Richfield Hospitality Employee Reviews

Good Corporate, Poor Property
Director (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 30, 2017
Corporate has very experienced, good leaders, which unfortunately did not translate to the property level with higher level management. Though the property had many challenges, it also had many opportunities. However, it was difficult to communicate with corporate when the long-time general manager has a paranoid stance of not sharing full details about property conditions and performance, to the extent of weekly warning to other directors that everything is to be kept "in house".
Good Place to work.
Housekeeping and Houseman (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 31, 2015
Busy and fast. Learned how to manage time. Supportive management. Good team work. Not enough workers. Meeting people.
Pros
reduced lunches, breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Always Understaffed
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 4, 2015
I work for this company for 16 months and the entire time I was with a company we were always short staffed in food and beverage and in sales. Overall Richfield is a decent company to work for with benefits but you end up being overworked because they can't keep staff.
Pros
The management that is in place at corporate is good
Cons
Understaffed, High Turnover & Poorly Managed at the property level
Not a great place to work
Group Controller (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 21, 2014
Hospitality in general has no respect for those than manage the accounting and finance.
Pros
No many
Cons
Too few people, too much work.
good people to work with when there are 2people on
overnighthouseperson (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 14, 2014
go in at 10 pm get keys andwork sheet that we use to count the housekeeping closet see what is needed like how many king sheets are needed ,how many doublesheets are needed ,towels ,wash clothes,,pillow cases for each floor ,guest calls ,do laundry, take stock up,take care of the main lobby,ect.got out betwwen 6 am sometimes 630am,or7am
Pros
free dinner or breakfest
Cons
too many new gm couldnt keep 6
Excellent Company
AREA GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 30, 2014
EXCELL;ENT COMPANY to work for.
Challenge is working with different franchise ownedrs
Here today gone tomorrow
Food/ Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 26, 2013
Worked for a year and then laid off. Saw it coming as GM had all his friends working there and protected. Was in operations yet blamed for low food and beverage sales, yet not hired for sales.Terrible sales staff! . Management wants to run it into the ground!!
Cons
Inconsistent non caring managerment
Na
Corporate Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 17, 2013
Small company. Could be an okay company for the right person.
operations management poor, use you and spit you out. huge staff turnover
Restaurant Manager (promoted to line cook?)  (Former Employee) –  Crowne Plaza Hotel Syracuse NYApril 29, 2013
They will hire you under false pretense on salary. Hire you as a Restaurant Manager, then throw you in a different department after a few weeks, like the kitchen line cook position, work you 13 plus hours and 6-7 days a week, and if you do get a day off they will call you and harass you about not being there. Some of the Management walks around like they are god almighty (when they are there), talks smack about their employees and does not acknowledge them at all. SAD place to work. Don't waist your time at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Syracuse unless you are very desperate to have a job for a short period of time. I wouldn't want to even stay there unless I had to. Enjoyed working with the staff, they do work hard and try, too bad some of the management couldn't take some tips from them on how run the place. They NEED HELP DESPERATELY!!!! Highly unprofessional. a lot of turnover.
Pros
good people, (staff) to work with., benefits, but by the time they deduct it you will be living on the street!
Cons
long hours, no staff, bad operations management, underpaid /
Okay if your options are limited.
Corporate (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 15, 2013
Richfield offers a decent work/life balance but the culture is very dry. Upper management is not engaged with staff and employee morale is fairly low. Advancement opportunities are limited. It is a decent job if your options are limited but it's ultimately a job, not a career.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
poor culture, uncaring and disengaged management, poor advancement.
Nice hotel, great team, fun place to work
General Manager - Holiday Inn Monroeville (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 2, 2013
Reporting guidelines consumed 40-60% of a typical day, which limited the time I was able to spend with the guests and my staff. This property was the oldest hotel in the market, which made it challenging to compete with the newer properties and the amenities they offered. The biggest thing I learned working with my EOC & Department Heads is that thinking outside of the box and working towards aggressive guest service enhancements, that you don't need to be the newest hotel to recruit and retain new business. The hardest part of the job was living on property for an extended period of time and not having much time with my family, as we reside in Cleveland and I worked in Monroeville, PA. The most enjoyable part of my position there was overcoming obstacles that the hotel had never been able to do. It took a lot of hard work and everyone working together to make this happen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richfield Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9