Richmond Community Services Employee Reviews

Patience
A Team
Being with the residents
Leaving
My time was productive and I enjoyed it. The residents taught me a lot about themselves and myself. To be able to help residents who cannot help themselves is very rewarding.
Nice place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYMay 12, 2015
My day at work begins at 2pm and end most of the time at 10pm. I usually l get a bus to go and pick up residents from their day program. I have learned a lot about how non verbal people communicate. Some of the management leaves something to be desired but are not bad people. My co -workers are a diverse group and are very helpful. the hardest part of the job is watching a resident suffer in pain because they are unable to tell you what is wrong. the most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the smiles and hearing the laughter.
WORST COMPANY EVER
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYMay 11, 2015
The jobs mission is wonderful but the actual work enviornment is terrible, The co workers are miserable and they drag you down in their misery.Especially at Day Program North ...Save yourself and if you MUST work here use this job as a stepping stone and not a career.
Helping People in Need
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYMay 6, 2015
Pros: The building was setup for the individuals.
Cons: Seein the individuasl digress.
The days are busy with helping individuals with all types of disabilities. I've learn to love and appreciate people who need the most help. The staff was great, but turnover was a lot. The hardest part was the calling out. Seeing the individuals smile.
great
client care professional (Current Employee), 919 north broadway yonkers n.y.March 21, 2015
Pros: nice admisphere
Cons: to little pay
great to work here and time to move on. the staff are always arguing about their pay and duties. I try to do my best. I always finish what I started.
good
Bathe, Groom, and assist patients (Current Employee), yonkers, nyMarch 2, 2015
good place that offers better ways for you to move up in employment and in education. this place teaches you a lot of things you may have never known and it gives you more skills then you can imagine.
Great Workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYOctober 14, 2014
I loved working at Richmond. The environment was something I look forward to everyday. My co workers, supervisors and managers were very good to me and I also loved the kids there
Productive and great Place to work and learn more about lives with people with Disabilities
Dietary Aide / Housekeeper (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: learning.
Richmond is a place of caring and patient workers. They help you understand how people with Developmental Disabilities live and how to help care for them. You have a great team of management to guide you through all work and learning. i enjoyed working with my co workers who kept the residents feel like their own children. the hardest part of my job is when a resident passes away, it hurts as if they are your own family member. you care for them and get to know them and love them so it hurts when they go. the most enjoyable part of my job is walking into work and the residents smile makes you ready to work.
Productive and diverse company
IRA Residence Manager (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: a lot of experience in various areas of human services
Cons: too little pay, too little respect for employees.
Agency has High Standards. They expect a lot from their employees. They provide the necessary tools for the job. I enjoy working because the Agency promotes Team Work. They are also Unionized.
The hardest part of my job is trying to cope with all the responsibilities that are thrown out on a daily basis with immediate deadline that gives no time to complete the everyday responsibilities.
The enjoyable part of my job is to see that all the individuals under my care are well provided for and that they are happy.
Good Job- Training is really effective
Residential Program Assistant (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYNovember 15, 2013
A god job to work for to gain experience working with individuals with special needs.
Good work environment.
Residential Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYNovember 1, 2013
Good work environment. There was not too much room for growth.
Workplace
Direct support (Current Employee), YonkerssOctober 5, 2013
There is room for growth,nice environment
work load is very light
you have to have a good heart to work here
Richmond provides well needed assistance to the disabled population which is quite commendable.
Senior Direct Care Professional (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYOctober 4, 2013
Pros: helping others
A typical day at work consistent of greeting co-workers and residents upon my arrival. Followed by reading duties for the day, which usually consist of me administering medications followed by documentation, or assist on medical appointments. Assist with hygienic needs, followed by safe transportation to daily destinations. Their is no hard part of my job, I'm very passionate about my job and I truly enjoy helping others and currently, just looking to excel based on educational background along with past and current experiences.
Pretty good company one of the best
Direct support Advocate (Current Employee), yonkers nySeptember 7, 2013
very pleasent place to workts a great place to work we all work as a team
managagment needs improvment
residents are great people
fun family atmosphere
Assist adults (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: convient
Cons: not enough pay
its a great place to work we all work as a team
managagment needs improvment
residents are great people
A very interesting place to work, good environment, great resources
Level 1 Supervisor (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJuly 22, 2012
Pros: great opportunity for growth
Cons: i had a short tenure
A typical day at work requires flexibility, the ability to respond to varioues demands. Managemebt was cooperative and supportive. Co-workers worked as a team to accomplish a single goal. The hardest part of my job was to create a team environment. The most enjoyable part was to see the team work in tamden.