Richardson ISD

Richardson ISD United States Employee Reviews

RISD is bad place to work if you want to be happy.
Teacher (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: administration, expectation of going above the normal, and you are an indentured servant from august to june
I arrive at 6:30. I need to catch up on extra paperwork and grading papers because I had to attend a mandatory seminar after "After School" tutoring. I am required to teach during the 90 minutes I have the kids (although the district requires 105 minutes for my class - the administration decides that other things are more important than letting you teach for your complete amount of time), BUT I am also expected to check my email frequently. My planning time is eaten by extra meetings and I have a non-existent lunch because I need to spend some of that time watching the kids in the hall or answering emails or getting extra work done. In the afternoon, I need to contact parents before another after school meeting about another test or project for which all teachers are responsible. I bring work home and I work on it while I try to balance being a mom and wife. I have to work on the weekend and miss the fun things my family gets to do. The administrators are quick to tell you how awful you are doing - in so much as to blame you for the results of the weather. Slow are they to give accolades for trying to keep up with unreasonable demands. The atmosphere is stoic and careful. No body seems to trust each other and a sense of paranoia is found in a few grade levels. This is the worst district at which I've worked.
Professional Work environment
2nd Grade Bilingual Teacher (Former Employee), Richardson, TexasFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: reduced lunches are offered
Cons: short breaks
Excellent Learning opportunities with solid experiences joined by outstanding trainning. The school's diversity can be seen in the many facets of the job itself.
Great experience
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJune 2, 2013
Pros: only working 3 hours
Cons: too many kids in my class and only working 3 hours.
Working with age groups from 9 years to 11 years.
Watching kids learn.
Great Place to work
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMay 13, 2013
This is a great school district to work for because they care about the opinions of their employees.
fun, diversified
deadlines
upbeat
Fun place to work in.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2013
a typical day at work is pretty simple. get to work on time, get your daily assignment and materials ready and just follow the schedule.
Kids and fellow teachers/coworkers dedicated and wonderful people to work with.
School Librarian (Former Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: kids, coworkers, physical facilities/job environment
Cons: time issues and non-job related issues
A typical day at work was always very busy--too busy by and large, with not enough time for me to do my job, without having to do things that were school-related, but not specifically related to my job. On a continuing basis this leads to exhaustion and burn-out because, as a human being, there is only so much I can do in one day. I loved the kids and my coworkers. Every day was a learning experience. A good teacher should learn from his/her students as much, if not more, than he/she imparts to the students. Kids teach you a lot. The best part of the job for me was working with the kids and the books/reading combined. The hardest thing was having the time--being allowed the time--to do that to the best of my ability.
I really like working for Richardson I.S.D.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), 400 S. Greenville Ave., Richardson, TXMarch 10, 2012
Pros: i have nights and weekends off, and many holidays.
Cons: i do not get paid for holidays, or summers.
The staff at most of the schools are very friendly and supportive. The quality of the schools are good, but the student populations vary.