RHA Employee Reviews

Qualified Professional
Mobile Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 16, 2017
Secure a position in the area of Counseling or other Mental Health field which will allow me to share over twenty-one years of direct experience working with adults and children with mental health or substance abuse issues. I have a natural and sincere admiration for people and assisting them in identifying and meeting their goals. It is my desire to be a part of a team that provides quality human services by providing innovative interventions that will enhance the quality of life for individuals, families, and communities.
Going on outings with the indiviuals
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCNovember 16, 2016
I fernita enjoyed work and providing a everyday living for the individuals.I transported to classes and also prepared to learn to be on their own insociety
A challenging position
CNA II/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 17, 2016
The job was more of a self rewarding job. If I made a difference in at least one of the individual lives per day, I could be happy. If I made a difference in a few more, I could feel somewhat satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job was the time I spent with the individuals I served. They could either make me smile or cry, depending on their health and care. I miss a few of my coworkers and some of us still contact each other, but I miss the individuals more. The job itself was not a hard job, just constant demand of care. Some days were simple, while other days may be demanding depending on the health of the individuals.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Not much room for growth, wages not comepensating the job, no raises, company going from owner to owner while benefits decrease and more things begin to get snatched away
bad choice
Home Health Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2016
great experience but management was very poor. no one to lead by example so everyone was just there collecting a pay check.
This company was always able to provide the necessities to complete the tasks given
Medical technician (Former Employee) –  Maiden, NCJuly 7, 2016
RHA supplied the proper training that I used every day, such as how to deal with a client when the become violent or how to properly distribute the clients medicine.
Cons
healthcare
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 25, 2016
Management there was not the best. Disorganized. Did not look out for their employees. Long hours. A lot of sitting around not doing much.
Fun, interactive, busy
Head of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 23, 2016
I had a very fun time working here. I was kept busy with making ads for various events in my community. It was a good way to stay involved in student life on campus.
Pros
Connectoins
Cons
High demand job
past job review
Direct Support Help Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMarch 3, 2016
This company is not a good company that is for their staff . I would rather work for another company. you dont have study hours and i need work. People are nasty and not for their hard working employees
Productive and Imformative Workplace
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  King, NCFebruary 18, 2016
Productive and learning workplace all in one. Enjoyed my co workers and learning all the information needed while meeting the patients as well. Interesting to find out some of the things people dealt with and learning different alternatives the doctors and therapists recommended to help with the patients issues.
Pros
Independent work areas and time restraints
Cons
Not being able to engage with the patients like I wanted to
Interesting work environment
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed the clients i was able to take care of. The rules were everchanging and it almost was hard to keep up because of the way infomation was distributed. Over all i really enjoying what my job was... Id work there again if it paid more and they were more organized with training and distruting info nessarry to keep the individuals being cared for safe.
Pros
I got to take care of people and feel needed .
Cons
Managment.
Stimulating and rewarding
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYNovember 20, 2015
Being an RHA is very rewarding. You get to see the growth of the people you work with and the changes they go through; both good and bad. You have to be a team player so the responsibilities don't become overwhelming and stressful. Equally as important is knowing when to remove yourself from a situation so not to escalate the problem and make it worse.
Pros
Fun, rewarding and sometime exciting
Cons
Can be physically and emtionally demanding
alot to learn
gas applinace inspector (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2015
check gas appliances trouble shoot a/c tune ups duct testing and
sealing duct system. co- workers very easy to work with. able to work at your own pace.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
hard to talk with upper mangment
I worked with an excellent and educated clinical team. We had a lot of work, but we were able to get in done in a timely fashion. It was fun.
Qualified Mental Retardation Professional (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCOctober 29, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the people that we helped become more independent. The supervisor was fair and listened well. I really felt like I was a part of a team. I felt like I was supported in my decisions that had to be made in a timely fashion.
Pros
I liked the flexibility of the job. The atmosphere was positive.
Cons
I wished that they had a better retirement system.
Productive Work environment
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 2, 2015
Productive work environment and extensive training. Enjoyed working with the team of individuals. Worked with families in other areas of North Carolina but the travel was sometimes hectic.
Pros
Travel Compensation
Cons
Travel
I enjoy the people that I work with. Unsure of the stability and the hours are long.
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTSeptember 28, 2015
The administrator was insightful and has given me the opportunity to implement great changes. I have been able to implement computer tracking and lay down some rules to direct care staff.
I have had to put in many, many hours to get things straightened out. I need more equipment to get the process working smoothly. The lack of the equipment is making the process to protect the documents slow and cumbersome and I cannot get the administrator to understand that. This is frustrating for me.
The pay is poor and there is no possibility for an increase. So I just started and have already topped out the salary range.
Pros
I am able to flex my time a bit, not allot. Like the people I work with.
Cons
Insurance is horrible, Hours are long, Pay is poor
Very efficient office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 3, 2015
Management staff were very accommodating and very respectful.
However, limited opportunities were being offered.

However, I have learned on the processing of customers on their eligibility requirement for the California Lifeline Program.
Pros
good staff
Cons
short breaks
Very fast pace job
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAAugust 29, 2015
Get work order, Check parts, Load van, Call customer, Go to jobs and work, Come back to the shop, Unload van, Enter work order and get ready for tomorrow.
Pros
Always go somewhere different. Never stuck in one place
Cons
Working for Agency.
Different learning experience
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 25, 2015
I took care of people with mental disabilities. I assisted them in their home and taught them the proper way to live in a home environment.
Pros
learning enviroment
Cons
Staff was not supportive.
Excellent coworkers
Respite Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newbern, NCAugust 25, 2015
Everyday was a day to look forward too. The love and compassion that goes into the program is a high success for the population we serve.
Very interesting job
Direct Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCAugust 20, 2015
Working with service users that have lower mentalities is very different. There is a lot of time and patience that has to be put into working for RHA. The company overall wasn't bad the management sucked. But you grow a bond with the clients like no other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RHA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9