Richardson ISD Employee Reviews

what you learn
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Vevay, INApril 30, 2017
I learn to pack , weigh , label and run a machine . we packed screws ,bolts , nails ,etc. this is also a system that pays for production ,you meet your quoto you earn more
Pros
offered free insurance
Cons
shut down
Better than DISD
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 29, 2017
Reasonable salary. They offered plenty of training opportunities that were easy to schedule. They had great morale and passion for educating all students.
great
Second Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 28, 2017
This is a great district to work for. The workplace culture, administration are very helpful and the staff works together as a team. The hardest part is adjusting lessons and the most enjoyable is watching the students grow.
Well equipped classrooms.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 15, 2017
A typical day at work was teaching Spanish to High School students from 9 a.m. to 4:10 p.m. five days of the week. I learned human reaction and response to every situation a teacher meets daily. I learned that I like being with high school aged children. I learned how to prepare curriculum, teach and work with a diverse population of students and parents. My co-workers were and are my best friends. The hardest part of the job was and is learning to listen to students and see beyond their words. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see a student learn and watch them fall in love with the language.
Pros
Good working conditions and the support of the administration.
Cons
Overcrowded classrooms
District with potential
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 28, 2016
It has the potential to be a good district, they need a bit more diversity within their staff to match with the student population......................
enjoyable space to work
Richardson West Jr (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 8, 2016
The ability to come each Tuesday and Thursday morning to help and guide teenagers solve homework problems was rewarding.
Great company to work for
Athletic Maintence (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 17, 2016
I went into Richardson ISD with absolutely no experience. They welcomed me with open arms and taught me everything i needed to know for the job. The hours were great guarantied 40hr a week plus benefits. i highly recommend anyone interested in the working for a school district to apply.
fun place to work.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 10, 2015
Fun work place, working with children's everyday. I enjoy every minute i worked in Richardson Ids. I develop a better communication skills and learned how interact with different children's of different ages.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
short break
Richardson ISD
Assistant Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 8, 2015
Love working with children. A lot of turnover due to the fact that it is a seasonal job with little hours. Takes a lot commitment for small compensation.
Wonderful district.
Music Specialist/Director/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson TXApril 23, 2015
My time in Richardson ISD were very formative. I learned how to be a successful teacher and had wonderful support from the staff and administration.
Nice family atmosphere
French Instructor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 14, 2015
A typical day depends on how much one is willing to put into it. There have been nights that I've been at school until midnight and nights where I leave by 17h.
I've learned that I still enjoy teaching but I'm ready for new horizons.
We have a new principal in my school, which has been an interesting transition.
The coworkers are like family. My department colleagues are what I will miss the most, aside from a few students who really brightened my days.
The most difficult part of the job is getting everything done before leaving for the night.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the students finally get what I've been trying to teach them all year long, especially when they can express themselves in French.
Pros
Working with caring people
Cons
It's teaching... if you're not sure of the cons then you should probably not consider teaching.
RISD is bad place to work if you want to be happy.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 20, 2015
I arrive at 6:30. I need to catch up on extra paperwork and grading papers because I had to attend a mandatory seminar after "After School" tutoring. I am required to teach during the 90 minutes I have the kids (although the district requires 105 minutes for my class - the administration decides that other things are more important than letting you teach for your complete amount of time), BUT I am also expected to check my email frequently. My planning time is eaten by extra meetings and I have a non-existent lunch because I need to spend some of that time watching the kids in the hall or answering emails or getting extra work done. In the afternoon, I need to contact parents before another after school meeting about another test or project for which all teachers are responsible. I bring work home and I work on it while I try to balance being a mom and wife. I have to work on the weekend and miss the fun things my family gets to do. The administrators are quick to tell you how awful you are doing - in so much as to blame you for the results of the weather. Slow are they to give accolades for trying to keep up with unreasonable demands. The atmosphere is stoic and careful. No body seems to trust each other and a sense of paranoia is found in a few grade levels. This is the worst district at which I've worked.
Pros
Money
Cons
Administration, expectation of going above the normal, and you are an indentured servant from August to June
Professional Work environment
2nd Grade Bilingual Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TexasFebruary 10, 2015
Excellent Learning opportunities with solid experiences joined by outstanding trainning. The school's diversity can be seen in the many facets of the job itself.
Pros
Reduced lunches are offered
Cons
Short breaks
Great experience
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 2, 2013
Working with age groups from 9 years to 11 years.
Watching kids learn.
Pros
Only working 3 hours
Cons
Too many kids in my class and only working 3 hours.
Great Place to work
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 13, 2013
This is a great school district to work for because they care about the opinions of their employees.
fun, diversified
deadlines
upbeat
Fun place to work in.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2013
a typical day at work is pretty simple. get to work on time, get your daily assignment and materials ready and just follow the schedule.
Kids and fellow teachers/coworkers dedicated and wonderful people to work with.
School Librarian (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 23, 2012
A typical day at work was always very busy--too busy by and large, with not enough time for me to do my job, without having to do things that were school-related, but not specifically related to my job. On a continuing basis this leads to exhaustion and burn-out because, as a human being, there is only so much I can do in one day. I loved the kids and my coworkers. Every day was a learning experience. A good teacher should learn from his/her students as much, if not more, than he/she imparts to the students. Kids teach you a lot. The best part of the job for me was working with the kids and the books/reading combined. The hardest thing was having the time--being allowed the time--to do that to the best of my ability.
Pros
kids, coworkers, physical facilities/job environment
Cons
time issues and non-job related issues
I really like working for Richardson I.S.D.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  400 S. Greenville Ave., Richardson, TXMarch 10, 2012
The staff at most of the schools are very friendly and supportive. The quality of the schools are good, but the student populations vary.
Pros
i have nights and weekends off, and many holidays.
Cons
i do not get paid for holidays, or summers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richardson ISD. Our community is ready to answer.

Richardson ISD Reviews by Location