RICHARDSON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

Social Studies Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 15, 2017
Richardson ISD, about as good as any other district in Texas, I just can't recommend the teaching professions at all, not in Texas. If you hire on here, expect to put in many unpaid hours (it is expected) and don't count on having any autonomy in the classroom, content is dictated and handed down from the district.
Very good school district
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2017
I was only a substitute teacher for 6 months. During that time, I witnessed a very organized culture. The district was expanding and hiring aggressively. I liked the variety and working with eager school children.
Pros
Many opportunities. Friendly personnel.
Cons
Unsteady work.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Day of work included teaching, communicating and caring for students aged 7-11.
I learned how to communicate with teachers, parents and their children.
The job was stressful during times when students misbehaved or when I had 15+ students to attend for.
The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with students on a daily and watching them grew within the four years I taught them.
Great learning experience
After School Tutor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I loved working for the district and connecting with the kids, from giving their snacks and asking about their day to helping them with homework. I really learned a lot from the different kids that where from different cultures. I realized the beauty in having kids and i am now able to apply some of the lessons i learned from working with those kids to how I may handle certain situations with my kids.
What I learned
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 29, 2016
Kids are like sponges they really do absorb information and make it extremely exciting to watch. To see the growth from the beginning of the year to end is amazing to watch. The transformation is what makes the feel as though they have completed their job successfully.
Pros
Teaching new concepts weekly
Cons
There is not enough time in the day to teach
Tutoring middle school children
AVID Program Tutor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 29, 2016
I think everyone knows how hard junior high and middle schooler's can be to work with. I tutor them multiple times a week and have to be professional at all times, also while carrying a good deal of knowledge in mathematics and sciences. Co-workers definitely help the day go by faster, but the hardest part of the job is the teachers that let the kids have control, there needs to be structure. The best/ most enjoyable part of the job is the knowing I helped a kid to understand a concept not previously understood.
Cons
Kids are a hassle
great place to work
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 5, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Otto MS & miss working there. It is a beautiful school & has a great admin team. I miss the sped team I work with too.
Challenging work environment
Elementary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 21, 2016
Richardson ISD is an excellent place to educate a child. Any and all resources are available to teachers. Work hours are extremely long with all the daily duties and added responsibilities.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Extremely long hours
Summer projects were the most productive time of the year.
AREA SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 9, 2016
The most important job I had, learned to supervise, directed a diverse group that enriched my life, the hands on training was fantastic.
Pros
Training second to none.
Cons
Small room to implement new strategies.
Working for Richardson ISD
Employee (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with fun and great energy. I have enjoyed being an employee at the district. It is a great place to work!
A passionate district with communication issues.
Curriculum Writer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 5, 2016
RISD is a great district to work for. They have grow and with that growth they have experienced a breakdown in communication between district policy makers and classroom teachers.
Positive, service-oriented, energetic staff
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 30, 2015
I enjoy working with kids and encouraging them to have fun cultivating their love for learning and personal growth.

The hardest part of my job is deciding when it is most helpful to just let the students help themselves and when it is not.
Pros
Manageable hours, enjoyable group of people to work with
Cons
Relatively low pay
Productive and exciting workplace that promoted career advancement.
Accounting assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 7, 2015
A typical day at work for me began with sorting and distributing mail. I learned many keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Excel and how to use the ERP software, a business management software. For me the most enjoyable part of the job was all the accounting techniques and software that I learned.
Pros
Flexibility
Very good place to work!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 16, 2015
I recommend to anyone wanting to enter into the education field. The administration is very knowledgeable and caring. My co-workers are the best.
Loving Work
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 30, 2015
A typical day at work is ever-changing. no day is the same as the last or the approaching day. I learned a lot of new ways and activities to enjoy with children. The management and co-workers are very helpfulwith new ideas and group activities. They are very supportive as well.The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye every evening and the most enjoyable is saying hello. The progression we all had as a group was very enjoyable.
rewarding
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 14, 2015
A typical day was very detailed and certainly not much deviation. I learned to work with children that had a deficiency in learning. Teachers were trained to assist students with disabilities and as an Aide I learned to understand and help control behaviors that characterize students with learning disabilities. Loving these student is how you help them achieve certain skills and to see the fruit of your labor is rewarding.
Salary sucks!
Paraprofessional/Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 9, 2015
Salary was paraprofessionals is pathetic. Position more for married people with a help mate at home not a single person. No compensation for using your own personal cell phone to conduct daily business for job.
Pros
Free lunch when you have students that are interning at a school cafeteria.
Cons
Pay sucks big time!
Good starter job
PACE Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 20, 2015
This is a good place to start off in the job industry, especially for those still in school and for those interested in becoming a teacher.
Fun workplace.close family
Paraprofessional Educator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 11, 2014
Great school to work at, I love the staff, so supportive.. I love the office staff, and the people I worked with... I worked there for 17 years, Had positive feedback every year, got along with everyone...

I worked with the kids on job boxes, living skills, social skills, work development, community outings, manners Hygiene, proper manners, managed behavior, attend classes with student, lead group activities, art projects, and other activities.. Made job boxes for the kids, cleaned and maintained a safe working environment.
Pros
Staff, kids
Well managed organization with excellent teachers.
Aide1 SPED and Resource Department (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 4, 2014
Great work environment in which children learning, achievements and safety always comes first.
Pros
Great support from administration towards all teachers needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RICHARDSON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4