APPLY ONLINE: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6436711
Over half of the population of the earth eats rice every day. RiceTec is the market leader in the development and delivery of high yield rice seeds which helps fulfill this global need. Technology is the backbone of how we conduct research, produce, distribute, sell, plant, manage and harvest rice.
RiceTec’s Information Technology organization is expanding to provide additional service to the business and our customers. Along with traditional business tool support, we are focusing on extending and leveraging our ERP system, expanding and enriching Business Intelligence capabilities, replacing intranet and extranet tools with newer and more flexible collaboration technologies, and expanding mobile computing capabilities.
The IT team is dedicated to providing an exceptionally high level of customer service, production technology availability and on time and high quality project completions. We are seeking experienced candidates who are comfortable working in a multi-tasking, matrix management, and agile environment who share our passion for quality, service, and delivery.
The Business Analyst position provides technical direction, planning, design, integration and testing of systems and/or processes. Responsibilities include: act as the liaison between assigned business units and IT department, complete business cases in support of projects, and participate in or facilitate business process modeling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in business process modeling sessions, acting as a co-facilitator, facilitator, or subject matter expert.
o Develop and track performance metrics.
o Document processes and requirements.
o Design technical solutions to meet business requirements, departmental expectations, and standards.
- Collaborate with developers, infrastructure support, and business unit teams to provide support for systems analysis, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Evaluate and define test conditions, develop accurate and complete test plans, and conduct testing according to plan.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical training, guidance, and resource support for end users and departmental staff.
- Plan and manage systems and business related projects.
- Provide technical duties including system configuration, security definition and maintenance, report definition and development, and data extraction and analysis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and five years of directly related experience and/or training in process management, process improvement, quality management, technical writing, and/or training. Functional experience in Research and Statistical Analysis, Manufacturing, Accounting and Customer Order Management within JD Edwards 9.0 is highly desired.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Effective working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain supplier information/lifecycle management processes.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The successful candidate should be able to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents and to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.