Richelieu Hardware Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Rep/Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILSeptember 18, 2016
If you can ignore everybody then you might be able to stay sane. There is one cool manager but everybody else that has "power" at that job is either lazy or crazy.
Pros
No rules
Cons
No rules
Unstable work environment
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 6, 2015
For years my mother worked for this company as customer service representative. At 18, i started there as a warehouse tech. This was my first real job, so management worked with my lack of skill alot. It was my immaturity and lack of urgency that resulted in my termination after 9 month tenure. I maintained a good professional relationship with the Branch Manager and even thanked him recently for help mold me into a leader now almost 10 years later. Problem is, the hardware industry is also very unstable...multiple customer care reps, including my mother were laid off, due to the company's inability to afford the staff.
Pros
Great leadership, entry level warehouse experience, decent pay
Cons
unstable
Pretty laid back once you get the hang of it.
Inside Sales Representative / Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2014
I came in and there was sooo much to learn in the way of product knowledge, the training load was very intimidating. After about 6 months or so I got the hang of it and it was fairly laid back most days. The compensation was lacking so I left for another job, I later regretted that decision.
Pros
easy going atmosphere, no micromanagement
Cons
high strung customers, lower than average compensation
Micro Management
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 12, 2014
You rarely have time to sell products due to all the meetings and communicating that is required by the sales manager.The company feels that making money is much more important that developing a loyal customer base.I know you have to make money to stay in business but when you chase customers away, the money will go also. Only interested in the "big" players, no concern for the small shops.
Pros
great customers, quality products, great collegues
Cons
micro management, too many meetings
A large Canadian company offering an extensive product line.
Industrial Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2013
Very much in the in the acquisition mode for expansion into the US market. Distinct advantages selling from many branches and warehouses. Extensive buying power on an international level.
Pros
many industrial products
Cons
almost too many products being offered
Low Compensation/Benefits. Tons of excuses by the company. Toxic environment.
Salesman/Purchaser/Bookkeeper/Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYMarch 15, 2012
Some of my co-workers were great to work with, but the poor compensation, toxic environment from upper management made working there difficult. Everyone had to walk on eggshells.
Pros
good co-workers, decent location.
Cons
compensation/benefits, upper management