Richmond American Homes Employee Reviews

Great company to work for with great pay/benefits!
Sales Associate in Training (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CODecember 6, 2016
The people who work here are so helpful and willing to help with the newcomers. I learned how to be a great salesman, and how to operate the CRM and E1 computer systems, in which training really helps teach this. Training is very extensive, but well worth it once on the sales floor. The hardest part of this job would be the computer systems.
Pros
Training is very helpful, and the pay is great!
Cons
Have to work weekends
Good company
Director of Land Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLNovember 20, 2016
This is a good company, but division leadership changed from interview to my on-boarding. Land acquisitions and development were put on hold...would have liked to be acquiring and developing for the construction team!
Pros
Good company, great reputation
Cons
Got caught between division leadership which was unfortunate!
A company you can grow with
VP National Merchandising - Operations (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 3, 2016
It was a great company to work for and I learned a great deal with them. They were good about continuing education through classes offered through the company. Great benefits and made you feel appreciated.
Pros
Great company overall to work for
Cons
When business is slowing major layoffs
Tons of Freedom, Just learn to harness the freedome.
Warranty Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 25, 2016
No office to check into everyday,
Make sure you are very proficient on writing things down.
nights and weekends are not out of the questions, I work them often.
Lots of home owner and vendors to keep track of.
Driving around at least 300-400 miles a week.
Lots of handyman work to deal with.
Overall good job,
Structure for warranty is very out of hand. not very organized.
Turnover rate is quite high .
Pros
Huge bonuses
Cons
Lots of driving, and pleasing of unhappy home owners.
Wonderful environment for fostering creativity while maintaining professionalism
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 11, 2016
I LOVE my job, but my husbands work is forcing this relocation. RAH is a wonderful place to work for all departments. It truly fosters a team-building environment and the entire division's ability to band together during challenging times is testament to our achievements in AVID.
Best Company and Fun work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MDJuly 24, 2016
Professional and great company to work with! Great employees, Outstanding managers, Awesome culture! Everyone likes helping each other, Very competitive and results driven company, which is to be expected. Best home design, complete with in house designer and in house architect, home care specialist and a new home consultant specialist!
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Work on weekends
Highly Recommended
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 24, 2016
This is a great company to work for. Like any opportunity, make the best of it and give it 100% and you will receive the benefits.
Pros
Excellent Pay and Amazing Upper Management
Cons
NONE
Good Job.
Assistant Superintendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2016
Had a few bosses that liked to micromanage. really didn't like that part of the job. i liked co-workers and most management.
Pros
grat hours
Cons
had to travel at times
Jacksonville Division
Director of Land Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJanuary 17, 2016
Good people, good team, corporate wanted to grow, wished I was still there! Take into consideration the existing team when making a leadership change!
Do not advise working for this company.
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 14, 2016
Forget getting a opportunity to succeed, your fired before there is a chance. They want robots. Even the handful of employees that seem to stay employed have such an ridiculous amout of work they want to quit. You're lucky to get fired rather than not knowing if you'll have a job or not, and if you do, you hate going to work. Just move on.
Pros
Non
Cons
They do not care about their employees.
Richmond American Homes - Production Coordinator
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 9, 2015
At the division level this is a great place to work. However division management has little to no say in how they operate/ achieve their goals. I think the company as a whole would fair better if they allowed divisions more freedom because each market is different. Corporate continually hamstrings their divisions but never changes their expectations.
Dysfunctional environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 2, 2015
The product they sell is really good but it's management that is awful. There is no team concept, there are only favorites
Kept me busy with great responsiblity
Technician/Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2015
I enjoyed working for RAH, I'd still be working for them now had they not had Reduction in Force. I managed numerous projects and loved the pressure.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Reduction in Force when the market crashed
Sales Agent
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson ArizonaSeptember 29, 2015
Market is good in Tucson Arizona and I enjoyed working there.
The company is selling homes all over the Phoenix and Tucson area and is successful in maintaining customers and clients.
Pros
Enjoyed selling homes
Cons
Short breaks
Not positive
New Home Sales (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2015
As a new home builder I would not recommend them. They were opening communities too quickly and very unorganized. The turn over was tremendous. Everyone I worked with ending up quitting.
Pros
Cons
Extremely high turnover. unorganized.
Great homebuilder
Regional Recruiter - Desert Region (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2015
I can honestly say I enjoyed going to work every day at RAH. The team atmosphere was collegial but driven by spirited competition to be the best and take your co-workers forward with you.
The company produces a product to be proud of and many employees are also product owners.
The leadership of the company has been in the industry a long time and recognizes and manages the cyclical changes in the business.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
Slow salary growth
Productive work place
Closing Processor/Admin Assist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
Richmond American Homes is a great professional company to work for. Good opportunity for advancement and salary increases.
Pros
room for growing and salary increases
Cons
cant recall any
Excellent company to work for
Department Coordinator- Land and Development (Current Employee) –  Suisun City, CAMay 20, 2015
A good place to work. Good work life balance. Management like to promote form within. Everyone is allowed and encouraged to try different areas to grow professionally.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
benefits are not stellar by any means
Productive Company with the home buyer in mind.
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2015
Richmond American homes is a company that is looking to build the "american dream". This "New home builder" strives for excellence. Richmond American Homes works well with it's subcontractors to complete its finished product.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Over use of personel
There was no mico management
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Sickleville NJApril 2, 2015
First I would walk all houses in production then go over what was going to happen that day then check Build Pro schedule and update it make sure the subs who due to show did so if not I would make phones calls and then with any problems that would occur

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richmond American Homes. Our community is ready to answer.