Richfield Hospitality

Richfield Hospitality Employer Reviews

Not a great place to work
Group Controller (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COMarch 21, 2014
Pros: no many
Cons: too few people, too much work.
Hospitality in general has no respect for those than manage the accounting and finance.
good people to work with when there are 2people on
overnighthouseperson (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free dinner or breakfest
Cons: too many new gm couldnt keep 6
go in at 10 pm get keys andwork sheet that we use to count the housekeeping closet see what is needed like how many king sheets are needed ,how many doublesheets are needed ,towels ,wash clothes,,pillow cases for each floor ,guest calls ,do laundry, take stock up,take care of the main lobby,ect.got out betwwen 6 am sometimes 630am,or7am
Excellent Company
AREA GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 30, 2014
EXCELL;ENT COMPANY to work for.
Challenge is working with different franchise ownedrs
Here today gone tomorrow
Food/ Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLNovember 26, 2013
Cons: inconsistent non caring managerment
Worked for a year and then laid off. Saw it coming as GM had all his friends working there and protected. Was in operations yet blamed for low food and beverage sales, yet not hired for sales.Terrible sales staff! . Management wants to run it into the ground!!
NA
Corporate Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COMay 17, 2013
Small company. Could be an okay company for the right person.
operations management poor, use you and spit you out. huge staff turnover
Restaurant Manager (promoted to line cook?) (Former Employee), Crowne Plaza Hotel Syracuse NYApril 29, 2013
Pros: good people, (staff) to work with., benefits, but by the time they deduct it you will be living on the street!
Cons: long hours, no staff, bad operations management, underpaid /
They will hire you under false pretense on salary. Hire you as a Restaurant Manager, then throw you in a different department after a few weeks, like the kitchen line cook position, work you 13 plus hours and 6-7 days a week, and if you do get a day off they will call you and harass you about not being there. Some of the Management walks around like they are god almighty (when they are there), talks smack about their employees and does not acknowledge them at all. SAD place to work. Don't waist your time at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Syracuse unless you are very desperate to have a job for a short period of time. I wouldn't want to even stay there unless I had to. Enjoyed working with the staff, they do work hard and try, too bad some of the management couldn't take some tips from them on how run the place. They NEED HELP DESPERATELY!!!! Highly unprofessional. a lot of turnover.
Okay if your options are limited.
Corporate (Former Employee), ColoradoApril 15, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Cons: poor culture, uncaring and disengaged management, poor advancement.
Richfield offers a decent work/life balance but the culture is very dry. Upper management is not engaged with staff and employee morale is fairly low. Advancement opportunities are limited. It is a decent job if your options are limited but it's ultimately a job, not a career.
Nice hotel, great team, fun place to work
General Manager - Holiday Inn Monroeville (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAJanuary 2, 2013
Reporting guidelines consumed 40-60% of a typical day, which limited the time I was able to spend with the guests and my staff. This property was the oldest hotel in the market, which made it challenging to compete with the newer properties and the amenities they offered. The biggest thing I learned working with my EOC & Department Heads is that thinking outside of the box and working towards aggressive guest service enhancements, that you don't need to be the newest hotel to recruit and retain new business. The hardest part of the job was living on property for an extended period of time and not having much time with my family, as we reside in Cleveland and I worked in Monroeville, PA. The most enjoyable part of my position there was overcoming obstacles that the hotel had never been able to do. It took a lot of hard work and everyone working together to make this happen.