RHODES STATE COLLEGE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Tough place to work.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 13, 2017
Can be very demanding with little or no advance notice of request. Always seem to be late before even got started.

Difficult to get new technology to help meet demanding schedule. Many expectations of working late and expected to help even when not your job or on weekend.

Vacation time scheduled canceled at last minute because of new last minute requests.
Pros
Office space nice. Building very new.
Cons
Must use old technology. Many things hidden and often changing requirements at last minute.
Senior Administer was difficult to work with because of her insecurities
Vice President Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 25, 2017
The leadership of the college was difficult to work with and promoted a very toxic environment. She encouraged staff and other administrator to tell her information about other members of the college community.

She was in intelligent person with poor social skills and she was mean spirited.
Current employee
Professional (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 29, 2017
Rhodes State is a great place to work. Much is demanded, but those who work hard are respected and rewarded!

Offices are up-to-date, co-workers are engaged and interested in supporting one another. Great place to work.
Pros
Great management, beautiful campus/work environment
Horrible work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 24, 2017
No professional development; leadership sabotages middle managers; bad and unprofessional behavior rewarded. new blood in senior leadership grossly needed.
great place to work
Peer Tutor & Assistant Lab Technician, (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 22, 2016
great place to work while I was attending classes. remarkable people to work with. i enjoyed the whole time I was at Rhodes State. whether it was the instructors (in class) or working, i could not have asked for a better experience.
Pros
the people
Cons
the pay and wasnt full time
You don't want to work here.
office worker (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 5, 2015
This job has been extremely tough on my marriage, my mental health, and my emotional well-being. I have been insulted and intimidated. This is not a place where they will treat their employees with dignity or integrity. Until the person at the top changes, nothing else will change either.
Cons
Poor management. Staff is underemployed, under paid, unappreciated, micro-managed, and intimidated.
Classy Place to work very nice people
Office Assistant, (Work-Study) (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 15, 2015
I really enjoyed my job here, I helped the students, did office work, helped out with the college activities. A typical day at work would be busy helping people, doing office work and etc.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work study position as a student worker
Fun entry level job
Help desk / IS Support (Former Employee) –  Lima, OhioAugust 27, 2015
I worked for the help desk (as a student there as well), assisting students with forgotten passwords and various things of that nature. In addition, we also assisted in general hardware maintenance and software troubleshooting for professors and faculty members. I personally learned quite about re-imaging, a plethora of software and general customer service skills. The mid-level management were great, hard working people that helped us entry level/learning members learn about the field and gave real world experience. The upper management seemed to try and cut the assistance possible by the help desk through a variety of means and ultimately hindered the jobs ability to help people. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is dealing with the occasional person who doesn't speak English all too well. On the contrary, meeting so many people and being able to assist them was the most enjoyable part as well.
Pros
Learning on the job, assisted in loan payments, friendly environment, part time
Cons
Upper management fighting mid level management, high stress during start of new semester
Extremely fun environment with excellent instructors helping every step of the way.
Student Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 26, 2015
A typical day of school would be going to class taking notes, maybe having a quiz or an exam. Then setting up my treatment area to get ready to see a community patient. I love all the students I go to school with, and we all work together to keep the clinic running smoothly. The hardest part of dental hygiene school is seeing the under cared for people come in that have such severe decay and need immediate attention but don't have the money for it. The most enjoyable part of going to school is getting to educate the public on the positives of good oral hygiene!
Pros
Meeting new people, getting to educate the public on good oral hygiene.
Cons
Seeing the poor oral hygiene in young kids or elderly people.
Fun, encouraging, supportive
Adjunct Professor, Human Services Program (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 31, 2015
Management is great, supportive, open to new ideas, and feedback. The support staff is knowledgeable, accessible, and very helpful.
Productive but not very organized
Administrative workshops of MS Word (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 24, 2014
I was a Center for Distance Education Online Specialist. I entered all instructor/student files, syllabi, presentations, quizzes, tests and other related course documentation into the college database for all online courses. I also trained the faculty and staff on how to use the college database and navigate through it so they could teach their online course according to set guidelines. I was also the coordinator/trainer for presenting and training MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and Outlook and other workshops that would help instructors with the college database. Such as; how to enter grades or password protect their tests.
Pros
Being an employee allowed your children to attend Rhodes free of tuition
Cons
No room for growth or advancement within
Overall a decent place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 24, 2013
office work - changing professions
Typical day consisted of administrative duties and scheduling meetings, etc.
Fun place to meet new people
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 19, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing my math skills with other students.
Pros
Receiving free meal coupons
Cons
Waiting for students that made appointments and did not keep them.
Adjunct Instructor for MEPAP Certification Classes
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 27, 2013
I love teaching others about the Activity field and how they can make a difference in peoples lives.
Pros
Making a Difference in the healthcare field
Great School!!
Secretary - Class of 2013 (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 19, 2013
Had a great time while I attended Rhodes for my PTA degree!! In charge of taking minutes for our class meetings.
Rhodes State College has a high turnover rate due to poor management.
Asst Professor/Laboratory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 29, 2013
There were several things that I liked about working at Rhodes State College. For one, I really enjoyed working with the students. Many of them had full-time jobs and families, yet were able to excel academically. I also enjoyed to relaxed atmosphere with coworkers. However, I opted to not renew my contract with them due to poor management.
Pros
Excellent students
Cons
Low morale due to poor management
Great way to learn skills while attending school
Student Employee, IS Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 1, 2013
Works well with schedule (both other jobs and class schedules), fun people to work for, excellent way to learn more or advance skills.
I am only a temporary employee.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 8, 2012
I was called in to temporarily serve the VP of Business and Treasurer until the full-time employee can start.
Pros
great place to work.
Cons
temporary.
This was a great experience to have
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lima, OhioFebruary 27, 2012
working for Rhodes State College was an exelent way to broaden my horizon and become much more diversified as an employ.
Pros
great atmospher

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RHODES STATE COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

RHODES STATE COLLEGE Reviews by Location