RHA

RHA Employee Reviews

Very large company
Behavioral Health Professional (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 21, 2015
I love my co-workers and the consumers we serve.This Company is very consumer focused, However, this Company could have potential if it was more organized and cared more about their employees
over worked, under paid
Home Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 15, 2015
Too many hours on salary, not enough help

no personal life

working with the service user was the best part of working for RHA
Not a friendly work enviroment and the management team isnt professional
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee), Creedmoor, NCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: no teamwork, horrible management
passing meds and providing care for individuals.. I didn't learn anything from management they all were conniving backstabbers. some co-workers were nice, but others were horrible. the hardest part of the job was trying to have team work. interacting with the individuals.
Employment
direct support (Current Employee), Statesville, NCJuly 7, 2015
positive interaction with the service users is always rewarding
learning to deal with many different mental disorders and not taken the events of a bad day personal.
fun
Application Specialist/Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: training was not the best
Fun place to work people are great and eager to help you. Very fast paced and busy so your work day flies by. The customers you would deal with were amazing and cooperative.
Gardening and shopping with clients.
Healthcare Technician / Med Tech (Former Employee), Greensboro NCJune 19, 2015
Pros: Desire towork with clients
Cons: Low pay and not enough staff help
Enjoying my clients I learned that they are in need of companionship because family members do not come around, Management is very slack and several co- workers will fall in and help where needed. The hardest part was when we were short of staff. The most part I enjoyed was being able to see my clients strive a little harder on a daily bases.
Dedicated and responsible place to work
assisting people (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 19, 2015
Pros: Help people
Cons: low wages, limited benefits
Helping people with disability challenges every day. I help them by showing them the right way to do situations. I learned dedication to my duties and coworkers. The hardest part of the job was physical aspects. Such as having to restrain an individual to protect him/her from harm. The most enjoyable part of the job was help people to achieve a measure of dignity.
Great place to work!!
Community Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Concord, NCMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: None
Always friendly and the job was exciting. I enjoyed working with clients and staff.
The job was easy and you got to care for others. I truly enjoyed that experience.
Productive and active
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), Statesville, NCMay 8, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed being around my clients..
Cons: not really getting to take a break
When you being when you come in and its none stop.But I enjoyed my job so it got easier.The most part of the day was when dinner and everybody wanted to steal food we had to watch them the whole time .But when it was done they wanted to look at t.v. and then they wanted to take their bath at 8pm.And then they was ready for bed.But all in all I loved it
productive
Direct Support Assistant (Current Employee), Creedmoor, NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: laid back
Cons: no benefits
teaching individuals with a learning disability to live independent. You learn how to care for individuals that come from different backgrounds.
productive and catered to the community
Qualified Professional (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCApril 16, 2015
Organized 24 hour facility with caring staff. Dedicated staff. Good pay but poor medical insurance. Flexible work schedule.
very sick organization
Clinician (Former Employee), Asheville, NCFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: good salary, decent health plan
Cons: rha does not care about its employees, does nothing to keep good employees, is a revolving door for employees, exploitative of staff with unreasonable demands, 12 hour workdays are frequent
RHA exemplifies the problems inherent in mental health reform. This is truly the Walmart of mental health agencies with high demands on the number of widgets (or billable hours) employees can produce. RHA is a revolving door for staff and employment place of last resort. Employees are over-worked and frequently work 12 hour days to meet demands of the agency. Agency sometimes double or triple books patients. Patients unhappy with the care they receive. The agency is much more concerned with the bottom-line than quality of life for employees (or patients).
Fun loving environment.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: got breakfast
Cons: had to always be in sight of cameras
I learned a lot at that job when I was there. I had to stay really calm with some of the residents and had to have really good patience with the ones I had to shower. The coworkers were also great. They treated me as if I had been there for awhile. The hardest part of the job was staying awake because it was a night position and lifting one of the residents out of bed. The most enjoyable part was probably getting there and realizing that I had people depending on me to help them when they needed it.
Tough work experience
House Manager (Former Employee), Hixson, TNJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: there were'nt any.
Cons: there were not any
As a employee in the residence i was assigned to, I noticed that the other employees their performed their job as less as possible to care for the clients. The clients required a lot of care and attention. When I became the supervisor, I made it a point to change the fact that the care would not be mediocre but the best care the clients deserved. Managenment was somewhat confusing to me because the rules changed it seems, day by day. The hardest part of the job is that there was no team work and the most enjoyable part of the job is that when I walked in the clients' rooms, their faces lit up and I could get them to do what no one else could get them to do.
Clients great.
Direct Support (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Very unorganized, No management, No work order, Coworkers always at each others throats.
Very dependable and organized
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: reasonable compensation and incentives for their staff.
Cons: short breaks
Enjoyed working for RHA. I learned a lot due to the range of consumers in which we assisted daily. They have dependable and knowledgable staff their to assist you with what ever questions or concerns you may have. The directors are in the building and available to staff, doing walkthrough's and followups.
Making a difference in the autism community
Direct Care Aide (Current Employee), Rockwell, NCDecember 8, 2014
A typical day starts with waking and helping an individual with any hygeine type activities that may need to be helped. We then move along to running programs which deal with inclusion, social interaction and basic daily functions.
Fun
Direct Service Assistant (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: outings
Cons: fights
I learned how to be more patient, document alot of activities, speak properly and deal with others. Hardest part is sealing with escalating issues. The most enjoying part was taking residents on outings.
Marketing skills
Residential Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2014
Meet new people from different culture every day, get more communication skills experience
RHA
Direct Support Staff/ Program Instructor (Former Employee), Trenton, TNAugust 25, 2014
Pros: being able to help clients improve their skills
Cons: they stopped giving out bonuses
Coming to work and going straight to a meeting on how to product the daily activities. Helping the clients enter the building upon their arrival, making sure they have their morning snack. Being able to read them the newspaper or watch the news until everyone was there. Started our activities for the day whether it was exercise, playing games together, painting, drawing , making things for themselves, afterward steady making sure their hygiene was well kept. Lunch was provided and staff made sure clients had all of the supplements and the right texture for their diet. Then we switched up the routine and created outings for the afternoon. Later staff helped clients get ready to go back to their home out in the community.

1 2 3