Rheem Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Typical warehouse
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 27, 2017
Took early retirement due to plant shutting down. They had the standard benefit packages of most employers that I'm familiar with but other than that it's a typical warehouse.
It's alright
Technical Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 20, 2017
I don't think Rheem is employee focused anymore. The vacation plan is a joke 10days until 7th year and unless you move to Atlanta there is no room for advancement. They recently went to a point system for customer support as if we were an entry level position or prisoners. It's a shame, honestly. However the management is very friendly and open to pretend to listen and care.
GOOD place to work
management changes
long hours of work
benefits are good
commute is hectic
need to work in a complicated system
Fun work Place
Assembler/ Group Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 26, 2017
They were constantly laying off, but when work was steady you could work as many hours as you liked. The pay was great. The working conditions were not so great. It was freezing in the winter and smoldering during the summer.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Lay off, business closure
This place is a wonderful p[lace to work at
packing & assembly (Current Employee) –  Randleman, NCJuly 13, 2017
This company is in a warehouse setting, it is very large and the mangers there try to accommodate you the best possible way they can so you can work your shift as smooth as possible.

we read orders and pack them, others do different jobs like bring the orders or label them

this is a very good company to work for if you don't mind a warehouse job.
Rheem Manufacturing- Extremely Fast Paced Work
Line-Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 26, 2017
I worked at the end of the line which is carton-assembly. Labels where put on then the carton was assembled and inserts on top. Corners where folded and it was lined up for the bander. It was easier when the big AC units where coming down the line because they were further apart. It was harder when the smaller units came down the line because there were more of them and they were closer together. The most enjoyable part was making friends with the team on the line. The pay was not so bad either.
Pros
Great benefits and good pay
Cons
Extremely hot environment during summer months
good pay
Parts Coordinator, Inspector& Production (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 20, 2017
hard work but good pay.Good benefits and it's a good company to work for. Not to much room for advancement.Good co-workers. The plant is union but the union isn't very strong.
Pros
great pay
Cons
hard work
Great people and excellent Senior Leadership
Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, AlMay 17, 2017
The Senior Leadership and my direct supervisor are great leaders and mentors. They encourage new ideas and foster an environment of collaborative teamwork.
decent place to work with weekends off
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 8, 2017
Very hot in the summer cold in the winter in plant. High stress situations did occur but not very often. decent managers with great coworkers. 5-6 days a week work schedule. only reason i left was because of better pay and i feared that the plant was shutting down, but it appears to be doing well now.
good place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAApril 27, 2017
• Make boxes, put corner posts in boxes, and label boxes.
• Work on an assembly line.
• Clean area as needed.
• Work in other areas of the factory as needed.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
short breaks. little bias with the promotions.

Want to know more about Rheem Manufacturing?

Ask a question
Fast Paced, Exciting, Rewarding
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Smith, ARMarch 23, 2017
Rheem was a wonderful place to gain nursing experience. I was responsible for all the patient accidents and ran an in-office clinic for the employee. Rheem was very professional and I was kept up-to-date on all functions of my job.
Pros
Many different job duties
Cons
The only medical staff person on duty for a few hours each day
plant closed
Certified Die Setter (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAFebruary 23, 2017
many different jobs to do and learn pay was good including payed holidays good people to work with more like family long hours in summer shorter in winter
Pros
good hours
Cons
dont last
Productive work force
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJanuary 7, 2017
This was great job and had some good insurance. This company would take care of there people when they get hurt. This company would give you a raise when one is due to you.
Good pay
Group Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 27, 2016
Good job, Had lots of fun with coworkers. Paid really well. But it was a very hot plant. The supervisor's did not care about the employee's. Never new when you were going to get layed off. Supervisor,s would yell and cuss at us group coodinator's. I was glad we moved and i got out of that plant. Did learn a lot about air conditioning. Learned how to wire an air conditioner. Even fix my home air conditioner.
Pros
Good Pay, Good people.
Cons
Hot, Bad Leadership.
Good work enivroment except heat.
Assemly Worker (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GASeptember 16, 2016
My work day started at 6.00 am to 2.30pm. I assembly parts for the air conditioner units. I worked well with my supervisor. In the summertime we had to work on Saturday because of the demand for air conditioner units. Worked well the the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working in the heat.
Very Productive Company and Great Place to work
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 19, 2016
Good job with on the job training, good pay, good benefits, good coworkers. A company that's doing big things for the community
Advancement within the company is limited
Parts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 28, 2016
The work is hard, their is no balance of the work load. Management is inconsistent and rocky. The work environment is challenging. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the inefficient workflow. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers.
People there were fun to be around and enjoyed working with them
A maintenance man (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 7, 2016
The people I worked with were great and I enjoyed being around them.The work was sometimes hard but going through there maintenance program,I learned a lot.Management moved around a lot which made it confusing some times.The hardest part of the job ,was working on large machines.The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things.
Productive fast paced.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 24, 2016
Steady full-time work, no lay offs or shut-downs; with good insurance and vacation. Lots of overtime, fast paced environment. Learned how to gas weld and machine arc weld.
Pros
Good wage and benefits
Cons
The production was up and down.
Productive place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work was enjoyable, and it taught me alot. I learned alot from the older men that were there. They pushed me to be great.