Ricker Oil Company Employee Reviews

Ricker Oil Company is a solid family owned business
Controller (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INSeptember 5, 2017
The Rickers are great people to work for. They care for their employees and offer a competitive salary & benefits. Overall a really nice place to work.
A nice place to work and shop
Associate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INMarch 28, 2017
Rickers has taken very good care of me and every other employee that works for them. They offer a very good healthcare plan as well as one of the best tuition reimbursement programs that I have ever seen. However, once you progress past the point of Customer Service Representative it becomes more about politics than actual performance. They are willing to bend the rules for those that they like personally instead of assessing the facts and investigating both sides of every problem. The hardest part of the job for me was being able to communicate with my General Manager. But the interactions I had with my customers and staff were by far the most enjoyable part of the job. I learned inventory control as well as professional etiquette and team-building skills which can come in handy in just about any job. A typical day, once you've established a routine and a familiarity, is less than stimulating and it is very easy to feel stuck in a rut which makes for an overall dull experience. It is very easy to feel trapped in this industry.
Pros
half price pops
Cons
no breaks
A great company to be involved with
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 20, 2017
I've been with Ricker's for over three and a half years, starting as an associate and moving up through the company to the point of store manager with high aspirations in less than two years. The family and corporate team are very involved with every aspect of the company and there are few places that can bind with a culture as strong as theirs.
Although I am no longer employed with them, by my own fault, I never felt dissatisfied with myself working for the company.
loved my customers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, INJanuary 8, 2017
A typical night at work would be cleaning and customer service. the hardest part about the job is i was the only person on 3rd, most enjoyble part was my customers.
Pros
good pay, customers.
Cons
dress code, worked alone.
Best Place I have ever worked for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2015
Ricker's was an amazing growing experience. Their focus on their employees is beyond anything any employee could hope for. The expectation to complete a job is a hard line, and does not waiver, but you can tell the owner's of this company take the time to really get involved with the management, as well as take the time to listen to each employee on what they believe would make the company better.
Pros
Excellent wages, bonus programs, and incentives
Cons
Long managment hours, limited hourly employee hours.
Great workplace to start out in the workfore challenging but easy to learn.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2013
A typical day started at 6am Monday through Friday, open up my register, take morning inventory of product, and check fuel levels. I learned the ability to best assist customers in distress. My co-workers made it easy to understand and adjust to the job and never had in problems with anyone of them. Hardest part of my job would be dealing with disgruntled customers but after being on the job long enough I learned mediation skills that help to deal with customers.