Richland School District One Employee Reviews

Great
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 18, 2018
Great job, I love working with the students and staff members. I worked with Middle School students and for the most part they were a pleasure to around. Oh and i love that i get the hoildays off to be with family and friends. Cant forget about the summer too!!
District Leadership
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Elementary SchoolDecember 30, 2017
The district could use a better support system from the top down. Many changes have been made and has caused the district to become very disorganized.
Richland One School District Food Service
Food Specialist Truck Diver (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 25, 2017
This area of the School District has great potential but the problem is with the associates. The District is working hard start a new transition to everything.
Decline
Special Education Teacher- Emotionally Disabled (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 10, 2017
I decline to provide a review of this organization. I do not want to provide a detailed opinion of the culture or management or the aspects of the job.
Administrative Specialist
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 7, 2017
Performed a variety of bookkeeping functions related to budget development and monitoring, account reconciliation, and purchasing. Performed administrative duties in support of faculty, staff and students including answering correspondence, processing and prioritizing office communications, research and analyzing data, processing mail, and processing confidential matters. Prepared special reports at the request of supervisor, and answered requests for information. Performed public relations duties through contacts and associations with important visitors, high-ranking governmental and educational officials, and the general public.
Great place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 28, 2017
I don't think you should be force to write about something that you don't won't to write in order to fill out a job application. This should be taken out.
Great company to work for.
Developmental Delayed Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29201August 18, 2017
Richland School District One is a great place to work. If you enjoy teaching your job will be exciting and filled with many rewards. If you are just looking for a paycheck this will not be a good fit for you because after all you are and will be working with children.
Good School District
teacher/sub/instructional assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 13, 2017
The district was dedicated to the education of the students. It is one of the largest in the state. The environment varies by school. The principal at my school is top notch and cares about her teachers and staff.
Pros
Good for students
Cons
Employees are not top priority
fun place
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 10, 2017
the job there was very nice I enjoy it and I would go back there I had a lot of fun when I was there feeding the kids was great to make sure that they eat
Pros
yes we got free lunch
Cons
breaks
My Time at Richland School District One
Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 3, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Richland School District One for almost 10 years. I decided I want to take a different path and try a the Charter District.
Love workimg with the children
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (K-5) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 1, 2017
I would recommend working with the school district if you are thinking of becoming a teacher or find a job doing something different within the school district.
Innovative, Fun, Exciting
Instructional Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 14, 2017
A typical work day included working will small groups of students on Math and Reading Academic Support. I would use modern forms of technology to create a morning news show for students. Mentor students with behavioral and academic concerns. The leadership here is very supportive and works with each individual to help develop their growth. The hardest part of the job is that there is not enough time in the day to get everything accomplished in one day. However, the most enjoyable part are the students I serve.
I really love working for RCSD1, but since I don't have a degree in education, I haven't been able to receive no more money.
In School Suspension Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 27, 2017
On a typical day, I monitor the cafeteria for breakfast. After that I go to my mailbox and get the referrals that an administrator has left for me to pick-up for ISS. Once I get in my classroom they are handed a contract with the rules and regulations, which they have to read and sign.
I've learned that you need to have patience and be a compassionate and humble individual to succeed with students today. I try to manage my time effectively so I can most of my assignments completed.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with the instructors about their students. Some of them provide an assignment and some don't. It would be whole easier if the adults would comply to the rules as well as the students.
The most enjoyable part of my job is rewarding when I go back and ask the teacher about a student's behavior and when I receive an excellent report, that let me know that my positive character traits is effective.
Pros
Assessing a student's behavior.
Cons
Trying to learn why a student acts out.
I consider Richland School District One as a school district that care about it's students being prepared to succeed in life.
Paraprofessional/Therapeutic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 22, 2017
I experienced a variety of rewarding monents in my seventeen years. Due to the nature of my positions (Paraprofessional and Theraputic Assistant), I didn't have a typical day. As a Paraprofessional I assisted in developing behavioral and acedemic strategies for students with emotional disabilities. I was supervised by the school's Principal in assisting classroom teachers in mainstreaming the students assigned to me. I provided intervention as needed to deesculate disruptive behavior(s) of the students assigned to me. During this position I was under the supervision of four Principals at two different middle schools. In hind sight, the most difficult part of this position was advocating for the students; but that was always offset by the joy I got from successfully doing so.
As a Theraputic Assistant, I was assigned to schools throughout the district as part of a five member team that worked with children diagnoised with autism. My duties were similar to those I had as a Paraprofessional. The most difficult part of the position was not having enough time to follow through with ABA therapy that was initiated; but I did experience great joy when we were able to measure the accomplishments of the student.
Pros
Being able to see the progression of the students
Cons
Sometimes not having enough time to follow through with needed behavioral strategies.
It's a very educational environment. Always a learning experience to be met. Very polite atmosphere
Custodial Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 14, 2016
Hard work always pays off. Discipline and respect by majority of the staff members. Reliable coworkers. A friendly attitude will promote a positive outcome
Pros
Enough break time to actually eat and enjoy lunuch
Cons
Sometimes getting off too late at night
Wonderful organization to work for.
Instructional Assistant LDS (Current Employee) –  Columbia SCMay 21, 2015
This is a very wonderful organization, they care for their employees and the work environment is very conducive. The management is on point. My colleagues were easy to work with and very selfless. The most enjoyable part is that i can make a difference everyday and there was no dull moment.
Pros
Summer off and flex pay, bonus every year
Cons
You dont want the time to end as it is very enjoyable
Fun workplace
Bus Driver/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Columbia ScApril 26, 2015
Enjoy job Need more money Typical co-workers Steady paced environment Supervisors understanding Very rewarding trips friendly teachers and staff
Great Experience!!
School Social Worker Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 20, 2015
I love interning at Heyward Gibbes Middle School. I learned so much about myself. The staff was so supportive and encouraging. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part was working with the students.
Pros
Supportive Co-workers, Student populations
great
Parent Community/Involvement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 18, 2015
Working for this school district is rewarding.I havelearned alot since working here. The school is great and the people too.
good job site good people faculty is a little un professional
custodian (Former Employee) –  ee taylorOctober 21, 2014
a typical day at work i clocked in i started my day i would interact wit the kids and teachers until the bell ring. i started my work i dumped trash and swept floors. i mopped and cleaned walls. after i went throughout all my rooms i would go and dust mop my hallway then damp mop it. management was really bad tho they were not about teamwork. i got along with all my coworkers i was a very liked person amongst my co workers. the hardest part about my job was cleaning up the real bad messes. the mos enjoyable part was seeing all the smiling faces
Pros
holidays off
Cons
short breaks