Ricker Oil Company Employee Review

View all Ricker Oil Company reviews

Great customer service job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, INNovember 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Rickers when I did. I loved the customers too. The one down part was that there definitely was favorites back when I worked. My co worker always made snarky comments and talked behind people’s backs. She’d be in the managers office for 20-30 minutes at a time. Also there are no breaks, but time goes by fast there.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
No breaks

Other Ricker Oil Company Employee Reviews

Ricker Oil Company is a solid family owned business
Controller (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INSeptember 5, 2017
The Rickers are great people to work for. They care for their employees and offer a competitive salary & benefits. Overall a really nice place to work.
A nice place to work and shop
Associate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INMarch 28, 2017
Rickers has taken very good care of me and every other employee that works for them. They offer a very good healthcare plan as well as one of the best tuition reimbursement programs that I have ever seen. However, once you progress past the point of Customer Service Representative it becomes more about politics than actual performance. They are willing to bend the rules for those that they like personally instead of assessing the facts and investigating both sides of every problem. The hardest part of the job for me was being able to communicate with my General Manager. But the interactions I had with my customers and staff were by far the most enjoyable part of the job. I learned inventory control as well as professional etiquette and team-building skills which can come in handy in just about any job. A typical day, once you've established a routine and a familiarity, is less than stimulating and it is very easy to feel stuck in a rut which makes for an overall dull experience. It is very easy to feel trapped in this industry.
Pros
half price pops
Cons
no breaks