Richard Bland College Employee Reviews

Hostile work environment
Administration (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJuly 9, 2017
The administration is completely incompetent. They rule by fear and you are subject to be realigned at any moment. Each year several departments are realigned. There has been a total of 5 or 6 HR directors since 2013. If you are not in 100% agreance of the president or Athletic Director they find away to realign your position. The athletic department is a joke. If you'd like to be part of a staff that is completely segregated from the rest of campus and is not viewed in high regard by faculty then this is the place for you. High turnover rate for all sports with the exception of basketball since the Athletic Director is also the head basketball coach. Many view rbc as a hostile work environment and decide to leave because of the undue stress one incounters on a regular basis.
Pros
The old RBC
Cons
Salary is not competitive, work environment, and the total disregard of state and federal laws
Upheaval - repetitive turn over of employees
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 6, 2017
There was a complete restructuring of the institution due to new dictates from the Board of Visitors to the new college President. All State Colleges are losing the bulk of their state funding. State colleges now have to raise their own money to remain solvent. This restructuring was a response to that necessity.
Student work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAApril 11, 2017
It is an okay place to work. The hardest part is the working with some of the different departments. The enjoyable part is the people who work there. I have learned that I have to figure out the right fit.
Awful Place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 17, 2017
You never know when you might get fired. The president is a lunatic and there is a culture of fear and intimidation. Working there was the worst mistake of my life.
Fun place to work
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 14, 2017
Everyone at Richard Bland College is really nice and cool to wok with. It is an easy going job and varies from day to day. It is a lot of hands on work that gets done within a couple of hours.
up and coming
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJanuary 13, 2016
I enjoy working here and have the opportunity to learn new things and be trained and certified in another career field.
The finance dept is very new and we are working to catch up and make processes better
Horrible place to work.
administration (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJanuary 1, 2016
You never know if the day you come in to work will be your last day. 75 people have left in the last four years because of their environment. They escort employees off campus when they let them go. They don't value the good employees they have!
Pros
The old RBC
Cons
Management, values, morals and ethics
Good Place to work
Gym Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAFebruary 20, 2014
While attending RBC I was hired to work in the gym as a Gym Supervisor. On the days that I work It was pretty easy. While I was working I was allowed to do my homework as long as I did my job.
Very fun place to work
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJanuary 7, 2014
General Assistant for the Director of Student Activities
General office duties to include faxing documents, filing, plan
College Events.
Assist with College Open Houses.
Orientation Advisor
Pros
flexible schedules if and when need
Rbc
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 27, 2012
RBC was one of my favorite places of employment. I learned a lot there and was able to work closely with those working in admission, and have developed great professional relationships while I was employed there.