Rhode Island College Employee Reviews

great teacher
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 28, 2015
Worked with a professor using PCR to determine a AHR gene. Relaxed enviroment, with good support and minimal supervision.
A very socialiable enironment and that allowed one to interact with the student body of the school
Operation Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 8, 2015
As you will see in my previous jobs I have experience working with people and recently worked part-time at Rhode Island College as an Operation Assistant. Some of the job duties that I performed were completing a “to-do-list” of tasks, along with other tasks that would occur during the shift such as: delivering inter-departmental mail, sorting student mail, completing special projects for the Operation Assistant Supervisor and Assistant Director, Operations and Services.
Student Aid Work
Studio Technician (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 1, 2015
Easy hours, make your owns schedule , assist studio professor in maintenance of studio's tools and inventory. Polish and refinish stakes and hammers.
Fun and busy workplace
Work Study/Admissions Office Staff (Former Employee), Providence, RIJune 22, 2015
A days work usually varied. Typically days include filing, inputting applications, creating folders, matching materials, answering and directing phone calls, and so on. I learned how to navigate our program, how it feels to work in a busy office, and how to answer and direct phone calls. I worked alongside fellow students so my coworkers were all friendly and fairly easy to get along with.
Student Worker
Darkroom Monitor (Current Employee), Providence, RIApril 8, 2015
The college is great for offering positions to students in their fields of study. I am thankful for this position because it taught me a lot about the equipment that is used and I enjoy working with other students
Overall great place to work.
Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 11, 2015
Pros: learned many research related skills.
Working for my particular mentor was a very eye opening and fascinating experience. I learned how to grow cell culture, and how to perform different experiments on them. Working with the microscope was a very exciting and intriguing experience as well. All the other lab students were fun to work with and helped create a relaxed environment. The hardest part of the job was having to spend countless hours learning and understanding the procedures involved, but it was all worthwhile.
Awesome Place to Work During School
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: Nice co-workers, raises, pick your own schedule
Cons: No benefits
I held a work study at RIC during the four years I worked on my BA in English with a minor in Management (2005-2009). The 3 departments I worked in were: English, Psychology, and Educational Studies. The work was typical clerical, lots of filing, made tons of copies, answered phones, helped enroll students in classes, answered questions, posted class cancellations on doors, sorted mail, and other various – more... tasks. They worked well around my class hours. The pay was slightly above minimum wage. I received numerous raises. The job security was good, they kept me on until my work study funds expired, and eventually until I graduated. Two of my bosses were very nice, one was a bit manipulative so I didn't stay in that department for long. My fellow employees, other work study students, were really nice and smart. The job culture was laid back yet hard working. No day was exactly alike. There was no health insurance or 401(k), but I'm sure the full-time permanent secretaries receive that! I would definitely recommend an on-campus work study for students. It's a great program and wonderful work experience. – less
worked with students
Accounting tutor (Former Employee), 600 Mt. Pleasant Ave. Providence RIFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: experience
I helped students to understand the accounting concepts that they are having trouble with. It is rewarding when they score well on their exams and their confidence grows.
Great job and atmosphere
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), providence, RIMarch 17, 2014
I was able to further my education while also working in a laboratory setting. This was able to give me insight into the real world work environment.
Fun work environment but can be slow at times.
Cashier (Current Employee), Providence, RISeptember 26, 2013
Pros: easy going
Cons: low pay
Cashier, sales floor, customer service, the managers are funny and very easy going.
Work study job
Human Resources Student Worker (Former Employee), providenceJuly 13, 2013
Work study job, requires a level of confidentiality.
I did a lot of filing, and secretary work.
Excellent School
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 11, 2013
Wonderful friendly work environment. You can get a quality education their too.
Productive work environment based on a long practice/game schedule
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 1, 2013
Pros: driving the golf-cart, meeting new people
Cons: no break unless you work a double
A typical day at the training room consisted of working from a master schedule as well as a list of daily chores. Once the training room opened the first person there was responsible for going over the schedule ( making adjustments) , filling the hot/cold whirlpools, as well as housekeeping duties. Next you have to prepare practice / game materials for the day ; once delivered you tend to the need – more... of the training room and the trainers.

I learned how to pay attention to small details while at this job. You have to be very attentive and alert while athletes are on and off the field. I also learned that when dealing with difficult co-workers you have to push pass the negativity and move on from certain situations.

The hardest part of the job is remembering and learning all the placement of items, procedures, and rules. But the most enjoyable part of the job is watching all the practices and games. – less
okay place to work
Assistant Professor of English (Former Employee), Providence RIApril 1, 2013
Pros: good special topic courses
Cons: lack of mentoring
heavy freshman teaching load; problems with collegiality
interesting courses
Assistant Professor of English (Former Employee), Providence RIApril 1, 2013
Pros: some good faculty
Cons: none to speak of
interesting place to work with diverse expertise; changing curriculum in response to needs
Productive and Fun
Cleaning/ staff assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 3, 2013
This is a volunteer Job I did and it was fun working with seniors. They have a sense of humor and you get attached to them very easily. Especially the stories and life experiences they share with you.
College job
Film Inspector/Clerical Aide (Former Employee), Providence, RINovember 7, 2012
A typical day at work would consist of inspecting films and inputting paperwork. I enjoyed my manager and coworkers and the flexability. I could work and go to school at the same time which was nice.
Fun people
Rhode Island College food center assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 22, 2012
Pros: meeting good friends, fun people, free food from the food center while on duty
Cons: bad hours (not enough hours), management wasn't very good
It was a usual kitchen job. I worked in the back, mostly cleaning dishes, chopping fruits and vegetables, stocking things in the walk-in fridge/freezer. I also stocked up drinks, cleaned tables, swept and mopped the floors, prepared pizza, burgers, sandwiches,etc. and took out trash.
A great experience
Clerical/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIJune 25, 2012
Pros: work study
Cons: hardly had time to do some studies
My typical day at work there was very productive and helpful. I did not have any hard times in any of the jobs.\
Modern language department
Multimedia department
Teacher assistant
Fun workplace
Event Staff/ Grounds Keeper (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 26, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A typical day of work would be performing landscaping duties during the day. When night time came we would become event staff for the athletic games.