RGP

RGP United States Employee Reviews

Flexible schedules and great Business Model
Consultant - Corporate Controller (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 15, 2015
Allows me to be a flexible Management Consultant to drive change solving client's business problems.

As a Project Consultant - exposure to many business issues and interim solutions. I have gained much more respect for problems encountered in the business environment and understand the needs of clients.
Consulting Company
IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2015
Work on location with the company I was assigned to manage their IT projects. Support from Corporate is strong depending on your Manager. Challenging company to work for unless you want a purely consulting type of role.
Excellent work experience.
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2015
I truly enjoyed working in a flexible environment and meeting new clients. RGP management truly look out for their people.
A great firm to work for if you like contract work.
Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2015
I loved working for RGP. They gave me many interesting projects to work on. I was able to work in several industries and gain experience that increased my value to the company.
Not great for a steady paycheck
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: consultants are world class
Cons: can be placed in a poor assignment and if if does not work out more than normal bench time, i cannot remember the last time that i was reviewed, i do not know how they are going to review consultants when and if we get a raise, no raises in 7 years, what is the incentive, cookies after lunch.
I spent the better part of 10+ years at RGP. In the early years this was a fun place to work. You went from project to project with almost no down time. Project assignments got better as the years went by. I think things started to go downhill during the recession. They now have competition and have to contend with Vendor Management systems or have a inside contact.

This is not a place to make solid plans for yourself unless your spouse is working and can support the family if you are on the bench.

No leadership and no communication with the consultants. The CSD's were better in the early days. Everyone is controlled by HQ and looks to keep margins up. No creative thinking or taking of risk. That is a dirty word.

Co-workers were the best of the best. Delivered real value to client. Most were self-starters.

Last piece of advice: Do not complain.
Typical
Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2015
This is a typical consulting company. The have good compensation and benefits (albeit their health insurance is not the best), but no bench. If you do not bill a minimum of 30-hours in each two-week period you are usually out at the end of the month.
Traveling was a great part of the position
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJOctober 29, 2014
As the Operations Manager/Mentor I had the opportunity to manage 3 offices and travel the country opening new offices and training new personnel on the data base system, The management was very supportive in promoting and giving everyone the opportunity to learn. Meeting new employees around the country gave me a large circle of new information.
Great company and position is you like working with people to find creative solutions to business problems in a variety of industries.
Consultant (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: ability to creatively solve business problems, meeting new people and learning new organizations.
Cons: uncertainty regarding next engagement due to dynamic business model.
Working at RGP is a great challenge because each client is unique. If you love working with a variety of people in different companies/industries this will be a great job for you. I have the opportunity to meet new people and help companies to solve their business problems on a daily basis. One of the hardest parts of the job and at the same time one of the most enjoyable parts is having to walk into new organizations and learn the business model, both formal and informal, in a very short period of time.

One of the challenges can be not knowing where your next engagement will be. Management genuinely cares about the consultants and that makes a big difference.
You are as good as your last assignment, even then you still feel used.
Associat (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
Cons: poor communication.
Was an associate for ten years, always extended on assignments, but when my last assignment ended I was told I longer had skills that were in demand. I was told to look elsewhere. Got the same feedback from other associates. Would never get a call back.
A well managed organization with good people.
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee), Addison, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: management and account managers that are always working for you.
Cons: benchtime
RGP is a great place to work if you don't mind having some bench time. They do work hard to keep you on projects but sometimes being on the bench is inevitable. Management is great and they listen to their employees. I would recommend RGP to candidates who seek variety in their work life. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to utilize my skillsets but I am also always learning new things!!
RGP
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 4, 2014
Pros: the pay was great; management was always there to answer questions
Cons: we never knew when the current contract would end.
RGP was a great place to work. We were given a project to complete and once completed you could help out your fellow employee until all were done; once completed management would provide additional work each day. We started out with a small crew, but then grew to compensate for the work provided. I keep in contact with my recruiter to assure if there are other projects that requires my skills to place me with that company.
Work at client sites of Tier-1 financial services firms
Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Cons: no bonuses, no opportunity for advancement
Helped CFOs and Controllers navigate Dodd-Frank regulations and maintain regulatory reporting compliance.
Great place with wonderful professionals to work with.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: in-between job down time may be unpredictable
I enjoy RGP for the approach they take in taking care of their consultants which allows them to pick and choose the career paths best suited for their skills and which make sure their lives outside the work are taken care of as well.
Consultant for Payroll, Time & Labor, PeopleSoft, & ADP
Consultant Company (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 11, 2014
On a typical day, I researched and provided assistance with HR and Payroll issues.
Very nice place to work. Management and offices are great.
Consultant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2014
Pros: great working atmosphere
Cons: not a consistant flow of work opportunities for me
Management of the company find jobs for the consultants to work. Almost all jobs are on the clients site. Very nice job but when the economy struggles it is hard to find work.
The hardest part of the job is finding the work. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing the work.
Successfully implementing the process improvements for better client services
Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 4, 2014
Pros: great organization and servxces to the public
Cons: poor skills of senior revenue department management
I was hired as the Interim Director of Billing. My immediately responsibility was to improve relations with clients so as to improve billing and collection activities and implement process improvements.

The environment was politically difficult with staff, due to the poor relations with the department director out on maternity leave and my supervisor the Vice President of Revenue.

I had to build relationships, gain trust, identify needed process improvements and implement the changes immediately. I was successful.

My engagement was initially for 3 months and was extended for an additional 3 months to allow my improvements to become sustainable.

I hired and trained new staff, embraced the talents of the current staff and reorganized daily activities for efficient services to physician clients and all payers of the medical claims.

I worked with senior management and improved department response times for inter-departmental requests, I wrote and implemented corporate policy for client and inter-departmental protocols and activities.

While it was difficult to work with the resistant and uncooperative department supervisor and her loyal staff, within 3 weeks from starting the job I improved billing process so that on Dec. 06, 2011, my department billed out $12,622,000.00 in one day.

The most enjoyable part of the engagement was jointly celebrating the department's achievement of collecting 95% of the $12,622,000.00, enabling the department to exceed the year end Novartis corporate goal by $2,000,000.00!
Accounting & Finance Professional
Consultant (Accounting & Finance) (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 11, 2014
With RGP, clients are able to leverage my wide range of accounting, FP&A, compliance/audit and budgeting experiences to successfully fulfill a variety of roles whether as an interim role replacement, as a project leader and/or team member, or as a strategic partner.
Reliable professional coworkers
Supply Chain Management Consultant Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: challenging project work
Cons: project work is very unreliable
Very good consulting firm whose clients offered challenging work in a constant changing energy market.
Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Assisted corporate clients with their respective Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance and internal control programs. Responsibilities included: completing 302/404 testing requirements, evaluating the design of internal controls, conducting control self-assessments, providing recommendations for improving internal control environment, developing policies and procedures, creating and revising business continuity plans and assisting clients as needed.
Pleasant wotk environment.
Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 12, 2013
Pros: fexible hours.
Cons: no cons.
RGP was a great company to work for. I was there to do an assigned job and this is what was done. Once I was assigned my specific duties for the day, the those were done with little to no supervision since we were all mature adults that knew exactly what was to be done. The days were very pleasant and management was great. Management considered themselves as employees and often stated that we were all equal, there to get the jobs done. Co-workers were great and we all worked as one team. When these things are done with most everyone having positive attitudes the job in itself is enjoyable.

1 2 3

About RGP

RGP is an international consulting firm that works inside business to build capabilities; craft strategies and tactics; plan and – Read more

RGP Salaries