RICHARDS Employee Reviews

Amazing Internship Experience
Brand Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2017
I absolutely loved my internship with The Richards Group. I worked with some of the most positive, encouraging, driven, creative and interesting/interested people I have ever met and learned more in 3 months than I did in any college classroom!
Pros
Beautiful office, work-life balance, amazing people, positive vibes, encouraging and collaborative environment, gym on the top floor
Cons
can't think of any from my experience!
Knowledge Is Power
Sr Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Terryville, CTApril 26, 2017
During my time spent with Richards Corp, I had developed a strong understanding of what the site construction industry consist of. Work there allowed me to work with various groups (i.e. Estimating, Layout, Accounting, Materials, Laborers, etc.), which allowed me to become a well rounded Sr. Project Engineer.
Cons
Harrasement within upper management, which could not be handled well due to long term freindships within the company.
First class management personnel, loyal to all employees, tight nit
Heavy Equipment Operator /Site Foreman (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 21, 2016
A typical day of work during my time spent at Richards was always rewarding. From the day I started there as a laborer / operator to the time i left the company working as a site foreman I never worked a day that i felt wasn't appreciated. This company more than any other i have worked for was not only fair to all employees but also had a way of inspiring anyone willing to learn and advance their position. I was a prime example of that and will be forever grateful for the amount of time they invested to allow me to learn and eventually become a valuable asset to the company. I learned everything about print reading, site layout, general principles of fine grading, working with elevations, etc.. The most difficult part of my job once i had been promoted to a foreman position was also the most enjoyable part of my job. Because of how well I was prepared when i was given the opportunity to supervise a crew and run a job site I was not set up for failure. My employers expected the most out of me and I always felt determined to deliver. This type of a work atmosphere gave me a sense of self pride and confidence. These are values that are key to the progress that i have made in this field.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and room for advancement
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
Excellent work environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2016
The Richards Group is an amazing company to work for. There is no "I" in any project at TRG. Everyone works together and has a major sense of pride when we complete successful projects for clients.
small law office
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2016
nice people to work for but benefits and pay are on lower end of scale. good work/life balance. casual, laid back office.
Pros
work/life balance, laid back office
Cons
benefits, pay
Great place to learn if you need a drill sergeant
Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2016
The Richards Group lives by a few spoken rules and a lot of unspoken rules. As an intern you're thrown into the deep end of the agency, treated like a full-time employee with high expectations. This was a wonderful learning experience where one is given a road map and pretty much expected to figure it out, be resourceful, and independent. If you're like me and you need structure, TRG is a great place to begin, if you need flexibility then go elsewhere.
The culture at TRG tries to be laid-back, but is still very corporate for an advertising agency. The agency is very autonomous and a bit self-centered. The people are innovative and forward-thinking, but you must must must keep up [and go above and beyond] if you want to survive.
Pros
great internship program, great healthcare, beautiful building, great location, profit sharing, food!
Cons
zero privacy, lack of diversity, rigid environment
Company has no direction
PR Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2016
Management is poor and the company has no vision on how to proceed forward. Only use interns for cheap easy labor and they're easily replaceable.
Pros
food
Cons
no advancement, poor management
great and family oriented place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJuly 16, 2015
Love everything about working at richards the family feels is not only welcoming but refreshing and it makes all the employees feel loved and appreciated
Good Job
Clerical/Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bryant, INSeptember 15, 2014
I loved the people and the customers. Very good job. I would recommend job to anyone.
Very Low Benefits
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. John's AntiguaSeptember 4, 2014
I enjoy my work, and I'm good at what I do, however there is a severe breakdown in management that causes this not to be the best place of work.
Pros
Flexibility during working hours
Cons
No benefits, no clear management, poor remuneration
I law Wilmington law firm with great benefits.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  WilmingtonAugust 6, 2014
I work as a bankruptcy paralegal (Chapter 11). I worked on high profile cases and spent many hours of over time.
Pros
Great healthcare, vacation benefits
Cons
You had to work over time daily.
Organized Organization
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 12, 2014
This Company has been in business over 25 years and they are very organized.
I get a great satisfaction out of fixing a vehical correctly
Freelance, Auto Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Most of my day are based around what a car may need mechanically. Every day is a learning experience but the one thing that makes the biggest difference is having patience.I am my own manager/boss. I did not have any co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be when a customer dose not tell me exactly what was going on when there vehicle started acting up. The most enjoyable part of my job would be seeing a customers smile when there car is fixed.
Pros
The more expearance, with every vehical that i work on.
Cons
I am not able to keep my hands clean at any rate.
Great learning experience
Bankruptcy Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 2, 2013
A typical day at work - very busy and productive. A good work environment.
Pros
great healthcare package
Very Friendly People to do business with
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJanuary 10, 2013
Customer Loyalty was key to the success of the company. I enjoyed the customers who understood the limits of a small company.
Pros
this small company provided excellent personal service
Cons
company not big enough to survive in a big box world.