Richmond Ambulance Authority Employee Reviews

Productive learning environment
Vehicle Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2017
This is a job for someone who needs an entry-level job. This is a new learning curve for someone who needs job experience. The paid time off is good for emergencies.
Fast pace
Patient Account Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 6, 2017
A typical day at work was fast pace, learn a lot about medicare, medicaid, and commerical insurance, ICD 10 in-sevice classes each month. Talking to patient about payment plans.
Typicla day at Richmond Ambulance
vehicle service technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 13, 2017
A typical day for me at Richmond Ambulance consist of me arriving at 5am. Checking the log from last night crew to see what needs to be done for the day. Checking in Paramedics an EMT's that are coming off of there shift for the day. I learned many years of great customer service. The hardest part of the job was the stressful calls we had to take during 911 incidents. My most enjoyable part was feeling like a family with my co workers.
Pros
beniefts
Cons
hours
Productive and interesting workplace.
EMT Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 20, 2017
You learned to help the wounded and transport them from point A to point B. You will enjoy helping others and relieving them or discomfort before providing them with hospital care,
Pros
Providing medical assitance
Cons
n/a
Intense Call Volume
EMT (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 18, 2017
Exciting place to work. Good employees. High call volume with lots of learning experiences. 12 hour shifts 4 days a week. Hard job, but rewarding experiences.
Billing and Coding
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 15, 2017
If you are a medical coder this is not the place for you, because you bill based on signs and symptoms. It is a high pace environment, need experience
Pros
no pro
Cons
no cons
Get your experience and get out
Medic (Current Employee) –  2400 Hermitage Rd.March 30, 2017
This is a fantastic place to get experience. Very high paced and high volume. However, employees are easily replaceable and are treated as such. Benefits are a joke. This organization is extremely reactive rather than proactive regarding safety. Extremely high turnover rate in every department. Get what you need and get out.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Everything else
Great place for new providers to get experience
Field Operations Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 18, 2016
The city of Richmond provides a very unique opportunities for those starting in EMS. New providers are challenged daily with tasks of both urban and pseudo-wilderness EMS. Those that are successful are the ones who understand that every day is a learning experience.
Productive Work Pace
Vehicle Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 13, 2016
This company is known for World Class Ems with providing medical care to those who are in need. While being employed I have learned so much and also I have helped the department that I work in grow over the years.
High Volume, great experience.
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 11, 2016
High volume 911 system offering valued experience to any experience of provider. It is important to carefully balance work and home life as busy nights/days will quickly take their toll. With proper management of personal and work schedule RAA is a wonderful and progressive EMS agency allowing for tremendous growth. You will take out what you put in.
Productive and great place to work.
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 18, 2016
Family Oriented Environment. This is a World Class EMS system with great people. Love it here.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the family oriented environment.
Pros
People
Cons
Non
Great, fun, challenging work environment
Recognized as "Top Performing" Day Shift Crew (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2016
12-16 hour shifts. No real complaints here. It was definitely a challenging environment to work in, but very exciting and a place to really develop your skills in the emergency setting.
Good people overall
Chief Legal and Human Resource Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 28, 2016
Best part of RAA are the employees. A typical day at work entailed meeting people in each department to see how things are going and trying to make the conditions for all employees better.
Pros
good people
Cons
management issues
Nice place to work with many perks
Communications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 22, 2015
Everyday is a challenge. You would think we just move ambulances around and there are not many requests for service. You would be wrong. We are one of the busiest systems in the nation per capita and one of the best at doing what we do. With the high intensity of what we do there are many perks to working here. The benefits are great and there are many not listed on any site.
Overall it is a great place to work, but there is a downside. There is very little room for professional growth when in the middle management role. This is the only drawback to working here and is the reason for most moving on to other organizations.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of growth.
This was a hard working job.
Patient Accounts/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaFebruary 11, 2015
It is a pleasant work environment. It appeared to have a high employee and management turn over at that time. They had a nice celebration for the holidays in January do to variety of religions. This was very nice each year. They had nice company cookouts for employee and there families.
Pros
Party, lunch break
Cons
new employee training
Quiet and great place to work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 5, 2015
If you desire to work in a small environment, doing repetitious work, with friendly co-workers than The Richmond Ambulance Authority is the company for you!
Pros
Quiet, Friendly environment
Cons
paper cuts
Great environment for learning and experience.
Field Training Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 1, 2015
Loved working for this company. Met and worked with allot of good people. Richmond Ambulance Authority has allot to offer any paramedic and give anyone the tools they need to succeed..
I love the career and the people I work with.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 21, 2014
Brotherly atmosphere but not the best of managers. I love the people I work with but not the people I work for. It is a great job if you need experience and clinical hours if you pan to go back to school for PA or something.
Excellent & progressive EMS agency
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 23, 2014
RAA is an excellent & progressive EMS agency when it comes to protocols and advancements in Emergency Medical Care. The Operational Medical Director is phenomenal, promoting and developing progressive protocols. The management is easy to work with, and the direct supervisors are very approachable. Co-workers were generally great to work with, and created an overall positive work environment, though it was a bit cliquey at times. The job was both physically and emotionally taxing, yet also rewarding. The community was generally a pleasure to work with, as were the other Public Safety personnel.
A great learning experience!
Ambulatory Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 28, 2014
Working for RAA made me very proud. They Have world class EMS! Working for them showed me how important it is to work as a team when lives a at steak.