Richmond University Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

good hospital
R.N. / Staff Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 4, 2016
Enjoyed working as a registered Nurse in this hospital. Very helpful coworkers , learned a lot as a new nurse and this being my first job.
Mediocre hospital
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 6, 2015
Heavy work loads, short staffed, unable to provide adequate care. Managers will throw you under the bus faster than your worst enemy. Co-workers are wonderful and always willing to help. Outdated practices due to lack of funding, but you provide the best care you can with the materials you're given.
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
poor management, lack of equiptment
would've been an excellent place to work
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2015
Everyone on floors were very helpful and easy to speak with. Learned a lot and enjoyed doing trach care. Would've loved to work here but wasn't given an opportunity
Labor and Delivery Family
Unit Clerk/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Staten Isalnd, NYAugust 15, 2015
Working as a clerk/registrar in labor and delivery has been a great experience. The staff has ruled become my family. Starting when i was 19 years old really helped my decision in pursuing a career in the medical profession.
Pros
Great coworkers, Tons of Experiences, great benefits
Cons
Very busy, no break at times, low pay rate
Richmond University Medical Center
Staten Island, NY-Utilization Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, New YorkAugust 3, 2015
Working in the medical field is something that I always have enjoyed. The relationships you build with the patients and the staff is something that I will never forget.
Residency
OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY CHIEF RESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 23, 2015
It was an excellent residency program that provided me the skill set to move on with my career as a confident attending physician
Somewhat over there head with how to run a Hospital
Administration Admin Assist. (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 12, 2015
Management is very one-sided, if you don't know the right people or communicate with the right folks then you soon to see what your worth. I had a bad experience with my last position, I Gave them 200% of me to get slapped in the face and laid off cause they wanted to split my salary for others on the job that been there longer...

But what goes around comes around, She is No longer there as well 8 mnths after i was laid off ,They laid her Off after she gave them 45 yrs of service....
Pros
Convienent to home
Interesting
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 6, 2015
This was a very interesting consultant assignment for me. I did not have the medical billing background but they took their chance with me and it worked. Four Stars for Richmond
Great experience
LMSW (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 30, 2015
-Facilitated discharge planning on all units of the hospital including Medical/Surgical units, Surgical ICU, Medical ICU, Neonatal ICU, Pediatric ICU, Telemetry Unit, Pediatric unit, Maternity unit, and the Emergency Department.
-Consulted with hospital staff on patients and attended rounds with the medical personnel as part of the interdisciplinary team in the hospital.
-Interviewed and assessed patients to determine needs upon discharge; such as, Home Care, Short Term/Long Term Rehabs, Inpatient/Outpatient Rehabs, Homeless/Domestic Violence Shelters and facilitated their discharge to identified facility with transportation.
-Followed up with all patients not seen on site in Emergency Department via telephone or mail to assess need for referrals or supportive services.
-Provided resources and referrals in the community for the patients as needed.
-Utilized EDIMS, Meditech, and MedAssets to input all patients’ notes into their Medical Record.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  nyNovember 17, 2014
Great hospital for medical surgical nursing. Learn a lot from the doctors and nurses. Patients are care for very well

Want to know more about Richmond University Medical Center?

Ask a question
great learning experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  staten island, new yorkAugust 18, 2014
Doing clinicals at RUMC was a great learning experience! The staff was more than helpful and were eager to help my classmates and I enhance our skills.
Clinical Observations and Rotations
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 18, 2014
I personally have not had the opportunity to work for Richmond University Medical Center. I fulfilled most to all observations and rotations at this facility and found it to be a great foundation and experience.
Many positions available
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 3, 2014
RUMC is a great place to work. Management works with their staff and listens to their concerns. Like any other place they have areas that need improvement but for the most part they are a good play to work for.
Exciting and challenging work place
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 29, 2014
Great place to learn and sharpen your skills.
Friendly co-workers
A Typical Day....
Family Care Specialist - Oncology Department (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 24, 2014
Meeting with patients to Oncology Clinic, Breast Cancer Clinic, Ambulatory Oncology Unit, as well as those who are on the Inpatient Oncology Unit.

I discuss barriers to they may have that will interfere with receiving care for their cancer. Screen patients for psychosocial distress using the NCCN Distress Screening Tool. Based on information provided in the assessment, provide various resources to patients.

I write progress notes for charts based on my patient load for the day. I also schedule individual counseling sessions for patients to meet with me during non-Clinic days/hours.
Pros
patient population; benefits; salary
Cons
patient's mortality rate
This hospital needs to revamp all management ASAP!!!!!!!!!
Maintenance worker (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 14, 2014
Two temporary boilers@over $30,000 a month each?????
The director and supervisors of maintenance have a very unprofessional&condescending attitude towards there employees. There is no regard for safety for the maintenance workers, there to cheap to buy safety equipment and give proper training on safety.
Pros
its a job
Cons
no break time! poor attitude on managements behalf..
Maintain a professional as well as authoritative demeanor at all times;
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  staten island ny 10301January 13, 2014
· Maintain a professional as well as authoritative demeanor at all times;
· Patrol and secure the grounds of Medical Center;
· File various accident/incident reports as needed;
· Prepare reports of unusual activities or events on campus;
Nice place to work, good people, friendly co-workers. Bad management, unprofessional.
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 26, 2013
A typical day at Richmond University Hospital was like the weather. Being a plumber for the campus for over 8 years things were never ''normal'' but that's why i loved working there. Every day was a new adventure for me because parts of the building were so old there would be a new leak and or problem to trouble shoot every day. Working a RUMC I have learned new aspects of plumbing like working with high pressure steam pumps and machinery. Co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of my job was arguing with management about making me work with asbestos, I guess they felt it was safe! I did not and that is one of the reasons I no longer work there. Safety is one of my goals.
The most enjoyable part of my day was when i made a repair on some broken pipe and got the place back up and running. It truly made me feel good.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management and being made to work in unsafe conditions
It is a pretty good medical center to work and practice.The staff there are nice and friendly.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staten Island,NYSeptember 25, 2013
The staff are nice and helpful. The environment of the medical center is good to patients and the staff working there. Although I am just a nurse student, the manager there and RN are always wish to help you and teach you. I can learn a lot here.
Confusing and disorganized bureaucracy
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 7, 2013
I found management uncaring and the general organization to be confused and disorganized.
Pros
union benefits and salary protection
Cons
poor care in all areas

Richmond University Medical Center Reviews by Location