RHA Howell Employee Reviews

Flexible work Schedule
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), RaleighAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: No benefits
You manage your own schedule. Flexible work week. Great working with consumers and helping them find employment. The hardest part of the job is working without benefits.
Fun and life changing
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCAugust 19, 2015
I love working with the clients and its very life changing not only for me but to the clients. I have learned to never take life for granted because you never know when you may need help of your own.
Family Environment
Employment Support Professional (Current Employee), NCMay 12, 2015
Pros: Make your own schedule
Cons: part time
I love my co workers and supervisor! Schedule flexibility but no benefits because it's high end part time. I enjoy the population I work with and the staff I've met. I've been in some form of Health and Human Service field since she 16. It's challenging, but the rewards are greater.
Helpful work place.
Developmental Technician (Current Employee), charlotte , NCMay 6, 2015
Provide routine physical,emotional,psychological or rehabilitative care under directions.
Provide a safe and sanitary environment.
Assist with meals and implement interventions when necessary.
Always productive, and interacting
Direct Care (Current Employee), La Grange, NCDecember 30, 2014
Any given day can be full of surprises. The staff all work together for firstly the safety of each individual. My main reason for having this job is to promote Independence, so that one day maybe the individuals would be able to return home and possibly be able to do for themselves. That's what gives me so much joy about my days, knowing that I'm partaking in rehabilitating peoples lives.
I LOVE MY JOB
Senior Citizen Housing. and RHA (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: the clients
Cons: breaks, the superviors
THIS PLACE IS AWFUL I WOUDLNT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO WORK HERE. THE CLIENTS ARE THE BEST PART OF MY DAY
RHA Howell
direct care staff (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2014
I think RHA Howell was a good place to work when just leaving school for the experience. However, the placement of the staff and which individuals were pulled or the patients in which they were in charge of was completely political.
Howell center
Caregiver (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 10, 2014
Pros: benfits, paid time off, full time
Cons: shorts breaks
a typical day is when I get there I get the clients up and shower them and then I would feed them and then brush their teeth and then I move them out of their wheelchairs for about an hour and then by this time is time to get the clients up for lunch and then after lunch they go down for rest for about an hour and then up and make sure they are clean and dry then they will be ready for 2nd shift to come in. I learned how to care for people with disabilities, this is my first job doing this work. my co-works are nice and helpful. the hardest part about this job is I guess when the clients have a behavior. the must enjoyable part is getting to know the clients and leaning how the clients communicate in they own way.
what you learned
Developmental Technician (Current Employee), GreensboroApril 28, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: low pay
Every client is different and special in there own way.The clients make it worth while to come to work on the regular. Need more professionalism in the work place.
Great workplace
Direct Care Staff, Cooking (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: hard worker, free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Direct Care Staff, Cooking, bathing, feeding, dressing and transportation of resident patients.
It is an excellent company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCDecember 25, 2013
Pros: working to help individuals obtain their daily goals.
Cons: none.
It is a very rewarding job, because you get the chance to help individuals that can't help themselves. The Overall rating is a 5 star.
Very busy.
Direct care staff (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 17, 2013
Pros: teaching
Cons: low pay
I worked 2nd shift so I worked with client on their habs. activities,feed client and prepared them for bed.
I learned how to care for handicap and mental ill clients.
Management good at teaching how to care for clients.
Co-worker where great to work with.
the hardest part of the job was working for little money.
I enjoy teach client how to do things for themshelf.
Fun place to work and enjoy outings with clients.
Direct Care Staff, Med-Aide, Supervisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 11, 2013
Pros: interacting with clients
Cons: poor planning and execution.
Assisting mentally handicap clients with everyday living activities.
loved the residents I helped take care of
Patient Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: spending time with the residents
Cons: not much team work. a lot of slacking off of other employees not completing their tasks
team work is a must in this line of work.was not always there.
Fun and Loving Work Place
Direct Care Taker (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2013
Pros: worry free work environment
Cons: concerns aren't taken seriously
A typical day at work began with me clocking in and going to my assigned side of the facility. Everyday the group of care takers assigned to that side are split up into different classrooms. Different activities were always an option in each of the three rooms until snack and during dinner. Between meals activities such as watching movies, playing outside, or field trips. After dinner is served the care takers clean the rooms, disinfect toys and surfaces, and are then assigned 2-3 clients to bathe and prepare for bed. Once all clients are in bed, full time care takers sit at appointed doors and monitor the area. Usually 3-7 care takers per hall.
It was ok.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2013
Pros: you don't have to wear a uniform.
Cons: it's just like high school, drama, and not very professional. even on the supervisors part.
The job is incredibly easy, just stay to yourself and do your job. The people that work there and get involved with each other makes so much drama it's almost like high school. So if applying you'll definitely get hired because people quit and get fired so much.
horrible supervisor
habilitation aide (Former Employee), NCApril 30, 2013
Cons: you want get your raises if your not liked, full of drama
These people are backstabbing, two faced, and start trouble. All the high position staff have each others back and work together to get rid of people they dont like or ignore when one of there own mistreats lower level employees. Alot of the staff are also lazy and they will try to put alot of work on one person, while they talk or do something else. Its a big clique and if your not apart of it, you have very hard work ahead. They are very few decent people that work out there, and they are very unorganized and wait until they have ICF to get organized.
Felt good to know I was helping special needs individuals with every day living situations.
Employment Specialist Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 4, 2013
Pros: getting to know clients
Cons: pay rate and appreciation value of employees
-Assist physical, mental, and developmental individuals with every day living tasks and situations.
-That the clients are a lot more intelligent then most people would know.
-Management was all over the place
-Some co workers were slackers and some did the job correctly
-Hardest part of the job was bringing home a paycheck that is not equivalent to the amount of time, effort, care, emotion you give.
-Helping people that are less fortunate of being able to do things on their own.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Clear Creek, NCFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: good job
Cons: pay
Work with consumers on there short term and long term goals prepare them for dinner then bed time
RHA is a nice place accept they focus more on budget than clients need
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 16, 2012
I have about 17 staff and 14 clients. I manage the kitchen as well. it is a extremly busie day for me .