Rheem Employee Reviews

keeps you busy
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCAugust 20, 2016
this job has taught me a lot about working, lifting items in excess of 65 pounds up to 80 pounds. Everything at first everything seemed okay, but the drama and procrastination is terrible. one employee in specific always wanted her work done for her, she would complain about other people, she was always right. At the end of the day this work place was not a healthy environment. Was also very difficult to concentrate on doing only your job because of not enough employees for demand, forklift drivers had to stop doing their job to help the packers get stuff packed and shipped and that also included doing freight or next day air, there was a never a plan of pay for performance, as a temp employee. it didn't matter if many worked hard and did their job because at the end of the day we had to do the job of others because they simply did not care.
Pros
decent work place, good bathrooms
Cons
bad environment, can't concentrate on your job.
good work place
Industrial maint. (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 27, 2016
I am a hard worker. I retired a few years ago and found I need extra income.I learned a lot about people and and was able to do all kinds of maintance.I worked well with others.I enjoyed the team work part of it.The hardest part for me was the collage part.
Loved making sure employee has the right insurance
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 15, 2015
I enrolled all plant employees in Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance. Also initiated the Health fair, recycle project, and Health information center. I really enjoyed dealing with the plant employees and making sure they had the insurance they needed.
Pros
Loved working with plant employees
Cons
was a temporary position
Fun work place
Inventory/ shipping and receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Lewisville TxApril 12, 2015
Great company to work for and good benefits. A little strict on attendance and tardiness but overall, it is a good company to work for.
Enjoy working for rheem
Manufacuring Production (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 5, 2015
Went to new job great company good benefits and nice enviorment
This place is awesome
Mechanical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 18, 2014
The management style is well planned out and set up in advance. I learned a lot about HVAC by working here. The co workers were wonderful for the most part. The hardest part of the job was that when I got one thing done there was sometimes not another project for me to immediately start on. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people and the surrounding.
Pros
basically everything
Cons
the culture is a bit drama heavy.
Oracle SOA Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2014
Great working environment.
Well structured Management.
Good compensation benefits.
Job culture is good.
Assembly line
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAOctober 13, 2014
Worked on a assembly line, worked with some interesting coworkers
loved it
jacket maker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 30, 2014
I would not trade my time there for anything. Someone was always there to teach me something new.
Great Teamwork
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 30, 2014
Everyone pulled together to get the job done. Communication was always there.
productive
Assisted supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 13, 2014
paid well. management and staffing is always organized One of the best jobs I've had to this day
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montgomery ALApril 27, 2014
I have worked steadily throughout my life beginning in high school and throughout college with Rheem Manufacturing. I have gained valuable experience that equips me to present your company with advantages others may not have to offer.
Productive.
Production Worker, Brazer (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 29, 2013
Comin in and meeting with friends and starting the day building heating and air units. The hardest was in the summer, the heart is very high, but a good way to stay skinny. Getting turkeys for Christmas.
Pros
having pizza party's
Cons
could be better benifits.
When I was at Rheem there were no ping pong tables only walks around the building in which I did do on my lunch to get the exercise and fresh air.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 26, 2013
Basically working for Rheem was a good job.The money was good,insurance was a blessing. The only thing that I didn't care for was being treated like a childI did learn how to wire units,replace fan s.check out the motors,and do my own maintance on my unit at home which is a Rheem unit. They the company would let you come up from the bottom to fill management positions however some of these people would carry a grudge with them.I personally made lots of real friends anf am still in contact with.I spent more time with my co-workers than I spent with my family.When they had to have a quota so they would stand right behind you thinking that you would go faster that were. We would set quotas and go above and beyond them because we wanted to be the best.Working with your friends who were always their for you. If you missed a screw they would fix it. We always had each others back.I loved my job at Rheem and I hope to get another job with a company with the same kind of people.
Pros
not so mich maybe a free dinner once in awhile.
Cons
healthcare a plus money a plus friendship a plus security a must.
Great place to work, friendly coworkers
Internship (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 7, 2013
As an intern job security is not expected, but as long as I am in school and continue to do my job well i am guaranteed a position as an intern till after graduation. In my time at Rheem I have learned a great deal about HVAC as well as how to apply the fundamentals I have acquired through out my college career. The management as well as coworkers are easy going intelligent people who are very easy to work for and with.
Pros
occasional free lunch and a weekly 50/50 drawing supplied by united way
Cons
as an intern no paid vacation or health care benefits
Great job to start out at to learn about hard work.
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 22, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people on a daily bases.
Productive workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMarch 26, 2013
This was great experience for me. I learned new techniques. The management was great and very understanding along with the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was was learning new things but i enjoyed this job.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
nothing
great place to work great people
hour apprentice course HVAC/R (Former Employee) –  cape coral floridaJanuary 21, 2013
refrigeration tech for large grocery chain.sevice and futher trainging goes hand and hand.i work with a grew of 15 i am responsible for 6 as a team leader.hardest part of job is it is 24hrs aday.
Pros
good pay.good health care.
Cons
jobs is around the clock
very loud & busy place
Assembly Line Technician (Former Employee) –  montgomery,alMarch 27, 2012
Duities include working on assembly line. I also assembled water valves and installed them on water heaters.and any were they needed me in the warehouse plant.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard too get on