RHA Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoy the people that I work with. Unsure of the stability and the hours are long.
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTSeptember 28, 2015
The administrator was insightful and has given me the opportunity to implement great changes. I have been able to implement computer tracking and lay down some rules to direct care staff.
I have had to put in many, many hours to get things straightened out. I need more equipment to get the process working smoothly. The lack of the equipment is making the process to protect the documents slow and cumbersome and I cannot get the administrator to understand that. This is frustrating for me.
The pay is poor and there is no possibility for an increase. So I just started and have already topped out the salary range.
Pros
I am able to flex my time a bit, not allot. Like the people I work with.
Cons
Insurance is horrible, Hours are long, Pay is poor
Productive and Imformative Workplace
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  King, NCFebruary 18, 2016
Productive and learning workplace all in one. Enjoyed my co workers and learning all the information needed while meeting the patients as well. Interesting to find out some of the things people dealt with and learning different alternatives the doctors and therapists recommended to help with the patients issues.
Pros
Independent work areas and time restraints
Cons
Not being able to engage with the patients like I wanted to
Interesting work environment
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed the clients i was able to take care of. The rules were everchanging and it almost was hard to keep up because of the way infomation was distributed. Over all i really enjoying what my job was... Id work there again if it paid more and they were more organized with training and distruting info nessarry to keep the individuals being cared for safe.
Pros
I got to take care of people and feel needed .
Cons
Managment.
Productive Work environment
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 2, 2015
Productive work environment and extensive training. Enjoyed working with the team of individuals. Worked with families in other areas of North Carolina but the travel was sometimes hectic.
Pros
Travel Compensation
Cons
Travel
I worked with an excellent and educated clinical team. We had a lot of work, but we were able to get in done in a timely fashion. It was fun.
Qualified Mental Retardation Professional (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCOctober 29, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the people that we helped become more independent. The supervisor was fair and listened well. I really felt like I was a part of a team. I felt like I was supported in my decisions that had to be made in a timely fashion.
Pros
I liked the flexibility of the job. The atmosphere was positive.
Cons
I wished that they had a better retirement system.
Very efficient office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 3, 2015
Management staff were very accommodating and very respectful.
However, limited opportunities were being offered.

However, I have learned on the processing of customers on their eligibility requirement for the California Lifeline Program.
Pros
good staff
Cons
short breaks
past job review
Direct Support Help Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMarch 3, 2016
This company is not a good company that is for their staff . I would rather work for another company. you dont have study hours and i need work. People are nasty and not for their hard working employees
Gardening and shopping with clients.
Healthcare Technician / Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Greensboro NCJune 19, 2015
Enjoying my clients I learned that they are in need of companionship because family members do not come around, Management is very slack and several co- workers will fall in and help where needed. The hardest part was when we were short of staff. The most part I enjoyed was being able to see my clients strive a little harder on a daily bases.
Pros
Desire towork with clients
Cons
Low pay and not enough staff help
Very interesting job
Direct Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCAugust 20, 2015
Working with service users that have lower mentalities is very different. There is a lot of time and patience that has to be put into working for RHA. The company overall wasn't bad the management sucked. But you grow a bond with the clients like no other.
Dedicated and responsible place to work
assisting people (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 19, 2015
Helping people with disability challenges every day. I help them by showing them the right way to do situations. I learned dedication to my duties and coworkers. The hardest part of the job was physical aspects. Such as having to restrain an individual to protect him/her from harm. The most enjoyable part of the job was help people to achieve a measure of dignity.
Pros
Help people
Cons
low wages, limited benefits
Not a friendly work enviroment and the management team isnt professional
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCJuly 14, 2015
passing meds and providing care for individuals.. I didn't learn anything from management they all were conniving backstabbers. some co-workers were nice, but others were horrible. the hardest part of the job was trying to have team work. interacting with the individuals.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no teamwork, horrible management
Pays pretty well but not worth the headache and stress
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  TNJuly 28, 2015
Has mandatory overtime and the management is not up to par. The pay is decent but there is almost always a hostile work environment. I have never worked somewhere with so much drama.
over worked, under paid
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 15, 2015
Too many hours on salary, not enough help

no personal life

working with the service user was the best part of working for RHA
very sick organization
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 28, 2015
RHA exemplifies the problems inherent in mental health reform. This is truly the Walmart of mental health agencies with high demands on the number of widgets (or billable hours) employees can produce. RHA is a revolving door for staff and employment place of last resort. Employees are over-worked and frequently work 12 hour days to meet demands of the agency. Agency sometimes double or triple books patients. Patients unhappy with the care they receive. The agency is much more concerned with the bottom-line than quality of life for employees (or patients).
Pros
good salary, decent health plan
Cons
rha does not care about its employees, does nothing to keep good employees, is a revolving door for employees, exploitative of staff with unreasonable demands, 12 hour workdays are frequent
alot to learn
gas applinace inspector (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2015
check gas appliances trouble shoot a/c tune ups duct testing and
sealing duct system. co- workers very easy to work with. able to work at your own pace.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
hard to talk with upper mangment
Stressful and no security
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 28, 2013
There is always a sense of mystery and not in a good way. The project you are working on is never defined, management enjoy having secret meetings. Management uses a technique of pitting employees against each other. Compensation historically low even for Fresno. Used to have a good culture but new management has created a completely hostile environment where staff is literally told they are lucky to have a job that day, and might not have it tomorrow.
Pros
free parking
Cons
secrecy, no security, low pay, unfriendly atmosphere and strict supervisors.
Very fast pace job
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAAugust 29, 2015
Get work order, Check parts, Load van, Call customer, Go to jobs and work, Come back to the shop, Unload van, Enter work order and get ready for tomorrow.
Pros
Always go somewhere different. Never stuck in one place
Cons
Working for Agency.
enjoyed interacting with the clients
Direct support agent (Former Employee) –  Clevelnad,ncMarch 19, 2013
I took care of people that had developmental disabilities.I helped them with everday activities to help them better interact with society.I learned that helping others made me feel good.I learned that other people's needs are very important and that it is always better to take the time and be patient with others.Upper management was fine it was the immediate management that wasn't so inspiring.The hardest part of my job was having to restrain clients when the acted out.The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my clients happy.
Pros
12 weeks vacation after 6 months
Cons
bad compensation for the duties i prefeormed
Different learning experience
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 25, 2015
I took care of people with mental disabilities. I assisted them in their home and taught them the proper way to live in a home environment.
Pros
learning enviroment
Cons
Staff was not supportive.
Excellent coworkers
Respite Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newbern, NCAugust 25, 2015
Everyday was a day to look forward too. The love and compassion that goes into the program is a high success for the population we serve.