Richland School District Two Employee Reviews

ok place to work
Teachers Assistant (Autism) (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 12, 2017
Pay is not that great. There are a lot of loop holes when it comes to certain things. Working with the children is great though, just being able to see them happy. Enter at your own risk
Pros
days off
Cons
short breaks
Pretty good
Student Database Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 17, 2017
Really liked it don't have any complaints. Would go back if I had the chance to. Loved the days and schedule over all a really good place to work. Work there is you can
Lot of works if you want hours.
Security(office personnel) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 27, 2017
Providing security for all types of events, traffic, sporting events, district schools staff and children.
Learned a lot about how the school system works.
Management struggle on a daily basic.
Getting along with co- workers was difficult.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with different personalities
Most enjoyable was dealing with the children.
Pros
Much money to be made.
Cons
Weather
Richland School District Two
Teacher, Accomplishments (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 27, 2017
Public education is a tough field; it's political and personal all in one. The hardest part about the job is feeling isolated and lack of healthy community in my particular school. The best part about the job is the student connections and sense of making a difference in little ways and victories in the lives of my students.
Pros
summers and holidays
Cons
very stressful
professional workplace
Para Professional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29206April 25, 2017
Fun engaging and professional atmosphere.the class is a learning experience never a dull moment. team building and faculty staff meeting are a plus. The students are sometime a hand full but you continue to lift them up and give positive feedback along with encouragement.
Pros
special activities, compensation, benefits.
Cons
underpaid
good
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 1, 2017
great opportunities to work with others that put education as an upmost priority. Teaching is hard work but very rewarding!
productive and a good place to work
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed working as a bus monitor with the special needs kids , the hours are good the pay is good ,you just have to be careful with them some need to be care for different than others.
Pros
they have a break room to watch tv
Cons
you have to break in the summer
Very busy job.
Secretary II-Transportation (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 16, 2017
This job requires a person to have five arms and five legs. Be a multi task individual. One must be very flexible and always willing to expect interruptions.
One learns that you'll always be challenged. Take everything with a grain of salt. Be willing to accept constructive criticism. Be assertive most of the time and always be one step ahead of everyone else.
Always maintain rapport with co-workers because it makes everyone able to get along and communicate effectively.
The hardest part of the job was trying to keep all activity drivers aware of their schedules.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going to visit some of the schools and always meeting people.
Pros
Free coffee, luncheons
Fun place to work
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 12, 2016
A typical day as a Richland Two bus monitor was to get on the bus and watch and assist the special needs children on their way to school. I have learned a lot about children wit disabilities and how to assist them. The hardest part about the job, was to try not to go to sleep. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children
Benefits
Cons
Long break in between school hours
Espansive and productive and innovative
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 29, 2016
Typical workday is professional, busy, and student-oriented
I have learned that true professional learning communities do exist
Management is excellent
Co-workers are helpful
There is nothing difficult about working for Richland Two
Being there is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Salary
Cons

Want to know more about Richland School District Two?

Ask a question
Online Training Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with are great people. Attitudes are wonderful and people are very helpful to each other at all times.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
the pay
Enjoy talking to the students
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 13, 2016
Work in the classroom with students when the teacher is out, they leave lesson plains. I enjoy the class, great students.Sometime it could be hard to find a job because we had some many people who are retired and like to work with the students,
Pros
No lunch given
Cons
Some breaks base on the class you teach
school bus driver
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 10, 2016
early arrive at the crack of dawn and transporting children in the dark to school and from school, the joy you get when a child thanks you for getting them home safe and the ones that you thank them for doing what they were supposed to do while on the bus.
Pros
pearks and flexibility of not missing your children grow up
Cons
low pay and onl working 6hours a day
CHILD DEVELOPMENT SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 5, 2016
Through subbing I found my happy place. Its through subbing that finally figured out what it was that I wanted to do with my life career wise.
Good people but very stressful
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 19, 2015
Nice people to work with but you must keep your personal life personal. Funny job performance may not be what keeps your job it could be who one is friends with. A lot of back biting for no reason.
Great place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 1, 2015
Wonderful group of individuals to work with. Great benefits. Many opportunities for advancement. Wonderful place to work.
Pros
opportunity for advancement.
Cons
`none
What I have learned through my jobs
Spanish Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 18, 2015
As a teacher, I have learned to be prepared to adjust lessons based on the assessments of my students and also be able to adjust on the spot according to the students' understanding of the material. I routinely communicate with parents regarding their child's progress. team work is also very important. I work collaboratively with my colleague to ensure that students are getting the same material for the lessons.
Being a teacher is rewarding when a light bulb goes off (so to speak). Seeing the interest that they have in my lessons and learning while having a little fun.
In dealing with parents and clients (when working for SRC), I have learned to remain calm at all times. Just because they are yelling, it doesn't mean it is personal. Many times they are only venting out of frustration. Once they get done, they usually calm down themselves and the conversation becomes more rational and they are very grateful for that.
Outstanding Support from the Adminstirative Team at Richland Northeast High
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 28, 2015
Returning to the classroom this year was a smooth transition due to the support of the school administrative team. It also made me aware that I know that I can do more as an administrator than a classroom teacher.
Productive and stressful
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 6, 2015
Managing 51 bus drivers on a day to day operation of picking up and dropping off students to varies school. That you cannot make all parents happy. Management do not supply all the necessary equipment to do the job at hand. We work as a team to try and make the morale of our employees stay at its highest. To satisfy the parents of the students and to keep the turn over rate down. Getting to know the employees better and spend time with them.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Equipment and supplies
Very fulfilling job if you enjoy working with children.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 24, 2014
I enjoy working with children. I wish these positions had more opportunity for growth.
Pros
Enriching children's lives.
Cons
No raises or room for growth.