Rhode Island Hospital Employee Reviews

Union RN job
Emergency Room RN (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 29, 2016
I hated paying money weekly to the union when the union provides us nothing but one day out of the year with free pizza. It is very tough to switch positions from day to night with the union rules. Management definetely plays favorites at this hospital .
Pros
double time is available
Cons
short breaks
Exciting Atmosphere with tons of opportunity for growth!
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 19, 2016
Great entry level position into the health care field. On the job training provided by several co-workers with positive attitudes and the willings to teach.
Pros
Awesome benefit packages
Cons
Hiring process takes some time.
My Most Favorite Work Place
Utility worker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 3, 2016
This was my favorite. I was paid the most and benefits with this position was by far the best. I was per deim with job simply put i was on call. I worked in the kitchen. The workers was the best and i ENJOYED coming. I worked very hard because the hospital was Unionized. So you either worked to get the hours or you had to wait for your seniority. Just as I was approved for more hours death came to my family and i had to move home. I really hope to get that one back.
Teaching hospital in the State of RI
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 28, 2016
I enjoyed he sense of community working at this hospital. The staff was always helpful and management for the most part was encouraging and always seemed to have my best interest in mind.
Productive patient focused acute care facility
A Lifespan Partner (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI 02903April 21, 2016
Lifespan is an excellent acute care hospital that always delivers top patient care. A typical work day is fast paced and always changing. I typically work 8 hour shifts and pick up other shift as needed. My coworkers have become more like my extended family because I have known them for so long. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients through there journey from admission to discharge.
Great company, great people
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 6, 2016
A typical day at Rhode Island Hospital consists of receiving and completing tasks assigned to me. I have learned so much from the people around me and from trainings/meetings I've attended. Everyone has been very helpful and their team cohesion is inspiring and motivating. I could not ask for a better group to call my research team.
Great place to work.
Cardiac Technician II, Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  providence, RIApril 6, 2016
Great Place to work. Employees can benefit and grow with the company because there is always opportunity for career advancement.
A fast paced enviroment
RN (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 3, 2016
Rhode Island is a great teaching hospital where the employees work hard to help those in need. Staff works great as a team, and it is a must to do so.
benefits
Cons
Too fast paced
Milieu Therapist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 30, 2016
The work environment is great. Everyone from management to staff are very flexible and easy to talk to. Great place to work highly recommended.
Management and work culture are non-existent
n/a (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 17, 2016
Everybody is miserable there.
The benefits are great if you can afford them. If you work full time you pay 1/4 for benefits than you do if you work part time. The thing is, they've managed to cut many of the full time positions.
Pros
advancement
Cons
everything else

Want to know more about Rhode Island Hospital?

Ask a question
work and life balance
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 7, 2016
Perfect hours great place to work with great co-workers and benefits.
Manager is a boss and no a leader she enjoys micromanaging employees.
Pros
very close to home
Cons
micromanager
It has become a political environment
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 6, 2016
I spent the beginning of my career there and at first loved it, but towards the end, the industry became very much political and it was about who was getting a bonus rather than the patient or the employee physically taking care of the patients. I have to say the pay and benefits are very good, and you do achieve great experience at the cost of some unethical avenues.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, union
Cons
poor management
I love it there
Certified Nursing Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 4, 2016
my personal experience with the hospital was positive, great management, great patient care overall I enjoyed my time there greatly and always looked forward to working
Pros
Pay, Management, Room for growth
Cons
obtaining new positions is difficult
Stress full
Sr Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 2, 2016
Time management is high, 40 hours a week minimum
We learn something everyday.
Chances of failure is more.
End of the day.
Pros
Learn a lot in small period of time
Cons
can land in stress related health problems
Helping to provide clean environment in the hospital
Housekeeping Aide II (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 2, 2016
My daily responsibilities include cleaning and sanitizing rooms in order for patient to feel at home they are sick. However, am assigned to different areas, in order to change linens.There are also specific duties i need to carry out during my shift, such as dusting and polishing, cleaning all furniture and accessories, washing windows and mirrors, removing any stains or marks and also empty all trash.
Union position so there is job security, but really NO advancement
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 17, 2015
Due to the union there is no growth; no chance of advancement or pay increase because of your exceptional work ethics everything is done by seniority and union agreed compensation.
Pros
decent hourly rate
Cons
recent staff and supply shortages (cut backs)
Great Hospital
RN-MCU & Trauma ICU-Nights (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 15, 2015
This hospital was very educational. I worked in the CVICU ,MICU, and Trauma ICU. Very fast paced. The patients were very ill mostly end of life. I enjoyed caring for them, I tried to make their last days as comfortable as possible. I got to do alot of proceedures with the doctors.
A productive and safe work environment
Operating Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 12, 2015
It can be a very hectic day, you are always dealing with different personalities and the managers are always available to help out as well as other co-workers. Like any other job it isn't as easy as it looks but it is definitely manageable and the fact that you help people everyday is a great feeling.
Pros
you help people out all day long
Cons
short breaks
Good life work balance
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rhode Island, RINovember 6, 2015
I am a research assistant at Rhode Island Hospital. Typical day is at office, doing analysis on data and communicate with Doctor.
Great place to work.
Diagnostic Imaging X-Ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 13, 2015
I would go from room to room taking portable x-rays. Developing them and getting them to the doctors who ordered them. I did this while i was in ota school.

Rhode Island Hospital Reviews by Location