Rhode Island College Employee Reviews in United States

Active day with constant projects being worked on.
Athletic Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 30, 2016
It was an enjoyable job. Was able to work in athletics which is one of my desired career paths. Loved meeting and networking with people around the campus as well as from other colleges and universities.
Writing Center Tutor
Tutor, Writing Center (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 4, 2016
I really enjoy working at the Writing Center! It is a great opportunity for a student. I enjoy the laid back environment, the sense of community, and helping students to feel more confident in their writing. I enjoy having the chance to use my skills as an English major in a job and working directly with clients. The staff are very nice here.
Stepping stone
Student Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 14, 2016
Very convenient type of job and great for networking. Work very closely with other students and other faculty members.
Fun and flexible experience
Front-Desk Clerk-Payroll Office (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 8, 2016
Typically, work starts with checking to see if there are any folders to be filed or made for student employment. If not, I sit at the front desk and take phone calls, enter information into the computer, and answer any basic payroll and direct deposit questions employees have. I am also in charge of handing out paychecks. Management is well done with a main supervisor and three other workers. I also work with two other student workers. There is no tough part of the job because I am a fast learner, so as long as something is explained well, I can do it. The most enjoyable part of the job is answering questions and assisting student employees set up direct deposit.
Pros
Long breaks, lax environment, friendly co-workers, flexible hours
Interviews
it support (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 6, 2015
any interview with the state if you don't know anyone that can help you get the job you are not in, you wont get the job they strong you along and never let you know, if you got the job or not...
this state is a JOKE..I know a guy state..pretty sad.
Great For New IT/CS Students
User Support Services Troubleshooter (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 13, 2015
I've learned a lot on the job here beyond just what I've learned in CS. Customer Service is something you learn with time and working at the helpdesk at RIC allowed me to gain that kind of experience alongside receiving my education as a programmer. I feel much more versatile after working here.
Great experience
NEWS WRITER at The Anchor (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandAugust 19, 2015
Rhode Island College was my first experience working as a journalist in US.
I was the first ESL student to become part of the newspaper team, which for me it was a great achievement.
great teacher
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 28, 2015
Worked with a professor using PCR to determine a AHR gene. Relaxed enviroment, with good support and minimal supervision.
A very socialiable enironment and that allowed one to interact with the student body of the school
Operation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 8, 2015
As you will see in my previous jobs I have experience working with people and recently worked part-time at Rhode Island College as an Operation Assistant. Some of the job duties that I performed were completing a “to-do-list” of tasks, along with other tasks that would occur during the shift such as: delivering inter-departmental mail, sorting student mail, completing special projects for the Operation Assistant Supervisor and Assistant Director, Operations and Services.
Student Aid Work
Studio Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 1, 2015
Easy hours, make your owns schedule , assist studio professor in maintenance of studio's tools and inventory. Polish and refinish stakes and hammers.
Fun and busy workplace
Work Study/Admissions Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 22, 2015
A days work usually varied. Typically days include filing, inputting applications, creating folders, matching materials, answering and directing phone calls, and so on. I learned how to navigate our program, how it feels to work in a busy office, and how to answer and direct phone calls. I worked alongside fellow students so my coworkers were all friendly and fairly easy to get along with.
Student Worker
Darkroom Monitor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 8, 2015
The college is great for offering positions to students in their fields of study. I am thankful for this position because it taught me a lot about the equipment that is used and I enjoy working with other students
Overall great place to work.
Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 11, 2015
Working for my particular mentor was a very eye opening and fascinating experience. I learned how to grow cell culture, and how to perform different experiments on them. Working with the microscope was a very exciting and intriguing experience as well. All the other lab students were fun to work with and helped create a relaxed environment. The hardest part of the job was having to spend countless hours learning and understanding the procedures involved, but it was all worthwhile.
Pros
learned many research related skills.
Awesome Place to Work During School
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 28, 2015
I held a work study at RIC during the four years I worked on my BA in English with a minor in Management (2005-2009). The 3 departments I worked in were: English, Psychology, and Educational Studies. The work was typical clerical, lots of filing, made tons of copies, answered phones, helped enroll students in classes, answered questions, posted class cancellations on doors, sorted mail, and other various tasks. They worked well around my class hours. The pay was slightly above minimum wage. I received numerous raises. The job security was good, they kept me on until my work study funds expired, and eventually until I graduated. Two of my bosses were very nice, one was a bit manipulative so I didn't stay in that department for long. My fellow employees, other work study students, were really nice and smart. The job culture was laid back yet hard working. No day was exactly alike. There was no health insurance or 401(k), but I'm sure the full-time permanent secretaries receive that! I would definitely recommend an on-campus work study for students. It's a great program and wonderful work experience.
Pros
Nice co-workers, raises, pick your own schedule
Cons
No benefits
worked with students
Accounting tutor (Former Employee) –  600 Mt. Pleasant Ave. Providence RIFebruary 16, 2015
I helped students to understand the accounting concepts that they are having trouble with. It is rewarding when they score well on their exams and their confidence grows.
Pros
experience
Great job and atmosphere
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  providence, RIMarch 17, 2014
I was able to further my education while also working in a laboratory setting. This was able to give me insight into the real world work environment.
Fun work environment but can be slow at times.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 26, 2013
Cashier, sales floor, customer service, the managers are funny and very easy going.
Pros
easy going
Cons
low pay
Work study job
Human Resources Student Worker (Former Employee) –  providenceJuly 13, 2013
Work study job, requires a level of confidentiality.
I did a lot of filing, and secretary work.
Excellent School
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 11, 2013
Wonderful friendly work environment. You can get a quality education their too.
Productive work environment based on a long practice/game schedule
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 1, 2013
A typical day at the training room consisted of working from a master schedule as well as a list of daily chores. Once the training room opened the first person there was responsible for going over the schedule ( making adjustments) , filling the hot/cold whirlpools, as well as housekeeping duties. Next you have to prepare practice / game materials for the day ; once delivered you tend to the need of the training room and the trainers.

I learned how to pay attention to small details while at this job. You have to be very attentive and alert while athletes are on and off the field. I also learned that when dealing with difficult co-workers you have to push pass the negativity and move on from certain situations.

The hardest part of the job is remembering and learning all the placement of items, procedures, and rules. But the most enjoyable part of the job is watching all the practices and games.
Pros
driving the golf-cart, meeting new people
Cons
no break unless you work a double

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rhode Island College. Our community is ready to answer.

Rhode Island College Reviews by Location