Richmond American Homes

Richmond American Homes Employee Reviews

Jacksonville Division
Director of Land Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJanuary 17, 2016
Good people, good team, corporate wanted to grow, wished I was still there! Take into consideration the existing team when making a leadership change!
Do not advise working for this company.
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 14, 2016
Forget getting a opportunity to succeed, your fired before there is a chance. They want robots. Even the handful of employees that seem to stay employed have such an ridiculous amout of work they want to quit. You're lucky to get fired rather than not knowing if you'll have a job or not, and if you do, you hate going to work. Just move on.
Pros
Non
Cons
They do not care about their employees.
Richmond American Homes - Production Coordinator
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 9, 2015
At the division level this is a great place to work. However division management has little to no say in how they operate/ achieve their goals. I think the company as a whole would fair better if they allowed divisions more freedom because each market is different. Corporate continually hamstrings their divisions but never changes their expectations.
Dysfunctional environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 2, 2015
The product they sell is really good but it's management that is awful. There is no team concept, there are only favorites
Kept me busy with great responsiblity
Technician/Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2015
I enjoyed working for RAH, I'd still be working for them now had they not had Reduction in Force. I managed numerous projects and loved the pressure.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Reduction in Force when the market crashed
Sales Agent
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson ArizonaSeptember 29, 2015
Market is good in Tucson Arizona and I enjoyed working there.
The company is selling homes all over the Phoenix and Tucson area and is successful in maintaining customers and clients.
Pros
Enjoyed selling homes
Cons
Short breaks
Not positive
New Home Sales (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2015
As a new home builder I would not recommend them. They were opening communities too quickly and very unorganized. The turn over was tremendous. Everyone I worked with ending up quitting.
Pros
Cons
Extremely high turnover. unorganized.
Great homebuilder
Regional Recruiter - Desert Region (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2015
I can honestly say I enjoyed going to work every day at RAH. The team atmosphere was collegial but driven by spirited competition to be the best and take your co-workers forward with you.
The company produces a product to be proud of and many employees are also product owners.
The leadership of the company has been in the industry a long time and recognizes and manages the cyclical changes in the business.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
Slow salary growth
Productive work place
Closing Processor/Admin Assist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
Richmond American Homes is a great professional company to work for. Good opportunity for advancement and salary increases.
Pros
room for growing and salary increases
Cons
cant recall any
Excellent company to work for
Department Coordinator- Land and Development (Current Employee) –  Suisun City, CAMay 20, 2015
A good place to work. Good work life balance. Management like to promote form within. Everyone is allowed and encouraged to try different areas to grow professionally.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
benefits are not stellar by any means

Want to know more about Richmond American Homes?

Ask a question
Productive Company with the home buyer in mind.
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2015
Richmond American homes is a company that is looking to build the "american dream". This "New home builder" strives for excellence. Richmond American Homes works well with it's subcontractors to complete its finished product.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Over use of personel
There was no mico management
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Sickleville NJApril 2, 2015
First I would walk all houses in production then go over what was going to happen that day then check Build Pro schedule and update it make sure the subs who due to show did so if not I would make phones calls and then with any problems that would occur
Creative stimulating environment
Design Director (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 19, 2015
A typical day includied interacting with management from various departments within a national home building company which I found to be very stimulating and educational. Giving me a well "fleshed-out" perspective of what needs to go into the finished product which is what a model home represents.

Management and co workers were well educated and good at what they did. Business was good and everyone seemed genuinely happy to be there and doing their job.

Managing a high strung employee who was bitter at my being hired in a position of authority over her when she was hoping to have been promoted from within to the position.

Fortunately this was not the first time I had that experience and being able to recognize it early on, I was able to observe and formulate a plan to incorporate this individual into the team making her feel valued. It was a challenge I came to appreciate having.
Pros
full homebuilding experience
Cons
immediate supervisor had less than desirable attention to budgetary concerns
very good job
Superintendent Of Land Development (Former Employee) –  Nor CalFebruary 6, 2015
The people were good to work with the management knew what they were doing and cared about the lower people. They are always concerned about how you are doing and if they can help in any way
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard work..stressful
Do yourself a favor and dont work here ! It is not worth what they will put you through.
sales associate (Former Employee) –  phoenixDecember 21, 2014
Absolutely the worst company to work for. They have a horrible reputation. Management is incompetent and lack leadership skills. Instead hiring friends and play favorites. They will use you and try to keep you in fear for your job. They have created a Morales and unethical work environment where friends of management are awarded for stealing your clients. They would rather see you fail then succeed if you have a good work ethic you pose a threat. Employees are uncoperative, caddy and rude. They will steel your clients backstab you and this is encouraged by the sales manager because she wants only her friends to succeed placing them at better communities and lets them practice unethical behavior. Sales manager is not a licensed realtor and has never sold real estate lacks the experience needed to lead and is moody she practices a, " I am never wrong attitude ! " This is a high stress environment due to the way it is managed internally they have a lack of training and will ignore your requests for help because management doesn't no how to do most job tasks themselves. You will be treated poorly when you have a question. Constant turn over everyone walks around looking unhappy because they are !
Pros
working 24/7
Cons
ruthless environment
work
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2014
Richmond is a home builder. They build homes. I worked there. It was a good job until the bubble burst and home building came to a halt in Phoenix
Being a contractor, I have not much to say about advancement
Administrative Assistant to Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILAugust 10, 2014
All in all, the team was great - They changed upper management too frequently, ergo, when I was offered a permanent position with Bosch, I changed ~
Pros
great perks - nice lunches, outings, etc., however not fruitful for the production aspect of the workload
Cons
management changed hands too often for longevity
24/7
Home Care (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 28, 2014
Have to use your personal cell phone for work which leaves all homeowners and trades knowing your personal tele number and trust me they call you 24/7. Also was forced to download email on my phone so you can never get away from work. I had to stop carrying my cell on weekends. Very stressful work environment. Management is always behind in helping the employees. They do knee jerk reactions instead if being proactive.

Money was ok. Benefits ok.

If you like a ton of stress then you will do fine working for Richmond. If you have no life than you will do well working for Richmond. If you enjoy knee jerk reactions and like dealing with cranky people than you will do fine. AND if you like lots of useless "POSITIVE" meetings where you basically get told what all you did wrong than you will do fine
Pros
my direct supervisor was awesome i appreciated him.
Cons
using personal cell. upper management at main office
No comment
New Home Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2014
The sales environment is very much like working at a car dealer. Do whatever it takes to make the sale. Often times with no regard if your actions are ethical
They are now BOA and have not gotten good words spoken from those whom worked there.
Senior Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2014