RHA Health Services Employee Reviews

Could use improvement
Clinician (Former Employee) –  NCOctober 19, 2017
I was employed as a clinician/therapist. My main reasons for leaving this position were due to bullying management tactics, lack of respect toward professionals at the office from upper management, and a few late paychecks. When employees tried to speak up were told, "at least you have a job". I absolutely loved my job and the people that I helped along the way. The health insurance benefits were reasonable. Pay was ok ( not always timely though). Productivity standards were overwhelming, but that's common with most any mental health agency. Would consider returning with a culture shift and supportive, receptive, and well trained managers.
Pros
Clients, reasonable pto, and health insurance
Cons
Poor management, undervalued employees, some unspoken bullying tactics
Great work place
Direct Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCOctober 8, 2017
Good environment to work, individuals in autistic living group home are high functioning with the ability to handle everyday living routines with assistance.
Pros
great environment
Cons
part time
Day Nurse Manager/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 6, 2017
Great place to work. Loved the patients. Most staff were team players and worked well together. Did not have people calling out of work on a regular basis.
consider yourself warned
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAOctober 6, 2017
To much work for the pay. They expect you to do your job and theirs too. No room to advance. No raises. Management sucks. Their not even qualified for their jobs.
Great place to work you get attached very quickly it can get stressful at times however the good out weights the bad.
DSA (Former Employee) –  NCOctober 1, 2017
Very competitive good atmosphere and great people a bit stressful at times however not all the time. Good communication is needed in this field also patience.
Pros
Recognized for your work on a daily basis
Cons
Some days are not as easy to deal with.
Very nice environment to work
Certified nursing assistant 2 (Current Employee) –  Lagrange North CarolinaSeptember 29, 2017
It's been a great pleasure working with RHA have to relocate due to hour and a half Drive all department heads was very nice and pleasant and very easy to get along with
I really use to like my job until I relocated.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNSeptember 27, 2017
Like I stated it use to be a great place to work until I came to Mt Juliet and I had to work with a Home Manager who was not professional and did not know how to talk to people. so I resigned
stressful place to work with little support from upper managment
Partner (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NCSeptember 26, 2017
Lack of upper management support.
High work load expectations.
extensive travel.
high turnover
lots of changes on requirements

positive:
staff that care about the consumers
Good place to work for but pay is to low.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 23, 2017
The company as a whole is good to work for with excellent benefits. But the benefits do not out weigh the fact that the hourly wage is so low compared to other companies in the field.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
enjoy the clients I served
DT 3 (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCSeptember 22, 2017
Enjoyed the clients I served. I really enjoyed learning the clients and grew good therapeutic relationships with the people that I served. I learned about different behaviors and learned how to adapt to and assist in the clients daily lives.
Pros
extra overtime
Cons
mandatory holdovers
Excellent Vision, Poor Actualization
Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 20, 2017
As an administrator, I had amazing people working under me and at my level. People were passionate about their work and those they served. They supported each other and strove for excellence in their work with their clients.

The management above me was a different story. An internal survey of all employees indicated that this perspective was consistent throughout the company. Most processes are manual - QA, financial reports, outcomes data, etc.; as a manager, I spent more time completing reports than I did supporting my employees or focusing on improving quality of service and service offerings. Compliance and productivity are the primary performance measures incentivized. I had many conversations about how the clients - our whole reason for being there - fell off of the executive priority list.
Company was fair.
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NC 28732September 19, 2017
Company was fair. Job was flexible, rewarding, and difficult at times. Building relationships with the consumers was great. It is great to bond with a disabled person and give of yourself.
Pros
theraputic relationships form with consumers
Cons
Leaving
CNA (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 18, 2017
stress free atmosphere. Flexible hours, fair management and great benefit as well as pay. Great communication with management and staff. Cross training available.
RHA is for Starters
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 13, 2017
RHA is an okay job (for starters). If you truly care and have a passion for the disable and intellectual community and don't mind being yelled at or cursed/hit at, this is the place! I liked working here, however, it wasn't all I thought it'd be. However, Great Staff to work with and the clients, you'll fall in love with (on a friendly basis)
Pros
Great Staff, Great schedule
Cons
Poor Management, understaffed, very unorganized, less pay
Great place to work and I enjoyed the staff.
Substance Abuse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 8, 2017
I really enjoyed working at RHA. I am a people person and I worked with great clients. My clients were very cooperative and enjoy my service to them. I worked with the community of Davidson County and we were received with a lot of Love. I was sad when I got laid off.
Pros
We would have picinics together and had a lot of fun.
Cons
Great administration and they were very helpful to their employees.
Very fast paced and full of daily adventures
Peer Support Specialist/ DPTT Peer (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 6, 2017
Days could sometimes be unpredictable due to the nature of clients, however training was supported and encouraged often. There is open door policy with most management making them easy to speak with about concerns or exciting news. People you work with and people you serve are amazing and individual, making every day unique and full of possibilities.
Pros
supportive environment, stipends for travel, phone, Pto
Cons
Unpredictable schedule, lots of documentation that is often unpaid time.
Dispatcher/QP First Responder/CST Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCSeptember 6, 2017
Worked with clients in the field providing services teaching clients the skills needed to be successful in everyday life without being hospitalized. The goal was to keep them from calling the crisis line by meeting their needs during the working hours.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hours spent on the road
Hectic Environment
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 5, 2017
They take care of their Employees. Great management. Accept all cultures and ethnicity. Very open-minded environment. Hardest Part of the job would be dealing with the employees.
Money drives services
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 31, 2017
Nothing good to say..unfriendly, disrespectful towards direct care staff, all about the money. Lack of communication, DSPs overworked, won't provide services needed
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Management, corporate, communication, lack of respect
Very unorganized & unprofessional. No raises and no career advancements!
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, NCAugust 31, 2017
Over worked and under paid. No career advancements and no raises. Very unprofessional and very unorganized. I love the clients I work with and have built great relationships with them, but RHA has very poor management and lack of communication skills from management.
Pros
Gained great relationships with consumers
Cons
Very unorganized and very unprofessional. Lack of communication skills from management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RHA Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9