Ricca Chemical Company Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Planner/Buyer Manager (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INSeptember 26, 2017
Worst experience of my career. full of promises, but did not deliver on any of them.
I worked at the Batesville Indiana location and after 2 years of working 10 hour days, was layed off.
Most unprofessional employees I ever worked with.
Laid Back Atmosphere
QC Chemist/Blender (Former Employee) –  Batesville, INSeptember 7, 2017
Work begins at 5AM, and typically the day is over at 1:30PM. Packaging and Blending supervisor has no backbone, he's weak. QC Supervisor and Plant Manager make sure things get done. We often had to request materials and equipment from a manager other than our own(Blending and Packaging Supervisor). Overall, the coworkers were great, and laid back. Upper management in corporate is a joke. They won't hire new people, so the facility is constantly understaffed. .
Relaxed atmosphere
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 9, 2017
Ricca Chemical has an outstanding culture which values the contributions of all employees. The work environment is a relaxed atmosphere and the company values work life balance.
Turnover too high to effect change
Vice President, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 10, 2017
Great product reputation, but should spend more time on strategy and work on retaining personnel longer to allow for needed changes. The high turnover rate is counterproductive to getting things done effectively. Projects started are abandoned too quickly, production staff is not valued as highly as they deserve.
Pros
Lot of good people here
Cons
Production teams not treated as well as they should
A Part of Management
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 22, 2016
As a part of the senior management team I tried in vane to change the company as described by other reviewers. Sadly, the reviews are correct and I expect a bleak future for this company. If your looking for stability and being in an organization with clear appreciation for all employees, move on to the next company.
Pros
From front line managers down people are dedicated.
Cons
Middle management up have great ideas but not much ability to execute.
Manufacturing Plant
Customer Service Representative Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington TXJune 17, 2015
I have worked for this company for 3 years before having to leave due to medication issues. This is a family company and they look out for their employees first.
Fun workplace
Customer service team lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 5, 2015
Loved my job and my daily duties, management was great and loved going to work everyday. The work was challenging and rewarding. I would have loved to stay there but they had a lot of lay offs which was unfortunate.
Too much turnover in key positions
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 27, 2014
Employees lack conviction for providing the best effort possible to ensure the company's success.
Pros
Few and far between for enhancing employee participation for success
Cons
Management style lacks professionalism from ownership to inhouse personnel.
poor
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte ncAugust 2, 2013
shipping supervisor is very racist toward white people. the day to day work environment was very hostile just because of the shipping supervisor.
Pros
Cons
the shipping department
A training base
Analytical Chemist / Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 23, 2013
This Job was a good place to obtain experience, but to pay was below most rate paid in the dfw.
Pros
experiences gained
Cons
the system and pay
A very professional and productive workplace...
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 4, 2012
A typical day of work at Ricca Chemical was consistent work and a people friendly environment. I learned that customers are the most important priority of this company, and in most cases are always right. My co-workers were awesome and helpful to my growth and development. The hardest thing about this job was learning the recognition of the labels and the different numbers of similar chemicals. The most enjoyable part of this job was having the opportunity to learn more and to gain more knowledge in the customer service and administration filed.
Pros
holiday participation