RICHARDSON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

Difficult
Teachers Aid/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 3, 2018
I have always considered myself to be good with kids. That being said this was a hard work environment. The School did the best they could working with me to help the kids any any way they could.
Fun place to work
Head Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  High SchoolJanuary 20, 2018
Depending on the school for best sports programs. Sound academics throughout the district. Many opportunities for students to excel academically. Good District.
typical teacher job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 25, 2017
This district is just like any other... there's not much support, you work long and stressful hours just as any other teaching job.
Admin ignores problem students and expects the teachers to take care of it. They don't want to hear about it.
Pros
kids are great
Cons
stressful and no support
I had a good experience working at Richardson Independent School District
Administrative Support /Spanish Translator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 15, 2017
Good place to work, learn and grow.
The staff is trying to do the best.
Good cooworkers an staff.
We had students from different back grounds and social economic differences.
I worked with the parents and it was amazing how they worked hard for us.
Richardson ISD Workplace atmosphere
Exec Admin -Assist Supt. of District Operations (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 18, 2017
RISD is a family oriented workplace. A typical day is very unpredictable, which I thrive on. We manage the daily operations of the school district, which includes 57 campuses and 5 administrative buildings.The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the staff and community through the many activities that we sponsor. The management in RISD are very caring and easing to work with.
Fair at work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 7, 2017
The workplace culture was not so friendly. They we're alot of backtalking and talking behind peoples backs. Management would'nt do nothing about it. It wasn't very good.
Cons
short lunches
Amazing
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 20, 2017
I was established in Canyon Creek Elementary School, and it was the best place for me to work for while being a full-time student at the University of Texas at Dallas. It was a 15 minute walk, and I loved my coworkers.
over all good
FINANCE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2017
overall the district is a great place to work for. Para's do need more money and the insurance is way to expensive. There needs to be an incentive for non- teachers.
Stressful
Primary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 14, 2017
The expectations placed on teachers mixed with the lack of administrative support both on campus and district levels leaves teachers, especially those in title 1 schools, feeling very unsuccessful. There is so much paperwork and additional responsibilities that balancing work and home life is very difficult. The curriculum goes so fast that there are more and more students needing additional interventions which the teacher plans out in her "spare time". If you have a child or family at home that you would like to spend quality time with during the school year, do not work at RISD. The workload will leave you stressed, seems insurmountable and year by year it continues to increase.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Amount of paperwork, developmentally inappropriate academic expectations
Kids make it worthwhile
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 10, 2017
Working in the PACE program gave me the opportunity to really connect with the kids and guide them through difficult challenges in sports. Learned how to prioritize and compromise.
Teacher's Life
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2017
A day as a teacher in Richardson is wonderful! I came to work to find students that were eager to learn, got a period to plan with a team of professionals, and still had a conference period to do my own planning and grading.
Social Studies Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 15, 2017
Richardson ISD, about as good as any other district in Texas, I just can't recommend the teaching professions at all, not in Texas. If you hire on here, expect to put in many unpaid hours (it is expected) and don't count on having any autonomy in the classroom, content is dictated and handed down from the district.
Interesting Environment
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 24, 2017
Working with the students was great. Working with the teachers was great, as well as a good learning experience. Working with the district personnel was not always the greatest experience.
Very good school district
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2017
I was only a substitute teacher for 6 months. During that time, I witnessed a very organized culture. The district was expanding and hiring aggressively. I liked the variety and working with eager school children.
Pros
Many opportunities. Friendly personnel.
Cons
Unsteady work.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Day of work included teaching, communicating and caring for students aged 7-11.
I learned how to communicate with teachers, parents and their children.
The job was stressful during times when students misbehaved or when I had 15+ students to attend for.
The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with students on a daily and watching them grew within the four years I taught them.
Great learning experience
After School Tutor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I loved working for the district and connecting with the kids, from giving their snacks and asking about their day to helping them with homework. I really learned a lot from the different kids that where from different cultures. I realized the beauty in having kids and i am now able to apply some of the lessons i learned from working with those kids to how I may handle certain situations with my kids.
What I learned
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 29, 2016
Kids are like sponges they really do absorb information and make it extremely exciting to watch. To see the growth from the beginning of the year to end is amazing to watch. The transformation is what makes the feel as though they have completed their job successfully.
Pros
Teaching new concepts weekly
Cons
There is not enough time in the day to teach
Tutoring middle school children
AVID Program Tutor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 29, 2016
I think everyone knows how hard junior high and middle schooler's can be to work with. I tutor them multiple times a week and have to be professional at all times, also while carrying a good deal of knowledge in mathematics and sciences. Co-workers definitely help the day go by faster, but the hardest part of the job is the teachers that let the kids have control, there needs to be structure. The best/ most enjoyable part of the job is the knowing I helped a kid to understand a concept not previously understood.
Cons
Kids are a hassle
great place to work
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 5, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Otto MS & miss working there. It is a beautiful school & has a great admin team. I miss the sped team I work with too.
Challenging work environment
Elementary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 21, 2016
Richardson ISD is an excellent place to educate a child. Any and all resources are available to teachers. Work hours are extremely long with all the daily duties and added responsibilities.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Extremely long hours