25, 2016
I was engaged on behalf of RPG for several clients. The primary engagement was for strategic sourcing for an aerospace holding company, which was having trouble with billed receivables. With a cashflow crunch, it became clear a couple of weeks into the project that RPG was not going to be paid timely, if at all (client payables were 120+ days out). While this should have raised a flag with RPG, the account manager (who'd landed the engagement) was too busy to follow up.

I succeeded with deliverables and handed off work over two weeks before leaving. While I'd been paid, I found RPG was not well-positioned to collect fees or successfully target client verticals (an observation I attribute to how client engagements are managed with account management). Still, I had a great time on the engagements and wish RPG well.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Engagement model needs improvement
Great opportunity
Accounting and Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2016
I had a great experience with RGP. The management team was amazing. I felt like they cared about me personally and professionally. I loved the challenges of new clients and opportunities.
RGP is a great place for the culture and location
SME Regulatory Reporting - Organizational D&D (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2016
RGP Provided a great platform for me to enter the clients site as a verifiable solution to the issue and need. The pay was very adequate and the personal touch was an amazing plus.
Pros
Great Pay and staff interaction
Cons
Short assignments (90days)
Very Professional Environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2016
Really enjoyed working for RGP in different assignments throughout Houston's Oil & Gas clients. I learned new contracting and purchasing techniques and how to deal with the variety of management styles.
MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 22, 2016
Good place to work - when they have work. This can be an unstable environment when contracts end. They often rely upon contract end date vs. what consultants tell management.
Great place to work.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2016
Great place to work. Flexibility and variety in work. Not salaried, you are paid for the hours you work. So make sure to save for a rainy day, when you are not assigned to a client.
Great ability to use your knowledge
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2016
RGP is an excellent company in providing value and talent to their clients. When you are on assignment, the company provides you with the support required and you work directly with the client. The only major issue with the position is that which is with most consulting firms is the issue of downtime, not on assignment. Unfortunately the company must staff to their highest need level, which means that there can be periods of no work, which can last a very short time or can last for long periods. Travel can be very heavy so if not a road warrior, this is not the company for you.
Pros
Pay and working with clients
Cons
Travel and downtime
Great Atmosphere and Great People
Client Services Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2016
The people that work at RGP are outgoing and extremely hard working. If you want to work for a firm where you truly feel like part of a team then come to RGP.
Offers Flexible Work Scheduling
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2016
Resources allows for a flexible work life balance while also offering exposure to various clients in a wide range of industries.
Great company to work for, focused on the consultants and the clients
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2016
Great company to work for. Focuses on the consultant and on
the client. Interesting and flexible engagements. Ample educational opportunities. Growing business.
Professional environment
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2016
A joy to work with such an elite group of professionals. I would recommend, and have recommended to friends and colleagues.
Nice company to work for
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 15, 2016
The are a very good company to work for.

They give consultants holiday pay and paid time off.

They do what they can to keep you in the field working.
Pros
paid for m parking in Downtown Dallas
Great place to work particularly for a Temporary agency
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 16, 2015
Probably one of the best Temporary agencies around, in terms of compensation, benefits, management and professionalism.
Pros
Management involved and easy to work with
Cons
No reimbursement for assignments greater than 55 miles - one way
A contracting/recruiting agency that conducts itself with the a high degree of professionalism
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2016
RGP is a contracting/recruiting agency that is professional in every area, offers FTE benefits and many opportunities for professional growth
It's a temporary agency
consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2015
It's all about RGP's bottom line just like any other temporary agency. You are a "temp" at the client's site and when your project ends, you will be waiting for your next assignment.
Pros
If your project is more than 30 miles away from home, you are reimbursed for mileage.
Cons
temporary assignments, there is no "career" track, low wages
Collaborative work environments with senior-level clients
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2015
RGP management excels at balancing their Fortune 500-client expectations with their consultants need for better life-control. Worked on various RGP client projects during a three year period and always a rewarding and career-enhancing experience.
Accounting Consultant
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2015
I am a lead consultant directing the consulting job of other consultants. The job may be project oriented for example converting to new software, consolidating the accounting activities to a central location etc. The management that I work directly with are the client service directors who find the projects we work on. They generally don't get involved other than to bring on new consultants if needed. My co-workers are generally CPA's who have many years experience either on a consulting basis or managers or controllers from a variety of corporations. The hardest part of the job is convincing people where I am doing the consulting that I am there to help and not to take over their job. The most enjoyable part of the job is not getting involved in the politics.
Pros
I consult on many different projects giving me well rounded experiences
Cons
Fewer holidays, salary doesn't grow fast.
Good Work Life Balance
Consultant (Current Employee) –  PittsburghJune 5, 2015
Pro's: Getting Paid for every hour you work.

Con's: Can't get a raise because the client will only pay a market rate for your talent. The company always does what's best for the client and not what's best for their consultant's. Long commute's at times. Worst part is they can't keep their consultant's utilized year long so, if you are "benched" you are not paid. This is a good company if you are looking for only some fun money with no career progression. And socially you get called "a temp" at the client's site :-(
Family type environment in working with all of the co-workers
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2015
I find out details of my tasks. I learned how to spear-head so many projects in assisting the consultants. The co-workers are just the best team to work for.

Management is very helpful in assisting with you completing projects in timely manners.

The hardest part of the job is when each project ends and you've had so much collaborating putting it all together.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that by it being a family-type workplace environment you make long lasting relationships for each one's future.
Pros
The event lunches are so good you forget you are at work.
Cons
Just when you learn a project you have the next one to do.
Flexible schedules and great Business Model
Consultant - Corporate Controller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2015
Allows me to be a flexible Management Consultant to drive change solving client's business problems.

As a Project Consultant - exposure to many business issues and interim solutions. I have gained much more respect for problems encountered in the business environment and understand the needs of clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RGP. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2