Richmond Behavioral Health Authority Employee Reviews

Fast pace environment that is frequently changing
Clinician I (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAOctober 12, 2017
A fast pace agency that is frequently changing. I've learned the importance of applying sound clinical judgement in efforts of attempting to divert the risk for out of home placement. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and discharging clients as this usually means services have been successful and client is stable and living a full quality of life.
Busy
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 4, 2017
If you enjoy a fast paced environment and have a passion helping those with Mental Illness, it is a great opportunity. Various diciplines working together in order to find the best outcomes for the clients.
secure
Program Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 23, 2017
RBHA offers a place of security and balance, with a humanistic approach to their ongoing employment processes. They keep their employees informed and offer opportunities for employee input.
Pros
Humanistic
Cons
Low salary
REACH Child Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2017
Great staff, managers and benefits. They make you feel appreciated and part of a team. The pay is fair and there is room for growth. It is a great company to work for.
Extensive paperwork and high job expectations
Mental Health Lead Case Manager/Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 15, 2017
60% of your day is consumed by paperwork. Client behaviors can be demanding and aggressive (if working with children). I have grown in being able to manage crisis' effectively and calmly. Management has decreased with it's involvement in the daily program and appears to lack in supporting it's employees. The agency presents a culture that is heavy on documentation verses dedicating time to clients. The hardest part of the job is the never ending documentation and building relationships with clients and families. The most enjoyable is when progress is visible in your clients.
Pros
scheduled time off (when working in the school services of the agency)
Cons
daily documentation, working at an off site location
good place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 20, 2017
This facility serves the local Richmond and surrounding community by providing top notch health care which includes internal medicine and mental health care.
Pros
great people to work with throughout the day.
Amazing Organization
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 5, 2017
I have been employed with this organization for the past 9 years and have only positive things to say. From the Board, to executive management, to direct service providers, to housekeeping staff, the agency is full of people who work as a team in order to ensure that services offered to the most vulnerable citizens in the City of Richmond's behavioral health needs are met. Truly an innovative company.
Pros
onsite gym, promote wellness, strong leadership
supportive co-workers, intense caseload
Adult Mental Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2017
There are some great people who work at RBHA and this is good, because the caseloads can be very intense and stressful. Supervision is offered for licencing and the parking is paid for.
Pros
Good co-workers, fleet of vehicles for outreach work, decent pay for the area
Cons
Caseloads can be stressful as well as the documentation
An awesome inpatient resource for our populations
Nursing Supervisor-CSU (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2017
I helped develop this program from the beginning and was the Nursing supervisor for 5 years prior to taking another position upstairs to launch another new program-RICH Recovery Integrated Care Medical Clinic
IT Help Desk at RBHA
IT Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 18, 2017
Running desired programs, assisting in connecting doc stations, laptops, PC's, and phones, and monitors. Knowledgeable in all areas. A typical day at work would be fixing a combination of the above. I have learned to repair various forms of equipement, and has learned vast knowledge and is very skillful within this good environment. Everyday at RBHA we have an enjoyable atmosphere, and I never had a hard day, sort of speak.
Manager was horrible
Editor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 10, 2017
I took a summer job here and the job was to write a strategic plan. I was 23 and didn't know what I was doing at all, and I literally got no instruction from my supervisor.
Productive workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 24, 2016
Productive and flexible work environment. Good starting point for individuals looking for experience in mental health, substance use disorder and developmental disabilities.
Productive agency with a mission to help the consumers of the City of Richmond
Intake Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 12, 2016
Great agency to work under I truly enjoyed the bond that I shared with our clients and the willingness to empower the younger generation. Empowered me to be a better multi-tasker and allowing me to have many skills under my belt. Budget analyst, data entry, payroll entry, accounts payable/receivable all while still serving our clients. Awesome Tenure
Pros
Free Parking, monthly team meetings, team building outings, great benefits
Cons
under staffed, large caseloads, no flexibilty
Not bad
Data Entry Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23219May 3, 2016
RBHA is not a bad place to work, it is very difficult to get into and difficult to advance unless you are part of a "clique". The pay is excellent and you are given an extra half hour to work out in the gym on your lunch break. Education is valued but not paid for through this company.
Pros
gym, flexibility in scheduling, pay
Cons
advancement, application process, cliquey
Life changing work that really helped people
Crisis Intervention Team Clinician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed providing crisis management in the community. Skip was a great supervisor and was always so flexible with scheduling and work / life balance. I learned a lot from him.
Pros
automatically in the PRN pool
Cons
Lack of team work/ negative attitudes
This is an agency that is client centered and very productive
Mental Health Technician, QMHP (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 11, 2015
There is opportunity for growth. The benefits are excellent. You can get promoted to another department of the agency if qualified. There are internal promotions.
Pros
trainings, fitness gym free for employees
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Educational
Residential & Special Projects Supervisor (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 12, 2015
Good starting point and place to grow academically and clinically.If you survive here you can work anywhere. Work can be very intense but one must have a passion to work with the population served.
Cool laid back work environment
CSU Mental Health Tech (Current Employee) –  CSUJune 23, 2015
Have only been there for a short while but seems pretty good. Lots of advancement opportunities. Promotion from within is very good. Pay is great.
Pros
Gym on premises
Cons
Schedule is difficult. Holidays and weekends.
Growth in certain areas
REACH Respite Acute Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 31, 2015
Certain programs are great and certain administrations are not able to see past the politics of their own egos to promote within. Certain favoritism is govern and given to certain individuals who do none of the work but are praised for someones work.
Pros
Great place
Cons
No upward growth /
Steady pace, heavy responsibility
Mental Health Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Each day is markedly different, but some days can be very overwhelming with a huge caseload and aggressive clientele. Co-workers and support from direct supervisor make the job do-able