RICHARDSON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT

RICHARDSON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT Employer Reviews

Well managed organization with excellent teachers.
Aide1 SPED and Resource Department (Current Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 4, 2014
Pros: great support from administration towards all teachers needs.
Great work environment in which children learning, achievements and safety always comes first.
great place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great co-operative and supportive atmosphere
Cons: no work during the summer
I love working at RISD. they have great consistency with their employees. the work environment is fun, both with co-workers and students.
Wonderful team of teachers
Teacher of English (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasJune 8, 2014
Pros: wonderful people who love the students.
The group of teachers with whom I worked were wonderful and helpful. The community is very supportive of the teachers and students.
It's just okay, you must know someone in district
Teacher (Former Employee), RichardsonMay 12, 2014
Pros: low salaries
Cons: good students
Hard work does not pay off, you must know someone to advance. If you're just looking for a job its okay.
NA
CFY SLP (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 22, 2014
Great district to work for, enjoyed working with students and co-workers are very supportive.
Fun workplace
Instructional Assistant (PACE) (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: 3 1/2 work day
Cons: don't get healthcare
You assist the kids with their homework, organize lesson plans, and provide games for physical education. Overall this was the best job I've ever had
risd is a very well planned and educated place to work
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), dallas texasFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: the staff teaches arts and crafts and cooking classes
Cons: a very safe and friendly atmosphere
working at RISD is very fun and educated and the environment is
very safe and secure the co-workers are very friendly and advanced in their teaching skills
fun place to work
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), richardson, tx.January 30, 2014
help teachers in operation of their computers. and to help teaching students in using computer properly in different program. All the teachers are nice and dedicated for their works, it was nice to know.
Amazing district with wonderful administration
Student Teacher (Former Employee), 9501 Ferndale Rd, Dallas, TX 75238December 25, 2013
Pros: amazing district who were accommodating to everyone
Cons: not any cons from my perspective.
Me being just a student teacher there, I didn't know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised at how inviting and friendly they were to me. I was at Lakehighlands Elementary school for my first part of student teaching and the principle invited me in with open arms. All of the teachers were extremely nice, and I never came across a single person – more... that was rude. The administration were extremely welcoming to the student teachers that were in the district. They held a student teacher orientation where I got the chance to meet some awesome people who made sure that we knew we were welcome and that they wanted us in their district. I also got to teach at Pearce high school and it has amazing art teachers there. The principle was also a wonderful woman. – less
Productive work environment, rewarding in terms of giving back to the community.
Head Volleyball and Track Coach (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 1, 2012
Pros: making a positive impact on the lives of socioeconomically challenged adolescents.
Cons: it was difficult to find work/life balance, especially being a single mother
My English and Reading classes were where I began my day. Greeting students with a friendly smile and a handshake and asking them one thing I knew was unique to them was essential. My students often came to class angry or sad and with their heads hanging low. My primary objective was instilling confidence in them and trust between us. I learned that – more... by getting to know who they were, I was able to teach and they were eagerly ready to learn.

Over my seven years of teaching, I managed co-workers,students, one student-teacher, athletes and parents. In order to handle these responsibilities I had to exhibit my ability to be assertive, friendly, co-operative, team-orientated, organized and intelligent. I was successful.

My job as teacher and coach was hard when I saw students struggle with outside factors that were out of their control. Many lost their innocence, in my opinion, prematurely. Politically, many regulations were in place that tied my hands in terms of what I could teach and how I had to grade students. Classroom sizes were large and staff was short. I got frustrated because I didn't feel my students were receiving the opportunities they deserved and their were no easy solutions.

I loved getting to know my students. Seeing them let their guards down and then trust me enough to guide them through an awkward time in life was extremely rewarding. – less
Custodial Supervisor
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 20, 2012
Pros: meeting and trainning new personel
Cons: had to work nights during the school year and in the day during the summer
Nothing to say but a little hard work year round, with training of staff each four months, little paper work and at night.
Productive and inspiring work environment
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 30, 2012
Cons: poor opportunity for growth
A great place to work with supportive co-workers and upper management.