RHODES COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Student Worker
Peer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 16, 2016
I was a student worker. The experience I gained was valuable and it allowed me to become more connected to the campus. I enjoyed my time as an employee, even though most of the positions were volunteer positions (meaning there was no pay for the work).
Productive/Satisfying
Assistant Bursar (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 11, 2016
The Bursar's office was the central location for students for paying tuition bills, fines and other services. We also served faculty and staff members. I knew most of the 400 faculty and staff members as it made my job easier as far as directing students and parents to different departments.
Pros
Enjoyed working directly with students and parents
Cons
Long drive
Nice, educational environment with positive co-workers
Student employee (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day working at my college is laid-back. It has a library setting, so it is relatively quiet to the other jobs I have had. I have learned how to use a library-check out system to assist students and how to utilize various office machines better, like the printer and public computers.
The management hired by the college is quite helpful and positive. My co-workers are other students; they are friendly and helpful as well.
The only unfortunate part of the job is the timing of my shifts - usually during my lunch hour in between classes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet other students through the experience while also saving some money.
good job
Residents Life Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 12, 2015
I think the hardest part of the job was the balancing between school and the job but I handled it pretty well. Great coworkers and great management.
Very exciting and I learned something new all the time. I enjoyed working with a variety of people.
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 31, 2015
My days were always busy and interesting. My co-workers were
pleasant and worked very hard. The hardest part of my job was trying a new p.o. system that was ultimately not used. I really enjoyed my interactions with my "customers" and the vendors.

This job required me to jump from task to task and prioritize these tasks as needed.

Management pretty much left me alone once they promoted me and saw I could do the job with integrity.

I worked with every department and every level and adapted well to them all as I love people and helping them.
Pros
great benefits and good salary, plus free tuition for me and my son
Working at Rhodes
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2015
This company was a very company to work for with good management and friendly peers. I would recommend anyone to work with them any day.
Rhose College was a stimulating place to work , students were terrific
Catering Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 1, 2015
Very positve experience working with the students at Rhodes, they were a varied bunch and so enthusiastic.
I really enjoyed setting my own schedule and I had a great working relationship with the faculty and staff at the school.
Pros
creative freedom tp plan events
Cons
no set schedule, hard to plan because work in catering demanded daily changes to my personal schedule.
Rhodes
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 15, 2015
Great place to work. It's enjoyable to work with the students and staff. I love going to work. A typical day is laid back. The management is great.
Presidential Position
Senior Class Council President (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 29, 2014
Being president of a class is a lot of responsibility and even more so for the senior class, but I enjoy the role. It is a lot to coordinate with different departments in the school to make events successful, but it is worth it when many students attend and administration wishes to make it a yearly event such as our Homecoming Alumni Networking event. The hardest part is knowing the strengths of my council so that I can manage the different jobs they should be in charge of, but it is enjoyable to work with them and see the success of the work.
great school
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 15, 2014
great school where you get 1-1 interaction with faculty and staff
Small School with a great environment
Undergraduate Student (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 28, 2014
The Rhodes education has allowed me to pursue several opportunities that have shaped who I am and how I would like to establish myself in the future.
Great job and company
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TnMay 23, 2014
Great job only left this job due to moving out of state. Great benefits and co-workers were awesome really enjoyed going to work everyday.
Nice Environment
Software Developer at Crossroads (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2014
Pretty nice and detailed supervisor.
Pretty nice coworkers and enthusiastic students
Academic Environment
Employer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 8, 2014
I am a student intern in Career Services. Campus is very community service oriented.
Great Place to Work
Cashier/Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis TN 38106September 14, 2013
It was a honor working for Rhodes College each day was exciting. I learn how to work with student and professor.the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting students.
Pros
great benfits
Cons
seasonal
baseball,gym.football games ect...
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 5, 2013
my typical day at Rhodes was that we work by ourself no one around so I make the time go by.by doing my job.what I learn about working there was seening that anybody can be what ever they wants to be in college if they try hard.my co-workers were very nice we got along with each other very well.the hardest part about the job were I didn't want the students to go for spring break or holidays because they made my day.the most enjoyable part of the job were be off for a week in a half for Christmas with pay!
Pros
lunch were 4.25
Cons
had two breaks
Fun and working environment with great students.
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 2, 2012
A great environment to work in with plenty of caring and understanding managers and students all to gether.
Pros
some employees attitudes
Cons
long lunch breaks
A place where one can easily make friends
IT Administrated Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 9, 2012
Rhodes is a place where when you come to work, you feel like you're visiting a relative for 8-9 hours and then head back home. It's relaxing and the people around you are diverse and intricately amusing. There isn't a finer place to work.
Pros
occasional free lunch, early leave from work, benefits, vacation
Cons
advancement can be difficult