RHA Howell Employee Reviews

Always learning and showing knowledge.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 24, 2017
This company is about helping under privileged teens and adults to obtain employment and maintain it successfully. RHA Howell is a company of employment Specialists, have employed many individuals and is continuing this day. They take the time to consider the needs of the client and client back grounds, the strengths and weaknesses of the client to determine what job is best for them. Everyone pitches in to ensure that the client is fitted to the best possible job. It is my belief that if you do something you love, you'll be good at it and keep it for a long time.
Pros
All of the jobs either gave the lunch for free or gave an incredible discount.
Cons
We ate when the client ate which was often.
Don't do it y'all.
Direct Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverbend, NCMay 17, 2017
DONT DO IT..... the head people are the problem the pay good.. but if you can avoid it DONT DO IT... especially NOT Solarium!!!! Worst job I ever had so many problems. And headaches there.
Pros
Money, Clients
Cons
Supervisors Coworkers and all head people.
Company is focused on increased revenue rather than assisting clients
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 9, 2017
Company president who supposedly advocates for the disabled was appalled that an obese applicant was hired. Discriminatory practices and daily phone calls accounting for incoming revenue. Poor pay for employees working long hours. No training. Constant pressure.
More con than pros
Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lagrange ncApril 22, 2017
Ok place to work to get experience the clients are awesome the head people need help the head people make it hard to stay on the job for a long time no benefit nothing to fall back on
Pros
The clients
Cons
Bad work heads
Provides fun activities for clients
Direct Staff (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoy working at RHA. I have worked all shifts but I am assigned to third shift.I have learned how to pass medications. I am the only one on my shift but the other shifts have two or three employees. The hardest part is trying to stay awake on third because it is so peaceful and quiet but you must stay busy.
One of the best companies to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 20, 2016
Fantastic working environment with friendly coworkers. Upward mobility is somewhat of a problem. Management is very open and willing to address issues.
Housekeeper, the clients.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 26, 2016
I never had a problem with keeping things cleaned and well organized. I work well with others, the co-workers were very helpful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the individuals.
Productive and fun workplace
Dietary Assistant & Cook (Former Employee) –  La Grange, NCSeptember 3, 2016
I've learned how to cook better and healthier. Got to try new and different recipes. Enjoyed catering the parties or events that they had for the clients.
Great Place to work for!
habitional specialist (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJune 13, 2016
RHA is a place for serious employees only! The staff who works there are dictated to provide great service to the terminal ill. The management team does not appreciate all the hard work these employees does.
Inconsistent practices and information, hostile environment, management deflects and avoids accountability. Managements own insecurities prevent growt
Employment Support Professional (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 9, 2016
Met clients assisted with career searches. Met with various employers to network on behalf on the clients interested in obtaining employment. Completed documentation. Completed intake assessment.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Dysfunctional Manager
Productive and caring environement.
Paraprofessional Aide (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2016
To work at this place your mind must be focused,, and passionate for other. Not only for others but for certain group of individuals that depend on you in life.
It's a job
Behavior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 4, 2016
Management does not care about the staff; you don't have a feeling of security or that you matter with this section of the company. Other sections may be awesome but this section is interesting!!!! My direct boss is AWESOME!
did not like
Developmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 26, 2015
did not like this company at all they hid things from state and only wanted to come around or out to the houses when state was coming or it was time to switch out meds.
good place to work and not too far
Personal/ Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Greensboro NCAugust 26, 2015
Take care of clients and cooking and cleaning, Take them out on outings and church give them medicine, put them in shower and bed.
Pros
Working with clients and helping the elderly
Cons
hourly pay
Flexible work Schedule
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  RaleighAugust 20, 2015
You manage your own schedule. Flexible work week. Great working with consumers and helping them find employment. The hardest part of the job is working without benefits.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No benefits
Fun and life changing
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCAugust 19, 2015
I love working with the clients and its very life changing not only for me but to the clients. I have learned to never take life for granted because you never know when you may need help of your own.
Family Environment
Employment Support Professional (Current Employee) –  NCMay 12, 2015
I love my co workers and supervisor! Schedule flexibility but no benefits because it's high end part time. I enjoy the population I work with and the staff I've met. I've been in some form of Health and Human Service field since she 16. It's challenging, but the rewards are greater.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
part time
Helpful work place.
Developmental Technician (Current Employee) –  charlotte , NCMay 6, 2015
Provide routine physical,emotional,psychological or rehabilitative care under directions.
Provide a safe and sanitary environment.
Assist with meals and implement interventions when necessary.
Always productive, and interacting
Direct Care (Current Employee) –  La Grange, NCDecember 30, 2014
Any given day can be full of surprises. The staff all work together for firstly the safety of each individual. My main reason for having this job is to promote Independence, so that one day maybe the individuals would be able to return home and possibly be able to do for themselves. That's what gives me so much joy about my days, knowing that I'm partaking in rehabilitating peoples lives.
I love my job
Senior Citizen Housing. and RHA (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 30, 2014
This place is awful I woudlnt recommend anyone to work here. The clients are the best part of my day
Pros
The clients
Cons
Breaks, The superviors