Richmond American Homes Employee Reviews

Productive and challenging
Sr. Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2018
I worked for Richmond Homes in numerous capacities, enjoying every one of them. I especially enjoyed supporting the sales people out in the various subdivisions. Worked seamlessly with many departments to ensure the homes were being built and closed successfully as per contract.
Pros
Team work
Cons
N/a
good place to work
Alton Cooper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working and cleaning these model homes, the hardest part was mopping all the beautiful floors throughout the homes. I enjoyed going into the different laid out homes and cleaning to the best of my ability.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough homes to clean
same as other jobs
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 23, 2017
same as the other jobs I've worked for.
fast pace, data entry, checking prices on invoices, matching PO's and delivery receipts with invoices, making sure budgets are correct, Checking to make sure all vendors suppliers have the correct insurance. Loved my job.
Pros
free lunches
Not a good place to work
Superintendent of Construction (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 9, 2017
I can't recommend this job. Working at Richmond American homes is one of the worst decisions i have ever made. I was hired to do a specific job but half of the construction field staff quit or got fired the first month. I spent my time at RAH calming down angry customers and getting bullied by the management.

They use threats intimidation and denial of bonuses to motivate the field crew. The corporate culture is fear, insecurity, and avoiding blame.

The hardest job is going to work in the morning to subject your self to the work environment. The second hardest part is leaving the frustration, fear and anxiety at work so you don't bring it home to your family.
Pros
pays good
Cons
short life expectancy, high turn over
fun place to work
New Home Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2017
Great work ethic, long hours, supportive staff needs to explain goals and set expectations . great benefits a great friendly work environment. Good competition
Pros
great meetings
Cons
long weekend hours
It was useful because of the training I received from there.
New Home Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 6, 2017
It was an ok training ground. The training was good, but over all, it was not a good place to work. I appreciated that they gave me an opportunity. For that, it was worth it.
Pros
The training was good.
Cons
They are too inpatient and their quotas and constant changing of the rules was not helthy.
Not the Best Place to Work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2017
The company promotes from within, which should be a good thing. However, they promote someone to management, who has zero management experience, which makes working here a nightmare. They constantly threaten your job, and there is zero work/life balance. I do NOT reccomend.
Pros
The Money is decent
Cons
Everything else
Great Communities to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 26, 2017
I worked with Richmond Homes in Denver and Florida. A typical work day was to meet and greet people looking for a new home and presenting our models and inventory and showing them homesites to find the right one for them and the most enjoyable part was watching the excitement on their faces after the sales agreement was signed. You learn something new every day as each person is different that you meet.
Pros
Beautiful models and great builders and warranty department.
Cons
The drive time to my community was over an hour.
Richmond Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2017
The typical day at this company is the same as any sales associate for a builder.

This company provides a mediocre ability for a commissioned sales person to excel. The hardest part of the job was selling homes from a floor plan with very little creative marketing opportunities. The sales training is outstanding however.
Pros
Manageable hours
Cons
Business model doesn't provide a finished product to sell.
Builders beware!
Builder (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 30, 2017
Very poor management, cut throat environment. This company does not take care of its employees. It is not a good work/life balance. Very poor management and micro-managing at its finest due to lack of training for their managers. They will promise you help and backing but you will NOT get it. What you will get is an extreme amount of workload and unreasonable expectations. Every employee, who isn't already brainwashed will tell you the running saying is "don't drink the koolaid".
Pros
Your last day there
Cons
See the review.
My life at Richmond
Division sales manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 30, 2017
Richmond doesn't care about their employees at all. I have never worked for a company where the culture is cut throat and everyone blames each other instead of working together as a team. Its the worst experience I have ever had.
Equal pros and cons
Senior Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2017
Depending on the community you're assigned to, your salary can be low or exceptionally high. Northern Colorado's Divisional President is essentially the reason I left, no respect for sales or any other staff, rude to customers and false sense of importance.
Pros
Draw to ensure salary, fun environment
Cons
Job security is non-existent
Working in a model home
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 22, 2017
Meeting and assisting customers throughout the homeownership process. This environment forces you to take initative and create your financial goals through business development.
Pros
sometimes the community you are given can have challenges
Cons
high turnovers
Horrible experience
Community Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 21, 2017
Each division is run differently so I realize my experience is not the same as other areas. The management was terrible in both support and training, there was no organic growth or career growth options. Leadership was not qualified for the jobs they had.
Pros
Good start up draw
Cons
Everything else
Stressful
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2017
Lack of communication between all departments, lack of information to trades, It's like fighting a war just to get things done right. High turnover in every department, not a healthy work place
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Negative people high turnover, over expectations without support
Very productive environment
Land Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 18, 2017
The best job I ever had. Very productive, professional environment.
Great compensation and incentives.
Good personnel and work environment.
Good balance of work and family environment.
Pros
Good money
Stressful environment in the Corporate office
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2017
Selling the homes was the easy part, the trouble is in the inner office and construction. No one listens to the salesperson or the customer, they build the home the way they want, not the way the customer bought it. I had over 28 years of New Home Sales in Jacksonville Florida and this is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for.
Pros
The homes have a great look
Cons
They run this office like a drive thru car wash
Poor Leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2017
Management makes it almost impossible to sell, they blame the sales people for everything including their own short comings. The homes are stripped down and everything is extra. All of the top sales people quit, need I say more.
Pros
Cons
The competition will always beat Richmond
Good Sales Training
New Home Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2017
Typical day at Model Homes in community. Learned about the closing truths and over coming objections . Good management supportive
Sometimes construction delays cost customer service scores to drop but overall a good place to work
Enjoyable Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80237July 28, 2017
Working with new home buyers and construction personnel was delightful. Enjoyed assisting home buyers in resolving complaints about their new home and working with construction personnel to achieve resolution.
Pros
Excellent customer and fellow employee relationships
Cons
sometimes (not frequently) stressful situations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richmond American Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8