Ria Financial Services Employee Reviews

Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CADecember 20, 2017
Working at Ria is something to look forward to for the simple reason that i like what I do and have a lot communication with various companies. For example; Staples Advantage, Waxie Supplies, Roto Rooter, Universal Air Conditioning, and Western Exterminator.
not interested
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2017
not interested in telling you about my experience. You have to find out on your own as we are all unique individuals and our responsibilities are different.
Good Benefits, BAD enviroment
order reviewer, sales rep, marketing (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAOctober 18, 2017
I worked at RIA for over 2 years. I worked at different departments and worked my way up. The department that was not the worst was sales. The other departments are very stressful not because of the work itself but for the environment. No one seems to like to work there and the people that have more experience are not willing to help the newbies.
Management seems to see you as a robot instead of a person. I am used to work under pressure so that was not an issue but the way they treat you is not the best.
PAY IS BAD
Pros
401, medical insurance
Productive work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Covina, CASeptember 12, 2017
*Gets really busy at the beginning of the month and at the end.
*I learned how to manage money differently every year.
*Hardest part of the job is when I'm alone with a line of customers.
*Most enjoyable part of the job is when it's fast paced.
Supervisor / Transmissions Dept (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CASeptember 10, 2017
The management at Ria was the best ever . always care all about job and be positive and always find a better way to be honest and if we have any concerns they always talk about .
Poor Management. Schedule and inability to balance Job/LIFE tasks
Order Verification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CA 90620September 6, 2017
A lot of favoritism in this workplace. Lack of advancement. Poor Management, she allowed another colleague harass me not once but twice and did not adhere any consequences for my colleague. Scheduling conflict, Leaves little to no room to keep up with life. I have been employed longer than my peer and wasn't given advancement based on seniority.
Pros
Holiday celebrations
9 to 5 job with many benefits
Financial Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAAugust 13, 2017
It is a very diverse company with the highest opportunity of promotion within. Almost every holiday is celebrated with a pot luck. Quick paced environment but time management was simple.
Very competitive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 28, 2017
Great work environment, great training but not a good pay for all the responsibilities given to us especially when having to assist other departments. Great supervisors
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Schedule
Ria transfer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 3, 2016
At Ria we are confident in our abilities to empower communities by providing valuable and affordable services. We take pride in our service oriented company culture. Ria is a company that celebrates and embraces multi-cultural diversity. As such, our employees hail from every corner of the world and we are fluent in many languages. If you are prepared for a career that is people oriented and makes a difference,
not bad or good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 11, 2015
very busy at all times, great people
management is awful there is a lot of favoritism
job advancement seems slim to none unless you're a favorite of management. I have tried to move up in the company, even change departments but was shut down every time. too much work not enough pay.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lamont, CAFebruary 20, 2014
I learned things I never though I would be able to do. Helps with the everyday life style specailly with math. Helps you balance out stress. If you work in this enviornment you could pretty much make it anywhere in which stress is involved.
Cons
low pay
MIS Manager
MIS Manager (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 17, 2013
Managed a 24x7 IT technology department for an international financial company consisting of over 14 branch offices worldwide. Direct responsible for the IT administration and operation for the data center that included but not limited to over 150+ mission critical servers along with 300+ call centers seats using AVAYA PBX system. Managed 4 direct reports and 16 indirect with a $5M operating/capital budget.
horrible schedules/ poor management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington ParkMay 12, 2013
A lot of customers and only one teller, not being able to take your lunch or breaks, coworkers are ok, horrible management- working days: 6 days a week and only 38 hours
Cons
no breaks, on duty lunches
Very friendly work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAAugust 16, 2012
Working with RIA is very fun. I work for the Philippines department and I should say it is a stress free environment because we have unity and cooperative team members. The hardest part would be the fact that we work on rotations so we don't get to have a socialization in our department but the management overall is very impressive, they make sure that employees get to have fun once in a while.
Nice Enviroment with changes for growth
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CaliforniaMarch 6, 2012
fast growing company with opportunities to learn and do a lot.