Rich Products Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to workfor
Developer/Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 30, 2016
Family owned company with great values. They really emphasize a great work life balance. Benefits are excellent and I would recommend.
Fun work place
General Laborer (Loader) (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Put up pans, how to work at a fast past work long hours, management was ok, nice co-workers. pay was low there was no hard work and the enjoyable part was the poeple and product.
General labor workers know what's going on!!!
General labor / metal detector operator. (Former Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILDecember 17, 2015
I got hired by a great production manager who was thrilled to hire me. FIRST I want to say I was moved to the metal detector on line one, trained and certified for a month and a half, and never got the pay the position gave! For a full month and a half I asked the line leads, production manager and human resources to post the job And they responded in a attitude. My major problems came from some of the temps. I have gotten threatened by two co workers and they lashed out being completely irrational! The production manager,line lead and supervisors know they did it and it was a complete slap in the face that they blamed me! If co-workers cannot handle adult conversations with others then they don't need to be working! Not only that the line leads come in high! They need to do a random drug test IMMEDIATELY! This was the WORST job I have ever had. My stuff got stolen and management trys to keep people because we were short. I should have stayed at Wal-Mart overnights because the management gave the co-workers more respect not only that the coworkers are more mature. After this second incident with another barbaric brute threatening me I quit that NEXT DAY! If you are immature,like to gossip and a brute PLEASE feel free to work here! I won't tolerate being threatened or allowing anybody to threaten me!
Pros
The pay and benefits
Cons
management
The family environment of Rich Products
Cookie table operator (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 27, 2016
A typical day at Rich Products for me is busy. I have learned many different jobs throughout the 37 years I have been employed there. Management has changed many times, and each time is a different experience as everyone has different ideas and principles. My co-workers are a great bunch of people and there is never a dull moment around them. The hardest part of my job is pleasing everyone in the different departments and maintaining quality product. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the product run in the manner it is expected and being a part of testing new products.
Pros
Gem Awards
Cons
Equipment failures
N/a
production line (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCMarch 3, 2016
It was very repetitive. But the other employees were easy to get along with. Overall it was a learning experience. Honestly the management was extremely biased. They highly favored Hispanic workers. Just guessing I would have to say only about 5% of the employees were not Hispanic.
Productive, fun workplace
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJMay 14, 2016
For the most part great work environment really enjoyed working for Rich's, still would be if I didn't have to relocate, management was great, coworkers all got along...on the downside for sanitation working 7days, not getting a day off for 2 months or more got tiring, stressful during the busy season but the ot helped
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, good management
Cons
6 & 7days a week giving not much time for family
Enjoyable/Stressful.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 14, 2015
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere , Local management was at time not open to suggestion resulting in unacceptable results. Prior location was more of a family setting working together for a common goal.
Pros
Always recognized and encourage a job well done.
Cons
Short duration.
Productive and fun working with cake
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJune 21, 2016
A good place to work, support and encouraged to grow and take charge somewhat. My co workers were like family. When my spouse died they were so supportive .
Pros
some catered food, t shirt given, company picnics tickets to local amusement park.
Cons
Family work balance. Mostly worked 6 days a week years at a time. Not much notice for pop up meeting
Family Atmosphere and Good Benefits
Accounting Specialist - Cost accountant (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAJune 11, 2015
My typical day at work consisted of calculating labor costs and material costs versus the standard costs to produce the product. I learned new aspects of accounting by working with a company that is international in scope. I was considered part of the management team at our local plant because the controller was a shared service and worked from another larger plant in close proximity to the local plant. I was the sole accounting employee at the plant and served as an intermediary between the plant manager and controller. I really enjoyed my co-workers and maintained a good relationship with both management and production employees. The most difficult part of the job was the serving as an intermediary between the controller and plant manager. They would occasionally disagree on issues so I had to help resolve these issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was the family atmosphere and serving as the associate engagement team leader and community service projects leader and, interacting with various organizations in the community.
Pros
Often free lunches, company picnics, good and affordable healthcare benefits
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement at local plant, encouraging disgruntled employees to become more engaged
Poor Management but good company
Material Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILApril 24, 2016
The benefits for working for this company are great. The possibilities for advancement are endless. This company overall appears to be a great place to work for. The Crest Hill location however is poorly managed and staffed and has made employment here not so desirable.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Friendly Enviorment
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 20, 2016
The people are very friendly and easy to work with. Lack of employees hired to fill positions that are open. Pay is not equal to output of work. Management involvement in day to day process is poor.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Pay Range and advancement opportunities
good
material handler (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 23, 2016
same as I've said I loved my business and I would have been doing the same thing had not business fell off tremendously ...people wanted to do the thing themselves cause they could not afford to pay for a cleaning service anymore and this is after cleaning the same peoples house for several years
Overall a great place to work
Planner (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 19, 2016
Overall a great place to work but it's not what it used to be, management doesn't uphold the "code" we're all supposed to live by. It's still a rather large company and this could possibly not be the case in other depts but I've seen things get worse over my time.
Very nice people work there
Maintenance Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 27, 2016
The people that work there are the best, they made it feel like it wasn't really a job. They worked a lot of hours sometimes. Management was good and they have a great corporate atmosphere.
Great work environment
Sanitation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 20, 2016
Great place to work, Wonderful environment great people, family owned. Recommend anyone to work for them and start or advance in a career.
Great learning opportunity
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 9, 2016
Worked mainly out of Excel & SAP performing various analysis & profitability reports for my superiors upon request. Was able to work during the school year after my summer internship.
Rich Products
VP of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 7, 2015
Dynamic family owned business that is a leader in its field as a business to business company. People are extremely dedicated to the success of the company at all levels of the business.
Pros
Growing organization and a leader in its field
Cons
Management alignment.
Rich Products provides a safe and fun envirnment to work.
Production Line Inspector/Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCJuly 2, 2015
A typical day for me at Rich Products is to ensure that the (CCP) metal detectors are working properly. Also, maintain quality checks on the products to ensure the specifications are correct per customer request and to ensure that all associates are working in a food safe manner.
I have learned many things during my employment at Rich Products. They cover many areas, logistics of the ingredients as well as the logistics of the product itself. I also acquired leadership skills.
The management team treats every associate as a family member and helps out when needed.The experiences with my co-workers are very vast. When some associates needed additional training in certain areas, other co-workers are there to help.
I found that the hardest part about my job is to allow bad product go to our customers per supervisors request because of product inventory, instead of rejecting the bad product. its important to me that our customers receive what they ordered.
The most enjoyable part about my job is to learn new things and new innovated ways of production.
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 23, 2015
enjoyed working there the money was great but it was hard on my body I enjoyed working with my co-workers and my management was very fair
Pros
insurance
Cons
hours
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Saint Simons Island, GAApril 20, 2013
Rich's best asset is their people. Unfortunately, senior management believes they can become a leaner organization and therefore have capped SG&A for each department, which means in order to promote and give raises to some associates, you have to let others go. I can't imagine this will last much longer, as a number of good people are leaving the organization.
Pros
family-oriented atmosphere
Cons
capped sg&a