Richmond University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 23, 2017
RUMC was the first hospital to take and train me after getting certified. As with any organizations, there are bad apples among the bunch, but in this case it does not spoil the bunch. A change in hiring procedures and leadership has allowed for more qualified and overall better people to get hired. They expect a lot, but they give you the tools and guidance to be the best you can be. If they offered me a per diem or part time position, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
Pros
Good people, interesting cases
Cons
Some people are difficult to work with, some outdated equipment
A place to learn and advance in medical career
Restorix Health Hyperbaric Technician/LPN (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 21, 2017
Ensuring safety precautions in oxygen chamber
Wound dressings with supervision of Doctor and fingersticks
Inputting data into electronic medical records
recording vital signs
Learned how to deal with general public
peaks and valleys with the flow of patients
the patients are a delight
Pros
able to hold another job hours can be flexible
Cons
short breaks
productive at times
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 2, 2017
What I learned at Richmond University Medical Center is problem solve with short staff and unpredictable situations.
Pros
Maternity
Cons
Patient service and staff
good
M.D. Residency (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 22, 2017
I was great experience working at this place, I have completed rotation in multiple specialties e.g. pediatric infectious disease, pediatric growth and development, pulmonology, intensive care unit
Dump!
Emergency Department Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 7, 2017
This by far is the worst place to work! The telemetry monitors are not connected to the nursing station! Even the physicians are left because this place is a liability!
good hospital
R.N. / Staff Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 4, 2016
Enjoyed working as a registered Nurse in this hospital. Very helpful coworkers , learned a lot as a new nurse and this being my first job.
very productive
Building Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 10, 2016
friendly atmosphere, very productive. accessible management, easy to talk to, always ready to help. Overtime was always available. Employees always love to work overtime.
Pros
large parking lot
Cons
smal cafeteria
Mediocre hospital
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 6, 2015
Heavy work loads, short staffed, unable to provide adequate care. Managers will throw you under the bus faster than your worst enemy. Co-workers are wonderful and always willing to help. Outdated practices due to lack of funding, but you provide the best care you can with the materials you're given.
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
poor management, lack of equiptment
would've been an excellent place to work
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2015
Everyone on floors were very helpful and easy to speak with. Learned a lot and enjoyed doing trach care. Would've loved to work here but wasn't given an opportunity
Labor and Delivery Family
Unit Clerk/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Staten Isalnd, NYAugust 15, 2015
Working as a clerk/registrar in labor and delivery has been a great experience. The staff has ruled become my family. Starting when i was 19 years old really helped my decision in pursuing a career in the medical profession.
Pros
Great coworkers, Tons of Experiences, great benefits
Cons
Very busy, no break at times, low pay rate
Richmond University Medical Center
Staten Island, NY-Utilization Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, New YorkAugust 3, 2015
Working in the medical field is something that I always have enjoyed. The relationships you build with the patients and the staff is something that I will never forget.
Residency
OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY CHIEF RESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 23, 2015
It was an excellent residency program that provided me the skill set to move on with my career as a confident attending physician
Somewhat over there head with how to run a Hospital
Administration Admin Assist. (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 12, 2015
Management is very one-sided, if you don't know the right people or communicate with the right folks then you soon to see what your worth. I had a bad experience with my last position, I Gave them 200% of me to get slapped in the face and laid off cause they wanted to split my salary for others on the job that been there longer...

But what goes around comes around, She is No longer there as well 8 mnths after i was laid off ,They laid her Off after she gave them 45 yrs of service....
Pros
Convienent to home
Interesting
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 6, 2015
This was a very interesting consultant assignment for me. I did not have the medical billing background but they took their chance with me and it worked. Four Stars for Richmond
Great experience
LMSW (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 30, 2015
-Facilitated discharge planning on all units of the hospital including Medical/Surgical units, Surgical ICU, Medical ICU, Neonatal ICU, Pediatric ICU, Telemetry Unit, Pediatric unit, Maternity unit, and the Emergency Department.
-Consulted with hospital staff on patients and attended rounds with the medical personnel as part of the interdisciplinary team in the hospital.
-Interviewed and assessed patients to determine needs upon discharge; such as, Home Care, Short Term/Long Term Rehabs, Inpatient/Outpatient Rehabs, Homeless/Domestic Violence Shelters and facilitated their discharge to identified facility with transportation.
-Followed up with all patients not seen on site in Emergency Department via telephone or mail to assess need for referrals or supportive services.
-Provided resources and referrals in the community for the patients as needed.
-Utilized EDIMS, Meditech, and MedAssets to input all patients’ notes into their Medical Record.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  nyNovember 17, 2014
Great hospital for medical surgical nursing. Learn a lot from the doctors and nurses. Patients are care for very well
great learning experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  staten island, new yorkAugust 18, 2014
Doing clinicals at RUMC was a great learning experience! The staff was more than helpful and were eager to help my classmates and I enhance our skills.
Clinical Observations and Rotations
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 18, 2014
I personally have not had the opportunity to work for Richmond University Medical Center. I fulfilled most to all observations and rotations at this facility and found it to be a great foundation and experience.
Many positions available
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 3, 2014
RUMC is a great place to work. Management works with their staff and listens to their concerns. Like any other place they have areas that need improvement but for the most part they are a good play to work for.
Exciting and challenging work place
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 29, 2014
Great place to learn and sharpen your skills.
Friendly co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richmond University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Richmond University Medical Center Reviews by Location